April 19, 2014, 10:17:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: MIGRATION IS COMPLETE - ONLY FORUM ISSUE I AM AWARE OF IS AVATARS - YOU MAY NEED TO RE-ADD YOURS
 
   Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayers and Good Thougts needed  (Read 3116 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 501


mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>


« on: July 11, 2006, 07:32:28 AM »

Well here on Sunday Night we as one heck of a storm go thru here

am sad to say that I was in the middel of the storm I had two big (35 foot and up )  pine trees  blow down and a third was broken in two and that one hit my house and went into the roof and punched a hole in it about 4 feet around .
  the big tree that I lost  (was uprooted)  was a very personal thing for me because my mother and Dad
  bought and planted it 27 years ago the day my daugter was born as a tribute to her Birth.
It was close to 45 ft high and the wind just uprooted it and had a man look at it to see if it  could be replanted but he said  too many of the tap roots had been torn out  .
    68 MPH winds at the airport  about a mile away  ?  Tornado ??  well we'll see what they say today
  The main thing is that I and ALL the animals  are safe and sound, cats were scared shitless and all
  came running to me in bed as it went thru  but other then that we are all ok .
   If any one is inclined  any prayers and/ or good thoughts will be appriciated
  Jerry from Ohio
Logged

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Peaches
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 3539


~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~


« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:40:57 AM »

Jerry, I am so sorry to hear about the roof!  Glad you and your animals are safe and sound.  Perhaps it's time to plant a new tree.  Love the rodeo pic!
Logged

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9318



WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 10:33:49 AM »

Jerry, most definately you will be added to my prayers!
Logged

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 9535



« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »

Jerry, I am very sorry about your losses.  I hope you will be reimbursed for your monetary losses through your insurance provider.  I know that does not bring back the trees which were of more sentimental value than money could measure, but I wish for you and yours a great recovery from this.  The weather has certainly been strange and so many lives affected.

Best wishes and prayers for you.

As a southerner, storms are no stranger to me and having grown up in the south, I remember a storm felling a large mulberry tree that came through our living room and missed my grandmother and me by only a few feet and had it not been for my grandfather turning the sofa on its side and advising my grandmother and me to get under it as the storm was approaching, we would have been its victims.  Our house caught fire secondary to the lightning and the tree, but we were spared.

That tree was quite old and like yours it not only provided shade but was a kind of "landmark" at our home as it was a place where grandchildren played after the busy chores of the day were done and one that my grandmother sat under to shock corn and shell peas.

I totally understand the attachment one has with flora and fauna.  I do hope you will replant trees, and rebuild your property and enjoy it for many years to come.  In the meantime, my prayer is you will be able to see your way through this with ease and comfort that you had the tree for so long and its loss is another milestone along the path.
Logged

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 501


mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>


« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 08:09:18 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Jerry, I am so sorry to hear about the roof!  Glad you and your animals are safe and sound.  Perhaps it's time to plant a new tree.  Love the rodeo pic!


 Well TY Peaches  and a new tree is already on order and am just waiting till planting season and it will again not just be a hole in the ground <g>
  and TY for the comment about the Rodeo pic  if I remember right that was a wild ride  heehe  
  Hope all is going well with you also Peaches  <g>
   Jerry from Ohio  Smile
Logged

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 501


mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>


« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 08:11:32 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Jerry, most definately you will be added to my prayers!



  Thanks  so much Mrs Red I know that prayer does help and wat dosent Kill us only makes us stronger .
     Jerry
Logged

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 501


mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>


« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 08:14:58 AM »

Thank you Tyler for the kind words and good thoughts  and yup plans are already bein made for a replanting of another tree and a fix up  <g>
 again TY for your kind words and thoughts
                    Jerry



Quote from: "Tylergal"
Jerry, I am very sorry about your losses.  I hope you will be reimbursed for your monetary losses through your insurance provider.  I know that does not bring back the trees which were of more sentimental value than money could measure, but I wish for you and yours a great recovery from this.  The weather has certainly been strange and so many lives affected.

Best wishes and prayers for you.

As a southerner, storms are no stranger to me and having grown up in the south, I remember a storm felling a large mulberry tree that came through our living room and missed my grandmother and me by only a few feet and had it not been for my grandfather turning the sofa on its side and advising my grandmother and me to get under it as the storm was approaching, we would have been its victims.  Our house caught fire secondary to the lightning and the tree, but we were spared.

That tree was quite old and like yours it not only provided shade but was a kind of "landmark" at our home as it was a place where grandchildren played after the busy chores of the day were done and one that my grandmother sat under to shock corn and shell peas.

I totally understand the attachment one has with flora and fauna.  I do hope you will replant trees, and rebuild your property and enjoy it for many years to come.  In the meantime, my prayer is you will be able to see your way through this with ease and comfort that you had the tree for so long and its loss is another milestone along the path.
Logged

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
flyingmermaid
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 1155



« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 09:31:55 AM »

Well thank heavens that you are OK and all of your sweet pets.

That was a close call Jerry - do be careful!
Logged

Time spent with cats is never wasted. - Colette
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5263


God watch over our children and keep them safe.


« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »

Jerry,  I am in central Ohio and we have been very lucky here.  Lots of rain, but nothing catastrophic.  Where are u located in Ohio?  I pray weather lets up and gives you a break.  And thank God you are ok.  Please get in touch with your fellow Buckeye!  Email me from my profile.
Logged

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
bayougirl
Scared Monkey
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1


« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 11:02:25 AM »

Jerry,
You are certainly in my prayers.  I am on the MS Gulf Coast and we lost our home and all contents in Katrina.  We lived in a two room trailer for almost ten months while we rebuilt our home.  We still feel the pain from our many losses and so many personal momentos.  But, our faith has been strong and we continue to rebuild our lives.  The healing process is slow and it takes a lot of courage, but we are survivors as you are and we go on.  My prayers are with you.
Diane from MS Gulf Coast
Logged
Mere
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 3328



« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 11:11:43 AM »

Jerry....I am happy to see that you and your pets are okay.....I just took down two 70+ pine trees.....dead and too close to the house....it is amazing what wind and weather can do....!
Logged

_
I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 3328



« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 11:15:33 AM »

bayougirl....welcome to scared monkeys.... Good luck with your future and your new home.....
Logged

_
I believe in miracles...!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.
Powered by SMF 1.1.13 | SMF © 2006-2011, Simple Machines LLC
 
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.