March 28, 2024, 03:55:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "...Copenhagen must fail"  (Read 1220 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 03, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »

James Hansen, known as the grandfather of global warming, said the 'cap and trade' system envisaged will not be effective in any case.

He has gone as far as denouncing the UN summit taking place next week in the Danish capital as a farce.

He added: "We are going to have to move beyond fossil fuels at some point. Why continue to stretch it out longer?

Why not let the transition happen naturally?  Why force premature change?  Why not let business/consumer evolution happen naturally? 

In the olden days, the horse and buggy in America, gave way to the automobile, bus, and plane.

Why destroy the auto, bus, plane, and horse?  Should we return to foot travel?

At some point, innovation must occur when we run out of fossil fuels.  How long will that be?  Ten years?  Twenty?  Five hundred?

What's the rush?

read more here - http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/environment/climate-change-expert-copenhagen-must-fail-$1344808.htm

The cap and trade proposed sounds more like a consumer ripoff.  No jobs, no benefits for Americans.  Americans are a SMALL DROP in the GLOBAL cess pool of pollution.

Wall Street and Gore will probably make BILLIONS!!!   

Not much we can do to force others to clean up their act.  WE can and should look into putting Americans first!

I think clean energy is a good goal, but the goal should not be to bankrupt MAIN STREET.  Why isn't Super Obama putting Americans first?

Why does bankrupting Main Street seem to be job one?  The only job of the Obamacrats?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »

Why does Obama want to kick the can of debt and inflation to future generations?

Why does he want to destroy the savings and investments of millions of Americans?  Why does he keep spending?

Who profits from all this spending?  Politicians?  Wealthy global businesses?

Al Gore?

What happened to Main Street?

Who's for the little people on Main Street?

It all seems to be about spending for rich folks pet projects and destroying the future of our children and grandchildren.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.