April 24, 2024, 05:44:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 445356 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »

JSM, that is hard to imagine smoking and skating. All the hard work of skating, and then being short of breath from smoking. But I guess the stress involved especially with competitions. I wonder if a lot of different sports if people smoke a lot also?
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »

Sad thing is I started smoking so I could lose weight. It worked, I went from 185 to 120 in a matter of months. I don't like exercise. It is boring, I can't run because of my knees. When I tried to quit before I would run with Josef three miles a day. Can't do that anymore or I will have to have knee replacements. I did pretty well, but it got cold and I quit running. Plus there was nothing better than running three miles, getting home and smoking a ciggy.  Monkey Devil!
I don't even remember why I started smoking, but I do know I didn't start until I was in my late 20's  Which is strange I suppose.

I was 36 and started when I started the process of divorce, then it ramped up again after Eli was born and passed (which was 6 months ago today ), but I say after news yrs day we ALL try!!!!!!! After reading all the positive comments I'm willing.
OH Sh*T IM, I didn't even realize it was today. I am so sorry. I went to Mass this morning and should have realized the date when I was praying for y'all. I will try to quit if everyone else will.  an angelic monkey I'm sorry I forgot. Hugs JSM

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »

Hi Monkeys, and Monkey Mods! 

RIP Sweet Puppy
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »

Sad thing is I started smoking so I could lose weight. It worked, I went from 185 to 120 in a matter of months. I don't like exercise. It is boring, I can't run because of my knees. When I tried to quit before I would run with Josef three miles a day. Can't do that anymore or I will have to have knee replacements. I did pretty well, but it got cold and I quit running. Plus there was nothing better than running three miles, getting home and smoking a ciggy.  Monkey Devil!
I don't even remember why I started smoking, but I do know I didn't start until I was in my late 20's  Which is strange I suppose.
I was in college and had the freshman 40 which turned to 60 pound gain. My friends told me if I smoked I would lose weight. I didn't smoke that much until I went to work in an office of all smoking women. Then I really started. Lost loads of weight. My skating coach told me before she went to the Olympics her coach put her on a diet of tea, toast and cigarettes, just so her brother could throw her higher in the air. I know LOADS of OLD skaters that smoke. Most of the Russians I have encountered that were skaters/now coaches smoke like chimneys. We are all outside on the porch of the rink, smoking at skate camp. That is where I made lots of friends because we had one thing in common. Not smoking but nicotine. Fabulous! 

Smoking and drinking are a big part of the Russian way of living, but they always looked like they needed a shower to me for some reason

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »

JSM

I wanted to mention to you I have my wireless for my laptop thru Verizon, so I gave up my land line and use a cell number for my wireless which for my cell phone and a wireless card for my lappy it cost 129.00 per month. 
Thanks My monkey. Lord I hope I don't have to pay for wireless. I think I will just trip over the cord.  Monkey Devil!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2009, 08:36:05 PM »

I'll bet there will be no Mr and Mrs Tiger Woods Christmas card this year    Wonder where he has been hiding? I'll bet he is in rehab.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2009, 08:36:20 PM »

I was 36 and started when I started the process of divorce, then it ramped up again after Eli was born and passed (which was 6 months ago today ), but I say after news yrs day we ALL try!!!!!!! After reading all the positive comments I'm willing.
And I have three packs of Commit lozengers ready to go, I bought them, and then didn't stop smoking. I just wish I didn't enjoy it so much.  Am thinking of you and your daughter and family  an angelic monkey I know that Christmas will be hard, but I sure hope you can have an enjoyable Christmas.

Thanks! We are so far

I used the lozenges once before and they did work, my problem is every time I quit something wild happens.......remember just recently my brother was here, got drunk and drove into the house-that didn't help

But he is in rehab now and in 10 days gained 11 lbs and looks 10yrs younger.............hmm, rehab sounds good

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2009, 08:37:04 PM »

I was in college and had the freshman 40 which turned to 60 pound gain. My friends told me if I smoked I would lose weight. I didn't smoke that much until I went to work in an office of all smoking women. Then I really started. Lost loads of weight. My skating coach told me before she went to the Olympics her coach put her on a diet of tea, toast and cigarettes, just so her brother could throw her higher in the air. I know LOADS of OLD skaters that smoke. Most of the Russians I have encountered that were skaters/now coaches smoke like chimneys. We are all outside on the porch of the rink, smoking at skate camp. That is where I made lots of friends because we had one thing in common. Not smoking but nicotine. Fabulous! 

Smoking and drinking are a big part of the Russian way of living, but they always looked like they needed a shower to me for some reason
Maybe from all the smoking and drinking 
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2009, 08:38:49 PM »

OH Sh*T IM, I didn't even realize it was today. I am so sorry. I went to Mass this morning and should have realized the date when I was praying for y'all. I will try to quit if everyone else will.  an angelic monkey I'm sorry I forgot. Hugs JSM

No worries~I wouldn't expect anyone besides us to really remember......you are very sweet!!!!

FYI~my daughter's new BF is russian but he hates smoking and drinking (Thank God)!!!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »

JSM, that is hard to imagine smoking and skating. All the hard work of skating, and then being short of breath from smoking. But I guess the stress involved especially with competitions. I wonder if a lot of different sports if people smoke a lot also?
CHAIN SMOKER He smoked backstage during all competitions. Artur is the greatest smoking skater of all time

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7-lIi2YAJyY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7-lIi2YAJyY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2009, 08:39:31 PM »

Tevye - you are fine, you didn't do anything wrong.  I just don't know why anyone would think that Dugga is Jim Bob Duggar.  Like I said, people have asked me if I am Marc Klaas which I think is even more humorous. 

CC was used as an example of someone who pushes the what's appropriate envelope and does it often 
Klaas, please forgive me for asking this question. But I have a question. Or for any other mods. If Jim Bob is not Dugga, then why could we not talk about a family that puts itself out in the media and limelight? I am just asking because I see no difference in talking about them (now that they are not a monkey) than talking about Tiger Woods, Octomom, or Cindy and George. (C&G were off limits in my book until they started their antics, then all bets were off). 

I was just wondering why this became an issue. I am sorry, but I came in late and wasn't quite sure what was going on. TIA JSM

I don't have a problem with anyone talking about the Duggar family or Tiger Woods or Octomom or any other family that puts themselves in the limelight.  I do know that some people take issue with others trying to suggest that they have had too many children already, but everyone thinks differently on that.  When it comes to the number of children, as long as you can afford them and they are not abused, I don't see a problem with it.  Someone like Octomom does bother me though.

My problem was not with discussing the Duggar family it was in assuming that somehow Dugga was related to the Duggar family (which he is not).
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2009, 08:39:58 PM »

Hi QM

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2009, 08:40:29 PM »

IM Bless you and your family...I can not believe it has been 6mo..I can remember we all were waiting every day for updates on Eli.

I am up for trying...we will encourage JSM so she want be scared of gaining weight, we can always change our name to the "Fat Cats" instead of SM.

Thanks.......I know it's hard for me to even believe.

I say we all go for it on new yrs

[
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »

The Tiger Woods Family Christmas Portrait

Ouch!!

I bet old Tiger wishes he was as happy as he looks in this pic...I think his whole world changed in the blink of a cocktail waitress.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2009, 08:41:28 PM »

HI QM. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2009, 08:42:54 PM »

Tevye - you are fine, you didn't do anything wrong.  I just don't know why anyone would think that Dugga is Jim Bob Duggar.  Like I said, people have asked me if I am Marc Klaas which I think is even more humorous. 

CC was used as an example of someone who pushes the what's appropriate envelope and does it often 
Klaas, please forgive me for asking this question. But I have a question. Or for any other mods. If Jim Bob is not Dugga, then why could we not talk about a family that puts itself out in the media and limelight? I am just asking because I see no difference in talking about them (now that they are not a monkey) than talking about Tiger Woods, Octomom, or Cindy and George. (C&G were off limits in my book until they started their antics, then all bets were off). 

I was just wondering why this became an issue. I am sorry, but I came in late and wasn't quite sure what was going on. TIA JSM

I don't have a problem with anyone talking about the Duggar family or Tiger Woods or Octomom or any other family that puts themselves in the limelight.  I do know that some people take issue with others trying to suggest that they have had too many children already, but everyone thinks differently on that.  When it comes to the number of children, as long as you can afford them and they are not abused, I don't see a problem with it.  Someone like Octomom does bother me though.

My problem was not with discussing the Duggar family it was in assuming that somehow Dugga was related to the Duggar family (which he is not).

Which only one person said it was.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2009, 08:43:03 PM »

LOL~I remember thinking in the beginning that you were married to Red........crazy ideas we get in our heads.

Octomom bugs the chit out of me too!

[
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2009, 08:44:35 PM »

Silence!

RIP Sweet Puppy
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2009, 08:45:33 PM »

IM Bless you and your family...I can not believe it has been 6mo..I can remember we all were waiting every day for updates on Eli.

I am up for trying...we will encourage JSM so she want be scared of gaining weight, we can always change our name to the "Fat Cats" instead of SM.

Thanks.......I know it's hard for me to even believe.

I say we all go for it on new yrs

There is a thread already started for quitting...and it is always easier when its a joint team effort.

I will go for it!

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2009, 08:45:52 PM »

Hey Fanny Mae! Hi JSM! 

RIP Sweet Puppy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.