March 29, 2024, 02:17:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #154 12/16/09 - 1/19/10  (Read 379503 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1040 on: January 03, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »

And she's their star witness.  This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, but who else can they get?  If Baez puts this fruitcake on the stand, he's a fruitcake too.  Well, he is anyway.

Good moring Monkeys. Hope everyone has recovered fromt he holidays.
Can you imagine if he does put her on the stand?  The SA will have a field day with her in a SNAP.

I'm (for once) not being sarcastic, but unless Baez has had remedial, intense technique training I don't see how he could put anyone on the stand and walk away a winner.He can barely string a sentence together and has consistently  only managed the vague implication that he will explain all at the trial. Even in a relaxed , soft ball interview situation he stammers and sputters when brushing near any complicated question. Can you imagine him in a super charged courtroom scene? Unless there is some alter ego of his that is knowledgeable and competent I honestly can't see him questioning any witness on the stand. That being said, I realize he has a team but he has seemingly retained his title as lead atty. In my mind, team or no team, betcha a zillion dollars there will be a incompetent counsel allegation later on.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1041 on: January 03, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »

And she's their star witness.  This is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, but who else can they get?  If Baez puts this fruitcake on the stand, he's a fruitcake too.  Well, he is anyway.

Can you imagine if he does put her on the stand?  The SA will have a field day with her in a SNAP.

I'm (for once) not being sarcastic, but unless Baez has had remedial, intense technique training I don't see how he could put anyone on the stand and walk away a winner.He can barely string a sentence together and has consistently  only managed the vague implication that he will explain all at the trial. Even in a relaxed , soft ball interview situation he stammers and sputters when brushing near any complicated question. Can you imagine him in a super charged courtroom scene? Unless there is some alter ego of his that is knowledgeable and competent I honestly can't see him questioning any witness on the stand. That being said, I realize he has a team but he has seemingly retained his title as lead atty. In my mind, team or no team, betcha a zillion dollars there will be a incompetent counsel allegation later on.

I agree and the sad thing is she really does have incompetent counsel, IMO.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1042 on: January 03, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »

And if we, mere lay observers, can see it why can't the Fl. bar or Judge Strickland?  Seems like the judicial system is out of whack to sit back and let this fiasco snowball into the stratosphere, probably knowing that at some later date with another huge tax payer expense, go at it again. Maybe it can be diverted by showing that Casey herself chose her representation at all phases, but why would she cop to that when she could be the center of attention for several more years. Crazy stuff.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1043 on: January 03, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »

Mizjay Several attorneys have said that Baez doesn't know what he is doing.  I too can't understand why the FL Bar and Judge Strickland doesn't take some action to rectify the situation.  It seems to me that it would be highly unusual for a lawyer to have a judge file a complaint, but it just seems to make no difference.  Baez, like George and Cindy are covered with Teflon.

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: January 03, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »

Mizjay Several attorneys have said that Baez doesn't know what he is doing.  I too can't understand why the FL Bar and Judge Strickland doesn't take some action to rectify the situation.  It seems to me that it would be highly unusual for a lawyer to have a judge file a complaint, but it just seems to make no difference.  Baez, like George and Cindy are covered with Teflon.

BABYB  you are right. On my positive thinking days I poopoo the idea, knowing that they will not get away with the cra*p but  I bet they all skate. Maybe with a little dust on their a$$es but pretty much scot free and it really makes me sick.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1045 on: January 03, 2010, 05:41:18 PM »

And if we, mere lay observers, can see it why can't the Fl. bar or Judge Strickland?  Seems like the judicial system is out of whack to sit back and let this fiasco snowball into the stratosphere, probably knowing that at some later date with another huge tax payer expense, go at it again. Maybe it can be diverted by showing that Casey herself chose her representation at all phases, but why would she cop to that when she could be the center of attention for several more years. Crazy stuff.

I thought this was covered a couple of months ago?? Wasn't there something that Casey signed stating that no matter what, she wants Jose as her attorney?? Maybe I'm dreaming this, but I thought for sure State's Attorney covered their bases with the Ineffective counsel bullchit. Not wanting Casey to stick with Jose no matter what the outcry and then come whining later that oops she should have had a different (real) attorney that actually knows what they are doing. Anyone remember this??

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1046 on: January 03, 2010, 05:42:19 PM »

Yes, this is Sister Mary BooMonkey, spreading the love through Valentines Day!!   

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1047 on: January 03, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »

Yes, this is Sister Mary BooMonkey, spreading the love through Valentines Day!!   

SisterMary aka BOO    I won't show your avi to my Romeo, he would think all those hearts were treats, free treats...... his treats!

you're probably right about the Casey/atty thing but it always seems like there's a loophole in anything law related. I hope you remembered right.   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: January 03, 2010, 07:26:12 PM »

I thought this was covered a couple of months ago?? Wasn't there something that Casey signed stating that no matter what, she wants Jose as her attorney?? Maybe I'm dreaming this, but I thought for sure State's Attorney covered their bases with the Ineffective counsel bullchit. Not wanting Casey to stick with Jose no matter what the outcry and then come whining later that oops she should have had a different (real) attorney that actually knows what they are doing. Anyone remember this??

Hi Boo!

Yes, I remember!

I also think Strickland has made it a point to try to eliminate a mistrial in many steps along the way in the proceedings so far. That is one reason Casey has to be present at each of the proceedings.

JMO.

(I keep getting kicked out of the cage today! Bah!)

O/T: BOO, I left you a post at http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1046186#msg1046186 I just want to be sure you got an opportunity to look at it Wink

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1049 on: January 03, 2010, 08:14:14 PM »

Hi Boo!

Yes, I remember!

I also think Strickland has made it a point to try to eliminate a mistrial in many steps along the way in the proceedings so far. That is one reason Casey has to be present at each of the proceedings.

JMO.

(I keep getting kicked out of the cage today! Bah!)

O/T: BOO, I left you a post at http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1046186#msg1046186 I just want to be sure you got an opportunity to look at it Wink

I don't remember that, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  It seems to me, though, that since one cannot be held to a contract which restricts one's Constitutional rights, which is illegal in itself, such a statement/contract couldn't be enforced.  I think we are entitled to effective cousel no matter the circumstances.  I could certainly be wrong, though.  I just don't think we can give up our Constitutional rights even if we want to do so.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1050 on: January 03, 2010, 11:03:44 PM »

New article on "Casey's Predicament"

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1236
N2WISHN- Thanks for sharing this!  This has become one of my favorite sites for this case.  This was an excellent article, built on logic and reasoning.  Valhall states her case clearly and concisely here...made me do a little happy dance!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11:33 AM »

New article on "Casey's Predicament"

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1236

Quote from Maura (14th down in the comments section under this article):

"It is also my theory (based on phone traffic between Cindy and Casey between June 1 and June 16) that a violently explosive fight between Cindy and Casey took place during the weekend of June 7-8, and that is why Cindy connected that weekend with Casey’s departure from the Anthony house on June 16 even though Cindy did not visit the nursing home on June 8 (alone or with Caylee). I believe Cindy either issued an ultimatum to Casey on the night of July 15 or told Casey she had made a firm decision to get full custody of Caylee (which triggered the actions that led to Caylee’s death the following day), but the violent fight had taken place a week earlier. Cindy could be telling the truth that there was no violent fight on June 15. The only source we have for the fight is Jesse (who said he heard it from Lee), and Jesse didn’t provide a date for the fight.

Cindy and Caylee spent the entire day together on Sunday, June 15 and less than a week earlier on Monday, June 9, Casey and Caylee had spent the night with Ricardo, during which time Casey and Ricardo had sex. My hypothesis is that either Caylee saw something she wasn’t meant to see and told Cindy about it or Cindy asked Caylee a lot of questions on June 15 about where she and Casey went and what they did and realized from Caylee’s answers that Casey’s behavior confirmed Cindy’s opinion that Casey was an unfit mother. That led to an ultimatum issued by Cindy later that night or to a statement that she was resolved to take Caylee away from Casey, either of which could have triggered action that killed Caylee, and moreover, would provide a psychological explanation for the duct tape and creepy heart sticker."

I'm with Maura on the date issue here.  I think something did transpire on June 9th because in Cindy's mind June 9th initially was more memorable Cindy than the Father's Day visit (which, according to Cindy's subsequent depositions was so emotionally significant and memorable, being that her father's health was declining and she wanted Caylee to see him one last time, etc).  June 9th trumped Father's Day for a reason, IMO.  I'll go one further and venture to guess that Cindy may have contacted a counselor June 1st-June 9th or June 9th-June 13th/was gathering evidence to support seeking custody of Caylee/building momentum to confront Casey.  I also agree with Maura that, on June 15th, either Caylee inadvertently shared something that outraged Cindy or Cindy may have asked some probing questions that Casey innocently answered.  Either way, I firmly believe there was definitely a confrontation of some sort June 15th that triggered Casey's violent reprisal (IMO).

Also, Valhall has an interesting point about a lock on Casey's door.  It is her opinion Casey didn't kill Caylee at home June 15th p.m. or early June 16th because she would not have taken a chance on Cindy or George walking in and finding a dead Caylee.  However, I disagree that Cindy or George would have freely entered Casey's room .  Most parents who have an adult child living with them are careful to respect their child's privacy.  Being that Cindy and George had spent at least half of Casey's life afraid to confront or antagonize her, I don't think they would have just walked in on her (particularly if there had been a confrontation the previous night).  I'm also of the opinion that Casey would have felt perfectly safe killing Caylee in her room and staging the body as if Caylee were covered up sleeping.  Cindy admittedly didn't see Caylee June 16th.  As for George, if he did ask about her, I can see Casey saying something like, "She had a rough time last night/was up late/had  lot of trouble going to sleep.  I don't want to wake her up.  Let's just let her sleep, Dad."-and George buying it.  I can see Casey "going in to check on her" periodically through the morning and reporting her still sleeping.  I can also see George not ever seeing Caylee before he left for work in this scenario.  Parents tend to let their children sleep as long as they need to when the child is sick, exhausted, or suffered some traumatic event.  I would like to know if testing on the shirt could reveal the same rate of as the blanket.  The only problem I see with the scenario of Casey killing Caylee in her bedroom is the duct tape.  Is duct tape loud like packing tape when it's being unwound?  I can envision an enraged Casey leaving with Caylee after a fight and sneaking back during the night to get the duct tape.  I'm not 100% convinced though that the duct tape wasn't already in Casey's car and got returned to the shed when Casey "returned the gas cans", borrowed the neighbor's shovel, the trunk was cleaned, or when the car aired out...no one asked George or Cindy about that.  IMO,  I don't think George saw Caylee June 16th at all because he was so meticulous a month later in describing what Caylee was wearing, her hairstyle, and what he watched on t.v., and yet he failed to recall and relate specific personal interaction like he and Caylee having breakfast together with Caylee getting her own food?  Didn't happen, IMO.

I also wonder if Ricardo had any chloroform in his apartment on June 9th...not saying he did or didn't.  The whole "Win her over with chloroform" thing to him may have just seemed funny to him (in a sick sort of way).  JMO  Also, wonder if the mysterious key Lee found and was trying to identify was possibly to Ricardo's apartment (swiped by Casey).     

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: January 04, 2010, 12:12:57 AM »

Oops!  I did it again...was so busy mulling this stuff over, I forgot to say hello to my fellow monkeys.  I'm sorry.  Evening, all!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: January 04, 2010, 12:22:30 AM »

babybear-  I'm thinking you're correct in your assessment about our constitutional rights.  I seem to remember reading something along the same lines about the judicial system basically protecting a person from themselves.  While you can waive certain rights, the competency of counsel is a sticking point because of the ramifications.  In other words, if you willingly choose the absolute stupidest worst attorney, you still have the right to cry "incompetent counsel" and most likely will be awarded a new trial.  Fair?  Not exactly, but it is possible.      Basically, it's a safeguard in effect to protect ignorant people who may not be capable of distinguishing a good attorney from a poor one.

Forecast for the Day:
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1054 on: January 04, 2010, 12:27:51 AM »

Oops!  I did it again...was so busy mulling this stuff over, I forgot to say hello to my fellow monkeys.  I'm sorry.  Evening, all!

Hi, ISpy--- All of the above could have happened as you and Maura posit but I have a sort of different perspective on it.  I believe that Leonard Padilla  said that Lee told him that Cindy had her hands around Casey's throat and I think he said it was on June 15th.  I have always thought, and still do, that Cindy and Casey had a big fight on the night of the 15th because of Casey having stolen money from Cindy's mother's checking account and that Mrs. Plesea had told Cindy about it during dinner after the visit to the nursing home.  This does not, however, preclude a fight between Cindy and Casey the weekend before.

Of course it is all speculation and we could both be right or we could both be wrong.

ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: January 04, 2010, 01:34:19 AM »

Went back and read all the comments here http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1236 and several of them made me think.  What if Casey did storm out the night of June 15th with Caylee and kill her late that night-early June 16th?  What if she did return to the house, in the guise of getting things for work (in reality to pack a few things, as she knew she wouldn't be back)?  Could she have easily told George she & Caylee had spent the night at Zanny's and she'd just left Caylee there sleeping?  How else would one explain the absence of Caylee from 7:30-1?  I just don't believe George saw Caylee June 16th.  Which leads me another question...how do we know George was there the evening of June 15th-June 16th?  Out on a limb here, but if George was present for a Casey-Cindy confrontation, given our observations of his temper, I can't imagine him being an impassive *******.  With his admitted desire to repeatedly confront Casey about her lying (his depos), I find it hard to believe he wouldn't jump into the fray to either confront Casey or help Cindy.  I can see him doing that, being rebuked by Cindy, getting angry, and heading to a cheap motel for the night.  Just a thought.

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1056 on: January 04, 2010, 01:40:29 AM »

Hi, ISpy--- All of the above could have happened as you and Maura posit but I have a sort of different perspective on it.  I believe that Leonard Padilla  said that Lee told him that Cindy had her hands around Casey's throat and I think he said it was on June 15th.  I have always thought, and still do, that Cindy and Casey had a big fight on the night of the 15th because of Casey having stolen money from Cindy's mother's checking account and that Mrs. Plesea had told Cindy about it during dinner after the visit to the nursing home.  This does not, however, preclude a fight between Cindy and Casey the weekend before.

Of course it is all speculation and we could both be right or we could both be wrong.

Hey, Babybear!  For some reason, I thought the the stolen money from the Pleseas' account had happened long before this.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Maybe I've got the dates mixed up on this.  I was thinking Casey had stolen the routing  & transit numbers off her birthday check from Grandma & Grandpa back in March/April.  Anybody? That's why I've had the impression that the June 15th confrontation was about something else.  Of course, I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first or last time (although I wish that were not the case- hehe!).

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: January 04, 2010, 01:47:43 AM »

While it's always nice to glean info and hash out theories here, I need to run. Been up waaay too long sleuthing, in direct violation of a promise I made to not do this.    Am I the only one who seems to get sucked into this case?   
Hope you have a good evening/morning wherever you are.  Take good care!

Forecast for the Day:
jammsnana
Scared Monkey

One Day There WILL be JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

« Reply #1058 on: January 04, 2010, 03:00:26 AM »

Good Evening To all my Monkey Pals!! Look how cute Ms. Brandi made my baby monkey!!! She always does such a SUPER job of dressing all of us up for every holiday!!! I just love it!!   

As far as Casey telling her lies and all...IMO, she just tells lies so much she believes them..that is how she can continue..that and the fact that she has no conscience nor any morals..Her parents are to blame for that..It is my opinion that Casey killed Caylee the night of the 15th going into the 16th. I think she got mad following the confrontation with Cindy and left in a rage, more than likely screaming at Cindy that she would never see Caylee again!! And I think Caylee was hysterical from witnessing the argument..physical or not..and was crying uncontrollably. I believe Casey shut her up ..anyway she could..and Caylee died! I think the lie began at that moment..she convinced herself it did not happen and went on to be with Tony.And the rest is history! When Cindy found Casey, she was defiant..both about going home with Cindy and about producing Caylee..If she had been able to hide longer, we may never have found Caylee and she COULD have gotten off..The lies from the family are just unbelievably desperate and so unlikely...no one would believe it and I do not believe for a second that George and Cindy believe them either..unless they are just plain ole delusional.. I hope that JUSTICE is served all around in this case --in every part of it--even if the justice to G&C is that they have to live everyday with the thought that EVERYONE on the planet and beyond KNOWS their dirty little secrets and that they lie and that they are horrid parents...Just having to wake up everyday and know what the world thinks of you..and how badly they think of you..and having to face someone with every venture out of your house..ha-ha..it will be h*ll on earth!! Especially to such narcissistic people as them..Also, when this is over..and Casey is in PRISON..they have to eventually go to work at real jobs..it happens to everyone..they will have to know that people will always be snickering behind their backs and laughing at them and NO ONE will believe them ever again!!

"Justice For Caylee will come when the roll is called UP YONDER!!!"
jammsnana
Scared Monkey

One Day There WILL be JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!!!

« Reply #1059 on: January 04, 2010, 03:13:18 AM »

Hi again Monkeys!!

I just wanted to add my thoughts on one other thing...I do not believe Casey is mentally ill....It was said that she has had numerous psych evaluations during her time in jail..as far as I know, and per her family..she has no mental health issues..of course, we all know she has a screw loose somewhere, as she could not kill her daughter if she did not, but..no history of mental health issues..I know I heard Cindy state that in videos early on..so then we have to consider if she did have issues but they were ignored so no one outside the family would know...hmm..that sounds like the correct answer to me! What do you guys think?

"Justice For Caylee will come when the roll is called UP YONDER!!!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.