April 30, 2024, 12:09:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 448148 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1220 on: December 12, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »

Greeneyes if you are looking for a fast and simple recipe that kids can do, this was and is my youngest son's favourite.

cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.  Place a single layer of square salteen crackers (I use Kraft Premium Plus with salt) on the sheet to cover the whole sheet. You may have to creak some of the crackers in half to cover the sheet.  In a saucepan melt  1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar until it boils.  boil for 3 mins.  Pour over crackers.  Bake this for 7 min in a 400 degree oven.  Once out of oven immediately sprinkle a bag of semi Sweet chocolate chips on top of crackers.  Let stand so chocolate melts (about 4-5mins) and spread chocolate with a knife over the crackers.  Now sprinkle either chopped nuts, cookie sprinkles, anything like that on top.  Let cool and break into pieces.

You can mix this recipe up by using butterscotch chips and toppings, or white chocolate chips. 
OMG, that was one of my favorite things my mom use to make for us. She used graham crackers instead, but it was melt in your mouth great. She didn't put any toppings on top, but that sounds so good.

The original recipe had graham crackers.  We were way up north and I had none and knew it would be a month for the next grocery shipment so tried with the salteen crackers and YUM!  I have never made these with graham crackers since.  I think it is the savory from the salt on the crackers and the sweet from the chocolate that makes these so addictive.  The syrup also gets into the crackers more than graham wafers so they are really nummy.  Topping this is the kids favourite part and they usually make little sections of the cookie sheet with different toppings.
Saltines sound real good, for anyone who hasn't had these, they are great 
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1221 on: December 12, 2009, 03:29:33 PM »

Greeneyes if you are looking for a fast and simple recipe that kids can do, this was and is my youngest son's favourite.

cover a cookie sheet with tin foil.  Place a single layer of square salteen crackers (I use Kraft Premium Plus with salt) on the sheet to cover the whole sheet. You may have to creak some of the crackers in half to cover the sheet.  In a saucepan melt  1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar until it boils.  boil for 3 mins.  Pour over crackers.  Bake this for 7 min in a 400 degree oven.  Once out of oven immediately sprinkle a bag of semi Sweet chocolate chips on top of crackers.  Let stand so chocolate melts (about 4-5mins) and spread chocolate with a knife over the crackers.  Now sprinkle either chopped nuts, cookie sprinkles, anything like that on top.  Let cool and break into pieces.

You can mix this recipe up by using butterscotch chips and toppings, or white chocolate chips. 

I've been sitting here IM'ing with a friend of mine since 4th grade ... just a few yrs ago       .... and giving her these recipes, we're always trying to find something different & neither of us have had any of these before.  She & I made a lot of Hershey's fudge mess memories thru the yrs.       

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1222 on: December 12, 2009, 03:35:45 PM »

I've been sitting here IM'ing with a friend of mine since 4th grade ... just a few yrs ago       .... and giving her these recipes, we're always trying to find something different & neither of us have had any of these before.  She & I made a lot of Hershey's fudge mess memories thru the yrs.       

That recipe brought back so many memories, when I go out shopping I'm going to buy the ingredients to make them with the saltines. I think even I can make this without screwing it up. I have done some awful messes in the kitchen, so I need to stick to easy. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1223 on: December 12, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »

I was going to leave to shop and now it is pouring again  I know Northern Rose is following the Susan Powell case in Utah, I saw the article you posted. This man/husband has to be the biggest doofus/loser I have read about in awhile. This bs story about taking a one and four year old camping in freezing weather during the middle of the night to make smores just blows my mind 
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1224 on: December 12, 2009, 03:47:11 PM »

My favorite thing in the whole world is peanut butter fudge.  I could eat a pound of it.  I could eat so much that the elastic in my pants cuts off my circulation.  I could eat so much that a national peanut butter shortage would be announced.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1225 on: December 12, 2009, 03:59:41 PM »

That recipe brought back so many memories, when I go out shopping I'm going to buy the ingredients to make them with the saltines. I think even I can make this without screwing it up. I have done some awful messes in the kitchen, so I need to stick to easy. 

Pretty hard to mess this recipe up.   We are making these next.  Daughter is baking hermits right now, then these,  then a shortbread chocolate sandwich cookie.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1226 on: December 12, 2009, 04:01:00 PM »

My favorite thing in the whole world is peanut butter fudge.  I could eat a pound of it.  I could eat so much that the elastic in my pants cuts off my circulation.  I could eat so much that a national peanut butter shortage would be announced.
  Another peanut butter fan. I sometimes eat spoonfuls of it   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1227 on: December 12, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »

I was going to leave to shop and now it is pouring again  I know Northern Rose is following the Susan Powell case in Utah, I saw the article you posted. This man/husband has to be the biggest doofus/loser I have read about in awhile. This bs story about taking a one and four year old camping in freezing weather during the middle of the night to make smores just blows my mind 

There is no doubt he is involved.  The youngest would not know a smore from a door, and it was cold and dark.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1228 on: December 12, 2009, 04:02:03 PM »

Peanut butter is a gift of the gods!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1229 on: December 12, 2009, 04:10:19 PM »

My mother's mother was Bohemian. She and the other ladies in the neighborhood would bake Bohemian desserts. Kolachys are one of my favorites, and no way, no how have I ever tasted anything like grandmas  I guess the proper term is Czech, but back where I'm from, we say Bohemian. Kolachys are pastries filled with fruit, poppyseed, or a cheese mixture. She also made many other wonderful desserts. She was one of the hardest working women I ever met. Always cooking, baking, sewing..... Well, off to the store. Hope everyone has a great afternoon. Northern do you bake some of your recipes for Christmas treats for neighbors and friends? My grandma use to make a stollen that was shaped like Christmas trees, her entire dining room table would be filled with them after she frosted them, and then gave out to neighbors.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1230 on: December 12, 2009, 04:10:47 PM »

There is no doubt he is involved.  The youngest would not know a smore from a door, and it was cold and dark.
Just unbelievable 
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1231 on: December 12, 2009, 04:12:27 PM »

Hey guys, Just stopping in a minute. I had to sit down for a few. lol This old age crap is for the birds and I don't have feathers yet. Got my cake done and frosted and in the fridge got my chicken off the bone and broccoli done and sauce mixed ,and my house is spotless. I am so tired

Northern your recipes sound so yummy. I love peanut buter on anything.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1232 on: December 12, 2009, 04:25:48 PM »

My mother's mother was Bohemian. She and the other ladies in the neighborhood would bake Bohemian desserts. Kolachys are one of my favorites, and no way, no how have I ever tasted anything like grandmas  I guess the proper term is Czech, but back where I'm from, we say Bohemian. Kolachys are pastries filled with fruit, poppyseed, or a cheese mixture. She also made many other wonderful desserts. She was one of the hardest working women I ever met. Always cooking, baking, sewing..... Well, off to the store. Hope everyone has a great afternoon. Northern do you bake some of your recipes for Christmas treats for neighbors and friends? My grandma use to make a stollen that was shaped like Christmas trees, her entire dining room table would be filled with them after she frosted them, and then gave out to neighbors.

I give jars of cookie mix and the instructions out and then the same cookies baked.  My neighbour that helps me out so much all year long I give a huge tray of baking every year to them.  My aunt was a baker by trade in germany and her recipes are to die for.  She has given me a nice stollen recipe that I make every year.  I use my mom's old cookbooks that are in german for a lot of my christmas baking and there are marzipan and popyseed  Kolaches as well as kekstorte and springerle recipes. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1233 on: December 12, 2009, 05:23:17 PM »

That way with gift certificates they can buy what they like. I also include gift cards to Starbucks and to different eating places that they like. 
Good Idea about the Starbucks. That is what I am going to get my sister and her husband. 
My oldest daughter would live at Starbucks if she could  Also if anyone loves movies you can get gift cards for theaters also.
Thats a good idea too about the theaters. My sister lives at Starbucks too. That is so sad about the decapitated doll. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1234 on: December 12, 2009, 05:25:17 PM »

Rosie...that is terrible about the dolls head falling off! my goodness!

Jsm....Yes, they will be so excited...My oldest GD who is 6 just said to me the other day, Santa won't be bringing me a zhu zhu..they are the hottest thing going and every place is sold out!
I could hardly keep myself from telling her!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1235 on: December 12, 2009, 05:26:38 PM »

Morning All.  It's just a number right?

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1236 on: December 12, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »

'Morning, Abba-Dabbas----I have two of those Zhu Zhus for my grandnieces.  Got them on eBay a couple of weeks ago.  Have some kind of a race track thing and a ball they roll around in.  They started out at $9.99 and I think they are up to $100 now.  Don't remember exactly what I paid, maybe $25.00. I have done all of my shopping on the internet this year because the traffic here at Christmas time is so bad and a lot of the old people (Look who's talking) can't drive and try their best to run lights and hit you.  a UPS truck even hit my car last year. Kid named Kevin. 
Wow, my UPS guy throws the packages like he is bowling, it drives me nuts. Going to be a lot of happy kids this year playing with their Zhu Zhus.
  Bowling balls? And after today I am going to start shopping online too. And I haven't bought a present yet.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1237 on: December 12, 2009, 05:31:15 PM »

Oh boy, I just remembered my sister and I one year had gotten phones we thought were the coolest thing. They had a wire connecting them, but it reached all the way upstairs to our bedroom. We played with them for hours. Kinda like using cans on a string. Can you imagine kids today playing with something like that? No way!  Monkey Devil!
No way is right, the toy would probably get thrown in the garbage 

I'm so old, I think all we ever got was a new babydoll for Christmas. 

No Rose -- I ordered a couple boxes of fudge for my fudgeacholic sister from See's ... can't wait to see how she likes it !

My dad was also a fudgeaholic, we made many a platter for him of that kind you make with Hershey's cocoa, have to whip the daylights out of it so it will harden & also have to make sure it gets on the plate at just the right second or it hardens in the pan.  Or being the good cooks we were, sometimes it was just a platter of thick syrup.   LOL 

thick syrup is what my fudge turns out to be like when I made it. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1238 on: December 12, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »

I want to share this recipe that I tried for the first time.  It is in the fridge setting up but we licked the bowl to the last bit.

1-1/4 cups Oreo Baking Crumbs
1/4 cup  butter, melted
1 pkg. (250 g) Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup  plus 1 Tbsp.  Smooth Peanut Butter, divided
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg.  (4-serving size) Vanilla Instant Pudding
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
3 squares  BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate

Mix crumbs and butter and  press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended. Add milk and dry pudding mix and beat 2 min. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip by hand and  spoon into crust. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Cool completely.

Spread chocolate mixture over filling in crust. Microwave remaining peanut butter in small microwaveable bowl 30 sec.; stir. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1239 on: December 12, 2009, 05:33:11 PM »

Oh boy, I just remembered my sister and I one year had gotten phones we thought were the coolest thing. They had a wire connecting them, but it reached all the way upstairs to our bedroom. We played with them for hours. Kinda like using cans on a string. Can you imagine kids today playing with something like that? No way!  Monkey Devil!
we got walkie talkies and played with them for ever. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.