April 25, 2024, 09:11:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #154 12/16/09 - 1/19/10  (Read 380859 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2009, 05:43:43 PM »

Judge Denies 2 Casey Anthony Defense Motions
Posted: 2:13 pm EST December 16, 2009
Updated: 4:52 pm EST December 16, 2009
ORLANDO, Fla.-- A judge ruled Wednesday on three of the motions that came up during Friday’s emotional Casey Anthony hearing. In two of them, he ruled against the defense.

This time, Judge Stan Strickland denied defense motions without any kind of explanation. He refused to drop nine of the charges Casey faces for stealing and cashing her best friend's checks (read ruling) and refused to order the destruction of jail videos (read ruling), which are public records.

The Orange County jail videotaped Casey Anthony's visits with her family and the public records have been broadcast all over the world. Some of the videos aren't so flattering to Casey and the defense says the cameras have kept her family away for more than a year.

The defense also claims Casey's being treated unfairly, because she faces multiple charges for each check she stole and cashed and wanted the judge to drop nine of them.

Judge Strickland said no to both requests without giving reasons.

“The less merit a judge finds in a motion, the more likely a judge is just going to deny it without explanation,” WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer said.

During last Friday's hearing, the judge indicated the defense wants him to make new laws for Casey's benefit.

“Aren't you asking me to reinvent the wheel?” Judge Strickland questioned.

“It's not his job as a trial judge and he's not gonna do it,” Sheaffer said.

Casey appeared to cry Friday as the defense tried to argue for family jail visits without cameras and for a murder case without the death penalty to get what they called more "open-minded" jurors. But, when it was about Caylee, when prosecutors surprised everyone with their theory of how Casey would have had to have somehow restrained the 3-year-old to stop her from pulling three pieces of duct tape from her nose and mouth so she could breathe, Casey's cold, steely expression changed only after words from defense attorney Jose Baez. Even then, no tears were visible.

“Either she needs to hone her acting skills or she needs to just be herself,” Sheaffer said.

The judge granted the prosecution's motion to seal an illegal recording made by an EquuSearch volunteer of his interview with defense investigators (read ruling). Apparently, he told the defense and prosecutors two different things about whether he searched the same woods months before Caylee's remains were found there.

The judge has yet to rule on the death penalty and whether the Anthonys can visit without jail cameras.
http://www.wftv.com/news/21984104/detail.html
I think I just answered my own confusion - geeesh I guess we are still waiting for more rulings and of course on the 2 biggies. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2009, 05:45:56 PM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2009/12/judge-denies-casey-anthony-req.html
WDBO Local News      
Judge denies Casey Anthony request for private jail visits
By
Drew Petrimoulx
@ December 16, 2009 2:48 PM Permalink | Comments (2)
Judge Stan Strickland has denied a request by Casey Anthony's defense to stop the Orange County Jail from releasing video recordings when friends visit her.
On the Today Show Tuesday, the Anthonys said they hoped the motion would be granted.

Judge Strickland also refused to throw out charges in Casey's check fraud case.

H did grant a motion by the State to block the release of an illegally recorded interview with Joe Jordan, who helped search for Caylee's body.

As anticipated on every motion, a win, win win for justice on the way!   Cue music  ITS HAMMER TIME!      Get ready for the big one, it will be a DENIED before the Christmas break.   "Stan the man" you rock!    Bozo & Bison, get a clue!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla.-- A judge ruled Wednesday on three of the motions that came up during Friday’s emotional Casey Anthony hearing. In two of them, he ruled against the defense.

This time, Judge Stan Strickland denied defense motions without any kind of explanation. He refused to drop nine of the charges Casey faces for stealing and cashing her best friend's checks (read ruling) and refused to order the destruction of jail videos (read ruling), which are public records.

The Orange County jail videotaped Casey Anthony's visits with her family and the public records have been broadcast all over the world. Some of the videos aren't so flattering to Casey and the defense says the cameras have kept her family away for more than a year.

The defense also claims Casey's being treated unfairly, because she faces multiple charges for each check she stole and cashed and wanted the judge to drop nine of them.

“The less merit a judge finds in a motion, the more likely a judge is just going to deny it without explanation,” WFTV legal expert Bill Sheaffer said.

During last Friday's hearing, the judge indicated the defense wants him to make new laws for Casey's benefit.

“Aren't you asking me to reinvent the wheel?” Judge Strickland questioned.    Im on record stating that this comment was an indication on how he would rule

Casey appeared to cry Friday as the defense tried to argue for family jail visits without cameras and for a murder case without the death penalty to get what they called more "open-minded" jurors. But, when it was about Caylee, when prosecutors surprised everyone with their theory of how Casey would have had to have somehow restrained the 3-year-old to stop her from pulling three pieces of duct tape from her nose and mouth so she could breathe, Casey's cold, steely expression changed only after words from defense attorney Jose Baez. Even then, no tears were visible.

“Either she needs to hone her acting skills or she needs to just be herself,” Sheaffer said.

The judge granted the prosecution's motion to seal an illegal recording made by an EquuSearch volunteer of his interview with defense investigators (read ruling). Apparently, he told the defense and prosecutors two different things about whether he searched the same woods months before Caylee's remains were found there.

The judge has yet to rule on the death penalty and whether the Anthonys can visit without jail cameras.
I think I just answered my own confusion - geeesh I guess we are still waiting for more rulings and of course on the 2 biggies. 

N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »

“Aren't you asking me to reinvent the wheel?” Judge Strickland questioned.    Im on record stating that this comment was an indication on how he would rule

Isn’t there a motion for JB to have atty visits with KC that are not video taped? If I recall correctly, the school room they meet in has video equipment running minus the audio…….I remember it being mentioned that he could just request a different room without the video equipment but don’t think that settled the issue.
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2009, 06:00:27 PM »

Casey Anthony: Defense team suffers setbacks

“These [decisions] are not good news for the Anthony legal team — the theme here is denied,” WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski said this afternoon.

Judge Stan Strickland today rejected two motions by Casey Anthony’s legal team. The developments opened the 4 p.m. news on WESH.

WESH’s Bob Kealing explained that Strickland denied the defense’s motion that nine of 13 check-fraud charges should be dismissed because they constituted double jeopardy. The result: Anthony will face trial Jan. 25 on all 13 counts.

Strickland also denied the defense’s motion that tapes of Anthony’s family visits  be destroyed. But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked. George and Cindy Anthony have not seen their daughter in 14 months and told the “Today” this week that they don’t go to the Orange County Jail because the visits are picked apart by the public and the media.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Kealing said that Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez had said Friday that he expected not to win on the motions. “And he was right,” Kealing added.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/12/casey-anthony-defense-team-suffers-setbacks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

oh ...I am taking all my dances and hopping back for now....

But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked

You know I was just thinking to myself so okay the A's won't go visit cause of all the taping then releasing to media..well then what do they think will happen after she is sentenced if presumed guilty..do they think that we will let up on this story I don't think so there are tons of us Monkey's here that will want to see if she EVER admits some sort of guilt and all we have to do is request it due to the sunshine laws in FL..so my message to the A's don't think that just cause this is some "hot" story that it will go away even if your daughter is guilty and finds herself in jail and you go to visit it will be taped and WE WILL request it!!!  So A's are you NEVER going to see your daughter?? That's the question I'd would ask!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »

I love it that Sheaffer also thought it was all an act.  I don't think that Baez tapped her on the shoulder to whisper sweet nothings in her ear.  I think he told her to cry.  I think she gave it the old college try, but couldn't squeeze out a tear so she hid her face behind her hair and Lyon's ample arm.  "Make him stop!"  Yeah, I guess Caylee wanter her mother to stop, too, as she was applying the duct tape.

IMO everything any of the Anthonys do is an act.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2009, 06:13:46 PM »

“These [decisions] are not good news for the Anthony legal team — the theme here is denied,” WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski said this afternoon.

Judge Stan Strickland today rejected two motions by Casey Anthony’s legal team. The developments opened the 4 p.m. news on WESH.

WESH’s Bob Kealing explained that Strickland denied the defense’s motion that nine of 13 check-fraud charges should be dismissed because they constituted double jeopardy. The result: Anthony will face trial Jan. 25 on all 13 counts.

Strickland also denied the defense’s motion that tapes of Anthony’s family visits  be destroyed. But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked. George and Cindy Anthony have not seen their daughter in 14 months and told the “Today” this week that they don’t go to the Orange County Jail because the visits are picked apart by the public and the media.

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Kealing said that Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez had said Friday that he expected not to win on the motions. “And he was right,” Kealing added.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2009/12/casey-anthony-defense-team-suffers-setbacks.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

But the judge hasn’t decided whether future tapes of any Anthony family visits might be blocked

You know I was just thinking to myself so okay the A's won't go visit cause of all the taping then releasing to media..well then what do they think will happen after she is sentenced if presumed guilty..do they think that we will let up on this story I don't think so there are tons of us Monkey's here that will want to see if she EVER admits some sort of guilt and all we have to do is request it due to the sunshine laws in FL..so my message to the A's don't think that just cause this is some "hot" story that it will go away even if your daughter is guilty and finds herself in jail and you go to visit it will be taped and WE WILL request it!!!  So A's are you NEVER going to see your daughter?? That's the question I'd would ask!

I think it's all a load of "carp." I don't think the Anthonys do not visit because of videotaping at all.

I think Casey refuses to see them. And she can keep refusing til she dies.

JMO.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2009, 06:17:24 PM »

“Aren't you asking me to reinvent the wheel?” Judge Strickland questioned.

I love me some Bill Schaeffer..yeehaw

I just hope and pray JS will deny the other motions as well!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »

I am very confused by this to Sunny - where in his denial did he put a stipulation?  A denial is a denial. 

Mission I am confused as well.....were there 2 separate orders to the motion...oh lordy I am going to have to go back and look again!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2009, 06:30:01 PM »

I think it's all a load of "carp." I don't think the Anthonys do not visit because of videotaping at all.

JMO.

Brandi, that is MO as well.   

Rest in Peace Caylee

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2009, 06:36:07 PM »

JMO.

Brandi, that is MO as well.   

I agree and I think Baez is sort of a Svengali--telling Casey not to see her parents and he knows what is best for her. I think Casey is enamoured of him and will do whatever he says.  I also think that if George and Cindy visit her, especially Cindy, Casey will not be able to control herself and neither will Cindy.  Casey will screw up her face like a lemon and clinch her fists and threaten to leave.  Cindy will beg.  George will act goofy with his chairman of the board nonsense.  Not good.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2009, 06:40:06 PM »

I think Casey has no desire to see either one of them and has made her own mind up to this, without Baez' influence. Like everyone else in her life, he has a purpose, but that's all.
Meanwhile the Anthonys like to pretend everything between them and Casey is just wonderful, as it always has been....
CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »

Best news I have had all day!  DENIED 

Thanks everyone for those adorable pictures of Caylee. Hard to believe she would be almost 4 1/2.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest, was busy most of the afternoon and just getting caught up.

YES, VIRGINIA THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS AND THERE IS A GOD.

I am still waiting on the big ones. But this is the best Christmas present ever.

MERRY CHRISTMAS CAYLEE MARIE.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2009, 08:10:14 PM »

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

Casey Anthony’s Body Language in Recent Court Appearance Looks Like the Fake Tears and Emotion of Sociopath
December 16, 2009

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2009, 08:15:49 PM »

Casey Anthony’s Body Language in Recent Court Appearance Looks Like the Fake Tears and Emotion of Sociopath
December 16, 2009
Thanks, an interesting read.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »

December 16, 2009
Thanks, an interesting read.

Yes, thanks, tupelo. Interesting indeed.

From the article:
When Casey Anthony sat in the courtroom, was listening to all the horrible things she allegedly did to her little daughter Cayley, by the prosecutor she showed flashes of anger and nervousness in her facial expression. This is exactly the facial and body language the sociopaths show when they are busted!

For Casey, like most of those who exhibit sociopathic tendencies, there is no remorse whatsoever .There is only the anger that she got caught, is confined, and may possibly be facing the death penalty for something with she thought she could get away.

We monkeys were onto her as it was unfolding!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2009, 08:37:02 PM »

December 16, 2009

YES!  thanks tupelo...this validates what we saw!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »

Isn’t there a motion for JB to have atty visits with KC that are not video taped? If I recall correctly, the school room they meet in has video equipment running minus the audio…….I remember it being mentioned that he could just request a different room without the video equipment but don’t think that settled the issue.
well why would baez not want his visists with casey video taped! unless he doesnt want to be repremended for touching her!! its ovious he is smitten!~!

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2009, 08:46:30 PM »

I think Casey has no desire to see either one of them and has made her own mind up to this, without Baez' influence. Like everyone else in her life, he has a purpose, but that's all.
Meanwhile the Anthonys like to pretend everything between them and Casey is just wonderful, as it always has been....
baez is the one trying to keep the anthonys away from casey! I mean figure it!! casey may slip and tell she is doing baez! he doesnt want this confirmed. I also think he is controlling because he has got it in his head that he is in control he is power happy!! he wants to keep everyone away from her.

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.