March 28, 2024, 11:38:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 443550 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1440 on: December 13, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »

I thought Digger caught the squirrel on his own, and they can be pretty fast  He sure looks proud.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1441 on: December 13, 2009, 02:51:53 PM »

Have a nice day everyone!  an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1442 on: December 13, 2009, 03:01:33 PM »

Have a nice day everyone!  an angelic monkey
You too 
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1443 on: December 13, 2009, 03:41:23 PM »

Hi everyone
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1444 on: December 13, 2009, 03:43:53 PM »

Hope everyone is writing down these recipes that are being posted.
I am.   

NorthernROse,I love the avi of Max.  Hello to CBB 

Back to the sidekick now.
I am leaving this for JSM   Monkey Devil! Digger was busy this morning.   
See you monkeys later. 

How does little Digger do it  He is quite the little hunter, and he looks so proud. Have a fun day with your little sidekick. 

His Daddy shoots them and he fetches them.     Then he eats them.   

Oh how special!  LOL

Digger, Digger, Digger!!!

It's nice to see his whole face. I have been working with about 3/4 of his face for so long.

Trimm, my first dog was a doxie as a child. She was black with tan markings. Then we got a long haired red doxie. They certainly are strong-willed and full of personality!

Thanks for posting the photo.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1445 on: December 13, 2009, 04:00:20 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys!

Hope everyone is having a lazy Sunday afternoon. I know I am. Still in PJ"s at 4:00 Pm and slept in til 11:30. Without anything pressing to do today I think I will enjoy.

Thank you guys for all the wonderful recipes. I am for sure going to try the one with the saltines. I love anything with brown sugar and butter.

If anyone has  someone in service I have a great recipe for a nut cake that my grandmother always made. It has been shipped to Japan, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, and all over the world. It contains no milk thus it does not spoil so will last for weeks on end. It is really delicious with coffee or a cold glass of milk.

NRCG- parchment paper would work between the layers of the treats, just make sure they are have set up long enough to not be so gooey.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1446 on: December 13, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »

Good morning NoRose! CBB & Northern, loved your doggie stories, and the awesome pictures! Siberians are one of my favorite breeds.  an angelic monkey

I printed out your dessert recipes and added them to my "Northern cookbook". 

Gizzie that is so funny.  As stated if you make the cracker one change it to 1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar for the syrup: 

cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.  Place a single layer of square salteen crackers (I use Kraft Premium Plus with salt) on the sheet to cover the whole sheet. You may have to creak some of the crackers in half to cover the sheet.  In a saucepan melt  1 cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar until it boils.  boil for 3 mins.  Pour over crackers.  Bake this for 7 min in a 400 degree oven.  Once out of oven immediately sprinkle a bag of semi Sweet chocolate chips on top of crackers.  Let stand so chocolate melts (about 4-5mins) and spread chocolate with a knife over the crackers.  Now sprinkle either chopped nuts, cookie sprinkles, anything like that on top.  Let cool and break into pieces.

You can mix this recipe up by using butterscotch chips and toppings, or white chocolate chips. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1447 on: December 13, 2009, 05:36:42 PM »

Morning Monkeys, I was reading back and love the stories of the puppies CBB and Northern were sharing. Thanks for the pic of your furbaby CBB, she is beautiful.

Okay, gotta get in the shower, get Josef to daycare, go to church and drive what seems to be a hundred miles to go skate. Y'all have a good one and I will see you this evening.

Luv JSM and Josef! 

Hi JSM.  Have fun today but be careful.       
Hey Sassy, I was careful. I had to dodge the ladies doing double lutzes and single axels. I felt so inadequate it almost made me want to quit skating. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1448 on: December 13, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »

Max in his younger years guarding one of the holes he dug.  He was a digger for many years hiding all his stashes of food for later.

NORTHERN ROSE  Max was a beautiful dog.  His face is so pretty.  He looks like a dog in a Jack London novel should look.   It is so sad when we lose our fur babies.  They really are a part of our family.  I am an old lady and have lost a number of dogs in my life, and each was special, each had a different personality, and I loved every one.  My idea of heaven is that all the dogs I ever loved will run to greet me.

Thank you.  I grew up with dogs, German shepherds.  Never can I remember when there was not a dog around.  I know that my dogs are waiting for me to come play some day. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1449 on: December 13, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »

This is going to sound dumb, I'm going to make the saltine cracker treats and if they turn out well I have a few people that I would like to give some to. I bought pretty Christmas tin boxes to put them in. If I put wax paper between the layers, will that prevent them from sticking? I just don't want to give somebody something and all the treats are stuck together. Thanks

Yes wax paper will work.  What a thoughtful idea.  I have some recipes that I make and give out in tins.  If you want I will share them with you.  One is an amazing peanut brittle and another is a crunchy toffee.  You need to have a candy thermometer to do these though. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1450 on: December 13, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »

http://chicagotheaterblog.com/2009/12/11/boy-on-ukelele/
Mental Health Break: Boy on Ukelele channels Jason Mraz   

Tevye!      done.
      ADORABLE. I want to squeeze him he is so cute.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1451 on: December 13, 2009, 05:42:37 PM »

Good morning, hope everyone has a good Sunday  JSM so sorry to hear about your friend, how horrible  an angelic monkey Loved all the dog pictures, beautiful dogs  an angelic monkey
Thanks No Rose, he was more of a friend of my sisters and I went through Jr high and HS with his wife. I think they have little ones. I haven't heard anymore today. Very Sad.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1452 on: December 13, 2009, 05:44:08 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  Wishing everyone a good Sunday - I ended up going to a friends to celebrate her birthday and bake cookies yesterday - arrrrg I have a little headache today us girls seem think we are still 21 sometimes.  You all were busy in here yesterday and last night I sure enjoyed all the recipes and the pictures - so fun.  JSM I am sorry about your friend - very sad.   an angelic monkey
COOKIES? I wasn't invited. Oh well too cold up there.  an angelic monkey for my friend's husband he was only like 41 or 42 years old.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1453 on: December 13, 2009, 05:45:40 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys!

Hope everyone is having a lazy Sunday afternoon. I know I am. Still in PJ"s at 4:00 Pm and slept in til 11:30. Without anything pressing to do today I think I will enjoy.

Thank you guys for all the wonderful recipes. I am for sure going to try the one with the saltines. I love anything with brown sugar and butter.

If anyone has  someone in service I have a great recipe for a nut cake that my grandmother always made. It has been shipped to Japan, Thailand, Saudi Arabia, and all over the world. It contains no milk thus it does not spoil so will last for weeks on end. It is really delicious with coffee or a cold glass of milk.

NRCG- parchment paper would work between the layers of the treats, just make sure they are have set up long enough to not be so gooey.

Thank-you, I hope you enjoyed your evening last night  Nut cake sounds great. I'm making the saltines recipe on Tuesday.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1454 on: December 13, 2009, 05:46:52 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys

Mission I haven't had one of those nights in forever. Sounds like you had fun, sorry about the headache.

Gizzie  I loved your Northern Cook Book

NRCG  Hope you are having a good Sunday. That the rain has let up some for you. an angelic monkey

JSM  Hope you skating goes well. At least it's sunny today.

Everyone else hope Y'all are having a wonderful Sunday. That every body stays safe and warm.
Hey Greeneyes, it was foggy as all get out when I left for church then the sun came out and I forgot my sunglasses. I am whooped, I don't know how I made that drive every day but 20 miles farther north. I guess I was in love. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1455 on: December 13, 2009, 05:47:33 PM »

Max in his younger years guarding one of the holes he dug.  He was a digger for many years hiding all his stashes of food for later.

NORTHERN ROSE  Max was a beautiful dog.  His face is so pretty.  He looks like a dog in a Jack London novel should look.   It is so sad when we lose our fur babies.  They really are a part of our family.  I am an old lady and have lost a number of dogs in my life, and each was special, each had a different personality, and I loved every one.  My idea of heaven is that all the dogs I ever loved will run to greet me.

Thank you.  I grew up with dogs, German shepherds.  Never can I remember when there was not a dog around.  I know that my dogs are waiting for me to come play some day. 
I went shopping and by the Walmart is Pet Smart, they are having a German Shepherd rescue day, and the pups all had red bows on, I had to  pull over, because I started to cry, such beautiful pups.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1456 on: December 13, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »

This is going to sound dumb, I'm going to make the saltine cracker treats and if they turn out well I have a few people that I would like to give some to. I bought pretty Christmas tin boxes to put them in. If I put wax paper between the layers, will that prevent them from sticking? I just don't want to give somebody something and all the treats are stuck together. Thanks

Yes wax paper will work.  What a thoughtful idea.  I have some recipes that I make and give out in tins.  If you want I will share them with you.  One is an amazing peanut brittle and another is a crunchy toffee.  You need to have a candy thermometer to do these though. 
Sounds great. My mom use to make a candy that had corn flakes, dates, and chocolate, and they were so good. Every Christmas she would make that and rum balls.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1457 on: December 13, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!!   

Babybear! I didn't know you were from Pigeon Forge! I'm in Kingsport! Howdy Neighbor! 

I once read a Guidepost Magazine entry about pets that has always stayed with me. A 6 year old boy had fallen out of a tree and was rushed to the hospital, unconscious. The ER docs were ominous about his chances after examination and testing, but rushed him to surgery in an attempt to save his life. The boy's heart stopped during the procedure and the surgeons made valiant, prolonged efforts to revive him, unwilling to give up on a six year old child. Miraculously, he finally responded to their efforts and survived the surgery. His shaken parents were not given much hope, post op, and were told about the "death" incident during surgery.

Hours later, the boy opened his eyes and was able to talk! He insisted he had been with "Rusty", his pet Sheltie, who had died a month earlier from old age, and urgently wanted to tell his parents about it. The Physician had been notified when the boy awoke, and when he got to the room, the boy apologized for "leaving" but explained that it was such a pretty place and when he heard Rusty bark, he just had to go see! He went on to describe raising up above the people over him to a place above the ceiling that was incredibly bright and colorful. He said the flowers were "alive" and that there was a hill with a road that reached over it. As he stood in the field of flowers, Rusty came bounding over the hill and ran toward him, tail wagging. The boy fell to his knees giggling as Rusty licked his face and they played just as they had done all the boy's life.  When Rusty ran to the road and turned to look back at him, they both suddenly knew that it wasn't time for the boy to follow. It wasn't a sad moment, but one full of promise.

As Rusty stood at the crest of the hill, the boy felt his parents call to him, and he didn't remember anything after that until he woke up, with the absolute certainty that he and Rusty would have that reunion again and that they would both run over the hill into the sunshine together and never be separated again.

I believe the Bible's promise that He goes to prepare a place for us. I believe that whatever makes our home in heaven more "heavenly" uniquely for each of us, will be there and that our Creator knows best exactly what that would be. I believe that the little boy's love of Rusty and His Father's love of the little boy will indeed result in the reunion the boy believes.

And I believe I'm going to have a houseful of furbabies, and I even like to think that maybe they're with my family until I get there!   
Oh CBB what a wonderful story. That really brought tears to my eyes. Now I gotta go find a kleenex or Josef will be licking away my tears.  an angelic monkey

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1458 on: December 13, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »

I'm no Betty Crocker either believe me, and those were Pillsbury cut out dough, the cookies turned out, but the decorating did not, when my daughter started laughing and saying the snowmen looked stoned, I knew that I couldn't give those out as gifts  The Amish people would not even want me, I can't sew, cook, bake, nothing, but I still like their simple life.
The Amish wouldn't want me either, I couldn't get on the internet and I have no skills either. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1459 on: December 13, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »

Hope everyone is writing down these recipes that are being posted.
I am.   

NorthernROse,I love the avi of Max.  Hello to CBB 

Back to the sidekick now.
I am leaving this for JSM   Monkey Devil! Digger was busy this morning.   
See you monkeys later. 

OMG is that a squirrel? Please send him my way so he can get the raccoon or possum that keeps walking on my car at night. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.