April 19, 2024, 12:24:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 17 yr. old charged with killing 10 yr. old brother Rising Sun, IN  (Read 14713 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:48 AM »

here is another article...same thing but with more details...hope this is not a repeat:
INDIANAPOLIS — Ignoring his younger brother's plea of "Andrew, stop," a 17-year-old who told authorities he identified with a television serial killer strangled the boy, dragged the body to his car and drove to see his girlfriend, an Indiana prosecutor said Thursday.

Andrew Conley of Rising Sun was calm and showed no remorse or emotion as he described strangling 10-year-old Conner Conley as the two wrestled Sunday, a probable cause affidavit said. Conley told investigators he dumped his brother's body near a park in the Ohio River community about 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

"Sometimes people are just evil," Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard said. "This is an evil child."

Prosecutors filed preliminary charges of murder against Conley along with a supporting affidavit Thursday. Conley is being charged as an adult and will appear Friday in court, Negangard said.

Conley's family did not immediately return messages for comment Thursday. Negangard said Conley had an attorney but none was listed in the affidavit.

The teen told investigators he had had fantasies about killing someone since he was in eighth grade, including cutting somebody's throat, and felt "just like" the serial killer Dexter on the Showtime television series of the same name. He said killing his brother satisfied a craving like a hamburger satisfied hunger.

"Like I had to ... like when people have something like they are hungry and there is a hamburger sitting there and they knew they had to have it and I was sitting there and it just happened," Conley told investigators in the affidavit.

The slaying comes six weeks after 15-year-old Alyssa Bustamante told Missouri authorities she strangled, stabbed and cut a 9-year-old neighbor's throat because she wanted to know what it was like to kill someone.

The affidavit in Conley's case described him killing his brother before visiting his girlfriend and other friends. It said:

The two brothers were wrestling while their parents were at work. Conley put Conner in a headlock, causing the younger boy to pass out and fall to the floor. Conley dragged Conner to kitchen, put on a pair of gloves and choked the younger boy for about 20 minutes until he noticed blood flowing from Conner's nose and mouth.
He told investigators the child's last words were "Andrew, stop."

Conley put a plastic bag over his brother's head, secured it with black electrical tape, and dragged the body by its feet down steps to the basement and then from the home to his car. Conley struck Conner's head on the ground several times before putting the body in the trunk of the car.

With the body still in the trunk, Conley drove to his girlfriend's house and gave her a sweetheart ring. She told investigators Conley "seemed happy, more happy than she had seen him in a while."

Negangard said he will consider seeking the maximum prison term of life without parole. Conley's age makes him ineligible for the death penalty.

"I believe Andrew Conley is a dangerous person, and that's why we'll be considering the maximum penalty that we can impose," Negangard said.

Conley also told investigators that on the morning of Conner's death, he stood over his sleeping father with a knife and thought about killing him. Conley went to police Sunday night, admitted killing Conner and told investigators where to find the body.

The teen had no juvenile record and his teachers considered him a good student, Negangard said.

"This kid, Conner, was a good kid, and Andrew was an A and B student," he said. "This comes as a shock to the community."

Conley has been held at the Juvenile Detention Center in Lawrenceburg but was to be moved Thursday night to the Switzerland County Jail in Vevay.

Cookie, thanks for posting this.  OMG, is this becoming an epidemic?  I am horrified at what our children are thinking and doing.  This goes way beyond mischief.  I surely remember getting into some trouble at a teen but never any such thoughts as these kids are having.  I just can't even expound on this any further right now.  I have to go to sleep and clear my head.

I will be out of pocket for a week but will miss my monkey friends.  Hold down the fort and keep up the good investigative work.   

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 08:25:55 AM »

bananas, we will miss you while you are gone..'
don't forget to use Darla's handy dandy tool of clicking on the "new" button on the topic...will take you to where you left off or close to it...has worked for me since she gave us the clue!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »

Teen accused of killing bro was pulled from school

2:25 p.m. Friday, December 4, 2009

INDIANAPOLIS — The parents of an Indiana teen accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother to satisfy a craving to kill pulled the teen out of high school out two weeks before the killing, a school district official said Friday.

Andrew Conley's parents withdrew him from Rising Sun High School on Nov. 16 — 12 days before prosecutors said he strangled his brother Conner, said Stephen Patz, the superintendent of Rising Sun-Ohio County Community Schools.

Patz declined to state the reasons for the withdrawal, but said both Conley brothers were good students.

"Andrew was a good student, he had friends, he didn't have discipline problems. And the same thing for Conner," he said. "I think that's what makes it difficult for the community, the staff, the students, everyone, to try and come to grips with the situation."

Andrew Conley was scheduled to be arraigned later Friday on an adult charge of murder in his brother's death. His attorney, Gary Sorge of Lawrenceburg, declined to comment about the case through his office receptionist.

According to prosecutors, Andrew Conley showed no remorse when he described to investigators how he choked his younger brother, saying he strangled the boy to satisfy a craving like a hungry person eating a hamburger.

He told police his brother's last words were "Andrew, stop," according to a probable cause affidavit. Conley said he dumped the body near a park in the Ohio River community of about 2,500 residents, 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard said Thursday that the nature of the crime shows that "sometimes people are just evil."

"This is an evil child," he said.

Investigators said after he killed his brother, Andrew Conley dragged his body to his car and drove to see his girlfriend, Alexis Murafski. She told investigators Conley gave her a sweetheart ring and "seemed happy, more happy than she had seen him in a while," according to the affidavit.

Murafski's 19-year-old brother, Drew, said Friday that his sister threw the ring into a pond behind their house after she found out about the killing.

"She had been behind him, but when she found out what happened, she said she couldn't keep the ring," Murafski said.

A white cross stood Friday at the site in the park near where the body was found with the messages "In loving memory of" and "classmates of Conner 2009."

Patz said school counselors as well as several ministers are on call at the district's schools to help grieving students, teachers and staff.

Pastor Jim Jenkins of the 75-member First Baptist Church of Rising Sun is among the clergy helping counsel students and staff at the two schools, whom he said have been "greatly affected" by the killing.

"You've got a class of 20 children and all of a sudden one of them is not there and they've been murdered and their face is all over TV and the story is all over the radio. So that's had an impact, more on those in that classroom but also on others," Jenkins said.

The slaying comes weeks after Missouri investigators say a 15-year-old girl, Alyssa Bustamante, told them she strangled, stabbed and cut a 9-year-old neighbor's throat because she wanted to know what it was like to kill someone. A not guilty plea has been entered on her behalf for charges related to the slaying.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/teen-accused-of-killing-226418.html?printArticle=y

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 02:48:33 PM »

A cross in memory of 10-year-old Connor Conley sits inside Rising Sun City Park, Friday, Dec. 4, 2009 in Rising Sun, Ind.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 03:40:21 PM »

May you rest in peace Connor.  You will be in my prayers. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 04:41:41 PM »

Ind. teen pleads not guilty in killing of brother  Rolling Eyes

Updated 4:31 PM Friday, December 4, 2009
RISING SUN, Ind. — A southern Indiana teenager accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother has pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder.

Seventeen-year-old Andrew Conley of Rising Sun is charged as an adult in the death of Conner Conley. He showed no emotion during his brief initial appearance Friday in Ohio Circuit Court.

Attorney Gary Sorge entered the plea on the teen's behalf.

Conner's body was found Sunday near a park in this Ohio River community about 25 miles southwest of Cincinnati, Ohio. Prosecutors say Andrew Conley confessed to killing his brother and told investigators he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in the eighth grade.

The murder charge carries a sentence of 45 to 65 years in prison. Prosecutor Aaron Negangard says he has not decided whether to seek life in prison.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-news/ind-teen-pleads-not-guilty-in-killing-of-brother-433921.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:44:30 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 04:46:50 PM »

WARNING: The details surrounding this case are disturbing.

Teen Charged With Killing Brother Enters Plea

RISING SUN, Ind. -- The 17-year-old boy who told police he killed his 10-year-old brother has pleaded not guilty.

Andrew Conley appeared in an Ohio County courtroom the same day a visitation was held for his brother, Conner. Andrew is charged with murder in the strangulation death of his brother.

Close to 30 classmates and friends were present for the hearing. Several started weeping when Andrew walked into the courtroom. He kept his head down for most of the hearing and did not make eye contact with his friends.

Andrew is being held without bond. He faces 45 to 65 years in prison for the murder charge.

The judge asked Conley if he had any questions. He responded by saying no.

Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard said Thursday that Andrew walked into the Rising Sun Police Department last weekend and told authorities that he had killed his brother.

Police say Andrew placed Conner in a headlock causing him to pass out on the floor. According to court documents, Andrew dragged his brother to the kitchen where proceeded to strangle him for 20 minutes until he died.

Negangard says Andrew then placed a plastic bag over Conner's head, secured it with electrical tape, and dragged him through the house and put him in the trunk of his car. He then drove to his girlfriend's house, gave her a sweetheart ring, and stayed there for several hours.

Prosecutors say Andrew then drove to the park where he placed his brother's body in the field a few hundred yards from the school where Conner was a fifth grader and covered him with vegetation.

His girlfriend told police that Andrew was as happy as she had ever seen him.

An Ohio County Sheriff's Deputy found Conner's body on Sunday night in a wooded area behind Ohio County Elementary Middle School off Shiner Boulevard.

"This was a deliberate murder. The evidence is clear. He spoke with no emotion and no remorse in describing the death of his brother. He indicated that he killed him and strangled him for approximately 20 minutes," Negangard said on Thursday. "Sometimes people are just evil. This is an evil child," he said.

The brother of Andrew's girlfriend says his sister threw the ring into a pond behind their house after she found out about the killing.

Police say Conley showed no emotion during his interview. According to police, when asked why he killed his brother, he said, "Like I had to...like when people have something like they are hungry and there is a hamburger sitting there and they knew they had to have it and I was sitting there and it just happened."

Police say there were other signs of destructive behavior by Conley. He apparently tried to kill his father, who awoke to his son standing over him with a knife Sunday evening. He was also withdrawn from school 12 days before he allegedly killed his brother for cutting himself.

Conley also told police he identifies with the television show serial killer, Dexter.

Andrew is scheduled to return to court on January 22.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/Teen-Charged-With-Killing-Brother-Enters-Plea/osUEGrCKs0eHSkQWz37AwQ.cspx

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »

this kid is a real sicko!
I wonder if he went over to the aunt's house to get Conner with the intent to murder him...was Conner at the aunt's house for his own protection since the parents knew that Andrew was troubled since he had just tried to kill the father with the knife? surely they would not have knowingly left Conner alone with him after that incident.....
has there been any coverage of the parents being in the courtroom? like I said before, Andrew was not in the obit for Conner...maybe they are washing their hands of this bad seed kid.....

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 02:47:26 AM »

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20091204/NEWS0107/312040022/Teen+pleads+not+guilty

video
http://video.ap.org/?f=OHELY&pid=VFpQ6Zkg5z7MH45ONesEsxb2iM4ixaQq

Andrew, who later told police he had fantasized about killing someone with his bare hands since he was in eighth grade, placed his brother in a headlock. Conner lost consciousness and labored to breath. Andrew, who said he related
to the serial killer on the Showtime series “Dexter,” also told police he dragged his brother’s body onto the kitchen
 floor, put on a pair of gloves and choked him for 20 minutes to make sure he was dead.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 07:23:09 AM »

Andrew Conley, 17, is led from an Ohio County courtroom after his hearing, Friday, Dec. 4, 2009 in Rising Sun, Ind. The teenager, accused of strangling his 10-year-old brother and dumping his body in a park, has pleaded not guilty to murder. Prosecutors say Conley confessed to police that he intentionally strangled his brother while they were wrestling at the family home on Sunday. They say Conley told investigators he had dreamed of killing someone since he was in eighth grade. (AP Photo/David Kohl)

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2009, 07:27:44 AM »

Ind. teen charged, his parents grieve slain son

Saturday, December 5, 2009 4:45 AM EST

Showing no emotion and with his parents a few blocks from the courthouse, an Indiana teenager pleaded not guilty to killing his 10-year-old brother. His mother and father were greeting mourners who came to pay respects to their slain younger son.

Andrew Conley, 17, was charged as an adult in Ohio Circuit Court with murdering his brother, Conner Conley, a decision that the boys' parents supported, said Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard. In front of a few of his friends, the teen answered only basic questions during Friday's hearing. His attorney, Gary Sorge, entered a not guilty plea on his behalf, and left the courthouse without talking to reporters.

Nearby, the boys' parents, Shawn and Bridget Conley, greeted a steady stream of friends and well-wishers who came to a viewing of Connor's body at the Markland Funeral Home. The fifth-grader was dressed in a dark suit and lay in an open casket.

The boy's killing has left residents of this small Ohio River town 90 miles southeast of Indianapolis shaken and confused.

According to prosecutors, Andrew Conley, told investigators he strangled Conner while they were wrestling at their home Sunday, then drove his body to a park and dumped it. They say he said he did it to satisfy his craving to kill.

Townspeople described Andrew on Friday as "nice," "normal," and "polite." A relative of the family, Debbie Snyder, said the Conleys were a "strong" and "balanced" family.

And school officials said the brothers were good students and had many friends. Andrew got As and Bs, was a member of the Spanish club and had no record of disciplinary problems.

The Conleys withdrew Andrew from school on Nov. 16, 12 days before Conner's body was found near a city park, Rising Sun-Ohio County Community Schools Superintendent Stephen Patz said Friday. He declined to say why, and the parents have not talked to the media.

Prosecutors, in an affidavit, said Andrew Conley showed no remorse when he entered the police station Sunday and announced that he had killed his brother. They said he described how he choked his younger brother, saying he strangled the boy to satisfy a craving like a hungry person eating a hamburger.

They also said Conley told investigators that killing his brother made him feel like the fictional television serial killer "Dexter," and that he had cut himself in the past.

Dr. Lisa Boesky, a San Diego child psychologist and expert on teen and child behavior, said the boy's alleged self-mutilation indicated he may have been suffering from depression or anxiety, or experiencing overwhelming emotions such as rage.
Boesky said teens who kill nearly always have deep, underlying problems and that it was unlikely the television show influenced Conley's actions.

"It's rarely something that happens overnight," she said. "This is not caused by a television show or a fight with their parents. This is typically indicative of a serious disturbance. And clearly in cases like this, it indicates that something is seriously wrong."

A white cross stood Friday at the site in the park near where Connor's body was found with the messages "In loving memory of" and "classmates of Conner 2009."

Connor's great-uncle, Al Snyder, attended the visitation Friday and described the boy as outgoing, artistic and articulate.

"He could carry on a conversation better than most adults I know," Snyder, 48, of Camden, N.Y., told The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Pastor Jim Jenkins of the First Baptist Church of Rising Sun is among the clergy helping counsel students and staff at the two schools. He said the case has been especially hard on Conner's fifth-grade classmates.

"You've got a class of 20 children and all of a sudden one of them is not there and they've been murdered and their face is all over TV and the story is all over the radio," he said.

Patz, the school superintendent, said it was impossible to make sense of the crime.

"Everyone is just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together and they aren't fitting," Patz said. "They may never fit."
http://www.auburnpub.com/articles/2009/12/05/ap/us/us_indiana_boy_strangled.txt

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2009, 01:18:07 PM »

We have 2 threads on this....I'll have to merge...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2009, 04:27:00 PM »

We have 2 threads on this....I'll have to merge...

I had noticed that Nut...

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 01:55:01 PM »

Police: Ind. teen calmly admitted killing brother

Updated: Sep 15, 2010 1:31 PM EDT
RISING SUN, Ind. (AP) - Police officers say a southern Indiana teenager showed no emotion as he told them how he strangled his 10-year-old brother.

Rising Sun and Ohio County officers took the witness stand Wednesday at the sentencing hearing for 18-year-old Andrew Conley in the small Ohio River town. Conley pleaded guilty Monday to murder in the Nov. 28 death of Conner Conley.

Officers who testified say Conley's mother told him "you killed my son" when she was allowed to see him at the police station. Officers say Conley calmly responded, "I know."

Conley sat silently during the first hours of the hearing, mostly with his head down.

Prosecutors expect testimony to continue until at least Friday. They're seeking a sentence of life without parole.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=13158254

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:53 PM »

What a profound piece of bs
serious disturbance  . . .

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 08:34:31 AM »

I just read this thread. How awful for the parents. This murderer has some sort of serious mental disorder. Did we ever find out why he was pulled out of school? I think the kid is a psychopath - explains the ability to be a top student and his lack of remorse at killing his own brother. Bet the parents were scared of this kid for a long time - but they did nothing about it.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »

As stated in one of the articles above, this behavior did not just start happening over night.  I know it is hard to deal with some issues, but the consequences can be so deadly.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 03:51:36 PM »

Teen who strangled brother gets life in prison
By CHARLES WILSON Associated Press Writer © 2010 The Associated Press
Oct. 15, 2010, 2:22PM

RISING SUN, Ind. — An Indiana teenager who admitted he strangled his 10-year-old brother and told police he identified with a TV serial killer was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole.

Andrew Conley, 18, showed no emotion as a judge sentenced him for the Nov. 28 murder of his brother, Conner.

Judge James Humphrey could have sentenced Conley to life in prison without parole or to a lesser term of 45 to 65 years. But Humphrey said Conner's age outweighed any other factors such as mental illness. Conley could not have faced the death penalty because he was 17 when he killed his brother.

In chilling video played during a five-day sentencing hearing last month, Conley calmly described how he killed Conner while wrestling with the boy at their home in southern Indiana.

The teenager told police he caught his brother in a choke hold as the child who witnesses said had idolized him fought and pleaded for him to stop. Instead, Conley said he choked Conner until he passed out, then dragged the boy into the kitchen, put on gloves and continued strangling him for at least 20 minutes.

He then loaded his brother's body into the trunk of his car and drove to visit his girlfriend before dumping his body under some leaves along a park trail.

Conley told psychologists he had been unable to stop and felt as if he were watching the murder from outside himself. According to testimony by police and others, Conley said he had fantasized about killing people since he was in eighth grade and said he wanted to be like the fictional television serial killer Dexter from the Showtime series with the same name. Conley also claimed that he heard voices.

Three experts who examined Conley said he was severely mentally ill, while a fourth who didn't interview him said he believed Conley showed signs of being a psychopath. None of them believed he hadn't known what he was doing was wrong.

Defense attorneys had argued for leniency, saying Conley was mentally ill and had cooperated with investigators.

But Dearborn-Ohio County Prosecutor Aaron Negangard, quoting Conley's own words to police, argued the teen was a "monster" who should "rot in jail for the rest of his life."

He said Conner Conley's age when he died made the longer sentence appropriate and argued that even a 65-year sentence was too short, since Conley could be released in about 30 years with credit for time served and education while in prison.

Conley expressed remorse for his brother's death during testimony at his sentencing hearing.

"I am very sorry for murdering my little brother and I will never forget how much he meant to me and so many other people," he said. "I still have no idea why this happened, but I really wish I did."

Conley told police he strangled his brother during what started as a wrestling match at their home in the small Ohio River town of Rising Sun. He wasn't eligible for the death penalty because he was 17 when he killed his brother.

Conley told others he had fantasized about killing people since he was in eighth grade and he wanted to be like the fictional TV serial killer Dexter. Defense lawyers said he was mentally ill.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/7249052.html

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

this kid is a real sicko...

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.