April 30, 2024, 08:42:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #10  (Read 447981 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1900 on: December 15, 2009, 11:57:26 AM »

I am going home now, thanks for all the warm wishes and congrats!!!!

have a good night all!!!!

Have you set a wedding date?

No and we are not in a hurry, we dont want to have to rush, and want to save up $$
That is a good plan my daughter is getting married in Sept 2010 she has been engaged and planning since July 2008 it has been so enjoyable rather than stressful having the time to plan and save.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1901 on: December 15, 2009, 12:00:36 PM »

Aww Monkeys, I'm getting the feeling I should go back to just being a Quiet Monkey?? 
Oh no you don't - you stay here where we can see and hear you - you brighten my day everyday! 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1902 on: December 15, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »

Aww Monkeys, I'm getting the feeling I should go back to just being a Quiet Monkey?? 

Now why would you go and do a silly thing like that?

I don't know Scarey, I think I've just said too much since yesterday and my instincts tell me I need to shut up now.  For some reason though I haven't shut up and I want to stop before its too late. Thinking I should change my name to SilentMonkey, and never speak again. Maybe I'll just post smileys only? I don't know, see I'm rambling on again!

QM...what's up? You have said nothing wrong at all that I have seen! you are entitled to how you feel ...there is nothing wrong with not taking sides and for liking everyone that you post among, if that is what you are speaking of.....I would hope that if for some reason I got banned from here that some monkeys would speak on my behalf, that they liked me and were sorry that I wouldn't be posting anymore...it takes courage to do that instead of being silent imo...stop beating yourself up over being a nice person..nothing wrong with that...again, assuming you are speaking about posters being banned ....xxxxxx

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1903 on: December 15, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »

Scarey, I loved that story. There truly are angels among us and God works in mysterious ways. an angelic monkey

me too! I loved it!

I bought lunch for a soldier who is on leave the other day ...made me feel good to be able to do that for all that they do for us...even if it was McDonalds...He must like their food or he wouldn't have been standing in that long line with me and others tee hee!  I say pay it forward everyone, especially this time of year!

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #1904 on: December 15, 2009, 12:07:25 PM »

This helps explain why I'm so weird!

*** Are you aware that Jeff Foxworthy is now picking on Michigan ? Read on.

If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by......you might live in Michigan .

If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation... ... you might live in Michigan .

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through March...
 ...you might live in Michigan .

If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year...

If someone in a store offers you assistance and they don't work there...

If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his > forehead...

If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time...

If your town has an equal number of bars and churches...

If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number...

You know you're a true MICHIGANIAN/MICHIGANDER when:

1. "Vacation" means going up north on I-75.

2. You measure distance in hours.

3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.

4. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

5. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.

6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).

7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

8. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.

9. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.

10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

11. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and under construction.

12. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.

13. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.

14. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.

15. Down South to you means Ohio .

16. A brat is something you eat.

17. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.

18. You go out to fish fry every Friday.

19. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.

20. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.

21. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly".

22. You drink pop and bake with soda.

23. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernors and you know it's not medicine.

24. You can actually drink Vernors without coughing.

25. You know what a Yooper is.

26. You think owning a Honda is Un-American.

27. You know that UP is a place, not a direction.

28. You know it's possible to live in a thumb.

29. You understand that when visiting Detroit , the best thing to wear is a Kevlar vest.

30. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Michigan friends!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1905 on: December 15, 2009, 12:10:12 PM »

This is the second quilt I made.  You can see that there is no fancy top stitching.  Each square is hand stitched with wool on all four corners and the middle which is then tied in a knot on top.  The last picture you can see the little stitches in the back.  I find this way faster then machine top stitching as I can do it while watching TV.  For the first few quilts I also cheated and used a good quality flat bedsheet as the back (this one is flannel) .  That way I knew what size to make them   
an angelic monkey BEAUTIFUL Northern
That is called "stacking and whacking", it's way fun and really speeds up the process of cutting out the pieces. You have to be careful about the grain. Also, the best material to make quilts out of (for longevity and ease of care) is pure cotton. Polyester pills. Wool is fabulous, but you can't just throw it in the washer.

Thank you JSM.  When I am at my Mom's for Christmas eve I will take a picture of the first quilt I made, as well as the others I made for her. 
I would love to see it. One question, do you cut out with scissors or those pizza cutter things?

I watch a show on PBS and it is two ladies that quilt and they make it look so easy and they use these plastic templates with squared off corners and the pizza cutter. I was just wondering if you do the same. I forget the name of the show, but they have quilters on that make amazing quilts. I bet Greeneyes would know the names of those women. They are funny too. Have a good evening JSM

I use a pizza cutter thingy made for fabric on a  self healing cutting board.  I have a larger heavy clear plastic board that I use on top to measure and guide my cuts.  Not sure what you mean by templates.
The templates are like triangles and maybe squares, then they stack the fabric and use the pizza cutter and all the little triangles are cut all at once. It is pretty cool to watch, I could never do it. Their show is calld Fons and Porter Love of Quilting. I didn't know if you have ever heard of them before. Here is the link if you haven't seen them before. http://www.fonsandporter.com/aspx/fonsandporter/default.aspx

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1906 on: December 15, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »

QM...what's up? You have said nothing wrong at all that I have seen! you are entitled to how you feel ...there is nothing wrong with not taking sides and for liking everyone that you post among, if that is what you are speaking of.....I would hope that if for some reason I got banned from here that some monkeys would speak on my behalf, that they liked me and were sorry that I wouldn't be posting anymore...it takes courage to do that instead of being silent imo...stop beating yourself up over being a nice person..nothing wrong with that...again, assuming you are speaking about posters being banned ....xxxxxx

Thanks again cookie! Yes you are right about what I am speaking of. I guess I'm just worried I'm going to go too far (or maybe already have). Really, I am not worried about being banned myself, though I admit I don't want that to happen. I guess this is all just coming out of me now since the last few monkeys that have been banned. They were monkeys I was closer too, or atleast have "followed" for quite some time now. Being banned from a message board is nothing new, but I guess I've never felt so "involved" before. The other thing is, I've just never spoken up so much before about this stuff, so I don't know what to expect. But I appreciate all the kind words I've received from all the monkeys. You guys are the best!

RIP Sweet Puppy
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1907 on: December 15, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »

Oh no you don't - you stay here where we can see and hear you - you brighten my day everyday! 

Back at ya Mission!     

RIP Sweet Puppy
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1908 on: December 15, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

Tevye,how funny.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1909 on: December 15, 2009, 12:21:09 PM »

I don't know Scarey, I think I've just said too much since yesterday and my instincts tell me I need to shut up now.  For some reason though I haven't shut up and I want to stop before its too late. Thinking I should change my name to SilentMonkey, and never speak again. Maybe I'll just post smileys only? I don't know, see I'm rambling on again!
QM, are you upset that the Ants took your remarks and made their cue card out of them???
Remember, no matter how bad it is, at least you're not an Anthony!!! 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1910 on: December 15, 2009, 12:25:24 PM »

That being said, I miss CC and Fanny. I've pretty much figured out why Fanny left. As for CC...well, flaunting does cost. Sadly.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1911 on: December 15, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »

QM, are you upset that the Ants took your remarks and made their cue card out of them???

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1912 on: December 15, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »

This is the second quilt I made.  You can see that there is no fancy top stitching.  Each square is hand stitched with wool on all four corners and the middle which is then tied in a knot on top.  The last picture you can see the little stitches in the back.  I find this way faster then machine top stitching as I can do it while watching TV.  For the first few quilts I also cheated and used a good quality flat bedsheet as the back (this one is flannel) .  That way I knew what size to make them   
an angelic monkey BEAUTIFUL Northern
That is called "stacking and whacking", it's way fun and really speeds up the process of cutting out the pieces. You have to be careful about the grain. Also, the best material to make quilts out of (for longevity and ease of care) is pure cotton. Polyester pills. Wool is fabulous, but you can't just throw it in the washer.

Thank you JSM.  When I am at my Mom's for Christmas eve I will take a picture of the first quilt I made, as well as the others I made for her. 
I would love to see it. One question, do you cut out with scissors or those pizza cutter things?

I watch a show on PBS and it is two ladies that quilt and they make it look so easy and they use these plastic templates with squared off corners and the pizza cutter. I was just wondering if you do the same. I forget the name of the show, but they have quilters on that make amazing quilts. I bet Greeneyes would know the names of those women. They are funny too. Have a good evening JSM

I use a pizza cutter thingy made for fabric on a  self healing cutting board.  I have a larger heavy clear plastic board that I use on top to measure and guide my cuts.  Not sure what you mean by templates.
The templates are like triangles and maybe squares, then they stack the fabric and use the pizza cutter and all the little triangles are cut all at once. It is pretty cool to watch, I could never do it. Their show is calld Fons and Porter Love of Quilting. I didn't know if you have ever heard of them before. Here is the link if you haven't seen them before. http://www.fonsandporter.com/aspx/fonsandporter/default.aspx

This dorky post that didn't show up was to tell ya'll that that technique is called "stacking and whacking", and it's a fun, fast way to cut out the pieces for your quilt. You have to be careful about the grain of the fabric, tho. And the best, most easily taken care of quilts are made of natural fibers. Polyester makes "pills" on the fabric. I always use cotton, but some day will make one out of wool. It'll be a PIA to take care of (no machine wash, hanging it outside 2x a year will have to do) but well worth it!

QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1913 on: December 15, 2009, 12:31:36 PM »

Hi Tevye!

RIP Sweet Puppy
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1914 on: December 15, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »

Hi Tevye!
Hey QM! 

Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1915 on: December 15, 2009, 12:35:15 PM »

OH, this is just great....

"800,000 Doses Of Kids' H1N1 Vaccine Recalled ATLANTA (CBS) ―

Health officials are recalling hundreds of thousands of doses of swine flu vaccine after tests indicated they may not be potent enough to protect against the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention notified doctors about the recall Tuesday. The recall involves about 800,000 doses made by Sanofi Pasteur. The doses are pre-filled syringes intended for young children, ages 6 months to almost three years.

Health officials recommend children those ages get two doses, spaced about a month apart.

Health officials say it's not clear how many doses have already been given, but they don't think children need to be re-vaccinated. The lots passed potency tests when they were first shipped, but tests indicate the potency waned after.

(Excerpt) Read more at wcbstv.com ..."

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1916 on: December 15, 2009, 12:41:13 PM »

Hhaha you are silly! i ramble 24-7 if i dont post it its going on in my head and usually i do agrue myself to death! haha i dont think you have talked nearly enough! smileys are awesome but so are your words and opinions....

I vote QM stays! 
Well thank you Scarey!  That makes me feel better and I want to apologize to all the monkeys if I'm being a whiner and complainer. I don't intend to be, but I think thats what I'm doing!

Its always nice to whine, get it all out and feel better!! 

He bought the diamond and it came in a "ring" thingy that holds it in place and if u squeeze the sides the diamond falls out....

so saturday the place he bought it at is having a big show, where they bring in tons and tons of settings and we are the first appt of the day to choose the one i want!!! i cannot wait i am sooooooo excited!!!! wahoooooooooo
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1917 on: December 15, 2009, 12:42:46 PM »

Sorry QM, I am behind, working on cleaning off my desk today.    VERY BIG CHORE!!! 

It's Ok JSM, it's not you. I'm just saying I think I've said too much the last couple days. Don't know why either, just happened that way.
I also keep getting kicked out every five seconds. You never say too much

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tevye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1918 on: December 15, 2009, 12:43:20 PM »

Its always nice to whine, get it all out and feel better!! 

He bought the diamond and it came in a "ring" thingy that holds it in place and if u squeeze the sides the diamond falls out....

so saturday the place he bought it at is having a big show, where they bring in tons and tons of settings and we are the first appt of the day to choose the one i want!!! i cannot wait i am sooooooo excited!!!! wahoooooooooo
Carrie, congrats on your unique engagement! It's gonna make a great story to tell your grandkids!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1919 on: December 15, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.