April 18, 2024, 05:31:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Woods gets into a curious accident in front of his house 11/27/09  (Read 65142 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2009, 06:40:35 PM »

Devil Ball outlines how the story became bigger than life.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Tiger-Woods-in-the-news-tabloid-revelations-and?urn=golf,208325

snip

As we wind down from TigerCrashGate -- yes, it's true, we're almost done, at least until he returns to the course -- it's worth taking a look at the way that this story spiraled from one-car hydrant-bump to worldwide scandal, one whose cost will eventually be measured in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

snip

The Tabloids nailed some things and they were off course in other things:

snip...

There were some notable missteps on the tabloids' part. The RadarOnline.com story about Elin Woods moving out proved to be completely groundless, even though many outlets picked it up and ran with it. (We decided not to here because of the flimsiness of the sources.) More significantly, the Life & Style story about two professional golfers calling out Woods turned out to be an utter falsehood; we had decided to mention it here because there was on-the-record attribution, not "unnamed sources." Surely, we figured, no magazine would be foolish enough to print actual names without verifying. Wrong. Lesson learned -- and that's an aspect of this story that deserves further scrutiny.

snip:

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #181 on: December 13, 2009, 06:58:39 PM »

Child services at Tiger Wood's house - report

Article from: Agence France-Presse

Carly Crawford, AFP

December 14, 2009 09:41am

CHILD services officers have reportedly visited the home of Tiger Woods, as another major sponsor pulls the plug on its association with the troubled golfer.

Officials from Florida's Department of Children and Families went to the golfer's home on Saturday, RadarOnline.com reported, citing an unnamed source.

There has been speculation that a domestic incident may have led to Woods' crash early on November 27 when his SUV hit a fire hydrant and a neighbour's tree as he was leaving his home, FoxSports.com reports.

Woods, who admitted his infidelity Friday when he announced he was taking an "indefinite" hiatus from golf, denied those allegations and said his wife Elin Nordegren was courageous in trying to aid him after he was injured.

Divorce lawyers: Tiger Wood's wife set to leave him, Gillette drops ads

"Child abuse, adult investigations in the state of Florida are confidential," agency spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner told the New York Daily News.

# Battle of sexes: Tiger Woods and the gender divide
  # Gallery: Most shocking sex scandals
  # Pictures: Tiger's mistresses
  # Gallery: Famous femmes fatale
  # In pictures: Tiger Woods and wife Elin 

"I'm just not able by law to give confirmation about whether we visited the family and that is in the interest of protecting the child."

Tiger and Elin have been married five years and have a two-year-old daughter Sam and a 10-month-old son Charlie.

Orange County Sheriff Department's deputies accompanied the family agency officials, RadarOnline.com reported.

"Our deputies met with members of the Department of Children and Families," Capt. Angelo Nieves told the website. "But all details are being kept secret."

Another major sponsor of Woods, Accenture, announced today it was ending its six-year ties with the golf star, saying he "is no longer the right representative''.

"For the past six years, Accenture and Tiger Woods have had a very successful sponsorship arrangement and his achievements on the golf course have been a powerful metaphor for business success in Accenture's advertising,'' the Dublin-based technology, management and outsourcing consultancy said in a statement.

"However, given the circumstances of the last two weeks, after careful consideration and analysis, the company has determined that he is no longer the right representative for its advertising. Accenture said that it wishes only the best for Tiger Woods and his family.''

Gillette announced on Saturday it would phase him out of advertisements while he takes a break from golf, calling it a supportive move.

The razor company said: "As Tiger takes a break from the public eye, we will support his desire for privacy by limiting his role in our marketing."

However, Nike and EA Sports, the video game company, are so far standing by the world No 1 and none of his sponsors have permanently ended their relationship with him.

Meanwhile, wife Elin is reported to be having talks with divorce lawyers.

A friend said the Swedish model would play happy families over the festive period for the sake of her children.

They will spend Christmas together in Sweden but separation will follow, she was quoted as saying in weekend reports from London.

The friend added: "Elin will pretend it's the usual family celebration for the children, and then ditch him.

"She won't break it all up right now. But she does need time alone to herself, and a legal separation will happen very quickly.

"She's understandably mad at Tiger, but she's hurting for him too. Her anger is mixed with sadness involving Tiger and his state of mind. But she sees Sweden as a permanent move right now."

Elin has bought a mansion on an island near Stockholm.

"Tiger will have to fly back and forth to see his kids. But they're all used to that," the friend said.

The golf ace's plummeting image took another blow when one of his 12 mistresses alleged he had sex with her in his marital bed on the night his beloved dad died of cancer.

Lingerie model Jamie Jungers, 26, said Woods had been told hours earlier that Earl Woods was "in a bad way". But, after visiting his dad in a hospice, Tiger went home and cheated on Elin with her.

As they lay in bed afterwards, Woods got a call telling him Earl had passed away. Jungers said: "I was beside him wearing nothing but a pair of panties."

Woods Snr, 74, had been described by his son as: "My best friend and greatest role model - an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend."

It also emerged over the weekend that Woods is still in touch with Rachel Uchitel, 34, the first woman linked to him as the scandal broke.

Despite Ms Uchitel allegedly getting a multi-million-dollar payoff from Woods' camp to not speak to the media, she insisted she and Woods were "still together, no matter what". She was reported as saying: "He said we have to wait a couple of weeks before we can meet up again. But I am his number one girl."

But Woods' long-time caddie, New Zealander Steve Williams, is standing by his boss. "I understand he needs a break to sort his personal stuff out. I'll be there for him when he returns to play," he said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26482278-5012980,00.html

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2009, 07:11:06 PM »

I personally do not think that Tiger and Elin will be able to mend their marriage..too much hurt and damage has been caused imo...She needs to move on..hope that this was all worth it to him...He needs to stay single and just be a serial dater, not a husband imo..Elin deserves so much more than a cheating husband...If it was 1 night stand, perhaps they could recover..but it seems to be long term dating and attachments for these women has occurred...from what we are reading...Really sad...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #183 on: December 13, 2009, 07:29:30 PM »

I personally do not think that Tiger and Elin will be able to mend their marriage..too much hurt and damage has been caused imo...She needs to move on..hope that this was all worth it to him...He needs to stay single and just be a serial dater, not a husband imo..Elin deserves so much more than a cheating husband...If it was 1 night stand, perhaps they could recover..but it seems to be long term dating and attachments for these women has occurred...from what we are reading...Really sad...

I hope she get 500 million (if she divorces), he should have supervised visits with the kids, is a winner all right.
Cookie, I would give him a grace period of a year, either he is going to get better or he will get worse.
He stinks, no one has seen him since Thanksgiving, maybe,he pulled his hair out, LOL.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #184 on: December 13, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/category/tiger-woods/

An official from the Florida Department of Children and Families tells TMZ a representative from the Department went to Tiger Woods' home Friday for a "well-being check."

The official says the Department received a complaint -- though we do not know who it was from or the nature of the complaint. The Department then got in touch with the Orange County Sheriff to help get through security at Tiger's gated community.

We're told the visit was not part of an investigation, but rather a routine procedure when a complaint is lodged. The Department not only evaluates the safety of the children but the adults in the house as well.

We do not know who was at the home when the visit took place.

A formal investigation has not been opened -- the case is being evaluated.

More Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods Loses Another Endorsement
Tiger Woods Breaks from Golf, Admits 'Infidelity'
Boxing Day at Tiger Woods' House

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/13/tiger-woods-children-services-department-visit/#ixzz0ZcXs5Bmj

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »

I suppose that they would be remiss if they did not go out and investigate and take a report...they shouldn't be treated any differently than any other family in similar situation imo...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2009, 08:07:41 PM »

Children Services Confirms Visit to Tiger Woods (according to TMZ)

An official from the Florida Department of Children and Families tells TMZ a representative from the Department went to Tiger Woods' home Friday for a "well-being check."

The official says the Department received a complaint -- though we do not know who it was from or the nature of the complaint. The Department then got in touch with the Orange County Sheriff to help get through security at Tiger's gated community.

We're told the visit was not part of an investigation, but rather a routine procedure when a complaint is lodged. The Department not only evaluates the safety of the children but the adults in the house as well.

We do not know who was at the home when the visit took place.

A formal investigation has not been opened -- the case is being evaluated.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/13/tiger-woods-children-services-department-visit/#ixzz0ZcXs5Bmj

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #187 on: December 13, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »

I am sorry about the double post.

Yes, DCF, is obligated to check out every complaint. Do you think it was more for Elin?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: December 13, 2009, 08:52:13 PM »

Yes, DCF, is obligated to check out every complaint. Do you think it was more for Elin?

I don't know what to think...I really really do not know what to think...
What will come out next? sigh...
hopefully it will all die down soon...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #189 on: December 13, 2009, 09:20:45 PM »

I don't know what to think...I really really do not know what to think...
What will come out next? sigh...
hopefully it will all die down soon...

This will die down when that "stinky piece of cheese" faces the people directly, it will then fizzle.

It is the mystery, Cookie, and all the trappings of a Soap Opera. 

The TV Soaps are no longer interesting, (since the Writer's strike) this could be also why the public is clamboring for more.

We don't really want more of Tiger, just mainly people like to solve mysteries, human nature.

This just isn't going away until that Boob comes out of hiding, maybe,he is on that boat?  A clinic?  or with Mama? 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: December 13, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »

Seahorse.....you are cracking me up here...

I have no idea where Tiger is and I don't think that many others know where he is either...Not at the house I would bet...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2009, 01:29:21 AM »

Seahorse.....you are cracking me up here...

I have no idea where Tiger is and I don't think that many others know where he is either...Not at the house I would bet...

Cookie,

I will stop being corny.

Geraldo Rivera's, guest, said that another bundle of Mistresses are to surface soon, (I believe) maybe, six more.

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Reports are Elin will spend Christmas with TW in Sweden and after that gonzo. 

The scandal should fizzle after the Holidays, that will be good.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2009, 01:39:46 AM »

A classy photo of Elin without her Wedding rings.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2770617/Tiger-Woods-wife-Elin-Nordegren-goes-out-without-her-wedding-ring.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2009, 01:57:15 AM »

http://www.inquisitr.com/52072/tiger-woods-latest/

Another day and another dozen of mistresses...

The web-site photo is amusing but not freakish.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2009, 09:17:59 AM »

ha ha! you are a cornball!  don't stop being corny!
I was watching a news show this morning...they were talking about Tiger of course..some don't think that he will bounce back to popularity as fast as some other fallen athletes..
another one mentioned something else that caught my interest..he said that TW is/was missing social skills...he was always surrounded by his father and other adults...caddies, publicist etc... and that got me thinking....did we ever see TW just out having fun with people his own age, even in his teen years...did he ever go on a date without a huge entourage around him? did he ever just get to enjoy being a little boy watching cartoons on a Saturday morning, just being lazy and enjoying being a kid?
With all of his talent and his money etc...there was/is a lot missing in his personal life....like having a life, really...not making excuses for Tiger but just another way of looking at him as a person...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:15 AM »

I think TIGER was aptly named 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »

now his new name is "cheetah"
there is a woman on Today show...stay at home mom with a 7 yr old son..claiming affair and friendship with Tiger for years...she came forward...now is crying cause her son is hearing things?    Yeah, with her face on tv and telling her story her son will be hearing even more! if she really was concerned about her son, keep your mouth shut! no one knew you or about you before today!!  ::MonkeyNoNo::what an idiot..imo of course...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »

now his new name is "cheetah"
there is a woman on Today show...stay at home mom with a 7 yr old son..claiming affair and friendship with Tiger for years...she came forward...now is crying cause her son is hearing things?    Yeah, with her face on tv and telling her story her son will be hearing even more! if she really was concerned about her son, keep your mouth shut! no one knew you or about you before today!!  ::MonkeyNoNo::what an idiot..imo of course...

Cookie,

Yes, I am a cornball:) Cookie forgive me for being O.T. did you make your Banana Pudding? TIA.

LOL! Funny post, TY. Her son is hearing things because she is talking about them? this is getting sillier, not silly enough:)

Tiger earned "30 Million" by the time he was 21 years old, as a child he needed to constantly practice on his swing, so I guess he

couldn't watch Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street or Cartoons (as most of us) his Pop was strict and it paid off.

I lifted a Obit of "Pop" (as Tiger called him) and it is interesting.  I would say Tiger was one lucky guy to have this man as Pop.

This Bio is easier to read on the site.

Bio from http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=14157251

Biography of Earl Dennison Woods, (snip) Birth:  Mar. 5, 1932  Death:  May 3, 2006

He is best remembered as the father and inspiration for professional golfer Tiger Woods; he was instrumental in his son's success by serving as his teacher, coach, and mentor. Born Earl Dennison Woods of mixed Black, Chinese and Native American ancestry in Manhattan, Kansas, he was the youngest and only boy, with three sisters, to a scorekeeper for baseball games.

His father would teach him the game until his death in 1943. When his mother died in 1947, young Earl was raised by his oldest sister, Hattie Belle, for the next seven years. He attended Kansas State University on a baseball scholarship, playing the catcher position, and upon graduation from college in 1953 with a BA in Sociology (and a minor in Psychology), he turned down an offer to join the Kansas City Monarchs of the Negro League to start a career as an Infantry Second Lieutenant in the Army, following his commissioning from ROTC. He would serve two tours in Vietnam during that war, the first tour as a Personnel Officer in an Infantry unit (1967-1968), and the second as part of the Army's new Special Forces (Green Berets) (1972-1973). Early in his military career, he married Barbara Woods Gary; they would have three sons: Kevin, Earl Jr, and Royce. Although he rarely saw his family due to his military duties, they would later claim that they did not feel neglected during their upbringing although his marriage ended in divorce. It was in Thailand that he met his second wife, Kultida "Tida" Punsawad, who was of mixed Thai, Chinese and Dutch ancestry. They would have a son, Eldrick Tiger, born December 30, 1975, who Earl named for his South Vietnamese Army friend, Lieutenant Colonel Vuong Dang "Tiger" Phong. Earl would retire from the Army with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in 1974, settling in Cypress, California, serving in a variety of managerial jobs, including Major Subcontracts Administrator for Brunswick Corporation and materials manager for McDonnell Douglas, finally retiring again in 1988. He considered his most important job was to concentrate on raising his son. Earl would teach Tiger how to play golf from the age of 3, Tiger soon proved to be a golf prodigy. Earl shared many of his teaching techniques and child rearing theories in three books: "Training a Tiger" (1997), "Playing Through: Straight Talk on Hard Work, Big Dreams, and Adventures with Tiger" (1998), and "Start Something: You can Make a Difference" (2000). However, he made it very clear that his purpose was not to raise a good golfer, but to raise a good person. After Tiger won his third Masters, Earl stopped advising him, and began to enjoy his retirement with his wife. A chain smoker, in 1986 Woods had to have heart bypass surgery. In his later years, Woods suffered from diabetes, and in 1998, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Following treatment, it went into remission, only to return in 2004. Despite treatment, it spread into his entire body, and he died at his home in Cypress, California, on May 3, 2006. His hometown of Manhattan, Kansas, named the Earl Woods National Youth Golf Academy in his honor. But Earl Woods' proudest accolade came from Tiger himself, "My dad was my best friend, my mentor and greatest role model." (bio by: Kit and Morgan Benson)

Cause of death: Cancer

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2009, 02:32:02 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/sports/21960156/detail.html

Report: Elin Woods To Leave Tiger In Jan.
News Of The World Says Elin Woods Is Talking With Divorce Lawyers

POSTED: 10:15 am EST December 14, 2009
UPDATED: 10:46 am EST December 14, 2009

According to the tabloid, a close friend of Elin Woods' told the publication that Woods’ wife will try to keep life normal for her children through the holidays before she asks for a trial separation in January.

"In the short term they'll act like any other loving couple. Elin won't break it all up right away. But she does need some time alone to herself and a legal separation will happen very quickly,” Elin Woods' friend told News of the World.

Elin Woods and the couple’s two children, daughter Sam, 2, and son Charlie, 10 months, will reportedly move to a home in Sweden that the golfer’s wife recently bought, according to News of the World.

News of the World also reported that Tiger Woods is still in contact with one of his alleged mistresses, Rachel Uchitel. According to the tabloid, Uchitel told her friends that Woods still wants to continue his relationship with her. Uchitel’s friends also told News of the World that she and Woods participated in threesomes during their relationship.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.