April 19, 2024, 07:04:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrap the Global Carbon Market?  (Read 1365 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 07, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »

Andy Atkins, executive director of Friends of the Earth, said: ''As the Copenhagen talks kick off, the pressure is on rich nations to do what's fair and right for the planet and the billions of people that live on it.

''Rich countries must commit to legally-binding targets to slash their emissions, drop their support for a global carbon market and put new public money on the table for developing countries,'' he urged.

''The time for action is now - we need bold and decisive leadership from our leaders so that in two weeks we have a strong, fair agreement to tackle climate change.''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/copenhagen-climate-change-confe/6751514/Copenhagen-climate-summit-talks-kick-off.html

I think climate change has always been part of the Earth's history.  It will continue and there is nothing humans can do to stop it.

All living creatures affect the environment.  Just say no to pollution.

If you dirty the environment clean it up, don't expect other nations to do it for you.

Scout wisdom - leave the campground as clean as or better than when you arrived.

Pack out your trash...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 02:11:33 PM »

The inefficiencies of the hydrocarbon economy will be replaced by clean, cheap renewables; carbon finance trading will be a major industry in the near future. China is charging into renewables as Germany has already, with green jobs the fastest expanding new source of employment. Rather than deny these inexorable processes, we should embrace the opportunity they present if we are not to be left behind.

Carbon finance and the market can help link solutions in the UK to solutions in Africa. For example, growing trees to capture carbon could become a new cash crop for Africa’s farmers if the right framework is agreed in Copenhagen.

Investing in agriculture in Africa, both through government aid and private funds, is critical; it can also be highly profitable. Of all our undelivered development promises, the rich world’s promises on agriculture are especially key.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/copenhagen-climate-change-confe/6753682/Africa-can-and-must-be-part-of-the-solution-to-climate-change.html

China and Germany managed this 'Green Crusade' without a global climate agreement?

How much do I get for the trees in my yard?

Or, will my payments go to acorn?  Washington? 

Will my payments be wasted?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.