March 29, 2024, 09:16:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #154 12/16/09 - 1/19/10  (Read 379524 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »

also from the previous thread

Sunny asked:

OK...I am confused I think...JS denied the motion to have the video tapes destroyed...but what about video taping family visits and releasing them under the Sunshine Law??

Sunny I think the video visits were part of the destroying videos motion - so it is denied.

I think so too.

When the County addressed the motion made by the defense they lumped everything in one as well.  I agree No/Denied  means No/Denied and the whole thing is shot down.

thanks...I just found them...in pdf  of course!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2009, 04:33:34 PM »

Casey Anthony: Defense team suffers setbacks

“These [decisions] are not good news for the Anthony legal team — the theme here is denied,” WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski said this afternoon.

Judge Stan Strickland today rejected two motions by Casey Anthony’s legal team. The developments opened the 4 p.m. news on WESH.

WESH’s Bob Kealing explained that Strickland denied the defense’s motion that nine of 13 check-fraud charges should be dismissed because they constituted double jeopardy. The result: Anthony will face trial Jan. 25 on all 13 counts.

Strickland also denied the defense’s motion that tapes of Anthony’s family visits  be destroyed. But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked. George and Cindy Anthony have not seen their daughter in 14 months and told the “Today” this week that they don’t go to the Orange County Jail because the visits are picked apart by the public and the media.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Kealing said that Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez had said Friday that he expected not to win on the motions. “And he was right,” Kealing added.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/12/casey-anthony-defense-team-suffers-setbacks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

BBM.

So why does he continually waste everyone's time with these ridiculous motions?

Just wondering.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2009, 04:35:17 PM »

September 17, 2009 Defendant's Motion for a Protective Order Prohibiting Orange County Jail from Videotaping Attorney Visits

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/11483983/NO-video-taping-of-attorney-and-client
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2009, 04:35:31 PM »

The state needs to wallpaper that courtroom with pics of Caylee and play videos like these on a loop ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-1m8RGDUJ8

Casey, how could you? 
Aww, she was the cutest thing! Reminds me of my daughter when she was little! 
Caylee should be almost 4 1/2 now, and starting Kindergarten next year!

RIP Sweet Puppy
bowtiegirl
Scared Monkey

Careful Of What You Wish For, It Might Come True!

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »

Hello Monkeys!   It has been so long since I have posted anything, but with the great news, I just have to send a greeting to all!
I enjoy reading your comments and all the brilliant insights on this case.  I am also grateful all the important updates and information.  I my not post often, but I am always around and checking on the monkeys.  Such a fantastic group of people who love Caylee and want justice, I am so proud.
Judge Strickland is my hero!
Can you hear that gavel?  DENIED-

Dear Santa,  All I want for Christmas is justice for Caylee!    

Blessed Holiday to all!

When one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.  ~Lamartine
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

“These [decisions] are not good news for the Anthony legal team — the theme here is denied,” WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski said this afternoon.

Judge Stan Strickland today rejected two motions by Casey Anthony’s legal team. The developments opened the 4 p.m. news on WESH.

WESH’s Bob Kealing explained that Strickland denied the defense’s motion that nine of 13 check-fraud charges should be dismissed because they constituted double jeopardy. The result: Anthony will face trial Jan. 25 on all 13 counts.

Strickland also denied the defense’s motion that tapes of Anthony’s family visits  be destroyed. But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked. George and Cindy Anthony have not seen their daughter in 14 months and told the “Today” this week that they don’t go to the Orange County Jail because the visits are picked apart by the public and the media.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Kealing said that Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez had said Friday that he expected not to win on the motions. “And he was right,” Kealing added.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/12/casey-anthony-defense-team-suffers-setbacks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

oh ...I am taking all my dances and hopping back for now....

But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »

Brought over from previous thread:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/

Timeline Update – 12/16/09

Posted on December 16th, 2009 by by Valhall

Hi tupelo!  thanks!!
What I found interesting here is the mention about the driver's license and AD's ticket not having any merit to this story. Blink is on it though.....so now I wait for this answer too! 

Do you have any idea what report from TP she is talking about??

Change notes:  First off, I removed all references to ZG22 and AD’s tickets, because after learning of Tony Pipitone’s investigation into this matter, I became convinced that ZG22 has nothing to do with this case – nor does AD’s tickets.  I have saved all the entries that were in the timeline concerning these two incidences in case I am proven wrong.

Not really....I think he has done a few timelines from the cell pings. What was the date these tickets were handed out...March or May 2008?  Did we have her cell records from back then?

tupelo I don't know but if trim is here she will...she has the memory of a herd of elephants!!!

Here is an article referencing Pipitone.
http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/11/14/cell-phone-dead-zones-may-hinder-investigation-in-casey-anthony-case/

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2009, 04:42:24 PM »

Hello Monkeys!   It has been so long since I have posted anything, but with the great news, I just have to send a greeting to all!
I enjoy reading your comments and all the brilliant insights on this case.  I am also grateful all the important updates and information.  I my not post often, but I am always around and checking on the monkeys.  Such a fantastic group of people who love Caylee and want justice, I am so proud.

Blessed Holiday to all!

Hi bowtiegirl!

Great post. Post more often!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2009, 04:46:32 PM »

BBM.

Just wondering.

Me too.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2009, 04:48:38 PM »

BBM.

Just wondering.
http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthonyblog/index.html

**snipped**
In discussing this case and the complex appellate process with  “go to” criminal appellate lawyer, Terrance Kehoe who practices in Orlando, Florida, the defense motions under discussion here are the types of motions filed by criminal trial lawyers in most “death cases”.  Although lawyers may disagree as to the merits of the various motions at this time, they are filed in order to preserve the issue (or argument) for the many appeals that follow.  We are mindful that although the current status of the law may not support these motions today, the law is always evolving and changing, meaning what may seem a frivolous argument now, could, in fact, be the status of the law sometime in the future. And, should the law change in favor of the arguments advanced in these various motions, it may well be an argument put forth in one of these motions that saves Casey Anthony from lethal injection.
**snipped**

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »

BBM.

Just wondering.

**snipped**
In discussing this case and the complex appellate process with  “go to” criminal appellate lawyer, Terrance Kehoe who practices in Orlando, Florida, the defense motions under discussion here are the types of motions filed by criminal trial lawyers in most “death cases”.  Although lawyers may disagree as to the merits of the various motions at this time, they are filed in order to preserve the issue (or argument) for the many appeals that follow.  We are mindful that although the current status of the law may not support these motions today, the law is always evolving and changing, meaning what may seem a frivolous argument now, could, in fact, be the status of the law sometime in the future. And, should the law change in favor of the arguments advanced in these various motions, it may well be an argument put forth in one of these motions that saves Casey Anthony from lethal injection.
**snipped**

That was fast! Thanks, lovinlife!!

Still seems like a huge waste of time to me.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:01 PM »

Thanks Lovin 
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 04:54:45 PM »

BBM.

Just wondering.

Me too.

I think he is so ridiculous that he doesn't know he is ridiculous and his motions are ridiculous.  JIMO

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »

Thanks Lovin 
YW, I read it yesterday and thought it sounded like the (C)over (M)y (A)rse way. Monkey Devil!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

I snipped out probably a better explanation:

In view of the foregoing, I’ll leave you with an adage which I think applies to these defense motions:  Throw a thousand rocks in the ocean, and you may just hit a fish.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2009, 05:03:10 PM »

also from the previous thread

Sunny asked:

OK...I am confused I think...JS denied the motion to have the video tapes destroyed...but what about video taping family visits and releasing them under the Sunshine Law??

Sunny I think the video visits were part of the destroying videos motion - so it is denied.

thanks mission, I couldn't remember if it was all lumped into one motion and the order just mentions destroying the tapes...so I was SKEERED!!!  I so do not want the A's to get their way on this!!!
LOL I was skeered to for a minute and then for some reason my brain remembered and that in itself is unusual. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2009, 05:11:12 PM »

Blessed Holiday to all!

Hi Bowie.....don't stay away so long..Justice is what we all want!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »

I was trying to post about that video and didn't realize the thread had changed so seeing as how I don't know how to bring it over....... seems a little strange that this one video  is so much better than any she's ever done. So polished, so lacking her usual trademark stupid stuff, so timely that right as she was poised to "eye witness"  things to save the day. All the pics, very personal, obviously a gift from the A's. WHY?  Who orchestrated it?  Not trying to be a debbiedowner about a sweet look at Caylee but I smell Anthony all over this.

Is this the right one?:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CywucQwG7kY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/CywucQwG7kY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

There are no new "unseen" pictures in this video. All of them are available on various websites.
Besides that Cindy would never just give someone free pictures of Caylee, when she thinks she can get more green-backs from the media.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »

Judge Denies 2 Casey Anthony Defense Motions
Posted: 2:13 pm EST December 16, 2009
Updated: 4:52 pm EST December 16, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla.-- A judge ruled Wednesday on three of the motions that came up during Friday’s emotional Casey Anthony hearing. In two of them, he ruled against the defense.

This time, Judge Stan Strickland denied defense motions without any kind of explanation. He refused to drop nine of the charges Casey faces for stealing and cashing her best friend's checks (read ruling) and refused to order the destruction of jail videos (read ruling), which are public records.

The Orange County jail videotaped Casey Anthony's visits with her family and the public records have been broadcast all over the world. Some of the videos aren't so flattering to Casey and the defense says the cameras have kept her family away for more than a year.

The defense also claims Casey's being treated unfairly, because she faces multiple charges for each check she stole and cashed and wanted the judge to drop nine of them.

Judge Strickland said no to both requests without giving reasons.

“The less merit a judge finds in a motion, the more likely a judge is just going to deny it without explanation,” WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer said.

During last Friday's hearing, the judge indicated the defense wants him to make new laws for Casey's benefit.

“Aren't you asking me to reinvent the wheel?” Judge Strickland questioned.

“It's not his job as a trial judge and he's not gonna do it,” Sheaffer said.

Casey appeared to cry Friday as the defense tried to argue for family jail visits without cameras and for a murder case without the death penalty to get what they called more "open-minded" jurors. But, when it was about Caylee, when prosecutors surprised everyone with their theory of how Casey would have had to have somehow restrained the 3-year-old to stop her from pulling three pieces of duct tape from her nose and mouth so she could breathe, Casey's cold, steely expression changed only after words from defense attorney Jose Baez. Even then, no tears were visible.

“Either she needs to hone her acting skills or she needs to just be herself,” Sheaffer said.

The judge granted the prosecution's motion to seal an illegal recording made by an EquuSearch volunteer of his interview with defense investigators (read ruling). Apparently, he told the defense and prosecutors two different things about whether he searched the same woods months before Caylee's remains were found there.

The judge has yet to rule on the death penalty and whether the Anthonys can visit without jail cameras.
http://www.wftv.com/news/21984104/detail.html

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »

oh ...I am taking all my dances and hopping back for now....

But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked
I am very confused by this to Sunny - where in his denial did he put a stipulation?  A denial is a denial. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.