March 28, 2024, 10:53:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiger Woods gets into a curious accident in front of his house 11/27/09  (Read 64979 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: November 29, 2009, 05:26:14 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-bk-tiger-woods-accident,0,1369881.story

Tiger Woods' wife used golf club to free him from SUV

Tiger Woods, 33, was unconscious after he struck a fire hydrant and a neighbor's tree about 2:30 Friday morning.

11:46 AM EST, November 29, 2009

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »

On Wednesday the National Enquirer comes out with a shocking story that Tiger is having an affair with Rachel Uchitel, a NY City party girl.

Early friday morning at 2:25am Tiger gets into a low speed accident leaving his house.  TMZ is reporting that he got into a fight with his wife.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

Posted Nov 28th 2009 8:35PM by TMZ Staff

Tiger Woods did not suffer facial lacerations from a car accident
. They were inflicted by his wife, Elin Nordegren -- according to a conversation Woods had Friday after the accident.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/#ixzz0YI475O2Q
 (snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 05:32:57 PM »

On Sunday, Tiger has refused multiple requests to be interviewed by the investigators and through his new attorney, Mark Nejame, issues a statement:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-tiger-woods-interview-update-911-112909,0,233488.story

OrlandoSentinel.com
Tiger Woods 911 call
Tiger Woods on accident: 'Situation is my fault' ; lawyer Mark NeJame tells police that today's interview is canceled

By Sara K. Clarke and Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

2:42 PM EST, November 29, 2009
clear pixel

For the third day in row, professional golfer Tiger Woods will not be talking to investigators about the early-morning crash that sent him to the hospital.

A spokeswoman for Florida Highway Patrol said the agency was contacted at about 1 p.m. from prominent local attorney Mark NeJame, who said he is now representing Woods. NeJame told FHP that its interview with Woods scheduled for today was canceled.

It's the third day in a row that Woods has declined to talk to investigators. On Friday, Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren Woods, told troopers seeking to interview Woods that he was sleeping. They agreed to return the next day, but that appointment postponed shortly beforehand by Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg of IMG. Troopers were asked to return Sunday, said FHP spokeswoman Sgt. Kim Montes.

Woods is not obligated to speak to investigators; only to provide his drivers license, registration and proof of insurance, Montes said.

FHP also released the 911 call dispatchers received from a neighbor after Woods drove his Cadillac Escalade into a tree.

"My neighbor, he hit the tree," the unidentified caller said. "I see him, and he's laying down."

The caller said he couldn't tell if Woods was breathing. After dispatchers asked the caller if he was near Woods, the caller said "I'm with him right now." When they asked again how he was breathing, the line went dead.

"His phone must have gone out of range," one dispatcher said.

Earlier today Woods broke his public silence about the accident and posted a statement on his website, tigerwoods.com, claiming responsibility for the accident and denouncing rumors that have surfaced about the incident:

"As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I'm pretty sore.

This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.

The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.

This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be. "

Woods, the world's No. 1-ranked golfer, suffered facial cuts when he crashed into a fire hydrant and a neighbor's tree while leaving his mansion in southwest Orange County about 2:25 a.m. Friday, said Windermere police, who initially responded to the call. There has been widespread speculation in the news media and among bloggers on what precipitated the accident, but no official account has emerged.

The 2009 Cadillac Escalade sustained $5,000 to $8,000 in damage to the front right and left, troopers said. The left and right rear side passenger windows were also broken out.

On Friday, Windermere officials said Elin Nordegren Woods told them she had smashed a window of the SUV with a golf club and pulled her husband out. Windermere police said that when they arrived, Woods was lying on the ground, dazed and bleeding from the lips and with blood in his mouth. The crash knocked Woods, 33, unconscious for about six minutes, according to a call report compiled by the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The Sheriff's Office, which does not investigate auto accidents but took the 911 calls, on Saturday issued a statement saying the information released by Windermere "may, in fact, be counterproductive to the ongoing investigation into this incident." Windermere police Chief Daniel Saylor did not return repeated phone calls.

Woods was not given a breath test, nor was his blood or urine tested. Troopers need probable cause that someone is under the influence of alcohol or drugs to demand such tests, and they had none, Montes said. Such probable cause could include finding liquor bottles in a car or smelling alcohol on someone's breath.

Kissimmee defense lawyer Don Waggoner said Saturday that troopers must arrest someone before they test for alcohol or drug intoxication. They cannot draw blood unless they can't get a breath or urine sample, and they can't take those unless they suspect intoxication, he said.

"If there's no reason for them to believe he's under the influence of alcohol, then they have no probable cause," Waggoner said. "People have accidents all the time, and they aren't under the influence of alcohol."

After investigators determine what caused the crash, they could issue a ticket or do nothing at all. Woods was hospitalized for less than 12 hours afterward at Health Central Hospital in Ocoee.

"We consider this a minor crash even though his injuries were serious," Montes said.

The crash has drawn international media attention. Dozens of reporters and several satellite news trucks lined the entrance to the gated Isleworth community, among Central Florida's most exclusive and home to other professional athletes and corporate leaders.

Woods is scheduled to host and play in the Chevron World Challenge starting Thursday in Thousand Oaks, Calif. The tournament benefits his foundation.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 05:35:28 PM »

Mark Nejame.  More notably the attorney for Cindy and George Anthony before resigning and becoming an attorney for Tim Miller and TES for the TES Florida branch.  Mark Nejame, now representing Tiger Woods.

Artists rendition.... 

See SM front page post:
http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/11/29/tiger-woods-cancels-meeting-with-police-for-third-time-but-releases-statement-tiger-hires-atty-mark-nejame/

Tiger Woods cancels Meeting with Police for Third Time, But Releases Statement … Tiger Hires Atty Mark Nejame
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:44:37 PM by klaasend » Logged
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »

RUT-ROH … Tiger Woods SUV Accident Occurred after “Domestic Issue” with Wife Elin Nordegren

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/11/28/rut-roh-tiger-woods-suv-accident-occurred-after-domestic-issue-with-wife-elin-nordegren/

It might be the most reported low speed crash ever … However, this is what happens when one of the most famous athletes in the world creates news during a slow holiday news cycle.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:40:21 PM »

Tiger Woods cancels Meeting with Police for Third Time, But Releases Statement … Tiger Hires Atty Mark Nejame

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/11/29/tiger-woods-cancels-meeting-with-police-for-third-time-but-releases-statement-tiger-hires-atty-mark-nejame/

This is rather interesting, Tiger Woods has hired Attorney Mark Nejame. Yes, the same Mark Nejame who at one time was the attorney for Cindy and George Anthony, the parents of tot mom Casey Anthony who is facing charges for the murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony. My it is a small world after all.

Mark NeJame is about to find out. The world’s No. 1 golfer has hired the high-profile Orlando defense attorney. NeJame will help guide Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren Woods, through a public-relations thicket after the golfer injured himself in car accident outside his home early Friday. The incident has prompted worldwide speculation because of Woods’ stature and the Woods’ silence up to now on the crash.

This is rather interesting as it is being reported that Nejame will be working for both Tiger and Elin Woods to diffuse the PR situation. Woods has no legal obligation to give a statement to police, Tiger has to worry about other things like image and endorsement.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »

I think that his wife heard about the affair and laid into him...If that is the case, she needs to suffer the consequences of domestic violence the same as a man who have to do..while I feel her pain and feel sorry for what she must be going through, violence looks no better on her than it would on a man imo...
I am really disappointed if Tiger did cheat...He has such a nice family and he is was a good role model ....sigh...

another thing, does anyone else feel that if this was one of us that we would not be able to sleep or avoid the police if they came to our homes after something like this happened? nooooooooo....I think that we would be doing a blood or breathalyzer test at the very least...not saying that he was intoxicated but after an accident and at that time of morning.....one could draw some conclusions...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »

I think that his wife heard about the affair and laid into him...If that is the case, she needs to suffer the consequences of domestic violence the same as a man who have to do..while I feel her pain and feel sorry for what she must be going through, violence looks no better on her than it would on a man imo...
I am really disappointed if Tiger did cheat...He has such a nice family and he is was a good role model ....sigh...

another thing, does anyone else feel that if this was one of us that we would not be able to sleep or avoid the police if they came to our homes after something like this happened? nooooooooo....I think that we would be doing a blood or breathalyzer test at the very least...not saying that he was intoxicated but after an accident and at that time of morning.....one could draw some conclusions...

edited to add, such as being arrested or charged with domestic violence, same as a guy would be...imo

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »

Do I feel bad for Tiger Woods?  No.

Do I think he is guilty?  Yes.

Is he a role model?  No.

Society has changed.  Kids today view these over paid athletes, musicians, actors as role models.  They see all this money being thrown around and all the drinking and partying they do and the lifestyles they live that this is what a role model is.

Parents, teachers and hard working people are role models.

This was posted on anothe website:

During the phone conversation on Friday, Tiger told his friend, "I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.'" The person on the other end of the phone asked Tiger what a "Kobe Special" was. The reply -- "A house on a finger."

He still doesn't get it.  Is this a joke to him.  Because he can buy anything does he thinks that will make everything better.

A role model?  I think not

JMO.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 08:22:25 PM »

Is he a role model?  No.

Society has changed.  Kids today view these over paid athletes, musicians, actors as role models.  They see all this money being thrown around and all the drinking and partying they do and the lifestyles they live that this is what a role model is.

This was posted on anothe website:

During the phone conversation on Friday, Tiger told his friend, "I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special.'" The person on the other end of the phone asked Tiger what a "Kobe Special" was. The reply -- "A house on a finger."

He still doesn't get it.  Is this a joke to him.  Because he can buy anything does he thinks that will make everything better.

JMO.

but up until this...has he ever done anything negative that we have heard about? when I said that he has been a role model, he has been one up until now compared with others who have been partying and womanizing, such as the actors and athletes that you also mentioned...We are in agreement for sure that teachers, parents and hard working people are the true role models..but up until now, he has been those things as well... hasn't he or am I naive?
I think that actors/ athletes, models, muscians etc..are way over rated and way way way over paid...and they usually are not the best people or models...but Tiger has not been involved in DUI's, cheating on his wife (till now?) cheating on his taxes or beating his wife that we know of etc......he hasn't behaved horribly before now has he? I don't follow him a lot but I think that he has been a pretty decent guy and has tried to live his life in an ok fashion before this episode....jmo...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 08:42:41 PM »

Is he a role model?  No.

This was posted on another website:

JMO.

but up until this...has he ever done anything negative that we have heard about? when I said that he has been a role model, he has been one up until now compared with others who have been partying and womanizing, such as the actors and athletes that you also mentioned...We are in agreement for sure that teachers, parents and hard working people are the true role models..but up until now, he has been those things as well... hasn't he or am I naive?
I think that actors/ athletes, models, muscians etc..are way over rated and way way way over paid...and they usually are not the best people or models...but Tiger has not been involved in DUI's, cheating on his wife (till now?) cheating on his taxes or beating his wife that we know of etc......he hasn't behaved horribly before now has he? I don't follow him a lot but I think that he has been a pretty decent guy and has tried to live his life in an ok fashion before this episode....jmo...

Cookie, you are correct.  He has been one up until now and he has been pretty decent until now.  But for me personally I don't view him as a role model.

This is just a personal opinion of mine.  I have a problem with todays athletes.  So he falls in that category with me.  I hope he straightens out his problems.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »

snip from above post:

Cookie, you are correct.  He has been one up until now and he has been pretty decent until now.  But for me personally I don't view him as a role model.

This is just a personal opinion of mine.  I have a problem with todays athletes.  So he falls in that category with me.  I hope he straightens out his problems.

I also have a problem with today's athletes....they are so over paid for what they do in my opinion...our gals/guys in the service, our teachers, police persons etc...don't make hardly anything for what they do compared to these athletes and musicians, movie stars etc..they could have such positive and profound leadership of our youth but most don't choose to live their lives in that way...really sad when you think about it...
I too hope that Tiger straightens out his problems and that he and his family work things out....
I don't think that he nor his wife should get any special treatment...they need to be treated like anyone else...no better, no worse...imo...if she did indeed batter him, she needs to answer for that...He will not tell the truth though so she will escape any embarrassment and any arrest...imo...

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 09:01:22 PM »

snip from above post:

I also have a problem with today's athletes....they are so over paid for what they do in my opinion...our gals/guys in the service, our teachers, police persons etc...don't make hardly anything for what they do compared to these athletes and musicians, movie stars etc..they could have such positive and profound leadership of our youth but most don't choose to live their lives in that way...really sad when you think about it...
I too hope that Tiger straightens out his problems and that he and his family work things out....
I don't think that he nor his wife should get any special treatment...they need to be treated like anyone else...no better, no worse...imo...if she did indeed batter him, she needs to answer for that...He will not tell the truth though so she will escape any embarrassment and any arrest...imo...

Seems to be always that way when you have star power and money.

If it were me I would still be in jail.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 09:05:33 PM »

snip from above post:

Seems to be always that way when you have star power and money.

If it were me I would still be in jail.

yeppers...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 09:31:19 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5hm9pN8msjbJwkGNrEWjBK4UqpbmA

Golf superstar's squeaky-clean image takes a beating

By Lee-Anne Goodman (CP) – 4 hours ago

WASHINGTON — The squeaky-clean image of one of America's best-loved athletes has taken a hit following Tiger Woods' mysterious middle-of-the-night car crash, lurid allegations about an extra-marital affair and reports his wife angrily wielded a golf club as her husband fled their home.

No one's saying officially what prompted Woods to speed off in his Cadillac Escalade from his Florida home in the wee hours of the morning on Friday, only to smash into a fire hydrant and a tree.

A statement on Woods' official website Sunday didn't provide much by way of detail.

"This situation is my fault, and it's obviously embarrassing to my family and me," Woods wrote.

"I'm human and I'm not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn't happen again. This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumours that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible."

What's known, according to the official police report, is this: When investigators arrived at the scene in the gated community of Windermere, Fla., after a neighbour called 911, a semi-conscious Woods was lying on the ground bleeding from facial lacerations as his Swedish-born wife, Elin Nordegren, tended to him.

On Sunday, Woods cancelled another meeting with state troopers, the third straight time he's done so.

Nordegren told police she smashed the back passenger seat windows of the SUV to pull her husband out of the vehicle after the crash, which seems a Herculean task given the size of the Escalade and her slight stature.

But unnamed sources told the website TMZ.com that the accident took place after a "domestic issue" in the home. They said Nordegren had scratched Woods' face and had been swinging the golf club in a rage over published allegations that Woods is involved in an extra-marital affair.

Wood disputed that version of events Sunday.

"The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false."

The National Enquirer reported last week that Woods is involved with a New York City nightclub hostess. Rachel Uchitel is best known as the sobbing young woman in an iconic photograph taken on Sept. 11, 2001, as she held up a photo of her missing fiance, who died in the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center.

The tabloid has quoted a friend of Uchitel's as saying she and the golfer are "in love," and Uchitel has acknowledged staying in the same hotel as Woods recently in Melbourne, Australia, where the golfer competed in the Australian Masters. But she denies they are involved, says she was in Australia for business and has vowed to sue the Enquirer for defamation.

There's no question that the saga will become a sensation in the days to come. Uchitel has hired Gloria Allred, a high-profile lawyer who rarely shies away from the media spotlight.

It seems unimaginable that Woods - with his clean-cut image and reputation as one of the most disciplined athletes in professional sport - could inherit golf's bad boy mantle from the troubled John Daly.

Daly has battled alcoholism, has been married four times and struggles with a gambling problem. He recently had gastric bypass surgery and says he's lost 90 pounds. Woods, on the other hand, has a sterling reputation, is one of golf's fittest players and has established numerous youth charities.

But there's no question the Woods story contains all the sordid elements that will keep Americans as transfixed as they always are when a celebrity appears at the brink of a spectacular fall from grace. The story has received worldwide attention, and reporters have been stationed outside Woods' posh gated community, near Orlando, for days.

TMZ, which has been ahead of the pack on the story, says Woods even alluded to another athlete's front-page troubles when he told a friend Nordegren had "gone ghetto" in the aftermath of the National Enquirer story.

TMZ reported Woods told a friend: "I have to run to Zales to get a 'Kobe Special."' When the friend asked what he meant, the world's No. 1 golfer replied: "A house on a finger."

Woods was purportedly referring to Kobe Bryant, the basketball star who bought his wife, Vanessa, a $4 million diamond ring upon when he was acquitted of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old hotel employee in Colorado in 2003.

Bryant insisted their tryst was consensual. But the scandal tarnished his image as his endorsement contracts with McDonald's and Nutella were terminated.

Woods has not won a major this season, and was asked about the state of his marriage earlier this year.

"Everything's been good. It's the same as always. Nothing's changed. It's still the same relationship," he said.

Woods is a 14-time major champion and, according to Forbes magazine, the first athlete to break through the billion-dollar earnings mark. He and Nordegren have been married for five years and have two young children, daughter Sam and son Charlie.

He's scheduled to play his last tournament of the year next week, when he hosts the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Ca. The annual event benefits his charitable foundation.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2009, 12:38:17 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-crash-cops-search-warrant/

Cops Pursue Warrant in Woods Case

Posted Nov 30th 2009 12:05AM by TMZ Staff

Sources tell TMZ the Florida Highway Patrol is now focusing on obtaining a search warrant -- allowing them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated Tiger Woods -- in an attempt to determine if the wounds Woods sustained are consistent with a car accident or domestic violence.

(snipped)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 01:04:51 AM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-accident-wife-elin-no-slouch-at-swinging-club/

TIGER WOODS ACCIDENT: WIFE ELIN NO SLOUCH AT SWINGING CLUB
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/30/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-crash-cops-search-warrant/

Sources tell TMZ the Florida Highway Patrol is now focusing on obtaining a search warrant -- allowing them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated Tiger Woods -- in an attempt to determine if the wounds Woods sustained are consistent with a car accident or domestic violence.

(snipped)

Boy this case is turing into reverse celeb preferential treatment.

If this was not Tiger Woods, does anyone think the police would be going to such ends? For a solo car accident or domestic violence!

How many brutal domestic violence cases just get brushed under the carpet?

Do your report and get on with it. I would tend to think that his MVA insurance would be more concerned seeing if they can get out of paying any claim for crash damage to the Escalade or the busted out window from the "Big Bertha" driver.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 09:55:43 AM »

(snipped)

If this was not Tiger Woods, does anyone think the police would be going to such ends? For a solo car accident or domestic violence!

Do your report and get on with it. I would tend to think that his MVA insurance would be more concerned seeing if they can get out of paying any claim for crash damage to the Escalade or the busted out window from the "Big Bertha" driver.

RED-

I completely agree. No way. A warrant for his injuries from a one car accident on his property where no alcohol was involved?

I'm sorry, I have revered him as an athlete for Y E A R S. He is apparently human and flawed like the rest of us.

That said, and I do not advocate domestic violence in any way, if he is running around on his wife behind her back, I hope she has her own counsel.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »

(snipped)

RED-

I completely agree. No way. A warrant for his injuries from a one car accident on his property where no alcohol was involved?

I'm sorry, I have revered him as an athlete for Y E A R S. He is apparently human and flawed like the rest of us.

That said, and I do not advocate domestic violence in any way, if he is running around on his wife behind her back, I hope she has her own counsel.

I agree...about the auto accident...and about him being human like the rest of us..we all make mistakes...
but the domestic violence if there is any, should be investigated imo.... if it were reversed and she was injured by domestic violence, no difference...she should not be beating him up either...imo....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.