April 30, 2024, 03:23:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #564 12/22 - Christmas Eve  (Read 104539 times)
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2006, 08:08:59 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
mishy
I hate ask this  Embarassed ... BUT.... Is Nonesuche going to put us on the  Cooking sampling list or at least the e-mail list  Confused  Rolling Eyes  Confused

LOL, she's expecting us up there this weekend, I think  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Bring Natalee home...
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Carnut"

Yes, but I'm also suspicious of someone waiting till busy shopping days to use up their pennies, for me and mine it was always a new years day to break open the jar and take the pennies to the bank.

Why couldn't this lady have made a pass by the bank before hitting WalMart? Heck if it had been a Wal Mart Super there was probably a bank there in the store. Just seems a bit inconsiderate to take the pennies to a cashier inline instead of a little forethought and preparation on her part.

Carnut - Tyler said the lady was quite elderly. Sometimes elderly people don't think the same way us middle-aged folks do. Modern technology has passed them by to some extent.

BT, I prefer to be as understanding and forgiving as I can, especially during this time...no matter how inconsiderate one may seem, I thnk we should just give each other a break, especially the elderly...

Bring Natalee home...
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2006, 08:11:15 PM »

Before too many monkeys leave for the holiday, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy New Year.  

This is the only White Christmas I'm going to have this year.  It just won't stop raining.  I guess it's a good thing all this rain hasn't been snow.  

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2006, 08:12:19 PM »

Sun Freak,I see you been in torture?PT also.So much fun.Who Lornzo?Al Gore said aruba will be under water by 2008,who knows,but he did  invent the internet.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: December 22, 2006, 08:12:24 PM »

Quote from: "LilPuma"
Before too many monkeys leave for the holiday, I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy New Year.  

This is the only White Christmas I'm going to have this year.  It just won't stop raining.  I guess it's a good thing all this rain hasn't been snow.  

Rain is a lot better than drought.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2006, 08:15:05 PM »

Quote from: "mishy"

Yes, but I'm also suspicious of someone waiting till busy shopping days to use up their pennies, for me and mine it was always a new years day to break open the jar and take the pennies to the bank.

Why couldn't this lady have made a pass by the bank before hitting WalMart? Heck if it had been a Wal Mart Super there was probably a bank there in the store. Just seems a bit inconsiderate to take the pennies to a cashier inline instead of a little forethought and preparation on her part.

Carnut - Tyler said the lady was quite elderly. Sometimes elderly people don't think the same way us middle-aged folks do. Modern technology has passed them by to some extent.

BT, I prefer to be as understanding and forgiving as I can, especially during this time...no matter how inconsiderate one may seem, I thnk we should just give each other a break, especially the elderly...

Heh, heh, yep, I know I'm just an old meanie.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #186 on: December 22, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »

Merry Christmas LilPuma!!!!!

Bring Natalee home...
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: December 22, 2006, 08:15:41 PM »

I know you can make excuses all day long, but I still think it's quite suspicious that the little old lady was down to her last $85 of pennies just to buy Christmas dinner.

I don't know what the heck this woman was doing, but she had to stand there waiting also.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #188 on: December 22, 2006, 08:15:46 PM »

Dinner time, be back in a few minutes  Wink
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2006, 08:17:42 PM »

Are you a trekkie,CBB.I am a trekkie.I was left here years ago in PA>I am still learning your ways.I do not the the landfill is a final resting place.I distrust alot in what I hear,because it is just MBB.(male bovine byproducts)

Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2006, 08:18:13 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Florida, Merry Christmas to you.  I certainly appreciate your efforts and would like for you to share more with us.  I am sure you know more than you have told us.

Seasons Greetings.  Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Tylergal....
You're right.  I do hear stories from people in Aruba....I joined SM just a few months ago.  After 18 months, I felt the need to share what I know. I wanted to post quietly, anonymously....I am not at all into "angry" posts.

SAM:  The one photo of Lorenzo was him in his van...Not a good photo.

Merry Christmas!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2006, 08:19:18 PM »

Isn't it interesting how we all read different things into Tyler's story.
I had a vision of an old lady who all year saved all her change for a whole year, maybe a few cents a day.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad She did this for 365 days. then, she went to WalMart to buy eggnog and cashews and treats for her company. How generous this lady must be.
And tough... she braved WalMart... I didn't   Laughing  Laughing
 Wink
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »

<<Snip>>
You know what I think, though? It makes life easier if you relax and give people the benefit of the doubt. Keeps your blood pressure lower too.  Very Happy

Reminds be of a story one of my High School teachers related to us after a big snow. (Many Many years ago)

While coming to school he was detained by car that had slid cross-ways in the street and was stuck. Traffic was backed up both ways & he was about 7 cars deep in the back-up.

He got out walked forward and assisted in getting the car un-stuck and moving again.

As he walked back to his car.. he noticed many people behind him were Honking like heck.. When he got to his car he walked past it to the one  just behind his where the younger man was honking his horn like crazy and visibly upset at being delayed.

He tapped on the window and basically said ..
Young man there is No one in the car in front of you, they left the their car to assist in someway. Your Honking is only making noise ... and NOT helping.

With that he returned to his car, got in, sat down, started it  and looked in the rear view mirror.

His word to describe what he saw was simply "Priceless" and he would not expound upon that no matter how much we pleaded with him.

G'nite Monkeys
Happy Holidays to All

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: December 22, 2006, 08:20:23 PM »

Florida, what about the photo of the guy who is supposedly Lorenzo from the side walking with those 2 other people? Does that look like him? Do you have any other photos of him? TIA

Bring Natalee home...
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: December 22, 2006, 08:20:30 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"

I know you can make excuses all day long, but I still think it's quite suspicious that the little old lady was down to her last $85 of pennies just to buy Christmas dinner.

Carnut, I am not positive but I do not think Tyler meant that all the money was in pennies. With that said even $5 worth of pennies takes along time to count. That said, like Bt said older folks do not think about that sort of thing. Pennies are just money to them and used to be to alot of other folks as well.

I am not 90 but I do fit in the old category. Since my bout with cancer last year and then the flu from Hell a few months later I have never got back all my strength and energy I had before the radiation and chemo. So if I do manage to go shopping I am going to one place and getting the H*** out of there.

Also maybe she was hoping she did not have to spend all the money and her family may not know she is so broke. The pride thing you know.

I brought this to the next page in case Carnut missed it.

Also wanted to say I am glad that Tyler was the one who was there to help the old lady out. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: December 22, 2006, 08:23:44 PM »

Carnut, believe me, here in Alabama, there are plenty of people who would do exactly what the lady at the Wal-Mart did.

A few years ago, right here on the extreme outskirts of a big city, I lived in a bldg. that had what looked like an abandoned lot next to it, all overgrown. I noticed when the leaves fell in the fall that there was a old house back there, very run-down. One night late I heard female voices coming from back there, 2 women with elderly voices arguing. It really was kind of scary, they sounded like they were ready to fistfight.

The next morning I checked with the landlady and she told me that there were INDEED 2 old women living in that house, which had no running water, electricity, heat, etc. and had a roof that was about to cave in. My landlady said she had seen the interior of the house and it had dirt floors. They had to dig holes. They had used the wood decking floors long since for firewood. The women received food stamps, miraculously, and used them to buy crackers and bread which was what they lived on. I was told to watch for some time when one of them walked by, on her way to the store, and sure enough not long after that I saw one of them, covered from head to toe in old and dilapidated long coats and with a hood over her head, shuffling down the street. Her face was barely visible but she looked very old and emaciated.

The women were both impaired mentally and had lived like that for years, according to my landlady. They were eventually removed when the bldg. they were in finally got condemned and I was told they were carried away kicking and screaming, thinking they were being arrested.

They were more pathetic, if it's possible, than the lady at the Wal-Mart. She could count, evidently.

So yes, it IS possible to see something like that.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #196 on: December 22, 2006, 08:24:28 PM »

we have had to day 6 children in life support from the flu,so this year it is no joking matter.Cat

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2006, 08:25:21 PM »

Carnut, I am not positive but I do not think Tyler meant that all the money was in pennies. With that said even $5 worth of pennies takes along time to count. That said, like Bt said older folks do not think about that sort of thing. Pennies are just money to them and used to be to alot of other folks as well.

I am not 90 but I do fit in the old category. Since my bout with cancer last year and then the flu from Hell a few months later I have never got back all my strength and energy I had before the radiation and chemo. So if I do manage to go shopping I am going to one place and getting the H*** out of there.

Also maybe she was hoping she did not have to spend all the money and her family may not know she is so broke. The pride thing you know.

I brought this to the next page in case Carnut missed it.

Also wanted to say I am glad that Tyler was the one who was there to help the old lady out. JMHO

Guess I'm supposed to feel sorry because my life has been so easy eh?
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2006, 08:25:55 PM »

Quote from: Tylergal
Quote from: Kat_Gram
Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Yikes Tyler you poor thing..
lol

..I imagine when you get to 90 or 100 it is hard to tell how old a girl is !
At Christmas, I think alot of people who don't get out much do go out.
This am on my way to work at the place I usually go, there was one that was holding  ME up counting out nickels for a cuppa.
Holy Moley. I almost had to pray.
Merry Christmas Tyler and yes, It's A Wonderful Life.
Have fun with your DH and the kidlets and the rest of your family.

Thank you, Kat, and you too!  I was sad all afternoon thinking about her having to scrape together pennies to pay for something that a family (who might not be grateful for her efforts) are going to enjoy.  She was buying little goodies like cashews, eggnog, etc., and I hope they appreciated her vast efforts.

Sad  This is what I picture too!  Like she had to go to that big ol' penny jar 'cause she didn't have anything else left!  

On the other hand, she might have stolen that penny jar from a small child, like her great grandson.   Smile

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2006, 08:27:40 PM »

Carnut ~ I was thinking she'd been saving all those pennies to use for a special dinner ~ not coming out of her regular income, check, social security......that's what I'd do, and then wouldn't be so worried about the extra expense.  Just a thought.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.