April 30, 2024, 10:59:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 448092 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1480 on: December 13, 2009, 07:12:33 PM »

Night Trimm God bless.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1481 on: December 13, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »

Northern, Tevye or any cold weather monkeys I have a question for you.

I get really really dry skin on my legs during the winter. I use lotion, but when I wear long johns or running tights that seems to make my skin so itchy. I have scratched them now and they are almost bleeding.

Is there anything I can do for that, I wore running tights to skate in and that made it worse. Long johns are the same way. I don't know what I can do to keep this from happening. Once I got the tights off, I scratched like a dog with hot spots.

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA JSM 

I use Burt's Bees hand salve after every bath or shower in the winter when my skin is still moist. It really helps the dry flaking skin and I have eczema that it really helps with.  I use it all over, legs, arms, etc.

http://www.burtsbees.ca/natural-products/hands-and-feet-hand-moisturizers/

Burts's Bees is GREAT!

I got a tube of their foot cream and use it on my elbows and occasionally my hands. Just really good stuff!!!

I like it as there is no scent added and it does not irritate my eczema like so many other moisturizers do.
Thanks Northern. I have used Aveeno in the past and it didn't work. I will try the Burts Bees and I used the Corn Husker stuff Darla said to use because I had that on hand seem to do the trick as well. I just think it has to do with wearing tights/long johns that irritate my skin, plus I take hot baths and that isn't good on dry skin as well.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1482 on: December 13, 2009, 07:21:24 PM »

Hope everyone is writing down these recipes that are being posted.
I am.   

NorthernROse,I love the avi of Max.  Hello to CBB 

Back to the sidekick now.
I am leaving this for JSM   Monkey Devil! Digger was busy this morning.   
See you monkeys later. 

How does little Digger do it  He is quite the little hunter, and he looks so proud. Have a fun day with your little sidekick. 

His Daddy shoots them and he fetches them.     Then he eats them.   
  I thought he hunted them Trimm. Like my nephew's dog (God rest his soul) did with mice. You could be in the barn and say "LB, skit the mice" he would run into the hay and come back and you could still see the critters crawling around in his belly ALIVE 

He does hunt them,but usually he only catches the little ground squirrels.The bigger squirrels bite the chit out of him.   
Now he can catch an armadillo or possum,but they get pretty snappy too.He likes it it better when his Daddy can wound them first.
.   Monkey Devil!
I am headed for the bunky.Sidekick wore me out.I was ready to go to bed hours ago.   

See you monkeys in the morning.    an angelic monkey
Nite Trimm. Funny, he likes it better when Daddy wounds it first.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1483 on: December 13, 2009, 07:34:09 PM »

Hi CBB Yes, I'm in Pigeon Forge. Traffic is really bad this weekend and I've done most of my shopping on line, which is funny considering PF is the shopping destination of almost half the country. 

That was a wonderful story about the boy and his dog.  I believe it could happen and I believe all my dogs will meet me in the beyond.

Your story reminded me of something in my own life.  Shortly before my husband passed away, our Yorkie who was 15 died.  He was very upset about it.  Then a couple of weeks later, my husband had surgery and came out of surgery in a coma.  After he had been in the hospital in a coma a couple of weeks, I decided to bring him home.  I had nurses for him, but of course I was at his bedside most of the time.  I decided to buy another Yorkie to put in his bed with him.  I don't know if he realized it or not, but she would snuggle up to him.  I like to think he knew.  She seemed to know.  Unfortunately, he did not regain consciousness, but it does comfort me to know that maybe he knew a puppy was snuggling with him again.

You never know.  I lost that fur baby a couple of years ago.  She was blind and had diabetes, but I sort of felt like I lost a link with my husband when she died.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1484 on: December 13, 2009, 07:40:46 PM »

JSM I saw the cutest movie this afternoon which reminded me of you.  A really cute  girl's parents had rented a cabin for Christmas and insisted that their daughter bring a boyfriend for the holidays.  She didn't have a boyfriend so she kidnapped a really cute guy.  I don't know how it happened because a neighbor called during the movie, but this girl could ice skate and twirl and do all those things you do.  The girl's sister and brother, who were the lights of their parents' eyes, announced that the girl was not going to law school and the brother was gay.  After a lot of twists and turns, the kidnapped boy and his kidnapper ended up together, as we all knew they would from the beginning of the movie.  Can't remember the name of the movie, but I'm sure others saw it.  I wouldn't recommend kidnapping a guy for the holidays, but I hope you meet one who looks exactly like the one in the movie!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1485 on: December 13, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »

Hi CBB Yes, I'm in Pigeon Forge. Traffic is really bad this weekend and I've done most of my shopping on line, which is funny considering PF is the shopping destination of almost half the country. 

That was a wonderful story about the boy and his dog.  I believe it could happen and I believe all my dogs will meet me in the beyond.

Your story reminded me of something in my own life.  Shortly before my husband passed away, our Yorkie who was 15 died.  He was very upset about it.  Then a couple of weeks later, my husband had surgery and came out of surgery in a coma.  After he had been in the hospital in a coma a couple of weeks, I decided to bring him home.  I had nurses for him, but of course I was at his bedside most of the time.  I decided to buy another Yorkie to put in his bed with him.  I don't know if he realized it or not, but she would snuggle up to him.  I like to think he knew.  She seemed to know.  Unfortunately, he did not regain consciousness, but it does comfort me to know that maybe he knew a puppy was snuggling with him again.

You never know.  I lost that fur baby a couple of years ago.  She was blind and had diabetes, but I sort of felt like I lost a link with my husband when she died.

What a touching story, BabyBear. I am not a crier, but that almost brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks for sharing that. I think your husband knew the puppy was there and I think the two bonded in a way. Dogs sense a lot of things that we don't. I believe.

Sorry you lost her, but it sounded like it was her time to go, and she is in a good place now.

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1486 on: December 13, 2009, 07:50:25 PM »

JSM I am glad the Corn huskers helped your legs. I swear by it. I am diabetic and have the driest skin in the world and it just gets worse in the winter.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #1487 on: December 13, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »

JSM  The Corn Huskers is good. My sons and husband used it when they were working. When they had to work around concete their hands would get so dry they would crack and bleed, but if they used the Corn Huskers every day they didn't have that problem. I will have to look for the Burts Bees lotion too. 
Hope all is well. Take Care & God Bless
Grand daughter wants to use computer for awhile. So I will say good night for now.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1488 on: December 13, 2009, 07:52:14 PM »

Babybear, so very sorry about your husband and your furbabies. God Bless! I feel sure he knew the puppy was with him.

God Bless!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1489 on: December 13, 2009, 07:54:40 PM »

JSM I am glad the Corn huskers helped your legs. I swear by it. I am diabetic and have the driest skin in the world and it just gets worse in the winter.

I was going to suggest that but saw that the very smart darla beat me to it!  It looks like whale sperm to me but sure works well!  (actually, I guess it could be some other kind of sperm but what could possibly make that much!)  My son's GF about had a heart attack when I told her that is what it was - after she rubbed it into her hands. . . .!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1490 on: December 13, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »

Greeneyes, I have a treadle machine sitting where my Christmas tree should be. I wouldn't know how to work it if I tried, but it is very pretty. If my Christmas saga palm wasn't in front of it I would take a picture of it. It was left out in the rain at one point so some of the top is cracking, but other than that it is really pretty. The machine itself is in my closet because when I moved it was too heavy to carry up the stairs all in one piece.
I have a treadle sewing machine that belonged to daughter-in-law's great grandmother. It rode from Detroit to up here in a trailer, losing one of its drawers on the way. I used the technology of the 'net to figure out how to restore it. I was totally shocked to learn that our local Singer store sells the belt I needed to make it go. I didn't refinish the cupboard and drawers, I restored them with special soap and a special recipe shellac-like finish. Then, I made a quilt for my grandson, and signed it with his great-grandmothers name (she bought the machine), his downstate granny's name (she inherited it and gave it to me) and my name.

I have 3 sewing machines, and the treadle is my favorite. It's quiet and really fun once you get the rhythm down. It's like meditating, only you're producing something. I find it is best for large projects, like putting the already made quilt blocks together and putting the whole quilt together. For piecing the blocks, I use my electric, as the electric is a 2 speed, the treadle doesn't have reverse!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1491 on: December 13, 2009, 08:07:59 PM »

Can you give me a link to corn huskers please?  I have never seen it up here and when I google it get lots of different results but not lotion.   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1492 on: December 13, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »

JSM I saw the cutest movie this afternoon which reminded me of you.  A really cute  girl's parents had rented a cabin for Christmas and insisted that their daughter bring a boyfriend for the holidays.  She didn't have a boyfriend so she kidnapped a really cute guy.  I don't know how it happened because a neighbor called during the movie, but this girl could ice skate and twirl and do all those things you do.  The girl's sister and brother, who were the lights of their parents' eyes, announced that the girl was not going to law school and the brother was gay.  After a lot of twists and turns, the kidnapped boy and his kidnapper ended up together, as we all knew they would from the beginning of the movie.  Can't remember the name of the movie, but I'm sure others saw it.  I wouldn't recommend kidnapping a guy for the holidays, but I hope you meet one who looks exactly like the one in the movie!
  Monkey Devil! That sounds like a wonderful move Baby, I would never kidnap someone to be my boyfriend, but it sounds like a great movie. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1493 on: December 13, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »

Darla it worked like a charm. I bought it at the pharmacy a long time ago. I have to jump on the bed to put it on because Joe likes to lick it off. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1494 on: December 13, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »

Can you give me a link to corn huskers please?  I have never seen it up here and when I google it get lots of different results but not lotion.   
The only link I could find with a picture.

http://www.americarx.com/products/16928.html

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1495 on: December 13, 2009, 08:15:37 PM »

I can't find a link to the company, but this is the stuff:

http://kitchenklique.blogspot.com/2009/02/perfect-product-corn-huskers-lotion.html

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1496 on: December 13, 2009, 08:16:41 PM »

Greeneyes, I have a treadle machine sitting where my Christmas tree should be. I wouldn't know how to work it if I tried, but it is very pretty. If my Christmas saga palm wasn't in front of it I would take a picture of it. It was left out in the rain at one point so some of the top is cracking, but other than that it is really pretty. The machine itself is in my closet because when I moved it was too heavy to carry up the stairs all in one piece.
I have a treadle sewing machine that belonged to daughter-in-law's great grandmother. It rode from Detroit to up here in a trailer, losing one of its drawers on the way. I used the technology of the 'net to figure out how to restore it. I was totally shocked to learn that our local Singer store sells the belt I needed to make it go. I didn't refinish the cupboard and drawers, I restored them with special soap and a special recipe shellac-like finish. Then, I made a quilt for my grandson, and signed it with his great-grandmothers name (she bought the machine), his downstate granny's name (she inherited it and gave it to me) and my name.

I have 3 sewing machines, and the treadle is my favorite. It's quiet and really fun once you get the rhythm down. It's like meditating, only you're producing something. I find it is best for large projects, like putting the already made quilt blocks together and putting the whole quilt together. For piecing the blocks, I use my electric, as the electric is a 2 speed, the treadle doesn't have reverse!
I have four sewing machines and I can't sew for sh*t. A treadle which has my Russian icons, my great aunts sewing maching which has a tv on it in my bedroom and two other portables that are in the closets. I wish I could sew, but it takes brains, math and patience. Three things I don't have. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1497 on: December 13, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »

Night monkeys. I am going to bed. I got up too early, my legs are tired and Josef is sleepy. Sleep well and God bless.  an angelic monkey

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1498 on: December 13, 2009, 08:20:27 PM »

Norrose it is made by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. if that helps. The label reads Corn Huskers Lotion. Then under that heavy duty hand treatment. I started using it when I worked in a clothing factory and the cloth I handled dried my hands so bad they would crack and bleed.

God Bless!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1499 on: December 13, 2009, 08:22:35 PM »

Here's my experience with quilting:

I took a quilting course.  We made a pillow top.  That was about 25 years ago.  the pillow is on a bed and I never quilted another thing.  But I love quilts--just as long as someone else makes them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.