April 24, 2024, 01:19:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #828 1/28/10 - 2/14/10  (Read 997171 times)
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1420 on: February 12, 2010, 10:34:12 AM »

I don't think she will stay.  I think she will go wherever Paulus is buried.

I agree Bearly!
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1421 on: February 12, 2010, 10:36:01 AM »

Hello Monkeys!  Here to gloat shamelessly!

ANITA - What were your first words when you heard the news?  Probably the same as Beth's.  "What happened?"  You got your question answered.

PAULUS - Bet you're sweating your azz off now.  Not due to keeping the secrets, but because now they are REVEALED.  You may have fooled the Aruban authorities, but the Authority That Counts is not fooled.  Burn and rot. 

Hiya wingnut!  So good to see you!!! 

Yes, Anita did get her question answered.  She will be able to grieve completely, and put her loved one to rest.

Beth and Dave deserve that also.

Do you wonder how the cause of death was determined so quickly?  No autopsy?  I do.  Do you also wonder why no pics of his dead body in their papers (not that I've ever wanted to see those), like they've done with most dead bodies?  Do you also wonder why the extremely quick decision on cremation?  Word has it they are already on their way to the NL with the body.

In the states, he would have been a coroner's case.  Sudden death can be heart (not necessarily a heart attack), aneurysm, aortic dissection, stroke, drugs....etc.  Unless he had been under the care of a physician, for a disease that could have caused death, he would have been a coroner's case. Stress in and of itself, is not a risk factor.  Hostility (people that look nice but are really angry and evil) is a risk factor.  Hope Anita gets checked out.

Well according to Renho he was healthy, and this death was sudden and unexpected.  If that is the case, were I in Anita's shoes, I would have insisted on an autopsy to determine what happened.

In the states, she wouldn't have had a choice.  The body could not be released without the coroner's ok.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1422 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »

I don't think she will stay.  I think she will go wherever Paulus is buried.

I agree Bearly!

After he's cremated, his ashes could be dispersed.  When things were tough, she sent the younger boys to the states.   
wingnut
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1423 on: February 12, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »

You are correct.  All creditor claims would be paid and then any remaining assets would be distributed according to the contents of the will (if any) and the remainder to the next of kin (if any).

If any remaining assets, or if any remaining kin?     Had to ask...

Good point.  Both.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1424 on: February 12, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »

Wow, Renfro drunk as a skunk. 

And the phony accent!  What is it supposed to be?  Aruban?  Dutch?  Sure not American.

I think it's the dialect of Vodka maybe on the boarder of Rum 

I'm trying to be good and not sign on from work but Klaas is making it very hard.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1425 on: February 12, 2010, 10:44:18 AM »

Good morning, everyone.  The first sentence in this AP report stood out...

Report: Father of Holloway suspect dies in Aruba
dm/kfk Dm/kfk Thu Feb 11, 8:59 pm ET

ORANJESTAD, Aruba – The father of the only remaining suspect in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway has died in Aruba.

The Aruban newspaper Diario reported Thursday that Paul van der Sloot, 57, died of a heart attack on the Dutch island in the Caribbean. The paper's Web site says he collapsed late Wednesday after playing tennis and was declared dead at a hospital.

Van der Sloot's son Joran has been characterized by Aruban prosecutors as the only suspect in the case. No charges have been filed.

Holloway, from Mountain Brook, Alabama, was 18 when she was last seen leaving a bar in the Aruban capital on the final night of a high school graduation trip. No trace of her has ever been found.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100212/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/cb_aruba_missing_teen_1/print

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1426 on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:53 AM »

Will secrets die with key figure in Holloway case?

All today's papers report the death of Paul van der Sloot, whose son Joran was the main suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on Aruba in 2005. AD goes into the most depth with the headline "The secret of Natalee Holloway will go to the grave with Paul van der Sloot". It's a quote from Peter R. de Vries, the TV crime reporter who produced a high-profile hidden camera investigation into the case. He tells the paper "I'm absolutely convinced that Paul knew more and that he helped his son that night."

AD also speaks to Natalee Holloway's father, Dave, who hopes that Paul van der Sloot's death might cause new information to surface: "For 4.5 years he checked all the information that came out about the case. Who knows, perhaps all that stress surrounding Joran became too much for him ... Paul can no longer tell us what happened. We can only hope that someone else will dare to come forward now that he's no longer here."

Paul van der Sloot collapsed on the tennis court, probably felled by a heart attack at the relatively young age of 57. His family is declining to comment in the press, stating simply: "We have no desire to stir up the past." They are giving no details of the funeral for fear of attracting too much media attention.

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/dutch-rss-news/press-review-friday-12-february-2010_23893.html
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1427 on: February 12, 2010, 10:49:56 AM »

Buckeye - agreed.  I just find it a bit strange.  It's just not sitting right with me.
Who determined it was a heart attack?  The same people who said blood was chocolate nearly 5 years ago?
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1428 on: February 12, 2010, 10:52:57 AM »

All today's papers report the death of Paul van der Sloot, whose son Joran was the main suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway on Aruba in 2005. AD goes into the most depth with the headline "The secret of Natalee Holloway will go to the grave with Paul van der Sloot". It's a quote from Peter R. de Vries, the TV crime reporter who produced a high-profile hidden camera investigation into the case. He tells the paper "I'm absolutely convinced that Paul knew more and that he helped his son that night."

AD also speaks to Natalee Holloway's father, Dave, who hopes that Paul van der Sloot's death might cause new information to surface: "For 4.5 years he checked all the information that came out about the case. Who knows, perhaps all that stress surrounding Joran became too much for him ... Paul can no longer tell us what happened. We can only hope that someone else will dare to come forward now that he's no longer here."

Paul van der Sloot collapsed on the tennis court, probably felled by a heart attack at the relatively young age of 57. His family is declining to comment in the press, stating simply: "We have no desire to stir up the past." They are giving no details of the funeral for fear of attracting too much media attention.

http://www.expatica.com/nl/news/dutch-rss-news/press-review-friday-12-february-2010_23893.html

Dave, that is my most sincere hope as well.  I believe the chances are good.

Northern Rose, thank you for this article.

I find it interesting that this article states Paulus was probably felled by a heart attack.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1429 on: February 12, 2010, 10:55:01 AM »

Found this yesterday and did not get a chance to finish reading.  It's 3 pages...

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_08/b4167046022885.htm?campaign_id=rss_null

A Caribbean Tax Holiday for U.S. Businesses
The IRS is investigating how $100 billion a year in credit-card receipts are escaping U.S. sales and income taxes in locales like Aruba and St. Kitts
By Jessica Silver-Greenberg

-snipped-

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1430 on: February 12, 2010, 10:56:19 AM »

The house of cards is doing what Art Wood predicted it would.  It is beginning to crumble.  The top card has fallen.

Which one will be next?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1431 on: February 12, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »

I find it interesting that this article states Paulus was probably felled by a heart attack.

My bet is on poison, but it does not matter as long as he is really dead.  The family can save money on funeral services and have Joran  can push him out in the ocean on a boat as he is good at making sure bodies are never found.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1432 on: February 12, 2010, 10:57:27 AM »

Found this yesterday and did not get a chance to finish reading.  It's 3 pages...

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_08/b4167046022885.htm?campaign_id=rss_null

A Caribbean Tax Holiday for U.S. Businesses
The IRS is investigating how $100 billion a year in credit-card receipts are escaping U.S. sales and income taxes in locales like Aruba and St. Kitts
By Jessica Silver-Greenberg

-snipped-

I wonder if this pressure is what's causing Aruba to finally point out their own corruption and laundering in their banking system?
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1433 on: February 12, 2010, 11:00:43 AM »

My bet is on poison, but it does not matter as long as he is really dead.  The family can save money on funeral services and have Joran  can push him out in the ocean on a boat as he is good at making sure bodies are never found.

I'm wondering about that myself.  The timing is far too convenient for it to be coincidental.  The Kalpoes have been ordered to appear in CA for depositions.  The vd Straten investigation has been completed.

But NoRose, I do believe it matters how he died.  And I think it should matter very much to the Kalpoes, and any/everyone who colluded with him to cover this crime up.

The controlling presence is now gone.  Someone IS going to talk.  The first one to do so will be the safest, IMO.  The last one to talk...............well..............   Lady Justice awaits!!
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1434 on: February 12, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »

I bet they're all running scared ...
wingnut
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1435 on: February 12, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

The house of cards is doing what Art Wood predicted it would.  It is beginning to crumble.  The top card has fallen.

Which one will be next?

I wouldn't want to be standing close to any of them.

Wonderful that Jan van der Straaten no longer has to worry about hurting his friend.  He always seemed like he wanted to say more.  I wouldn't want to be standing close to him right now either.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1436 on: February 12, 2010, 11:04:49 AM »

Which one will be next?

Satish Kalpoe they are coming for you next!!!  Get ready to start talking before you disappear.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1437 on: February 12, 2010, 11:05:12 AM »

Buckeye - agreed.  I just find it a bit strange.  It's just not sitting right with me.
Who determined it was a heart attack?  The same people who said blood was chocolate nearly 5 years ago?

Good questions-is he even really dead????   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1438 on: February 12, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »

Which one will be next?

Satish Kalpoe they are coming for you next!!!  Get ready to start talking before you disappear.

No kidding ...
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1439 on: February 12, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »

I bet they're all running scared ...

I think they should be! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.