April 18, 2024, 10:41:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 445010 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1360 on: December 13, 2009, 12:43:36 AM »

Barney was also an alpha and LOVED to show! When he was 12, we took him to the National Specialty in Concord, NH and he got to do one more round as a veteran. I cried all the way through it, knowing it would be his last. His head was up and he pranced around the ring, despite not being shown for 10 years. He just knew there were other dogs there, and he was putting forth his dominent best. Here we are before his turn. I blotted my face out; his is prettier anyway:

He is gorgeous and so are you!  I know the prancing well.  We never showed Max he was meant as a companion for me and the kids as hubby worked away from home a lot  but if there were other dogs around his walk and stance changed. He could howl with the wolves like he was one of them.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1361 on: December 13, 2009, 12:44:35 AM »

Max in his younger years guarding one of the holes he dug.  He was a digger for many years hiding all his stashes of food for later.

Ohhhhhh, that's so typical! They are "puppies" all their life, aren't they? I was just looking for a pic of my blue eyed one, but don't have one saved on this computer. Do you have more of Max?

I have a lot but not scanned in as most are prior to my digital camera.  I will have to make it a project to scan them.

Please share with me when you do! I'd love to see them! I'm in the same situation with my blue-eyed one. I have pics, but it was prior to digital. The only reason I have these is because sleddogs and I got into a discussion one night about his Siberians and I scanned a few in.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1362 on: December 13, 2009, 12:47:38 AM »

This is one of mine.............. his name was Barnaby and yours reminds me of him:

What a beautiful dog.  Yes he reminds me of Max when he was younger. 

I'm so sorry, NR! I know that pain and my heart goes out to you! Many HUGS!!! We have both been blessed to have had such a companion and member of the family!

They are a special breed.  With his steel blue eyes he scared the carp out of many people and yet he was a gentle giant.  He had such a gentle mouth with the kids and loved water.  We were always worried that a hunter would mistake him for a wolf.

I know what you mean! They are just made for kids, aren't they? I'm very serious, NR........... Max is a really beautiful Siberian. Conformationally, his head is perfect! His ears and eyes are too! I'd bet money he had the Karnovanda line in him somewhere, and they were founded on working sled dogs.

He loved pulling a sled but ONLY as lead dog.  He would pull till he dropped if we let him and was so happy doing it.  I still have all his harnesses as not had it in me to do something with them.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1363 on: December 13, 2009, 12:48:02 AM »

Barney was also an alpha and LOVED to show! When he was 12, we took him to the National Specialty in Concord, NH and he got to do one more round as a veteran. I cried all the way through it, knowing it would be his last. His head was up and he pranced around the ring, despite not being shown for 10 years. He just knew there were other dogs there, and he was putting forth his dominent best. Here we are before his turn. I blotted my face out; his is prettier anyway:

He is gorgeous and so are you!  I know the prancing well.  We never showed Max he was meant as a companion for me and the kids as hubby worked away from home a lot  but if there were other dogs around his walk and stance changed. He could howl with the wolves like he was one of them.

That's a real tell tale sign of a lead dog! I had 4 total, but only one natural lead dog: Barney. They're rare to come across and your Max was one, too! We really are blessed to have had the experience! I know you miss him. I still never have snow without thinking of him and how he loved it! I miss the howls and the "talking" too!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1364 on: December 13, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »

Northern Rose & CBB they are both beautiful. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1365 on: December 13, 2009, 12:49:17 AM »

Max in his younger years guarding one of the holes he dug.  He was a digger for many years hiding all his stashes of food for later.

Ohhhhhh, that's so typical! They are "puppies" all their life, aren't they? I was just looking for a pic of my blue eyed one, but don't have one saved on this computer. Do you have more of Max?

I have a lot but not scanned in as most are prior to my digital camera.  I will have to make it a project to scan them.

Please share with me when you do! I'd love to see them! I'm in the same situation with my blue-eyed one. I have pics, but it was prior to digital. The only reason I have these is because sleddogs and I got into a discussion one night about his Siberians and I scanned a few in.

I scanned his younger one after we lost him so he could be on my desktop.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1366 on: December 13, 2009, 12:51:09 AM »

This is one of mine.............. his name was Barnaby and yours reminds me of him:

What a beautiful dog.  Yes he reminds me of Max when he was younger. 

I'm so sorry, NR! I know that pain and my heart goes out to you! Many HUGS!!! We have both been blessed to have had such a companion and member of the family!

They are a special breed.  With his steel blue eyes he scared the carp out of many people and yet he was a gentle giant.  He had such a gentle mouth with the kids and loved water.  We were always worried that a hunter would mistake him for a wolf.

I know what you mean! They are just made for kids, aren't they? I'm very serious, NR........... Max is a really beautiful Siberian. Conformationally, his head is perfect! His ears and eyes are too! I'd bet money he had the Karnovanda line in him somewhere, and they were founded on working sled dogs.

He loved pulling a sled but ONLY as lead dog.  He would pull till he dropped if we let him and was so happy doing it.  I still have all his harnesses as not had it in me to do something with them.

Did you have the nerve to get on the sled? ONCE, I harnessed Barney on a training sled with 5 others (wheels instead of runners) and off we went down the road. He was in the lead. OMG!! It scared me to death! He was in HEAVEN!!  LOL!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1367 on: December 13, 2009, 12:53:38 AM »

That's a real tell tale sign of a lead dog! I had 4 total, but only one natural lead dog: Barney. They're rare to come across and your Max was one, too! We really are blessed to have had the experience! I know you miss him. I still never have snow without thinking of him and how he loved it! I miss the howls and the "talking" too!
Yup he would talk and if he wanted to play he would charge at you , stop right in front of you and kinda go down on his front legs with his butt still up and then look at you and talk.  If you did not "get it" he would run away a short distance, and then come back and do it again until you "got it" .  If you still did not play he would take a hand in his mouth and lead you to a toy.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1368 on: December 13, 2009, 12:53:44 AM »

Hi GE!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1369 on: December 13, 2009, 12:55:35 AM »

Yup he would talk and if he wanted to play he would charge at you , stop right in front of you and kinda go down on his front legs with his butt still up and then look at you and talk.  If you did not "get it" he would run away a short distance, and then come back and do it again until you "got it" .  If you still did not play he would take a hand in his mouth and lead you to a toy.

YES! YES! I know EXACTLY what you're describing!! Awwwww, NR! I miss him so much! Did you get another dog?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1370 on: December 13, 2009, 12:58:07 AM »

First time on a sled I was a moron.  Max knew what to do I did not.  Had the two older boys on the sled as they were little and figured it was a good idea.  I fell off, dogs took off, kids had the best ride of their life.  Big mistake we made was we had a malamute as lead dog as he was a better runner with Max behind him.  Max wanted to get in front and malamute was running for his life.  I got the hang of it after that with lots of practice and patience from Max.  That was the one and only time he was not lead dog.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1371 on: December 13, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »

First time on a sled I was a moron.  Max knew what to do I did not.  Had the two older boys on the sled as they were little and figured it was a good idea.  I fell off, dogs took off, kids had the best ride of their life.  Big mistake we made was we had a malamute as lead dog as he was a better runner with Max behind him.  Max wanted to get in front and malamute was running for his life.  I got the hang of it after that with lots of practice and patience from Max.  That was the one and only time he was not lead dog.

I'm surprised the Malamute survived the ordeal!  I was a real novice and couldn't remember a thing I had taught! Gee? Haw?   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1372 on: December 13, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »

I'm headed out the door. Good night everyone!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1373 on: December 13, 2009, 01:04:17 AM »

YES! YES! I know EXACTLY what you're describing!! Awwwww, NR! I miss him so much! Did you get another dog?

I miss him terribly.  We have a Australian cattle dog that that we got 2 years ago.  Riley who is my velcro dog as he never is more than 10 feet away from me.  He was a rescue dog and we thought there was Shepard in him but there is more ACD than anything else.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1374 on: December 13, 2009, 01:05:11 AM »

I'm headed out the door. Good night everyone!
Good night and god bless!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1375 on: December 13, 2009, 01:08:53 AM »

I miss him terribly.  We have a Australian cattle dog that that we got 2 years ago.  Riley who is my velcro dog as he never is more than 10 feet away from me.  He was a rescue dog and we thought there was Shepard in him but there is more ACD than anything else.

Awwwwww, he looks sweet! Australian Cattle Dogs are supposed to be really loyal to their owners.......... I think? I'm not so familiar with the breed, but he's a real cutie! I'm glad you still have furbabies! I've never been without a dog, and don't trust people who don't like them!   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1376 on: December 13, 2009, 01:09:52 AM »

I'm surprised the Malamute survived the ordeal!  I was a real novice and couldn't remember a thing I had taught! Gee? Haw?   

So were we but most of all I think the Malmute was the most surprised he survived.

We lived in the right part of the north to sled at that time.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1377 on: December 13, 2009, 01:14:04 AM »

ACD's are very loyal and they pick one person, he picked me. He will play and socialize with the rest of the family but needs to know where I am at all times.  I was used to a husky's temperament and nature that when Riley came along I thought he had mental issues.  JSM helped me to understand ACD dogs and all his quirks make sense.  ACD's will kill themselves trying to please the one person they have picked.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #1378 on: December 13, 2009, 01:15:30 AM »

So were we but most of all I think the Malmute was the most surprised he survived.

We lived in the right part of the north to sled at that time.

WOW!! You sure did!   

My blue eyed one's registered name was "Karnovanda's (required if you bought a puppy from that kennel ) Yukon Taku. She never saw that part of the country, but seeing them on a snowy morning frolicking and jumping like deer was a beautiful sight! They stick their nose in a bank and come up with a "snow nose!"    You must have had a blast living there with your Malamute and Siberian!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1379 on: December 13, 2009, 01:15:45 AM »

Thank you GE.  Did you see the note I left about the cracker recipe?  If you make a big cookie pan of them double the butter and sugar so they all get covered in syrup. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.