April 16, 2024, 09:15:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing in Hannibal, Missouri ...Christina Whittaker 11/13/09  (Read 19159 times)
annemarie
Scared Monkey

« on: December 05, 2009, 03:41:33 PM »

Urgent: Missing Persons report issued for Christina WhittakerShare
 Wed at 2:25pm
Was last seen at Rookies Sports Bar in Missouri.

Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Red
Eyes: Brown
Last seen wearing: white T-shirt, pink tank top, jeans and pink and white Nike tennis shoes.

Anyone with information on Whittaker's whereabouts is asked to contact Hannibal police at (573) 221-0987 or online at www.hannibalpd.com.

*********my edit adds date to title
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:44:52 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 08:46:12 PM »

Missing Hannibal woman reportedly seen in Peoria
Posted: Dec 02, 2009 8:12 AM EST

PEORIA, Ill. (WGEM) -- There are new developments in the case of a missing Hannibal woman as the search widens into central Illinois.

The Peoria Journal Star reports police received a tip that 21-year-old Christina Whittaker was seen at Raedene's Country Cafe in Creve Coure around 4 a.m. Monday.

Whittaker disappeared in Hannibal on November 13 after leaving a downtown bar.

Hannibal police have dedicated their entire detective unit to finding Whittaker, who has a small child at home.

She is described as 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds with red hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Hannibal Police Department at (573)221-0987.

http://www.wgem.com/global/story.asp?s=11604962

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:49:03 PM »

Despite doubts, mother continues search for daughter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Dec 02, 2009 @ 10:00 PM
Hannibal, MO — Christina Whittaker’s mother had doubts Wednesday, but any glimmer of hope was better than nothing.

Cindy Young continued the search for her missing 21-year-old daughter, even as authorities said they had no hard evidence to prove a waitress saw Whittaker over the weekend at a restaurant in Creve Coeur, Ill.
“Until I see her with my own two eyes or hear her voice, I’m not going to believe it myself,” Young said.

In an interview Tuesday with the Courier-Post, waitress Beth Taylor said she was “110 percent sure” that she served Whittaker between 4:30 and 5 a.m. Sunday at Raedene’s Country Cafe.
Taylor said Whittaker’s red hair had been darkened, but that her physical features matched a police photo. Other restaurant workers gave similar statements to authorities.

Taylor said Whittaker came in by herself, used a restaurant telephone and left without ordering.

Taylor, who later met with Young and other family members, said she last saw Whittaker walking down the street across from the cafe. Taylor declined to discuss the case Wednesday.

Young said a dog owned by Wesley Neff of Northeast Missouri K9 Search and Rescue may have picked up Whittaker’s scent near the cafe.
Young and others continued making contacts and handing out fliers Wednesday in the Creve Coeur, Peoria and Pekin areas.

Young has consistently said that her daughter rarely was out of contact and did not like being away from her six-month-old daughter.

Whittaker had not renewed a prescription for bi-polar medication since she disappeared after leaving a downtown Hannibal bar alone on Nov. 13.
Young doesn’t believe her daughter would just take off, but admitted “anything’s possible.”

“We don’t know what’s in her head,” she said.
Hannibal police issued a statement Wednesday that the department had “been receiving numerous inquiries regarding” the Courier-Post’s interview with Taylor.

As the newspaper reported Tuesday, Hannibal police had contacted Peoria area authorities early in the investigation after Whittaker’s family said the missing woman might have gone to Central Illinois.
The statement described how Hannibal detectives had contacted “the person who reported seeing” Whittaker, but that “neither the investigation by Peoria area authorities nor that of the Hannibal police detectives had yielded positive results.”

Hannibal investigators “are in daily contact with the family and discuss with them any developments in the case,” according to the statement.
“All leads or information with any potential element of believability are followed up on” but “the fictional and baseless leads and rumors grow exponentially,” police wrote.

The baseless leads “tend to hamper investigations such as this one” as well as adding to the emotional “unrest of the family concerned,” police wrote.

http://www.hannibal.net/news/x1682948485/Despite-doubts-mother-continues-search-for-daughter?view=print

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 05:11:49 PM »

http://findchristina.com/

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »

Still looking for Christina Whittaker
By Chad Douglas
Monday, December 21, 2009 at 5:15 p.m.

It's been five weeks since 21 year old Christina Whittaker went missing in Hannibal.

The day she went missing was November 13th.

Since then her family has had to go through Thanksgiving, and now Christmas is just a few days away.

KHQA visited with Christina's mom, and it's clear it's hard for this family to celebrate any holidays.

There's no Christmas tree in Cindy Young's living room.

"I haven't had the heart to have any part of Christmas," says Young.

But there is what Young calls her Christina tree. This plant that was given to the family. No decorations on the wall, just pictures of Christina at various stages of her life. About the only thing that brings joy into this household is seven month old Alexandria, Christina's daughter.

"At naptime and bedtime, she fusses and cries for her mom. Christina slept with her on her chest since she was two months old. She's used to sleeping with her mommy," says Young.

Bedtime is also hard for Cindy Young. She doesn't sleep in her own bed because that's the last place Christina slept before she disappeared. Young also finds it rough to sleep at night.

"It's hard. Nights are the hardest for me. I lay awake and I cry a lot at nighttime. During the day, I can stay busy. At night the baby goes to sleep and everything runs through your head. You wonder if she's safe, is she okay, is she warm or hungry? Is someone hurting her? It never ends" says Young.

Neither does Young's search for her daughter. The family is all but convinced Whittaker is no longer in Hannibal, because no new information has surfaced in weeks. Some information surfaces in the Peoria area, but nothing concrete has been found.

"You don't just disappear. Somebody knows something. I always think somebody knows, but they are afraid to say anything," says Young.

That's why, once again Young begs anyone with information to come forward. She reminds everyone there are anonymous ways to leave a tip. The Hannibal Police Department has an anonymous tip line, and there is a website www.findchristina.com that accepts anonymous tips.

"We're still praying for a Christmas miracle and hoping she makes it home. I realize there's a chance she won't make it home because I was so positive she'd be here by Thanksgiving. She wasn't, so I gotta be realistic. People tell me I have to have hope, and I do," says Young.

Hope enough that even though she doesn't feel like celebrating Christmas this year, Young tells me whenever Christina comes home, this family will find a tree and fix a big Christmas meal to celebrate, no matter what month it may be.

Young also says she worries Christina's appearance may have changed a lot in five weeks.

She says if she hasn't eaten well, she very well could've lost weight.

Christina Whittaker also suffers from bi-polar disorder, depression, anxiety, and possibly post partum depression, and after five weeks, she's most likely out of her medicine.

If you have any information, call Hannibal Police at 573-221-0987 or visit the department's website at http://www.hannibalpd.com/

You can also log onto www.findchristina.com

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=392961

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 09:09:48 AM »

http://www.whig.com/story/news/Missing-Woman-011510
Hannibal woman has been missing for two months, but mother determined to find her
Published: 1/15/2010 | Updated: 1/15/2010

By RODNEY HART
Herald-Whig Staff Writer

HANNIBAL, Mo. -- Cindy Young refuses to give up hope.

Her daughter, 21-year-old Christina Whittaker, has been missing for two months. Her disappearance sparked national attention and tips she might have been spotted in the Peoria, Ill., area, but the trail has gone cold.

Young thinks her daughter is still alive and wants to come home.

"I have to believe that. If I don't, I'd end up losing my mind," Young said. "I have to stay positive."

Whittaker was last seen in a Hannibal bar the night of Nov. 13. Her family has searched through three states and in the Peoria and Pekin area, following a lead that she may have been spotted in a Creve Couer restaurant in late November Authorities say Whittaker was under the influence of alcohol when she left a Hannibal bar Nov. 13 after being kicked out for harassing other patrons. Young says she has been told her daughter was drinking shots of tequila.

Whittaker apparently asked for a ride home from several people after leaving the bar. Young said her daughter's cell phone was found on the sidewalk near the corner of Seventh and Lyons, not far from the bar on Broadway where she was kicked out.

Cindy Young believes people have information about her daughter's disappearance.

"There's people out there that know stuff," she said. "It's very frustrating. If they saw her that night (Nov. 13), if they have any information, please come forward and contact us or the police."

Young said a benefit is planned and donations are being accepted to hire a private investigator.

Alex Young, Christina's father, is a transporter for an Indiana company. A former carpenter, he is selling his tools to raise money to pay for the private investigator.

The Youngs are offering a $2,000 reward for information leading to her safe return. There is also a Web site with information.

Whittaker, the mother of a 8-month-old child, recently was arrested for driving with a revoked license. She missed a Dec. 18 court appearance. Court records show a warrant was issued for her arrest with a $1,000 cash-only bond.

Young said she and the father of the child, who is not married to Whittaker, are taking care of the infant.

-- rhart@whig.com/221-3370

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 11:17:55 PM »

http://www.hannibal.net/news_local/x1582408454/Benefit-for-Christina-Whittaker-planned-Saturday
Benefit for Christina Whittaker planned Saturday
February 4, 2010

Christina Whittaker
Hannibal, MO —

A benefit to aid in the search and rescue of missing Hannibal woman Christina M. Whittaker will be held Saturday.
   The daylong event will take place at the Shirley Bomar Community Center, 253 Munger Lane.
   A bake sale begins at noon with carryouts of spaghetti and garlic bread with dessert and drink. The spaghetti dinner starts at 5 p.m., with a live auction at 6:30. A silent auction also is planned.
   Whittaker, 21, has been missing since Nov. 13, 2009. She was last seen leaving a downtown bar. A restaurant waitress in Creve Coeur, Ill., reported seeing Whittaker on Nov. 29, but the sighting was not confirmed.
   Whittaker is five feet six inches tall and weighs 130 pounds, with red hair and blue eyes. Her mother, Cindy Young, holds out hope.
   “In my heart, I feel she’s still alive and I feel like we’re going to find her,” Young said Thursday. “All the money we make will go toward that.”
   Tickets are $10. Children ages six and younger get in free.
   A Website has been set up for tips leading to Whittaker’s discovery. It can be found at www.findchristina.com. Tips also can be called in the Hannibal police at (573) 221-0987.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 11:21:02 PM »

http://www.connecttristates.com/news/story.aspx?id=412875
Hasn't given up on Christina coming home
February 7, 2010

HANNIBAL, MO. -- "Our family's not complete," said 21-year-old Christina Whitaker's mom Cindy Young.

It's been three months since 21-year-old Christina Whitaker disappeared. But family members are not ready to throw in the towel yet. They continue to stay optimistic that one day Christina will reunite with her family soon.

"She had never been away from home before. We don't know the exact situation, or what's keeping her from home, but we're just hoping and praying to ger her back," said Young.

"We want her home, it's time," said cousin Courtney Declue.

"We're trying to make it, but we just want her to come home safe. Hopefully this will do it where she can come home safe. We love her and miss her very much," said cousin Robyn Pierce.

To help them get through these long three months, family members have relied on the community. Over the past three weeks, they've received donations for Saturday's benefit to raise money for reward and search and rescue efforts. Christina's family has also relied on their faith.

"All the prayers we've had and I keep thinking the same for her...I think it's what's keeping her going also," Young said.

Young says she hopes to keep Christina's case in the public eye, hoping that it will lead to her whereabouts and hoping one day, she'll make it back home.

"We love her. If she was out there on her own, she knows I love her unconditional, she can come home at anytime, and if someone would be holding her against her will, I forgive em' I just want her home," Young said.

If you'd like to make a donation, the Young's have set up a benefit relief account at the Bank of Hannibal.

You can either mail your donation to the Bank of Hannibal at 3817 McMasters Avenue, Hannibal, MO 63401 or you can just drop it off.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 11:23:05 PM »

http://www.whig.com/story/news/RH-Scoop-Column-022310
Hart column: Missing woman's family disappointed in direction of 'Steve Wilkos Show' appearance
February 23, 2010
In retrospect, Cindy Young regrets appearing on a nationally syndicated talk show.

During Monday's broadcast of "The Steve Wilkos Show," taped about a month ago, Young appeared with her husband, Alex, to talk about the November disappearance of her daughter, Christina Whittaker.

Whittaker vanished after becoming intoxicated and getting kicked out of a bar in Hannibal, Mo. Her family has spent the months since her disappearance searching for her and still believes she's alive.

The Youngs thought they were going to talk about Christina, to make a plea for help in finding her. Perhaps they should have done their homework.

Wilkos is a Jerry Springer protege who apparently has made his name in the talk show world by being confrontational. An alert reader called us Monday morning to tell us The Whitaker taping would be on.

Also appearing on the show was the father of Christina Whittaker's baby daughter, Dustin Johnston, and Christina's boyfriend, Travis Blackwell. They were flown to Connecticut, and given lodging and a modest stipend for expenses, Young said.

Basically Wilkos interviewed each person separately, then brought them all together on the stage at the end. Wilkos pointed out that Blackwell had failed two polygraph tests (administered by the show's own "polygraph expert") when asked if he had anything to do with Christina's murder.

When Blackwell began acting nervously, Wilkos pounced.

Blackwell repeatedly denied having anything to do with the murder. All the while, Wilkos' bodyguards stood in front of a sobbing Alex and Cindy Young and had to physically separate the various parties several times.

"I am so disappointed in them," Cindy Young said Monday afternoon. "We went on the show to get help to find Christy, and all they did was make Travis look like a monster."

With the crowd shouting "Steve, Steve," Wilkos said Blackwell could have been out the night Whittaker disappeared to confront her after she was kicked out of the bar. Wilkos went so far as to suggest Whittaker could have had an accident and hit her head. Blackwell could have panicked and then dumped her body in the Mississippi River, Wilkos said.

"I don't remember that part," Cindy Young says. "I was so upset. They just shock you, you know."

Young says Blackwell took a polygraph test at the Hannibal Police Department after the show and passed. Blackwell comes to her house "every day to check on me," she said.

"I know he would never do anything to hurt her," Young says. "He was here that night Christina disappeared. My son and his girlfriend were right across the hall. He was here."

Young said representatives from the show called and asked if she would come back "after Christina was found."

"I wouldn't hold my breath," she says.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.