April 23, 2024, 02:24:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standing Beef Rib Roast ?  (Read 6181 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 18, 2006, 11:23:48 PM »

Need some Monkey Cook's input on this one..

I bought a 7 lb. beef rib roast of X-Mas here (lots of left overs to go with the kid) and read Alton Browns... deal on Refrig. Aging & cooking...

Long story made short  I miss read how may days you could attempt to age the beef.. (mine was only 2 days) since I cooked it tonight vs on Sunday Embarassed

Should I attempt to warm this up on Sunday (after Freezing until Fri/Sat)
Or just go get another one Crying or Very sad  $$$$   Crying or Very sad  
If it not cooked perfect is a lot different than making some ill...

If warm UP  how best to proceed??????????????????

I cooked it slow  215 degrees until internal temp got to 115  pulled it out and let rest.. Internal temp hit 127.   Put back in oven of 530 degrees when internal was back down to 110 and blasted it until internal hit 115 again.  
Internal is now 129  (15-20 min) out of oven.

Anyway I'm thinking "Baking Bag", sitting out for 1-1/2 hrs out of refrig. to kinda warm up,  with preheated covered  roaster, cook @225 oven until internal hits 115-119 internal,  let set  until back to around 110 or less & maybe a short (3-5) min blast at 500+ without the bag to redo the exterior crust .

Or like I said ..... I get another one Rolling Eyes  Crying or Very sad  and start real early on Sunday and have a lot of frozen (thaw -heat & sever) - beef on hand for myself (which is not a bad thing) Very Happy

TIA Monkeys

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 11:48:38 PM »

It's usually 25 minutes for each pound of meat cooked at 325 degrees.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 01:02:06 AM »

Don't rely on me... by 4H bisquits were like rocks... did improve later out of necessity tho

No matter what, Monkeys, should he put it in heavy duty alum foil when reheating?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 01:11:30 AM »

Old Fart,

You are up really late... in a few hours the Easterners and Southners will be logging on and you'll probably have your answers.

It's too late PST for me to call my friends... none of them blog so go to bed early.

If you don't have your answer, I can print it up and take it to the local Italian Steak House that been then for decades. He ages his own beef.

Then, I'd have an excuse to stop at the local Italian bakery. Laughing

Good Luck,
IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 05:21:31 AM »

Sorry, Old Fart... slept through the whole day and 1/2 the night with a cold. How did it go? What happened?

Did you start over again (I hope not) but if you did, use the other for yourself, cut it, then wrap each piece in tin opps alum. foil and then you can reheat it in the oven... gives you good meat and heat.

Good luck, IBE

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:29:53 AM »

IBE
Thanks  for helping...

It is in the freezer utill Sautrday.  It is cooked  very rare.
I have just never  -semi- cooked, frozen and then re-cooked anything except vegies?

I'm hoping things will be Ok on the reheat of it

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 10:28:33 PM »

You are making me hungry!

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 12:29:44 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

Louise
Any suggestions on how best to re-cook / warm up again ?
Dry Ice / a foam chest.. may be in the works to ship some left overs your way (That is ...If You do not mind left overs) Wink

Thanks & Happy Holllidays to You !!!
OldF

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 12:31:29 AM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

Louise
Any suggestions on how best to re-cook / warm up again ?
Dry Ice / a foam chest.. may be in the works to ship some left overs your way (That is ...If You do not mind left overs) Wink

Thanks & Happy Holllidays to You !!!
OldF

Embarassed Forgot to say IF there are any...Both boys are over 6'3" and 200lbs

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.