April 27, 2024, 01:30:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #563 12/20 - 12/21/2006-DO NOT USE  (Read 91025 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2006, 04:58:38 PM »

Quote from: "MuffyBee"
Quote from: "BTgirl"
Monkeys, I need a little bit of comforting.  Sad

With the assistance of my dear friend Kuoka () hubby and I ordered me a fancy, schmancy new laptop computer for Christmas. Now, the UPS people have lost it.

No Christmas prezzy for me this year.  Crying or Very sad

Oh no!  I hope it can be tracked down pronto!

Lenovo and UPS are both looking for it, but neither of them seem to have much hope of finding it.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2006, 05:02:47 PM »

How long has it been "missing"?  They can track by computer the last place it was handled, and who's truck or whatever it was last on.  You said they don't have hope in finding it.  Why not?  And if not, how quickly can the claim be filed.  Whomever shipped it has to file the claim, I am pretty sure.  Not the receipient.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2006, 05:05:24 PM »

How long has it been "missing"?  They can track by computer the last place it was handled, and who's truck or whatever it was last on.  You said they don't have hope in finding it.  Why not?  And if not, how quickly can the claim be filed.  Whomever shipped it has to file the claim, I am pretty sure.  Not the receipient.

Lenovo shipped two boxes - the computer and the case. The case was delivered, then UPS tried to tell us that's all that was shipped. Lenovo is saying the computer was shipped with the case. Lenovo says they will keep searching for 7 more days, then give us credit and re-ship the computer if it isn't found. If someone at UPS took it, then they'll end up with a free computer I guess. Evil or Very Mad

I Stand With The Girl
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2006, 05:06:08 PM »

I can top that one!  UPS lost a certified cheque for $65,000.00 US that we sent to the US to pay for a firetruck.  They found it under a conveyer belt in their sorting plant 4 months later.  Now it is wire transfers only!

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2006, 05:07:15 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"
I can top that one!  UPS lost a certified cheque for $65,000.00 US that we sent to the US to pay for a firetruck.  They found it under a conveyer belt in their sorting plant 4 months later.  Now it is wire transfers only!

OMG! I can believe that, though. The people from UPS we've dealt with so far have not been impressive, to say the least.

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2006, 05:11:39 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Kinda depends on whether it Parallel, Serial or USB Connected.

I know that the USB's are easier to plug in.   Very Happy

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »

Hmmm.  Sounds like somebody somewhere is trying to pull a fast one.  If two boxes were shipped, that should be noted on a shipping document.  And there should be a list of contents.  This company is going to continue looking for it for 7 days?  When it sounds like there is a dispute in the first place in what was actually shipped?  And you may end up with a credit?  And how long does it take for the credit to go on your card?  It can take up to 30 days...Bah humbug.  

And UPS should have documents that show everything.  I am sorry to say they lost completely a letter package about a month ago.  Just gone.  Zip.  And last year, my son ordered some parts for a rifle he uses for skeet shooting.  The UPS people left it on the doorstep of the office of an apartment complex (400 apts.), instead of delivering it to his door.  Lovely...I used to try to use UPS, but lately not good luck.  Sister also had documents lost that pertained to land sale.  Caused a huge problem.  The documents turned up a couple weeks late--r.

BT, you have my sympathy.  There, there now.  It will all be okay.  Specially since if you used a credit card, you should have some leverage.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2006, 05:15:32 PM »

OMG!  And like I said, I used to think I would send something UPS, because it could be tracked and would be "safe".  Times have changed along with their service. Evil or Very Mad

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2006, 05:16:09 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Kinda depends on whether it Parallel, Serial or USB Connected.

I know that the USB's are easier to plug in.   Very Happy

Yeah, USB has made the world a whole lot nicer place.

Next neato will be eSATA.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: December 21, 2006, 05:18:16 PM »

OMG!  And like I said, I used to think I would send something UPS, because it could be tracked and would be "safe".  Times have changed along with their service. Evil or Very Mad

Well, at least UPS drivers won't have to worry about turning left for awhile.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: December 21, 2006, 05:20:49 PM »

Eh?  Confused

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: December 21, 2006, 05:22:09 PM »

Eh?  Confused

You haven't seen on the news that UPS drivers are restricted from making left turns between now and Christmas?
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: December 21, 2006, 05:24:18 PM »

Eh?  Confused

You haven't seen on the news that UPS drivers are restricted from making left turns between now and Christmas?[/quote]

Sorry, I missed that one. So how is the driver supposed to get out of my driveway and head back down the road?  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2006, 05:25:55 PM »

Eh?  Confused

You haven't seen on the news that UPS drivers are restricted from making left turns between now and Christmas?

Sorry, I missed that one. So how is the driver supposed to get out of my driveway and head back down the road?  Laughing[/quote]

Dunno, it's on FOXNews right now.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: December 21, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »

Makes me wonder whether whoever made that no left turn decision has OCD.  Shocked

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2006, 05:35:11 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
Makes me wonder whether whoever made that no left turn decision has OCD.  Shocked

I'm trying to picture how a driver negotiates some of these country roads around here without making a left turn.  Laughing

Justins, I hope your mother is improving.

I Stand With The Girl
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2006, 05:39:01 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
I agree with the comments. As easy as it can be to throw Paulus in from the beginning, I think there is more hard evidence that Paulus entered the murder crime scene after "something went bad". Whether Natalee was "allowed" to die after being harmed, or was already dead, I don't know. I do think that whatever happened, Joran was scared enough to go to Daddy. And I fully believe that from that point, Paulus did all he could to protect Joran.

I think Paulus entered before she was "harmed."  I think he "picked" Natalee for his own.

Hello, Anita.  Those see-through blouses are to no avail.  The old man is a pervert.

I don't think we are necessarily in disagreement, Tyler. Paulus could have "picked" Natalee and at some point left her to the boys, where something "went wrong". I'm just trying to line up DKs chastisement of Joran with things.

It's possible that Joran took Natalee for Paulus, but Deepak seems to think that Joran did something to get his father in trouble, whereas Joran claims the Kalpoes got his dad arrested.  Which makes me think that Deepak wasn't there when something bad happened OR Paulus wasn't involved until later.  

A.  Joran could have been "pimping" for Paulus.  Many believe this; I've never been convinced, but don't deny the possibility.  
B.  We could get Freudian and say that Joran decided he wanted Natalee when he saw Paulus talking with her.  
C.  Another theory I've suggested is that Joran had a run-in with some of the MB boys, GVC had a run-in with some of the MB boys (involving Natalee) and Joran wanted to show them arrogant Americans a thing or two and did it with GHB and Natalee.  A sociopath in particular might respond that way, me thinks.  
D.  Another "trigger" could be Joran seeing his old flame with another guy and transferring his hurt and anger to Natalee.  

I don't know how long it would take for these three guys to realize that someone wasn't breathing anymore.   I wonder if they've ever learned CPR.   Crying or Very sad  Perhaps the Dutch are saying the boys panicked when Natalee remained unconscious because they plan to say it was an accidental death and their only crime was panicking and disposing of the body.   Evil or Very Mad  (If this is true, I imagine monkeys declaring war.  The word Missile comes to my mind.)  I not only think Natalee was raped by these 3, but I think that Joran hit her.  That plus alcohol plus date-rape drug = Disappeared.  Whatever happened, I hope that the GHB or whatever she was given left her mostly unconscious.   Crying or Very sad No one should be subjected to such an act and no one should get away with doing such a thing.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #277 on: December 21, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »

With the assistance of my dear friend Kuoka () hubby and I ordered me a fancy, schmancy new laptop computer for Christmas. Now, the UPS people have lost it.

They'll find it.  You'll get a present and be surfing like crazy.  I thought the gifts I ordered wouldn't be here in time.  I called.  They said, Oh, you should get it any day.  (This was TUESDAY.)  I took a deep breath and didn't believe them.  The package arrived today.  And that was the US post office, I think.  If the USPS can get a package to me, I have to believe that Brown can get your gift to you.  Ya gotta believe!

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #278 on: December 21, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

They'll find it.  You'll get a present and be surfing like crazy.  I thought the gifts I ordered wouldn't be here in time.  I called.  They said, Oh, you should get it any day.  (This was TUESDAY.)  I took a deep breath and didn't believe them.  The package arrived today.  And that was the US post office, I think.  If the USPS can get a package to me, I have to believe that Brown can get your gift to you.  Ya gotta believe!

Thanks, LilPuma. I sure hope you're right.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: December 21, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »

21 December:
The Dana Pretzer Show - Thursday, December 21st, 2006 - 9 PM - Guest Mike McIntyre (9:00 pm)

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/radio/

Mike McIntyre's website:

http://www.mikeoncrime.com/news/NPNewsPlus.asp

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.