April 18, 2024, 08:30:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Woods gets into a curious accident in front of his house 11/27/09  (Read 65145 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2009, 05:07:18 PM »

seahorse I don't know who is in that SUV.  The only thing I will say is that he needs therapy.  Running away to another country isn't going to help him unless he also seeks therapy.  The latest statement released about his family needing privacy is a well orchestrated statement by his team.

He needs to separate himself from these people callings the shots and listen to his family.  Those people are only interested in one thing and that one thing is money.  The money will always be there for him because he has a natural ability to be the greatest at a sport he loves.

Seek treatment and that will help him understand the hurt he has done to many.

I don't see this marriage lasting.  JMO.

I totally agree San

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »

seahorse I don't know who is in that SUV.  The only thing I will say is that he needs therapy.  Running away to another country isn't going to help him unless he also seeks therapy.  The latest statement released about his family needing privacy is a well orchestrated statement by his team.

He needs to separate himself from these people callings the shots and listen to his family.  Those people are only interested in one thing and that one thing is money.  The money will always be there for him because he has a natural ability to be the greatest at a sport he loves.

Thank-you for your down to earth opinion, San,

My view he is a spoiled brat and nothing will fix him. He has been King of golf,since, he was Three years old, he thinks he
is King, of what, don't know.  I don't think they are together, the press is being snorkered, Elin, will not put her two babies on
a ship and cruise without a nurse, children doctors, the woman is pretty and also wise, maybe,not wise:(

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2009, 06:31:56 PM »

I don't think that either of them are on that yacht if that is what is being reported...
what would she do with her mom and sister then? I still say that Tiger could be in a rehab somewhere..can his face be that messed up that he won't/can't appear in public?
He wouldn't be able to just hunker down in his house for 2 weeks without anyone seeing him, no one being seen coming to the house, like lawyers or his publicist etc...what about Elin's mom and sister? surely they would go out shopping or do something just to get out of the house...no one spotted, no pictures of that anyways....so, where is everyone?

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »

I don't think that either of them are on that yacht if that is what is being reported...
what would she do with her mom and sister then? I still say that Tiger could be in a rehab somewhere..can his face be that messed up that he won't/can't appear in public?
He wouldn't be able to just hunker down in his house for 2 weeks without anyone seeing him, no one being seen coming to the house, like lawyers or his publicist etc...what about Elin's mom and sister? surely they would go out shopping or do something just to get out of the house...no one spotted, no pictures of that anyways....so, where is everyone?

Cookie,

Good questions are better than good answers. I found the link below very informative and impressive on Tiger.

He is a stink bomb,but, to understand how he became one is interesting.

Nah, no one's on that ship except the Rats.  Elin did buy a house on an Island (December 1), the house "can only be reached

by boat" sounds she bought it for him. I would need access to a park for the kids, ice cream store, etc., wouldn't you?

He won't go to Therapy, he is too private. Elin's mother has a job in Sweden, she needs to return sooner or later.

When you find the Tiger Mom, you will find him, jmo.  Would you put your precious babies on a ship and sail? 

I wouldn't, unless, it was the last resort, then, maybe.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/tigertime1.html

Age 3
Shoots a 48 over nine holes at the Navy Golf Club in Cypress, Calif.

1981 Age 5
Appears in Golf Digest magazine and on ABC's That's Incredible.

1984 Age 8
Wins the Optimist International Junior Championship. He would repeat this win at age 9, 12, 13, 14, and 15.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »

very interesting Seahorse!

Have heard that Gillette dropped Tiger...they are not wording it that way but that is what it amounts to..imo...this will all come down like dominoes...but he will still have so much money that he won't have to work again I would think...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2009, 07:23:02 PM »

Have heard that Gillette dropped Tiger...they are not wording it that way but that is what it amounts to..imo...this will all come down like dominoes...but he will still have so much money that he won't have to work again I would think...

Cookie, this really makes me wonder what is coming next.

A photo of the Island, (claimed) Elin bought a house.  I hope she finds peace for her and the kids.
He will need to face himself in the mirror and that is punishment enough.

Do you think the Tiger mom is going to the Island, too?

http://www.boston.com/sports/golf/articles/2009/12/12/woods_wife_buys_island_home_in_sweden/

TMZ will need a boat if they moved to this place.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2009, 07:32:10 PM »

Thank-you for your down to earth opinion, San,

My view he is a spoiled brat and nothing will fix him. He has been King of golf,since, he was Three years old, he thinks he
is King, of what, don't know.  I don't think they are together, the press is being snorkered, Elin, will not put her two babies on
a ship and cruise without a nurse, children doctors, the woman is pretty and also wise, maybe,not wise:(

I don't know if therapy will help him but he needs to try.  If he is serious in what he is saying then be like Nike "Just do it".

As far as him being on that ship I doubt it.  At this point in time with what happened I would never travel with my kids on that ship with him.  I would want private security, crew and family to accompany me.

I think someone is helping him hide out while this slows down and whatever physical wounds he received have healed somewhat.

I think Nike has put a lot of pressure on him.  They told him we won't drop you if you abide by our rules not yours.  If not you're gone.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »

Cookie, this really makes me wonder what is coming next.

A photo of the Island, (claimed) Elin bought a house.  I hope she finds peace for her and the kids.
He will need to face himself in the mirror and that is punishment enough.

Do you think the Tiger mom is going to the Island, too?

http://www.boston.com/sports/golf/articles/2009/12/12/woods_wife_buys_island_home_in_sweden/

TMZ will need a boat if they moved to this place.

I personally would not want to live there..it looks very lonely and very cold...like impersonal if you know what I mean...I would be very scared to live there...it looks spooky...or is it just me?
I had read somewhere that Tiger's mom and Elin did not always see eye to eye...TG's mom seems like she is demanding to me...over protective ? dunno...I don't see his mom moving there with them..but who knows...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2009, 09:47:17 PM »

Cookie,

I don't believe they are moving there because it is spookie- ooking.  Tiger would buy the whole island and not one

stinkin' house. Elin bought the house with her Twin sister, according, to reports. The Tiger mom may be beastly:)

E.W. isn't relocate those babies, that is just far fetched, no mom would just pull up the children from a mild climate

and plop the kids in a deserted island with frigid weather, what if the kids were sick?  Is there a hospital near by?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2009, 12:07:02 AM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/12/13/betrayed-wife-elin-s-fury-at-tiger-woods-115875-21892910/

snip

Tiger – who is expected to ­attend a clinic for sexual addiction – will then fly back and forth.

snip

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2009, 12:24:44 AM »

(Tiger is reportedly of the Buda faith)

This is old news, I felt important to know his character...

Times Online October 8, 2007

Tiger Woods missed daughter's baptism

The golfer Tiger Woods has missed the baptism in Sweden of his three-month-old daughter, Sam, according to Swedish media reports.

Woods is married to the Swedish model Elin Nordegren, whose family turned out in force for the christening ceremony in Stockholm yesterday. But one source close to the family said: "“Everybody was very surprised over the fact that Tiger did not show up.”

Quite why Woods missed the event is not clear and a spokeswoman for the golfer declined to comment. The Associated Press ran pictures early on Sunday morning, European time, of Woods attending a charity event in California.

snip...

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2009, 12:36:16 AM »

http://sportsbybrooks.com/tiger-woods-skips-out-on-daughters-baptism-14192

This is a different article, he is just a disappointment.  Old news.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2009, 08:22:21 AM »

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/12/report-tiger-woods-wife-talking-divorce-lawyer

Tiger Woods’ wife has decided to dump him after Christmas and is already talking with a divorce lawyer, says a sensational new report.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Tabloids haven't been right about to much.  Elin is still in Florida, the article may be a little misleading,maybe, rumor.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/13/tiger-woods-child-service_n_390320.html

Unconfirmed report's of DCF at the T.W. house...note, please, any Ding a Ling can call a report in.

This unconfirmed report, some over zealous person may have heard on the Baby cry on the 911 call and contacted DCF?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-10155-Baltimore-TV-Examiner~y2009m12d13-Gillette-drops-Tiger-Woods-as-a-spokesman

Gillette drops Tiger Woods as a spokesman.
December 13, 12:58 PMBaltimore TV ExaminerMark Scapino

Gillette announced on Saturday that they are pulling themselves away from Tiger Woods.
After Woods has decided to step down from golf for an indefinite amount of time, other companies are considering removing Woods from their advertisements, including AT&T.

Woods has spent 13 years as an advertising king.  He is the first sports star to earn $1 billion.

Gillette's decision includes phasing Woods out of their advertising and from public appearances and other efforts linking the two entities together.

Woods hasn't been seen in a prime-time television commercial since a Gillette spot on Nov. 29, according to research firm Nielsen Co.

The company has not given a date as to if and when they will bring Woods back as a spokesman.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2009, 04:59:30 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8403418.stm

Gatorade drops Tiger Woods sponsorship

Soft drink brand Gatorade says it is to drop a Tiger Woods-endorsed product but said it was not related to revelations about the golfer's private life.
PepsiCo-owned Gatorade said the decision to axe the Tiger Focus drink was made a few months ago.
Since the 14-times major winner crashed his car on 27 November, many women have claimed to have had affairs with Woods.
There are also reports that adverts featuring Woods have vanished from US prime-time broadcast and cable TV.

We decided several months ago to discontinue Gatorade Tiger Focus along with some other products to make room for our planned series of innovative products in 2010 
PepsiCo statement

Woods' mother-in-law returns home
According to data from US media research firm Nielsen, the last prime-time advert featuring the 33-year-old golfer was a 30-second Gillette item on 29 November.
That commercial was broadcast eight times during November, Nielsen spokesman Aaron Lewis said.
Woods' other sponsors include consultancy firm Accenture. He is reported to be the first sports star to be worth more than $1bn.
Nike has been Woods' biggest sponsor since the start of his career, signing its first contract with him as long ago as 1996.
'Mentally tough'
He signed a five-year deal with Gatorade in 2007 for an estimated $100m (£61.7m).
"We decided several months ago to discontinue Gatorade Tiger Focus along with some other products to make room for our planned series of innovative products in 2010," said PepsiCo in a statement.
The marketing of Gatorade is closely linked to sports. Other athletes it sponsors include former basketball player Michael Jordan and sprinter Usain Bolt.
Gatorade Tiger Focus was launched as a sports drink aimed at athletes.
Gatorade's website describes Gatorade Tiger Focus to be a drink "designed with athletes in mind, helping them to be as mentally tough as they are physically".
The decision to drop the drink was first reported by soft-drinks' industry newsletter, Beverage Digest, on 25 November - two days before Woods crashed his car and sparked off the chain of events which continues to feature in the global media.
Tiger Force was launched in March 2008, and according to Beverage Digest the Woods-backed drink represented less than 5% of Gatorade's volume.

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: December 13, 2009, 05:03:05 PM »

Hi - have been busy for a few days so not able to keep up to date.  Some of the news items were also too explicit to post.  I watched a TV interview with one of the "ladies" involved and she said the words "It was not about the money" so many times it became annoying.  And of course that makes you know it was about the money. They are all very predicatable except for Elin whom I cannot believe did not suspect anything.  My thoughts are that she will take the kids, the $320m - and run.  And as far as Tiger being sorry about it all - the only thing he would really be sorry for is that he was found out.

Tiger Woods wife Elin Nordegren to leave him, newspaper reports

Article from: The Courier-Mail

December 12, 2009 11:00pm

TIGER Woods' wife is going to leave him after Christmas, a British tabloid claims.

Swedish model Elin Nordegren is in talks with divorce lawyers but keeping up a show of normal family life for the sake of their two children, according to a report in News of the World as it emerged that another of Woods' sponsors, Gillette, was considering ditching him.

Nordegren wants to spend Christmas with Woods and the kids in Sweden before a trial separation in the New Year, a friend told the newspaper.

"Elin will pretend it's the usual family celebration for the children and then ditch the man," the friend said.

Gillette ads axed: Tiger Wood may lose sponsor

"In the short term they'll act like any other loving couple. Elin won't break it all up right away. But she does need some time alone to herself and a legal separation will happen very quickly."

It has been claimed Nordegren has already moved herself and the children - two-year-old daughter Sam and 10-month-old son Charlie - out of the marital home to a separate house down the road in Windermere, Florida.

Next they will move to the new mansion she's bought on an island near Stockholm.

Reports in the US claim Woods has offered Nordegren $5.3 million from his $US974m fortune to stand by him for the next two years.

She will reportedly receive a further $61m if she stays for a further five years.

One divorce lawyer predicted that she was in line to receive the biggest-ever divorce settlement of up to $320m.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26480233-5012980,00.html

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: December 13, 2009, 05:08:15 PM »

Try not to cry as Woods becomes credit crunch victim

General Motors drops Tiger Woods

General Motors drops Tiger Woods

Posted by ZA on November 24, 2008

“Wow!”

That’s the reaction that most people are having to the news that GM is ending its 9-year relationship with golfing megastar Tiger Woods. Mr. Woods endorsed GM’s Buick brand. GM announced it was ending their endorsement deal as part of the on-going cost cutting measures at the struggling auto giant. GM says the separation is amicable and also being done so Tiger can spend more time with his family.

I’m not buying that last part. Yes, I know Tiger wants to spend more time with his family, but I don’t think GM was keeping him from doing that. That part of the statement was just a cover to make it look less like GM is dumping Woods. Let’s be clear here, General Motors is dumping Tiger Woods as an endorser.

Are they doing it because Tiger is not an effective endorser for them? No, although they probably suffered a bit this past year with Tiger on the shelf after knee surgery. The reality is GM just can’t afford these type of luxuries anymore, so they have to cut loose one of the top sports brands on the planet. Companies have to make these type of decisions when times get tough, and this is just part of the way things will go in the sponsorship world now that the economy is in full recession.

How does Tiger react to this news? I’m sure he’s a little shocked and maybe a bit hurt, but probably not devastate. He knows GM is cutting him because they are failing as a business, not for something that he did. But it still has to sting to be dropped after almost a decade working together, and I’m sure there will be some lingering doubts about his other deals. What if Nike hits a rough patch? Can Gatorade afford to keep pushing Tigerade, which is just Gatorade rebranded, in a shrinking sports drink market? Tiger is one of the top pitchman today, but even he’s not immune from the economic downturn.

What is next for Tiger & GM as they head their separate ways? General Motors is in survival mode, they’ve already eliminated their ad spending on the Superbowl. I expect them to continue to slash non-essential marketing costs, so all of their sports sponsorships will be in jeopardy. They are saying they are still committed to sponsorship of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, but I wouldn’t cash that check yet if I was VANOC. GM is going to have to make some very tough choices with their marketing expenses, and some of the decisions they might not get to make themselves.

I expect Tiger Woods to rebound from this setback rather quickly. This is the off-season for golf and Tiger is not coming back until The Masters in April. But assuming his knee is fully healed by then, he should pick up where he left off as the most dominant golfer in the history of the sport. That means that by the end of 2009 new sponsorship deals will be lining up to get a piece of Tiger, even in a down economy. How would Tiger look in a Lexus as a pitchman for Toyota? Or perhaps he goes the luxury route and inks a deal with BMW or Mercedes Benz. Regardless I expect Tiger to land on his feet and back behind the wheel of another auto endorsement deal very soon.

You won’t be seeing Tiger pitching Buick anymore, his endorsement deal with GM is done. by ZA on November 24, 2008

SEE VIDIO ON LINK

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: December 13, 2009, 05:20:47 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34396823/ns/business-sports_biz/

Woods likely is finished as foremost pitchman

Gillett reduces exposure with philanderer — other companies might follow

By Emily Friedrix

updated 7:14 p.m. ET, Sat., Dec . 12, 2009
When Tiger Woods’ break from golf ends, he’s unlikely to regain his crown as one of the world’s most valuable pitchmen, even if he gets back to winning tournaments and convinces people he’s changed.

America loves comeback stories, but his future ad opportunities are likely to be limited to sports product endorsements, significantly reducing his earnings power.

That was the takeaway from Gillette’s announcement Saturday that it won’t feature Woods in its ads for an unspecified period of time. It was the first major sponsor to distance itself from Woods since he announced late Friday he is taking an indefinite leave from golf to work on his marriage after allegations of infidelity surfaced in recent weeks.

Woods’ time-out and request for privacy may give sponsors the cover they need to pull their ads indefinitely and distance themselves from allegations that Woods had trysts with multiple women.

AT&T said it is evaluating its relationship with the golfer. Representatives from Accenture won’t say what its plans are regarding Woods, whom the consulting firm has used to personify its claimed attributes of integrity and high performance. But its Web site no longer displays on its home page an image of the golfer that had been there as recently as Thursday.

Companies often use athletes and celebrities in image ads not to sell products but to ride the coattails of their perceived qualities in the hope that it will rub off on them. Those kinds of ads are now likely gone forever for Woods as Tiger Inc. has self-destructed, costing him hundreds of millions in future endorsement fees.

Before the Nov. 27 car accident that exposed Woods’ alleged serial infidelity, 91 percent of the opinions expressed about him on the Internet were positive, according to Zeta Interactive. As of Saturday, Woods’ positive rating online had fallen to just 41 percent.

Video

Tiger Takes Hiatus, pt. 4
Golf pro Tiger Woods is ready to take a break from golf, with CNBC's Darren Rovell & Larry Kudlow and Mike Ganis, Sports Corp Limited President; and Robert Grossman, MediaOne Management Group; Jim Lacamp, Macportfolio.
CNBC

That’s bad news for Accenture. The global consulting and outsourcing firm lauded its connections with Woods in a 2006 news release, saying its “Go on, be a Tiger” mpaign had boosted its image significantly.

“The world associates Tiger with high performance. He embodies the relentless pursuit of perfection,” James E. Murphy, Accenture’s chief marketing and communications officer, was quoted as saying in that release. The company didn’t return requests for comment Saturday.

Gillette, which uses the slogan “The best a man can get,” said it won’t air advertisements featuring Woods or include him in public appearances. Woods was hired by Gillette in 2007 and has been in ads for Gillette Fusion Power razors with titles like “Phenom” and “Champions” with other stars including tennis great Roger Federer and soccer player Thierry Henry.

“This is supporting his desire to step out of the public eye and we’re going to support him by helping him to take a lower profile,” said Damon Jones, a spokesman for Gillette, a unit of Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble.

He wouldn’t say when — or if — the company would resume ads with Woods. Woods hasn’t been seen in a prime-time television commercial since a Gillette spot on Nov. 29, according to research firm Nielsen Co.

No companies have cut ties altogether to Woods in the weeks since his marital troubles came to light, tarnishing the image of a man who spent 13 years in the public eye carefully cultivating a good guy image. But with the 33-year-old’s decision to leave golf — at least temporarily — they’re now forced to consider their future with him.

“They’re going to hedge, they’re going to buy some time to determine whether or not the situation will turn,” said Rick Burton, former chief marketing officer of the United States Olympic Committee and now a sports marketing professor at Syracuse University.

Video

Tiger Woods taking break from golf
Dec. 12: In the wake of a series of public comments by women who claim to have had affairs with him, golf star Tiger Woods referred to “infidelity” on his website and announced that he is taking an “indefinite” leave from the PGA Tour. NBC’s Mark Potter reports.
Today show

Woods’ agent, Mark Steinberg, said Friday it would be “premature and inappropriate” to talk about Woods’ specific business relationships. “Each sponsor has unique considerations and ultimately the decisions they make we would fully understand and accept.”

Woods’ array of endorsements helped him become the first sports star to earn $1 billion, according to Forbes. Michael Jordan, Woods’ closest contemporary, is a distant second at $800 million, amassed during and after an NBA career that spanned nearly 20 years. Basketball star LeBron James has made public his desire to be the next athlete to earn $1 billion. Woods’ time-out could mean more room for James and other athletes to snatch up more endorsements.

Nike Inc. said late Friday it supports his decision. Gatorade, a unit of PepsiCo Inc., said previously it supports Woods and said Saturday it has no updated comment. EA Sports has been selling Tiger Woods video golf games for a decade, and its next edition featuring him comes out in six months, giving it time to see what happens. Watch maker Tag Heuer did not return a call Saturday.

All of these companies are examining their relationships with him, said Jonathan Bernstein, president of Bernstein Crisis Management. He expects they are commissioning research to see how much damage — if any — Woods’ scandal is doing to their brands.

The answer to that may lie in the nature of the product being pitched.

“The ones that would stand to lose the least are sports,” Bernstein said. “The connection with a watch company or a clothing company is much more tenuous and probably more subject to damage than connections to Nike.”

A Wisconsin middle school already has learned Tiger Inc. may not be worth as much as it was a month ago.

Video

Tiger departs with much of golf's appeal
Dec. 11: Bill Wolff, sports columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer, talks with Rachel Maddow about the impact of Tiger Woods' "indefinite break from professional golf" on the sport of golf and its related businesses.
The Rachel Maddow Show

The band at the Clintonville middle school had expected to raise $1,600 from an autographed photo of Woods that was auctioned off Dec. 5. Instead, most of the people just shook their heads as they walked by the picture, which finally sold for $300.

“The faces they were making, saying ’Are you kidding? Why would you do this?”’ said Adam Englebretson, athletic director for the Clintonville district’s high school.

Woods’ earnings prowess also has been cut short. “The sponsors who want to sign him up may be different,” said Larry L. Smith, president of the Institute for Crisis Management. “It may be somebody who wants to market only to men or only to the avid golfer. There may be fewer cross-generational or cross-demographic sponsors.”

Even for Nike, which built its golf business that generates $650 million a year in revenue around Woods, the timing of the scandal couldn’t be worse. “Nike Golf is Tiger Woods,” said Mike Paul, president of MGP & Associates PR. “This is the time of year that they should be selling golf clubs for Christmas.”

Mary Le Beau is among the golfers now reluctant to buy Nike equipment or apparel tied to Tiger. “There’s so many choices that you don’t have to give up any quality to go with your conscience,” said the 52-year-old marketer from Green Bay, Wis.

Others at risk of becoming collateral damage include: the television networks that drove up the bidding to show golf tournaments and other professional golfers who have benefited from the quadrupling of prize money since Woods joined the PGA tour in 1996.

The PGA’s contracts with TV broadcasters NBC and CBS expire in 2012, with negotiations on a new deal likely to begin during the second half of next year.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #179 on: December 13, 2009, 05:32:22 PM »

Niki should stick with Tiger because more men must buy Niki products.

He is depictable (IMO)) for skipping, Sam's, Christening, (two years ago). I really don't care about his wonderings as much as
he skipped his Daughter's Christening.  The Christening was scheculed at the church, the ceremony was  moved to a Gym and he was a no-show.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.