March 18, 2024, 10:36:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Gore's Chinese Investments...  (Read 1541 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 01, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »

I have read about Al Gore's investments in the cap & trade markets and how much he will make.

I read a comment on a news article about his investments/board memberships in China.

What investments does Al Gore have in China?

How much does he make on 'free trade'?  Solar panels made in China?  Smart meters?

How many Chinese boards is he a member of?  Somehow, I don't think the Chinese disclose these activities like Americans.

How much does Al Gore have invested in China?

Anyone?

im wondering if al gore is going to make anything out of these meters?, after all he is a director of an electronics company in china, i certainly wouldnt want to bet on it would you?
- finbar saunders, notts & stuff the eu, 01/12/2009 21:10

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232334/Smart-meters-reduce-average-familys-fuel-28-YEAR.html

Does being a board member qualify one as a lobbyist?  As having conflicting interests?  Paying taxes on all that Chinese income?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »

Last year the venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), of which Gore is a partner, invested $75 million in Silver Spring Networks, a small company involved in making "smart grid" technology.

"The deal appeared to pay off in a big way last week," the Telegraph noted, "when the Energy Department announced $3.4 billion in smart grid grants.... Of the total, more than $560 million went to utilities with which Silver Spring has contracts. The move means that venture capital company Kleiner Perkins and its partners, including Mr Gore, could recoup their investment many times over in coming years."

The Guardian, Britain's premier left-wing daily, came out with a similar story on November 3, entitled, "Al Gore's green investments prompt conflict of interest row." The Guardian article reported:

usation that Gore is trapped in a conflict of interest has been raised periodically over the past few years. It is a barb popular among climate change sceptics and rightwing bloggers, as well as Republican politicians. Marsha Blackburn, a congressional representative from Gore's home state of Tennessee, tackled him over the issue in April during a subcommittee debate in Congress on the Obama administration's proposed cap-in-trade system for curbing emissions.

She referred to Gore's partnership of Kleiner Perkins Caufield and Byers, a Californian venture capital firm that has put about $1bn into about 40 companies that will be bidding for contracts under the new system. "Is the legislation we are discussing here today something you are going to benefit personally from?" she asked.

Gore, audibly riled, replied that every penny he made from his investments was put back into his non-profit foundation to spread knowledge about the climate challenge.

Unfortunately, neither the Telegraph nor the Guardian dug deeper into the issue. If they had, they (and more importantly, their readers) would have learned that Gore's Silver Spring deal, huge as it is, is but one of many ethically challenged investments the former Vice President has gotten into.

Huge Profits for the Prophet of Doom
There's a lot of green to be made in being "green." Al Gore knows this full well, having jumped, in a few short years, from bourgeoisie wealthy to near super-rich by riding the politically connected green wave he helped to create. A March 6, 2009 Bloomberg News story reports:
Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore left the White House seven years ago with less than $2 million in assets, including a Virginia home and the family farm in Tennessee. Now he's making enough to put $35 million in hedge funds and other private partnerships.

Any reporter worth his salt would have found some way of asking Mr. Gore to explain the glaring facts that seem to show Gore has it backwards. Which is to say, he is putting his mouth where the money is; he is getting fat devouring government pork from the green feed trough. Gore is the founder and chairman of the non-profit Alliance for Climate Protection, which is heavily funded by Gore and his green profiteer partners. The Alliance has announced that it will be spending $300 million over the next three years on its "We Can Solve It" advertising campaign. Gore is the key front man in this fright-peddling operation to scare up public support for more legislation and regulations that will favor "alternative" technologies in which Gore & Co. are invested.

"There are a bunch of folks that stand to make real money, who have invested a lot in companies that are not worth real money until the agenda that this ad campaign is advocating is achieved."

read more here – http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/2320--carbon-scam-al-gore-profits-and-copenhagen

I wonder where Al gets the seed money from?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.