April 30, 2024, 06:30:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 447871 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »

One last thing then I'll leave you to your thread. 

I quit smoking April 30, 2008 and it is the best thing I ever did for myself.  I was one of those people who knew they could never quit.  I'd tried everything.  When it came down to it, it was more a matter of really wanting to.  The patches worked for me, my husband went cold turkey.

I used to use the excuse that the damage was done by now so why quit?  BUT, when you quit you get back so much more lung function it's amazing (for me anyway).  My quality of life is much better and I'm no longer chained to making sure I have a pack (or carton) with me at all times.  I smoked for nearly 40 years and the last 20 years I smoked 2+ packs a day.  I was not a casual smoker.  It's so nice not being addicted.   an angelic monkey

End of public service announcement.   
How long did you wear the patches? I have cut back at home because I go outside and it is freezing, that cuts it down to about three a night. Thanks Klaas, I may try the patches (after Christmas that is).  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »

Hi No Rose, good to see you!  I'm doing ok, I guess.  an angelic monkey
Aww, I wanted to use the rolleyes monkey, but I don't see him.  Waaa, the crying monkey is missing too! 
  an angelic monkey  Go to where it says more and there are the rest of the monkey icons.
Thanks NoRose! I actually thought of doing that, but was too lazy to try it. Now that I know they are there, I'll go and get em when I want them next time!
I found these snow men like the other one here:

RIP Sweet Puppy
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2009, 04:34:08 PM »

We have been abnormally cold here, especially this early, our low over night was 9, and this morning on my way to work it was only like 13, so we have been crunchy and cold
We will be 21 degrees on Thursday. I can't imagine it getting any lower than that and being able to function outside. 

Hi QM the shivering monkeys are adorable.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »

Nova Scotia autistic boy who went missing has died, health officials say

HALIFAX, N.S. - Officials at a Halifax children's hospital say a seven-year-old autistic boy who went missing from his Cape Breton home has died.

Jocelyn Vine, vice-president of patient care for the IWK Health Centre, said James Delorey died earlier Tuesday. "It is with our deepest regret to advise you that James Delorey passed away at the IWK Health Centre early this morning," Vine told a news conference.

Vine then read a statement from Delorey's family: "The family would like to thank everyone involved in James's care. It was amazing to see how everyone came together. It really kept my hopes alive. We will have more to say later after we've had some time."

Delorey was rushed to the hospital after he was found suffering from severe hypothermia in a wooded area in rural Nova Scotia.

The boy was reportedly unconscious when he was located by ground search teams Monday near South Bar, outside Sydney.

Police said Delorey had wandered away from his home in South Bar on Saturday afternoon while following his dog, triggering a massive search involving hundreds of people and three aircraft.

Within hours of his disappearance, a large snowstorm moved into the region, dumping up to 15 centimetres on some areas.

He wasn't wearing a winter coat, hat or mittens.

The search was considered particularly difficult because Delorey could not speak, which meant he wasn't expected to respond to searchers' calls.

He had wandered away before, but he usually showed up not far from his home at a neighbour's house.

http://www.610cktb.com/news/14/1034915

this is a tragedy...I was hoping this little guy was going to make it..

Mission...love your avatar!
Thank you Sunny!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »

I should have noted that the lovely CBB made it for me 

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2009, 04:45:13 PM »

We have been abnormally cold here, especially this early, our low over night was 9, and this morning on my way to work it was only like 13, so we have been crunchy and cold
We will be 21 degrees on Thursday. I can't imagine it getting any lower than that and being able to function outside. 

Hi QM the shivering monkeys are adorable.
They are cute mission, and I'm shivering just like them! Brrrrrrr           

RIP Sweet Puppy
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2009, 04:46:35 PM »

I quit smoking April 30, 2008 and it is the best thing I ever did for myself.  I was one of those people who knew they could never quit.  I'd tried everything.  When it came down to it, it was more a matter of really wanting to.  The patches worked for me, my husband went cold turkey.

I used to use the excuse that the damage was done by now so why quit?  BUT, when you quit you get back so much more lung function it's amazing (for me anyway).  My quality of life is much better and I'm no longer chained to making sure I have a pack (or carton) with me at all times.  I smoked for nearly 40 years and the last 20 years I smoked 2+ packs a day.  I was not a casual smoker.  It's so nice not being addicted.   an angelic monkey

Klaas....I officially quite a year ago this past October...but will admit to having some puffs when I have gotten really stressed.....then I realize how bad it tastes and put it out. I used the patches too...I was never a heavy smoker...a pack to a pack and a half a week....but you are right about being able to breathe so much better. It was because of you I stopped.  But it was very difficult and I back slid several times....but each time I did I went back to the first level of patches and started again.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »

How long did you wear the patches? I have cut back at home because I go outside and it is freezing, that cuts it down to about three a night. Thanks Klaas, I may try the patches (after Christmas that is).  an angelic monkey

About 3 weeks on the 14mg.  I probably should have started with the 21mg which is stronger but the 14 worked ok.  Then I went on the 7mg for another 2 weeks.  When I was down to my last patch I didn't take off the old and just added a new.  I didn't take off the last patch for a couple of days, LOLOL.  Then I used about 1/4 of a piece of nicotine gum to get me past any rough spots...I'd say another couple weeks of that. 

Keep in mind we were going through having our house torn apart and my husband, I and our 2 dogs were basically living in a 12x10ft room during the day.  I'm surprised we didn't kill each other, LOL.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: December 08, 2009, 04:51:33 PM »

One more thing, I want to say hi to Fanny! I read that you were and wanted to say hello in case you're lurking! Hope everything is well with you.
I will try to catch up with you in here again soon. Don't be too long Fanny! 

RIP Sweet Puppy
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #89 on: December 08, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »

About 3 weeks on the 14mg.  I probably should have started with the 21mg which is stronger but the 14 worked ok.  Then I went on the 7mg for another 2 weeks.  When I was down to my last patch I didn't take off the old and just added a new.  I didn't take off the last patch for a couple of days, LOLOL.  Then I used about 1/4 of a piece of nicotine gum to get me past any rough spots...I'd say another couple weeks of that. 

Keep in mind we were going through having our house torn apart and my husband, I and our 2 dogs were basically living in a 12x10ft room during the day.  I'm surprised we didn't kill each other, LOL.
Thanks Klaas, I think I will try patches, I just have a feeling I will have them all over my body.  Monkey Devil! I'm suprised you didn't kill each other either.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2009, 05:08:26 PM »

Klaas, i see you are a ducks fan....

Are you an oregonian???
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2009, 05:19:10 PM »

Thanks Klaas, I think I will try patches, I just have a feeling I will have them all over my body.  Monkey Devil! I'm suprised you didn't kill each other either.

I admire anyone that quits, I did quit for 7yrs...started dating a smoker and you can guess the rest of the story...I was so proud of myself when I quit, I worked at a bank and that was when smoking was banned and the bank sent the smokers to "Smoke Stoppers" if you succeeded in quitting the bank paid for it and if you did not quit the employee had to pay the cost, anyway I took that first drag along with a cool cocktail and handsome man and I was back with my addiction and a lying , cheating man. The story has a sad ending the man died from lung cancer and I still smoke...not a lot but one is to many! We should try to all quit after the new year,I bet we can do it together.

sorry to ramble 

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2009, 05:32:50 PM »

Have you guys (not 2NJ) been smoking the wackie weed here in the JSM thread?

1.  Dugga (IT Admin at SM) is in no way related to Jim Bob Duggar.  Why would you even think they were?  It's like thinking I'm related to Mark Klaas. 

<snipped for space>

That would be me who was smoking the wackie weed earlier.  I've thought Dugga was Jim Bob Duggar for a very long time.   I'm pretty sure someone (who was wrong) told me that a long time ago.

I apologize, JSM & all other monkeys.  I tried to head off what I thought might be a problem, and instead ended up creating a problem.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »

One more thing, I want to say hi to Fanny! I read that you were and wanted to say hello in case you're lurking! Hope everything is well with you.

Hey QM! Good to see ya!

You always give me great ideas with your graphics.

Here's my latest, thanks to you Wink

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 05:48:28 PM »

1.  Dugga (IT Admin at SM) is in no way related to Jim Bob Duggar.  Why would you even think they were?  It's like thinking I'm related to Mark Klaas. 

<snipped for space>

That would be me who was smoking the wackie weed earlier.  I've thought Dugga was Jim Bob Duggar for a very long time.   I'm pretty sure someone (who was wrong) told me that a long time ago.

I apologize, JSM & all other monkeys.  I tried to head off what I thought might be a problem, and instead ended up creating a problem.

It's okay    I wonder what Jim Bob Duggar does for a living, it has to be something where he makes pretty good money.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »

RIP Sweet Puppy
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2009, 05:56:55 PM »

Hey QM! Good to see ya!

You always give me great ideas with your graphics.

Here's my latest, thanks to you Wink

Aww Brandi thats so cool! I wish I could do what you do!   
I just find these smilies, would love to know how to make them too!

RIP Sweet Puppy
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2009, 06:02:15 PM »

<snipped for space>

It's okay    I wonder what Jim Bob Duggar does for a living, it has to be something where he makes pretty good money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Bob_Duggar

James Robert "Jim Bob" Duggar (born July 18, 1965), of Springdale, Arkansas, is a former state legislator, who served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002.

He is a real estate agent and owns several commercial properties in his local area.[1][2] He is best known as the father of the Duggar family, which currently includes eighteen children: Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer and Jordyn-Grace. He is married to Michelle Duggar.

On the September 1, 2009, episode of Today, Michelle Duggar announced that she is expecting her 19th child. They have one grandchild, a girl named Mackynzie Renee, who was born to their eldest son Josh and his wife Anna on October 8, 2009.[3] Duggar ran in the Republican Party of Arkansas primary election for the United States Senate in 2002, but lost to Tim Hutchinson.[4]

Duggar sought the Republican nomination to the Arkansas State Senate District 35 seat in Arkansas in 2006,[5] but lost to candidate Bill Pritchard by 200 votes.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »

<snipped for space>

Don't worry about it Bud's Girl - it was an honest error.  Pass me some of that stuff - I am laughing my azz off at those smilies. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2009, 06:04:10 PM »

Thanks Klaas, I figured he had to have a very good job to take care of all the kids, of course they probably make good money with the tv show also.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.