April 26, 2024, 06:46:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 445544 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2009, 07:14:31 PM »

JSM, you will not believe the difference in your skin once you quit smoking. I look at least 5 years younger. I was shocked at the difference in mine in just a couple of weeks.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2009, 07:15:17 PM »

my daughter that works for a vet thinks my dd(darlin dog) is allergic to ciggy smoke so I try to not smoke around him..plus when he see's me light up I get that look like.."I can not believe your doing that".. oh by the way JSM Joe will come to despise you getting on the lap top, Cowboy(dd) heads to bed when I get my lappy out or when he wants something he nudges my hand while I am typing.

That's so cute.   
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2009, 07:15:54 PM »

Have you guys (not 2NJ) been smoking the wackie weed here in the JSM thread?

1.  Dugga (IT Admin at SM) is in no way related to Jim Bob Duggar.  Why would you even think they were?  It's like thinking I'm related to Mark Klaas. 

<snipped for space>

That would be me who was smoking the wackie weed earlier.  I've thought Dugga was Jim Bob Duggar for a very long time.   I'm pretty sure someone (who was wrong) told me that a long time ago.

I apologize, JSM & all other monkeys.  I tried to head off what I thought might be a problem, and instead ended up creating a problem.

It's okay    I wonder what Jim Bob Duggar does for a living, it has to be something where he makes pretty good money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bob_Duggar

James Robert "Jim Bob" Duggar (born July 18, 1965), of Springdale, Arkansas, is a former state legislator, who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

He is a real estate agent and owns several commercial properties in his local area.[1][2] He is best known as the father of the Duggar family, which currently includes eighteen children: Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn-Grace. He is married to Michelle Duggar.

On the September 1, 2009, episode of Today, Michelle Duggar announced that she is expecting her 19th child. They have one grandchild, a girl named Mackynzie Renee, who was born to their eldest son Josh and his wife Anna on October 8, 2009.[3] Duggar ran in the Republican Party of Arkansas primary election for the United States Senate in 2002, but lost to Tim Hutchinson.[4]

Duggar sought the Republican nomination to the Arkansas State Senate District 35 seat in Arkansas in 2006,[5] but lost to candidate Bill Pritchard by 200 votes.

What did all of this have to do with CC??

CC was mentioned by Klaas as an example due to a history of posting inappropriately at times.  Those involved today were not called out by name but if you read the last thread you would know.  We are trying to keep things civil.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2009, 07:16:23 PM »

Ok Monkeys I am heading out in the storm it is snowing pretty good here and the winds are a blowin - I have a hair appt at 5:30 - go figure but I am going to have her cut it and I am running after that no blow dry no nothing else.  Have a great evening and I may catch you all later.
Please be safe  an angelic monkey   Trimm, I'm sorry about your DIL and your husband, always seems to be crappy news at Christmas for some reason. I love Cheech and Chong, next time I watch one of their movies, I will think of you 

Speaking of hair...did scarycarrie (sp) get her hair cut?
She did 

Ty Nrcg...when I read scarycarrie post I get so tickled I can just about hear her voice from her typed words..she is a hoot ::DancingSantaMonkey1::I would like to have her as a neighbor, could never be a dull moment. I really wish I had all the monkeys for neighbors 

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »

my daughter that works for a vet thinks my dd(darlin dog) is allergic to ciggy smoke so I try to not smoke around him..plus when he see's me light up I get that look like.."I can not believe your doing that".. oh by the way JSM Joe will come to despise you getting on the lap top, Cowboy(dd) heads to bed when I get my lappy out or when he wants something he nudges my hand while I am typing.

That's so cute.   

Thanks Sassy..thats his cute little face in my avi..he is precious.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2009, 07:20:31 PM »

JSM, you will not believe the difference in your skin once you quit smoking. I look at least 5 years younger. I was shocked at the difference in mine in just a couple of weeks.

Agree.   And your hair will smell good and food will taste better.        
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:13 PM »

Those are all great reasons, besides health reasons to stop.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:23 PM »

Not that there's anything wrong with that, LOL  Monkey Devil!
Did I do something wrong, zoo geeper?

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »

That's so cute.   

Thanks Sassy..thats his cute little face in my avi..he is precious.

Then I picked the right monkey emoticon to put next to my comment.  That dog looks like your doggie.   So cute, yes - he is precious.   
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2009, 07:24:09 PM »

When you are a smoker you don't smell the odor, but once you quit for a while it really stinks. I had to take all of my clothes out of the closet and wash them over to get the stale odor out of them. They were clean but the ciggie odor was still on them.

God Bless!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2009, 07:24:27 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=stats

Top 10 Topics (by Replies)   Top 10 Topics (by Views)

JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD      7864
"WELCOME TO JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #3      5725
JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #2      4245
JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD # 5      4095
JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 6      3986
Football with Frijole      3985
JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #4      3954
PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here      3870
SHANGO/SIMIAN - who are they and what did they know? #1      3825
JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 7

Self Edit

Because the threads are allowed to go on beyond 50/100 plus pages.  Not to mention there are always more fluff comments is a chat room compared to a missing persons thread.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2009, 07:26:53 PM »

Your right about that I remember when I quit I felt so clean..and fresh..and since I started back I am thinking people can smell it on and think I am stinky. I am going to make a commitment to quit!!!I know I can do it!!! The thing that helped me the most was smoking a straw..think it was having that ciggy feeling between my fingers.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2009, 07:28:16 PM »

JSM, I've watched that show a few times and didn't know that.
I'm behind No Rose, I just remember them on 20/20 or something like that. Never watched their show before

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2009, 07:28:45 PM »

My Monkey...... the straws did the trick for me too. That and Extra Fruit Sensation gum. The gum kept me from wanting to eat every 10 minutes.

God Bless!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »

One last thing then I'll leave you to your thread. 

I quit smoking April 30, 2008 and it is the best thing I ever did for myself.  I was one of those people who knew they could never quit.  I'd tried everything.  When it came down to it, it was more a matter of really wanting to.  The patches worked for me, my husband went cold turkey.

I used to use the excuse that the damage was done by now so why quit?  BUT, when you quit you get back so much more lung function it's amazing (for me anyway).  My quality of life is much better and I'm no longer chained to making sure I have a pack (or carton) with me at all times.  I smoked for nearly 40 years and the last 20 years I smoked 2+ packs a day.  I was not a casual smoker.  It's so nice not being addicted.   an angelic monkey

End of public service announcement.   
How long did you wear the patches? I have cut back at home because I go outside and it is freezing, that cuts it down to about three a night. Thanks Klaas, I may try the patches (after Christmas that is).  an angelic monkey

About 3 weeks on the 14mg.  I probably should have started with the 21mg which is stronger but the 14 worked ok.  Then I went on the 7mg for another 2 weeks.  When I was down to my last patch I didn't take off the old and just added a new.  I didn't take off the last patch for a couple of days, LOLOL.  Then I used about 1/4 of a piece of nicotine gum to get me past any rough spots...I'd say another couple weeks of that. 

Keep in mind we were going through having our house torn apart and my husband, I and our 2 dogs were basically living in a 12x10ft room during the day.  I'm surprised we didn't kill each other, LOL.
Thanks Klaas, I think I will try patches, I just have a feeling I will have them all over my body.  Monkey Devil! I'm suprised you didn't kill each other either.

I admire anyone that quits, I did quit for 7yrs...started dating a smoker and you can guess the rest of the story...I was so proud of myself when I quit, I worked at a bank and that was when smoking was banned and the bank sent the smokers to "Smoke Stoppers" if you succeeded in quitting the bank paid for it and if you did not quit the employee had to pay the cost, anyway I took that first drag along with a cool cocktail and handsome man and I was back with my addiction and a lying , cheating man. The story has a sad ending the man died from lung cancer and I still smoke...not a lot but one is to many! We should try to all quit after the new year,I bet we can do it together.

sorry to ramble 

My employers would probably pay for us to quit, insurance won't. Sorry about the cheating lying man. I have known many in my life. We need a fingernail chewing monkey because that is what I will end up doing if I quit

Joe kicked me off the couch last night. I am smoking outside now and it is a pain in the butt  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »

My Monkey...... the straws did the trick for me too. That and Extra Fruit Sensation gum. The gum kept me from wanting to eat every 10 minutes.
also it takes about 7 min to smoke a ciggy..if you have a treadmill or some type of exercise equipment jump on it when that desire hits for 7 min.( note to self to do this when you quit)

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »

Have you guys (not 2NJ) been smoking the wackie weed here in the JSM thread?

1.  Dugga (IT Admin at SM) is in no way related to Jim Bob Duggar.  Why would you even think they were?  It's like thinking I'm related to Mark Klaas. 

<snipped for space>

That would be me who was smoking the wackie weed earlier.  I've thought Dugga was Jim Bob Duggar for a very long time.   I'm pretty sure someone (who was wrong) told me that a long time ago.

I apologize, JSM & all other monkeys.  I tried to head off what I thought might be a problem, and instead ended up creating a problem.

It's okay    I wonder what Jim Bob Duggar does for a living, it has to be something where he makes pretty good money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bob_Duggar

James Robert "Jim Bob" Duggar (born July 18, 1965), of Springdale, Arkansas, is a former state legislator, who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

He is a real estate agent and owns several commercial properties in his local area.[1][2] He is best known as the father of the Duggar family, which currently includes eighteen children: Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn-Grace. He is married to Michelle Duggar.

On the September 1, 2009, episode of Today, Michelle Duggar announced that she is expecting her 19th child. They have one grandchild, a girl named Mackynzie Renee, who was born to their eldest son Josh and his wife Anna on October 8, 2009.[3] Duggar ran in the Republican Party of Arkansas primary election for the United States Senate in 2002, but lost to Tim Hutchinson.[4]

Duggar sought the Republican nomination to the Arkansas State Senate District 35 seat in Arkansas in 2006,[5] but lost to candidate Bill Pritchard by 200 votes.

What did all of this have to do with CC??

CC was mentioned by Klaas as an example due to a history of posting inappropriately at times.  Those involved today were not called out by name but if you read the last thread you would know.  We are trying to keep things civil.
Which is kinda sorta the reason I started a new thread. The speculation was heading down the wrong road...new thread, new topic. Also, someone asked me to start it. I did not know that we are supposed to wait to 200 or 300 or whatever. I thought we were allowed to start new threads.

but mostly, I wanted the Dugga talk to stop. Sorry if I did the wrong thing.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=stats

Top 10 Topics (by Replies)   Top 10 Topics (by Views)

JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD      7864
"WELCOME TO JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #3      5725
JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #2      4245
JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD # 5      4095
JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 6      3986
Football with Frijole      3985
JSM'S BEGGING FOR BANNING THREAD #4      3954
PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here      3870
SHANGO/SIMIAN - who are they and what did they know? #1      3825
JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 7

Self Edit

Because the threads are allowed to go on beyond 50/100 plus pages.  Not to mention there are always more fluff comments is a chat room compared to a missing persons thread.

I just thought it was because I had a big mouth and can never shut up.  Monkey Devil!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »

Tevye - you are fine, you didn't do anything wrong.  I just don't know why anyone would think that Dugga is Jim Bob Duggar.  Like I said, people have asked me if I am Marc Klaas which I think is even more humorous. 

CC was used as an example of someone who pushes the what's appropriate envelope and does it often 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2009, 07:39:17 PM »

Snow Tire/Fake Hair Update:

so, I did get snow tires today. Sam's told me it'd be a 4 hour wait, so I was all set with homework (for the class I hope is canceled tomorrow due to the storm I hope we get!) and errands to run. Also, to get my "lunatic fringe" hair halo trimmed.

Long story very short, they got my car done in 2 hours. I had time to run to my haircut lady, who very nicely and freely trimmed the bangs on this not-really-a-wig thing, and showed me how to put a scarf on it. So, from now on, I'll be saying "Arrrrr Matey!" a lot. Also got some Christmas shopping done. Now good sis is coming out, it'll be another long night of chasing her around.

I am tired, but must stay up and re-watch Prep & Landing on ABC, at about 11:30 my time. Why then? cos that's when it's on in Alaska, and Alaska grandson and I will watch it together over the phone!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.