April 27, 2024, 04:19:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scoop - Gerald Ford Died  (Read 1959 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: December 26, 2006, 11:45:16 PM »

Yes, I just heard it on FOX. 12/26/06 at Eisenhower Medical Center in the Palm Springs area. He turned 93 on June 14. More to come. Please post your thoughts.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 12:23:05 AM »

Prepare for pomp and circumstance. There will be a tasteful hoopla for his funeral. I don't know where that will be. The funeral will be attended by the living Presidents. Jimmy and Roselyn Carter, Bill and Hillary Clinton, GHW and Barbara Bush as well as GW and Laura Bush. I expect to see Tony Blair and other heads of state. I wonder if Putin and King Hussein of Jordan will come. I know that Barack Hussein Obama will be there. Who from Great Britain will attend. Charles and Camilla? My mind is boggled. It also makes me think this funeral would be an ideal place for terrorists to strike, wiping out the heads of most countries.

I just heard there will services in Washington but he will be buried in Michigan.

Oy vey. That's all I have to say.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 05:09:55 PM »

I always liked Gerald Ford, and his wife as well. He seemed to be a decent man, who came into office during a trying time. His pardon of Nixon cost him, but I think it was the right thing to do for the country at the time. We had bigger problems looming.
And I liked Betty Ford's forthright admissions of her breast cancer and substance abuse. It ultimately led to the Betty Ford Center, which has helped a lot of people.
May he rest in peace.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.