April 19, 2024, 04:15:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 445033 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2820 on: December 17, 2009, 07:51:42 PM »

Judge Strickland has denied Baez' motion to stop videotaping his visits with Casey. 

Hooray!

Thanks, no rose!

Just got back from shopping, I think I am in one piece, and this is great news!
  If you got back from shopping and Walmart in one piece during Christmas shopping, that is a miracle to celebrate 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2821 on: December 17, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »

short story..
I went thru McDonalds today(only time I do that is when I travel,I am not a mickey d fan) so I go thru the drive in and ordered a .....Chicken sandwich no lettuce no tomato, I also would  like a dollar menu chicken sandwich but no bun please...the attendant said "NO BUN" very loudly...I said yes no bun I am going to give the chicken patty to my dog   (thats eagerly waiting in his seat belt in the passenger side) the attendent then ask me "does the dog want lettuce and tomato"? 

LOL!!!

That's funny.

And gives me hope. Even people working at McDonald's have a sense of humour!

Very funny. Read that to my husband, and we laughed out loud over that!
You are kinder then me, I didn't look at it as a sense of humor, I looked at it as being dumb 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #2822 on: December 17, 2009, 07:55:15 PM »

Sorry I forgot to say Good Evening to the monkeys. This has been one H*LL of a day. As I Josef and I were walking out the door, I smelled smoke (fire, not cigarette smoke) so I looked out both sides of the breezeway and it looked smoky by the creek. I thought maybe a car caught on fire on the highway and they put it out. So we go down another flight of stairs and in front of my neighbor's door is a paper sack with burning embers and the sack was on fire. I knocked on her door and she opened it and smoke is pouring out of her apartment. The dumbazz (love her to death) had cleaned her fireplace before she went to bed and put burning embers in the papersack and left it by the front door. It smoldered all night, there was a square of carpet in front of her door that was burnt to the plywood. Her smoke alarm didn't go off. Thank God she woke up to find it, if not we would have all burned up. So then I am freaking, what if she didn't get it put out, etc. I run back upstairs grab my skates and put them in the trunk of my car just in case. Forgot the laptop though.

Then I had to type a full weeks worth of cardiology scans, start on payroll due tomorrow because of the holiday and run back and forth because the person that should do it is afraid of the doctor that reads them. (his bark is worse than his bite, I have him wrapped around my finger) 

So that is how my day went, sorry I didn't get to linger in the cage as usual and starting tomorrow until Christmas eve I probably won't be on as much either because another person is on vacation.

I still don't know when I am going to do Christmas shopping and Josef gets boarded Christmas Eve morning because of a $50 extra charge if I take him Christmas Day. I haven't been without him on Christmas Eve since I have had him. 

Sorry I am rambling, but I just wanted to tell you monkeys I have missed y'all today and hope all is going well. I have a feeling I will be retiring for the evening come about 7 pm. My brain is fried today.

Oh what a day, JSM.

So glad your neighbor did not have a worse ending!

And boarding Josef an extra day for a less expensive rate is kinda weird of your boarders, but my hubby said that maybe it's because they'd have to have someone available to check dogs in, etc. on Christmas, and who wants to work on Christmas. I am sure you will miss Josef.

If it makes you feel any better, my afternoon stunk. Had to go to WalMart and the grocery, went out with son, got in car. Dead battery! Hubby came home within an hour or so and jumped it, and it is running fine now. But that WalMart was a zoo. Could not walk 2 feet without someone blocking your path. Grocery store had only 2 lines open, a quick check out aisle and a normal one, and we are expecting snow tomorrow, so everyone was out buying milk and bread!

So, you were not entirely alone with the bad day.

LOL
Sorry about your bad day Brandi, I hate that your battery was dead. Is it because of the cold? I hate shopping, When we have bad weather I order pizza, make sure I have ML and ciggies, then just in case Duraflame logs if the power goes out.

Your husband is right, the PetLodge is "closed" on Christmas day sort of, they have staff to take care of the animals, but they charge extra because they have to be checked in by the vet staff up front. I don't think they would waive the fee even for Josef if I took him Christmas day. So, he will go Christmas eve morning and I will be sad and miss him terribly. Oh well, that way I can get to 5 o'clock Mass early and not have to stand throughout. Plus I know he will be in good hands and he will get extra treats while I am away and my brothers dogs will be there too.

I hope y'all don't get horrible weather tonight. Weathermen are usually wrong! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2823 on: December 17, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »

Sorry I forgot to say Good Evening to the monkeys. This has been one H*LL of a day. As I Josef and I were walking out the door, I smelled smoke (fire, not cigarette smoke) so I looked out both sides of the breezeway and it looked smoky by the creek. I thought maybe a car caught on fire on the highway and they put it out. So we go down another flight of stairs and in front of my neighbor's door is a paper sack with burning embers and the sack was on fire. I knocked on her door and she opened it and smoke is pouring out of her apartment. The dumbazz (love her to death) had cleaned her fireplace before she went to bed and put burning embers in the papersack and left it by the front door. It smoldered all night, there was a square of carpet in front of her door that was burnt to the plywood. Her smoke alarm didn't go off. Thank God she woke up to find it, if not we would have all burned up. So then I am freaking, what if she didn't get it put out, etc. I run back upstairs grab my skates and put them in the trunk of my car just in case. Forgot the laptop though.

Then I had to type a full weeks worth of cardiology scans, start on payroll due tomorrow because of the holiday and run back and forth because the person that should do it is afraid of the doctor that reads them. (his bark is worse than his bite, I have him wrapped around my finger) 

So that is how my day went, sorry I didn't get to linger in the cage as usual and starting tomorrow until Christmas eve I probably won't be on as much either because another person is on vacation.

I still don't know when I am going to do Christmas shopping and Josef gets boarded Christmas Eve morning because of a $50 extra charge if I take him Christmas Day. I haven't been without him on Christmas Eve since I have had him. 

Sorry I am rambling, but I just wanted to tell you monkeys I have missed y'all today and hope all is going well. I have a feeling I will be retiring for the evening come about 7 pm. My brain is fried today.

Oh what a day, JSM.

And boarding Josef an extra day for a less expensive rate is kinda weird of your boarders, but my hubby said that maybe it's because they'd have to have someone available to check dogs in, etc. on Christmas, and who wants to work on Christmas. I am sure you will miss Josef.

If it makes you feel any better, my afternoon stunk. Had to go to WalMart and the grocery, went out with son, got in car. Dead battery! Hubby came home within an hour or so and jumped it, and it is running fine now. But that WalMart was a zoo. Could not walk 2 feet without someone blocking your path. Grocery store had only 2 lines open, a quick check out aisle and a normal one, and we are expecting snow tomorrow, so everyone was out buying milk and bread!

LOL
Sorry about your bad day Brandi, I hate that your battery was dead. Is it because of the cold? I hate shopping, When we have bad weather I order pizza, make sure I have ML and ciggies, then just in case Duraflame logs if the power goes out.

Your husband is right, the PetLodge is "closed" on Christmas day sort of, they have staff to take care of the animals, but they charge extra because they have to be checked in by the vet staff up front. I don't think they would waive the fee even for Josef if I took him Christmas day. So, he will go Christmas eve morning and I will be sad and miss him terribly. Oh well, that way I can get to 5 o'clock Mass early and not have to stand throughout. Plus I know he will be in good hands and he will get extra treats while I am away and my brothers dogs will be there too.

Well, depending on which meteorologist you listen to, we are going to either get 2-4 inches of snow starting late tomorrow afternoon or 12-14 inches! And in central VA ... that is a LOT of snow. I'd welcome it, personally, but son has a trip to the beach planned to visit friends and planned to leave Sat. He will be really disappointed if his ride decides not to go because of the weather.

And about the shopping trip I made today, I had put it off since lat Friday. LOL We really, really needed food. So I braved it and went. Glad it is over and I am home, where I can relax!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2824 on: December 17, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »

Relax tonight Brandi, and hopefully only 2-4 inches, not 12-14 inches, that is a huge discrepancy. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2825 on: December 17, 2009, 08:22:07 PM »

Relax tonight Brandi, and hopefully only 2-4 inches, not 12-14 inches, that is a huge discrepancy. 

It sure is!

And then some say there will be sleet also.

Well, I don't have to go out, but could if needed, since I have 4-wheel drive in my Mountaineer. Actually, they call it all-wheel drive because it is always 4-wheel drive. Never actually had the opportunity to test it on snow/ice yet. But good to know I could go out if needed.

Battery is less than a year old, too. Hubby thinks maybe a car door or something was not entirely closed and ran the battery down. That and it has been in the 20's here at night lately. Dunno. But it started quickly when he jumped it this afternoon.

Oh the joys of owning an automobile. LOL

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2826 on: December 17, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »

an angelic monkey Sorry for your bad day, we have missed you. I'm so glad there wasn't a fire  but who in the world puts burning embers in a paper sack? 
IDK No Rose why she did it. I rarely use my fireplace, and I will be d*mned if I am going to clean it out in the middle of the night/end of the evening then put it in a paper sack.  It also has to be very, very cold for me to use it because I hate cleaning it out and don't like the smell of burnt wood. That is why I use fake logs, she has a whole cord of wood on her balcony. I may use 3 duraflames each winter. I am a freak about fires, and that is one of the main reasons Josef goes to school during the week because I am afraid if the apartment caught fire, he wouldn't be saved. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2827 on: December 17, 2009, 08:26:02 PM »

It sure is!

Well, I don't have to go out, but could if needed, since I have 4-wheel drive in my Mountaineer. Actually, they call it all-wheel drive because it is always 4-wheel drive. Never actually had the opportunity to test it on snow/ice yet. But good to know I could go out if needed.

Battery is less than a year old, too. Hubby thinks maybe a car door or something was not entirely closed and ran the battery down. That and it has been in the 20's here at night lately. Dunno. But it started quickly when he jumped it this afternoon.

Never a dull moment. Sleet, that is never fun to drive in. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2828 on: December 17, 2009, 08:28:58 PM »

I'm scared just thinking about fires  I never use my fireplace, one, I don't want to clean it, and two, when it does get cold here I just run the furnace for about 15 minutes, and then I'm wild that it is too hot in the house. I would much rather be cold then hot any day. Most people should know not to put burning embers in a paper sack, thank God nothing bad happened.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2829 on: December 17, 2009, 08:30:27 PM »

Oh what a day, JSM.

LOL

Well, depending on which meteorologist you listen to, we are going to either get 2-4 inches of snow starting late tomorrow afternoon or 12-14 inches! And in central VA ... that is a LOT of snow. I'd welcome it, personally, but son has a trip to the beach planned to visit friends and planned to leave Sat. He will be really disappointed if his ride decides not to go because of the weather.

And about the shopping trip I made today, I had put it off since lat Friday. LOL We really, really needed food. So I braved it and went. Glad it is over and I am home, where I can relax!
I never believe when they say we are going to get sleet, but I go to the store just in case. Plus they are usually wrong and nothing ever happens and if it does it melts when the sun comes up. I hope your son gets to go on his trip to the beach and I hope it is warm enough for the beach.  an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2830 on: December 17, 2009, 08:30:52 PM »

This one's for Muffy:   Or, maybe it is Muffy?

Thank you QM    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2831 on: December 17, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »

No Rose, Zoe looks just like Josef in your avatar when he wants a belly rub. It is adorable.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2832 on: December 17, 2009, 08:32:46 PM »

No Rose, Zoe looks just like Josef in your avatar when he wants a belly rub. It is adorable.
Thanks, I just changed it, and then I didn't recognize my avi 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2833 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:23 PM »

It sure is!

I hope if you have bad weather you have snow no sleet. It never fails when there is bad weather, something happens to my car. But that is what I get for being cheap and driving a hooptie.  I'm glad it started right up.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2834 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:52 PM »

I wish they could bend the rules for you and let Josef come in Christmas morning  an angelic monkey but I suppose if they do that, then they have to do it for others. But 50 dollars more 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2835 on: December 17, 2009, 08:36:31 PM »

I'm scared just thinking about fires  I never use my fireplace, one, I don't want to clean it, and two, when it does get cold here I just run the furnace for about 15 minutes, and then I'm wild that it is too hot in the house. I would much rather be cold then hot any day. Most people should know not to put burning embers in a paper sack, thank God nothing bad happened.
I'm with you, I don't want to clean it. If I am that cold I will plug in the space heater. But I also get hot as heck during the night so I usually wake up freezing cold because the furnace is turned down to 50. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2836 on: December 17, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »

This one's for Muffy:   Or, maybe it is Muffy?

Thank you QM    
  Hi Muffy.  an angelic monkey

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2837 on: December 17, 2009, 08:39:37 PM »

Thanks, I just changed it, and then I didn't recognize my avi 
I don't recognize myself either when I change mine. Sometimes I get Zoe and Josef confused too when I don't have my glasses on. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2838 on: December 17, 2009, 08:47:11 PM »

I wish they could bend the rules for you and let Josef come in Christmas morning  an angelic monkey but I suppose if they do that, then they have to do it for others. But 50 dollars more 
I wish they would bend the rules too No Rose, but it is probably better to get him there and pack Christmas Eve. He knows when the suitcase comes out, he isn't going with me. So if I pack when he isn't here he won't be so upset, plus I won't have to get up and go to 8 am Mass Christmas Day. 

And it is going to be a chore packing. I have ski jacket, two pairs of ski pants, my ski boots, my skates plus all my clothes. At least I don't have a reason to dress up because my family isn't into New Years Eve. I swear my best New Years Eve was last year when I spent it with the monkeys. That was so much fun. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2839 on: December 17, 2009, 08:48:49 PM »

I wish they would bend the rules too No Rose, but it is probably better to get him there and pack Christmas Eve. He knows when the suitcase comes out, he isn't going with me. So if I pack when he isn't here he won't be so upset, plus I won't have to get up and go to 8 am Mass Christmas Day. 

And it is going to be a chore packing. I have ski jacket, two pairs of ski pants, my ski boots, my skates plus all my clothes. At least I don't have a reason to dress up because my family isn't into New Years Eve. I swear my best New Years Eve was last year when I spent it with the monkeys. That was so much fun. 
I remember that, it was fun. But you should have fun on your trip, skiing and skating. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.