April 30, 2024, 07:15:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #564 12/22 - Christmas Eve  (Read 104557 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

OMG...did you know right away, or later?  That's too much.  

We found out a couple of days later it was his friends.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: December 23, 2006, 09:53:29 PM »

Hello, my monkey pals!

I lied yesterday when I said I was going to stay home all day today.  I forgot I had an appt for PT/dressing change.  Then I had to go by the bank, the grocery store and then the vets office.  I'm exhausted.

What's the topic tonight?  Did I miss any exciting news?
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: December 23, 2006, 09:53:50 PM »

Quote from: "Sam"
Florida, Devils Rock = Aruba

Kat Gram our son told us he wanted a Sedgeway for Christmas. I asked him why he did not just ask for a Hovercraft. LOL The buns sound wonderful.

There is a science site, can't recall it at the moment where you can get instructions for making your own HoverCraft. And marshmallow shooters.
The Marshmallow Shooter was a hit with the little kiddo ( 8 ) I heard.
I am going to try to remember the name of that site for Robots.
It is science but aimed at kids so that kids and more so girls will find these types of things attractive and interesting.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #623 on: December 23, 2006, 09:55:24 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "Frijole"
Quote from: "Carnut"
Monkeys,

I'm typing on my new laptop. I LOVE it! It's sooooo quiet and fast.

I'm a very happy monkey! Very Happy

Wait a minute!! Ain't it just a little bit early to be opening Santa's presents?

Well, you know I had to check it out and make sure the UPS idgits hadn't damaged it any.  Very Happy

Besides - since Mr. "BT" is British... with the time change it's Christmas there already! LOLOLOL

Wink  Wink  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Have a fantastic holiday!!  I want a laptop too!

LOL, that sounds like a good excuse!  Razz

I looooove my new laptop. It's gonna hold a lot of sock monkey photos! It's a snazzy Lenovo with lots of wireless stuff and handy programs on it. Very Happy

Happy that you got it.  Whew.  What a race to beat the Grinch from getting your computer.  Glad you persevered and won.   I cannot see you, though, and I could last night.  A great picture of a very nice sock monkey mom.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #624 on: December 23, 2006, 09:56:41 PM »

San, I hope you are calming down on the Christmas tree. LOL
Do you suppose your sis was trying to tell you something with that Tshirt?

Just a swinging with the tribe
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #625 on: December 23, 2006, 10:00:53 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Those Christams buns... he makes them every years and it isn't Christmas any more without them. He started doing it when he was still in school and cash poor for present buying.
I got a special delivery the other night. Phone rang... yoo hoo look out your window and there they were holding up a plate piled high with warm Chritmas buns. Numm Numm Numm.

I like hearing about Christmas traditions.  At our house, we always have sausage & cheese balls, something the kids loved when they were growing up as well as pigs in a blanket with little smokies and crescent rolls.  Every Christmas someone makes them and we always have cream cheese, jabanero pepper jelly with crackers.  It's hard for the in-laws to understand these traditions.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: December 23, 2006, 10:01:41 PM »

Kat Gram our son told us he wanted a Sedgeway for Christmas. I asked him why he did not just ask for a Hovercraft. LOL The buns sound wonderful.

There is a science site, can't recall it at the moment where you can get instructions for making your own HoverCraft. And marshmallow shooters.
It is science but aimed at kids so that kids and more so girls will find these types of things attractive and interesting.

Kat_Gram,I too would like the name of the site. Our son is a 40 year old kid. LOL He also has a science oriented son who is 8. I bet they would both like the site.

Just a swinging with the tribe
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #627 on: December 23, 2006, 10:01:49 PM »

I loved math, chemistry, biology, physics & art.  I love mechanical things & fixing things.  I've self taught myself many things including PaintShopPro & FrontPage.

Something fun to do is to mix a little corn starch & water and squeeze it in your hand until its hard.  Then turn your hand sideways and it will "melt" and run downyour hand.   Laughing  Laughing
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #628 on: December 23, 2006, 10:01:51 PM »

This is for Robots :
explanation of what HowToons are :http://www.peoplesdesignaward.org/designlifenow/index.php?id=44

and if you just google HOWTOONS, you will see all sorts of things to amuse small little minds with stuff from the garage
GrownUps kinda like playing with some of these ideas too ! !
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: December 23, 2006, 10:04:56 PM »

Yes I am calming down Sam.  They listened to my advice and took it back to the place and they cut it.  I tried to take a picture but my battery ran out and I have to recharge it.

Yes she was trying to tell me something.  My nephew cracked up when he saw that shirt and he said perfect Laughing .
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #630 on: December 23, 2006, 10:06:36 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

OMG...did you know right away, or later?  That's too much.  

We found out a couple of days later it was his friends.

Well, he was unemployed and they gave him a tree....It was a blessed tree, to boot!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: December 23, 2006, 10:08:15 PM »

Merry Christmas 's Eve -- Eve  Monkeys

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #632 on: December 23, 2006, 10:08:36 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Happy that you got it.  Whew.  What a race to beat the Grinch from getting your computer.  Glad you persevered and won.   I cannot see you, though, and I could last night.  A great picture of a very nice sock monkey mom.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Awwww....thanks, Tyler!

I hope you have an absolutely splendid Christmas! Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: December 23, 2006, 10:10:54 PM »

I like hearing about Christmas traditions.  At our house, we always have sausage & cheese balls, something the kids loved when they were growing up as well as pigs in a blanket with little smokies and crescent rolls.  Every Christmas someone makes them and we always have cream cheese, jabanero pepper jelly with crackers.  It's hard for the in-laws to understand these traditions.

I love Holiday traditions too.  We always went to Christmas Eve Mass, then came home and got to open one present.  My father would make fried Smeltz and Oliva Olio every Christmas Eve. Then in the morning while our Christmas Dinner was cooking we would make Pastid and eat it warm.  Yum. Yum.

Then Christmas night, my parents would host the family Christmas Party.  What a party.  Open bar, a band, and a bunch of singing, dancing drunk Italians. Oh, the memories!!!
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: December 23, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

I loved math, chemistry, biology, physics & art.  I love mechanical things & fixing things.  I've self taught myself many things including PaintShopPro & FrontPage.

Something fun to do is to mix a little corn starch & water and squeeze it in your hand until its hard.  Then turn your hand sideways and it will "melt" and run downyour hand.   Laughing  Laughing

WooHoo, a girl who likes math and physics? Gee I gotta minor in math.
First major was in physics but changed to psych and history.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #635 on: December 23, 2006, 10:13:34 PM »

So I just did the cornstarch thing. While I was rubbing hands together
I had a hard lump of cornstarch. Then it went all watery. why ?
Another neat one is a Mobuis Strip. Get a ribbon / strip  of white paper.
Make a circle as if you were going to join it together. Twist it once. Scotch tape it together. Try cutting into two circles.  ps hat tip Isaac Assimov's books.
Grandma's know magic too ! !
Hey I got laundry, wrapping on the go and now I have cornstarch all over the kitchen.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: December 23, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »

BT

Once you add the Sock Monkey Decals to your(new) Laptop you will have to post a pic of it..  

You have got to make it stand out ... in case it ever is ever stolen.
JMO of course

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #637 on: December 23, 2006, 10:14:39 PM »

Quote from: "San"

Yes I am calming down Sam.  They listened to my advice and took it back to the place and they cut it.  I tried to take a picture but my battery ran out and I have to recharge it.

Yes she was trying to tell me something.  My nephew cracked up when he saw that shirt and he said perfect Laughing .

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #638 on: December 23, 2006, 10:21:31 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
BT

Once you add the Sock Monkey Decals to your(new) Laptop you will have to post a pic of it..  

You have got to make it stand out ... in case it ever is ever stolen.
JMO of course

Good thinking, oldfart!

By the way, this one is so fancy schmancy that it has one of those fingerprint security thingies on it.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #639 on: December 23, 2006, 10:23:19 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

I love Holiday traditions too.  We always went to Christmas Eve Mass, then came home and got to open one present.  My father would make fried Smeltz and Oliva Olio every Christmas Eve. Then in the morning while our Christmas Dinner was cooking we would make Pastid and eat it warm.  Yum. Yum.

Then Christmas night, my parents would host the family Christmas Party.  What a party.  Open bar, a band, and a bunch of singing, dancing drunk Italians. Oh, the memories!!!

My DH laughed when I told him we ate fried smeltsin lieu of more expensive fish, because he used them as bait!   Sounds like you had a bigger party than we, but ours was a banquet that lasted all day.  

Glad you ore on the mend, btw.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.