April 28, 2024, 08:58:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #563 12/20 - 12/21/2006-DO NOT USE  (Read 91058 times)
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #380 on: December 21, 2006, 10:10:44 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Aruba should ask them for training. They need it.

Crossing my fingers here, but apparently Mom has been progressing since early afternoon. They are weaning her from the IV med that was to bring up her blood pressure. Guess with the first dose reduction, her bp went up within 5 minutes.  Shocked Makes me wonder if she was having a paradoical effect with that dose or med? Anyhoo, once she is weaned from it and can hold her  bp on her own, they will transfer her to a regular unit. Whoohoo! The nurse she has this evening told us that she had not been there since the night that Mom went into surgery, and she was surprised that she was progressing at this rate. There was a pause between the "surprised that she was" and the "progressing". I suspect what that nurse was really surprised about was that Mom is still alive. But she could not say that to us, if that's what she actually was thinking. When I first got there, my brother said that he was almost afraid to hope, and then he told me about her holding her own for the previous 8 hours. I woke my mother (she was moaning), asked her if she were in pain and she said "no". I told her that she was getting better, and might be on a regular floor by Christmas. When I went in one last time, she smiled a tiny bit when I kissed her cheek. So we've got our fingers crossed while holding them in prayer. All I want for Christmas is for my mother to live and recover.

I have not been online in a couple of days... Takes forever to catch up with you guys when I miss a day! Laughing

Justins, just read about your mother.  She will be in my prayers.  My dad had almost the exact situation about 10 yrs ago.  The diverticuli apparently ruptured, but they could not locate the bleeder.  They transfused several times to get BP up, but the increased BP made the bleeding start again.  They could not do the test to locate the bleeder due to all the blood in the colon.  He was very near death several times in a week.  They finally removed about half his colon, including all the diverticuli.  Once they stabilized his BP, he improved very quickly, and was back to normal within a month or so.  I hope your mom has the same good result from the surgery.  He has not had any serious after effects in 10 years.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #381 on: December 21, 2006, 10:13:41 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Interesting article on the website of Dana's guest tonight about a tape of sexual activity taken by a group of hockey players.  Seems this is a universal habit these days!   Shocked

http://tinyurl.com/wmg9l

Children today have grown up with videos, cd's, music videos, cell phone cameras and computers.  Everyone wants to be a reality tv star, even if it's only on their own camcorder.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #382 on: December 21, 2006, 10:16:11 PM »

Quote from: "Dana"
Another really good program by Dana.

And he has such wonderful, intelligent callers, too.   Laughing

Thank You and for sure on the 2nd part. Very Happy
A favour from everyone, if you enjoyed the interview drop around to my guests web page www.mikeoncrime.com send him a email and say thanks for being part of the show .

Dana

I did just email him. I am going to look at the book about
Constable Dennis Strongquill also. I have read some of Mike's articles in the Freep., but I have never listened to that radio station except when my parents were here. Peter Warren, he would just have his audience listening to his sermon every morning.  Laughing  Laughing
But did he have an audience ! ! They hung on every word.
TY, I am just laffing about this now.. How much FAITH people ( read the old folks ) had in the Peter guy.
Brought back a nice memory... old folks eating meals in the kitchen, Peter ranting and raving on the radio about something and everything. My Dad yelling back at him into the radio  !  My Dad never thought that he should pick up the phone and call in, talking back to the radio was good enuf !
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: December 21, 2006, 10:16:35 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Carpe's screen capture:

I just watched the same video and took a couple of screen shots of the same area.  I believe what we are seeing is a dog.

Much appreciate your posting the Carpe enhancement & your screen captures Klaas.  Now I see more decomposition.  Seems out of scale to my eyes to be other than human but I know my eyes are certainly not the best.  In Carpe enhancement that you show here I can now see the outline of almost an entire body lying on it's back.

Devil's Rock is evil covering up whether it is animal or human IMO.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #384 on: December 21, 2006, 10:17:36 PM »

Interesting article on the website of Dana's guest tonight about a tape of sexual activity taken by a group of hockey players.  Seems this is a universal habit these days!   Shocked

Landed four of them in the slammer, I see.  One girlfriend filming without permission, another rape and some questionable initiation practices.   Shocked

When did initiation ceremonies and that sort of thing become sexual!  Same thing or worse with a fraternity in Florida recently.  These kids have lost their collective minds or at least sense of decency.  Some things just have nothing at all to do with sex and should remain that way.   Evil or Very Mad

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: December 21, 2006, 10:20:02 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "Dana"
Another really good program by Dana.

And he has such wonderful, intelligent callers, too.   Laughing

Thank You and for sure on the 2nd part. Very Happy
A favour from everyone, if you enjoyed the interview drop around to my guests web page www.mikeoncrime.com send him a email and say thanks for being part of the show .

Dana

I did just email him. I am going to look at the book about
Constable Dennis Strongquill also. I have read some of Mike's articles in the Freep., but I have never listened to that radio station except when my parents were here. Peter Warren, he would just have his audience listening to his sermon every morning.  Laughing  Laughing
But did he have an audience ! ! They hung on every word.
TY, I am just laffing about this now.. How much FAITH people ( read the old folks ) had in the Peter guy.
Brought back a nice memory... old folks eating meals in the kitchen, Peter ranting and raving on the radio about something and everything. My Dad yelling back at him into the radio  !  My Dad never thought that he should pick up the phone and call in, talking back to the radio was good enuf !

Peter no longer does radio but he does investigative reporting his web page is www.peterwarren.ca
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: December 21, 2006, 10:21:20 PM »

Klaas, I was surprised also, so I made a smart move and gave it to DH for his birthday. Today. I bought him some new jeans the other night but bought them in my size. LOL But this was more personal because it had my picture on it. We did have to use the magnifier to see it. It was easy to find because you put me right by Tylergals rose.

I missed Dana because of company. Nice to hear you all talking about his show.

Justins Mama, Keeping you and your Mom in my prayers.

Bt , Just maybe Santa will still make it with your present.

Just a swinging with the tribe
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #387 on: December 21, 2006, 10:23:13 PM »

lexie~ Thank you for sharing the success that your father had with his surgery. I really do not like being this scared.

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: December 21, 2006, 10:26:05 PM »

The RCMP has a great history. They also go for two years training in the barracks in Regina. They are better trained than most city policemen these days. They are trying to attract University educated recruits and they really want women to apply. They are also at the present time
in Cambodia & Thailand for sure ( other countries too, but I do not know for sure which ones ) in an advisory capacity.

Aruba should ask them for training. They need it.

Crossing my fingers here, but apparently Mom has been progressing since early afternoon. They are weaning her from the IV med that was to bring up her blood pressure. Guess with the first dose reduction, her bp went up within 5 minutes.  Shocked Makes me wonder if she was having a paradoical effect with that dose or med? Anyhoo, once she is weaned from it and can hold her  bp on her own, they will transfer her to a regular unit. Whoohoo! The nurse she has this evening told us that she had not been there since the night that Mom went into surgery, and she was surprised that she was progressing at this rate. There was a pause between the "surprised that she was" and the "progressing". I suspect what that nurse was really surprised about was that Mom is still alive. But she could not say that to us, if that's what she actually was thinking. When I first got there, my brother said that he was almost afraid to hope, and then he told me about her holding her own for the previous 8 hours. I woke my mother (she was moaning), asked her if she were in pain and she said "no". I told her that she was getting better, and might be on a regular floor by Christmas. When I went in one last time, she smiled a tiny bit when I kissed her cheek. So we've got our fingers crossed while holding them in prayer. All I want for Christmas is for my mother to live and recover.

I am hoping and praying with you. I hope things continue to progress, but don't get discouraged if they don't continue steadily upward. I always say ICU is like a roller coaster ride, and sometimes you might take 2 steps foward and 1 step back but the direction is what counts.

Your Mom is probably on Levophed for BP( though Dobutamine and Dopamine are also used) it is a vasopressor. It maintains the BP so that blood will perfuse the vital organs, and sounds like she is weaning off it well. 48-72 hours after surgey, the body will usually start to mobilize fluids that it has held on to both prior to and during surgey. Have you noticed any puffiness of hands or face? Just as the ankle that breaks...swells, and the body that is burned gets edematous, both are the body's response to "attack" , so surgery is similar. These first 24 hours were critical...hopefully the next 24 will be stabilizing ones.......

My fingers are crossed. The support you and your family are able to give to your Mom are an invaluable medicine....keep up the good work.  Wink

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: December 21, 2006, 10:26:22 PM »

Still looks like a dog to me, on side or belly complete with tail and a possible leash off to the left.  Appears about one third the size of the adults in the photo which to my thinking is too small for an adult human.

But as we have all discussed before, we all see different things in the videos, like looking at the clouds.  If they were clear and something all could agree upon, they would likely be used as evidence, assuming of course there was actually an investigation.

But I do thank Carpe for bringing the photos forward even if I don't see what he does in them.  Still good to know and see for myself.  I appreciate his hard work in catching the stills and all the work he has done on this.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2006, 10:29:02 PM »

Is This the COVER-UP?
A drugged, assaulted Natalee was left on Arashi/Malmok Beach at one of the villa rentals?

"Something terrible happened to Natalee."

ANGELA MUNZENHOFER aka ScubaJap?
Wife of VASTY M.
Owners of the BUCCANEER Restaurant

ANGELA...ex-wife of the OCTOPUS' owner.
Possibly the "sunken boat cruise" the MB students took.

RUMORS have it, that the day charter, Octopus left that Monday morning & returned WEEKS later.

(Dinner at the Buccaneer was awful!)

Q: Does Julia Renfro own one of the villa rentals?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2006, 10:33:35 PM »

Justinsmama, I am glad to hear about your Mother.
Florida... ScubaJap is not who you said.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2006, 10:35:12 PM »

Just wanted to pop in & wish all the Monkeys a very Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.
Hope ya figure out what happened to Natalee while I am gone.

Justins glad to hear your Mom is hanging in there. She sounds like a fighter. Will keep her in my prayers & all our other Monkey families in need.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2006, 10:37:26 PM »

lexie~ Thank you for sharing the success that your father had with his surgery. I really do not like being this scared.

It is quite scary.  I remember how pale my dad was, and so weak... The only time the bleeding stopped was when his BP dropped so low they could not get readings.   He had 12 pints of blood in two days, but the increase in BP made the bleeding start again.  The doc would not even talk about surgery, because he was so weak.  He finally told them he did not want to bleed to death, just remove it all.  Once they stopped the bleeding and were able to stabilize the BP, however, he really made a rapid recovery.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2006, 10:39:09 PM »

I can see where it sort of looks like the hind quarters of a dog with a bushy tail.  But it could also be someone laying on their back with baggy knee-length shorts.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2006, 10:40:28 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"

Children today have grown up with videos, cd's, music videos, cell phone cameras and computers.  Everyone wants to be a reality tv star, even if it's only on their own camcorder.

You know, that is so true LilPuma.  My own used to do action adventures with their stuffed animals and action figures and even hot wheels.  One did school project in fifth grade with crashing hot wheels, even a fire!!   Shocked

Some of my fam could not believe I just let them play with the camcorder and back then was awkward two piece thing but I did.  I knew they were less likely to actually break it than I was because as you say, they were just born to these things.

We did have some interesting "episodes" of everything from the crashing hot wheels to starwars to a flying pickle and banana they had of long ago.
Very creative at times, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: December 21, 2006, 10:40:33 PM »

About 43 seconds into this video I notice in the lower left corner something that looks similar to me....but it just looks like a rock formation......though it is still unclear, see what you think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=128310175517863159&q=Chicago_510_8

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #397 on: December 21, 2006, 10:42:39 PM »

Quote from: "Florida"
Is This the COVER-UP?
A drugged, assaulted Natalee was left on Arashi/Malmok Beach at one of the villa rentals?

"Something terrible happened to Natalee."

ANGELA MUNZENHOFER aka ScubaJap?
Wife of VASTY M.
Owners of the BUCCANEER Restaurant

ANGELA...ex-wife of the OCTOPUS' owner.
Possibly the "sunken boat cruise" the MB students took.

RUMORS have it, that the day charter, Octopus left that Monday morning & returned WEEKS later.

(Dinner at the Buccaneer was awful!)

Q: Does Julia Renfro own one of the villa rentals?

http://arubansecrets.blogspot.com/2005/07/does-julia-renfro-have-vested-interest.html

crazybabyborg
« Reply #398 on: December 21, 2006, 10:46:03 PM »

Ho Ho Ho! Monkeys! Hey..........Do any of you remember the "bouncing Bum" Santa Picture from last year? Klaas let us post it, I think???
lexie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #399 on: December 21, 2006, 10:48:49 PM »

Justinsmama, I am glad to hear about your Mother.
Florida... ScubaJap is not who you said.

Scubajap was posting at FOB..At one time,  I seem to recall, she could not post much because she had a showing or was opening a shop or gallery.  There was a thread for her to post some of her work... cannot remember if they were paintings, photos or sculptures.  It would seem she may be a local artist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.