May 01, 2024, 05:20:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #564 12/22 - Christmas Eve  (Read 104594 times)
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: December 23, 2006, 10:23:50 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "SunFreak2"

I loved math, chemistry, biology, physics & art.  I love mechanical things & fixing things.  I've self taught myself many things including PaintShopPro & FrontPage.

Something fun to do is to mix a little corn starch & water and squeeze it in your hand until its hard.  Then turn your hand sideways and it will "melt" and run downyour hand.   Laughing  Laughing

WooHoo, a girl who likes math and physics? Gee I gotta minor in math.
First major was in physics but changed to psych and history.

Yep, crazy me even went to summer school to take an advanced Math class.  When I was in 10th grade, I was taking 12th grade advanced Math classes.    And getting better grades then the Seniors were.  Laughing   I wasn't a nerd either.  I was a "cool surfer chic."   Cool
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: December 23, 2006, 10:24:32 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Quote from: "oldfart"
BT

Once you add the Sock Monkey Decals to your(new) Laptop you will have to post a pic of it..  

You have got to make it stand out ... in case it ever is ever stolen.
JMO of course

Good thinking, oldfart!

By the way, this one is so fancy schmancy that it has one of those fingerprint security thingies on it.  Very Happy

Hi Monkeys! Smile  Smile

Wow BT, you musta been real good this year to get a laptop with all those bells and whistles

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #642 on: December 23, 2006, 10:25:36 PM »

BT followed the toothbrush rules...seems to me... Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #643 on: December 23, 2006, 10:26:55 PM »

Did you know that Santa takes a part time job a week or two before Christmas.

Something about getting limbered up and back in shape in order to wiggle down all of those chimneys.  Rolling Eyes

http://home.att.net/~hideaway_today/t041/xmas_santa.swf

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #644 on: December 23, 2006, 10:26:57 PM »

Food Food and more Food. I come from a wide and varied ethnic
background thru my parents. Irish / English woman marries a Ukrainian Russian man.
Perogies, cabbage rolls, pickled beets, some real smelly stuff in jars.  ( home made horseradish ).
With a traditonal English Turkey dinner with a " force meat " stuffing from
Yorkshire.
My Grandparents were Orthodox and did the traditional Christmas from the Julienne ?? calender. The twelve meatless dishes ( kinda yukky stuff ) , house full of people, straw on floor representing the manger.
Lots to eat and drink. Polka music, hardly any English spoken.
One tradition was that an extra plate was set for the ones who were no longer with us.    
So we had two Christmasses. One with the presents, one a religious one.
I was brought  up in a compromise religion. United.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: December 23, 2006, 10:28:00 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Mom always told me that regular brushing was good for me.  Wink

I Stand With The Girl
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2006, 10:28:10 PM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: December 23, 2006, 10:29:53 PM »

BT

Once you add the Sock Monkey Decals to your(new) Laptop you will have to post a pic of it..  

JMO of course

Good thinking, oldfart!

By the way, this one is so fancy schmancy that it has one of those fingerprint security thingies on it.  Very Happy

Get those fingerprints imprinted right away Bt. The decals sound nice too. I think i told you the other night that old Santa would not let you down.I enjoyed seeing your picture earlier. Sounds like it is no longer there and that is good.

Signing off for the night. Keep the faith Monkeys.

Just a swinging with the tribe
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #648 on: December 23, 2006, 10:30:01 PM »

BT

JMO of course

Good thinking, oldfart!

Shocked That is one way to keep Mr. BT from using Your Computer...
and  Monkey prints still work ... Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2006, 10:32:20 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
background thru my parents. Irish / English woman marries a Ukrainian Russian man.
Perogies, cabbage rolls, pickled beets, some real smelly stuff in jars.  ( home made horseradish ).
Yorkshire.
My Grandparents were Orthodox and did the traditional Christmas from the Julienne ?? calender. The twelve meatless dishes ( kinda yukky stuff ) , house full of people, straw on floor representing the manger.
One tradition was that an extra plate was set for the ones who were no longer with us.    

Wow!  Very interesting traditions.  And I loved your descriptions "really smelly stuff in jars" and "kinda yukky stuff."  That tickled me.   Laughing  Laughing
I always thought the fried smelts stunk and it still does.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: December 23, 2006, 10:32:58 PM »

I loved math, chemistry, biology, physics & art.  I love mechanical things & fixing things.  I've self taught myself many things including PaintShopPro & FrontPage.

Something fun to do is to mix a little corn starch & water and squeeze it in your hand until its hard.  Then turn your hand sideways and it will "melt" and run downyour hand.   Laughing  Laughing

Yep, crazy me even went to summer school to take an advanced Math class.  When I was in 10th grade, I was taking 12th grade advanced Math classes.    And getting better grades then the Seniors were.  Laughing   I wasn't a nerd either.  I was a "cool surfer chic."   Cool

Heh, heh, gee, I was a nerd, I went to summer school every summer from 7th grade on.

Oh gee, a cool surfer chic, way out of my class, durn it.

Oh yeah, after you asked if I was 'charming' I thought I'd take another look at my endearing attribute list.

Lessee, Old, Short, Fat, Ugly, Bald, Poor, Dumb as a stump, Cranky, and eats crackers in bed.

Darn no 'charming' on the list.

Now you don't have any prejudices against Old, Short, Fat, Ugly, Bald, Poor, Dumb as a stump, Cranky, and eats crackers in bed, kinda guys do you?

Oh and something to ponder,

"If you are alone in the woods and Phart. Does your wife still say : stop that " ?
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: December 23, 2006, 10:34:52 PM »

Yorkshire.

Gee, straw on the floor, I didn't know I was celebrating a traditional Christmas.
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: December 23, 2006, 10:36:15 PM »

Heh, heh, gee, I was a nerd, I went to summer school every summer from 7th grade on.

Oh gee, a cool surfer chic, way out of my class, durn it.

Oh yeah, after you asked if I was 'charming' I thought I'd take another look at my endearing attribute list.

Lessee, Old, Short, Fat, Ugly, Bald, Poor, Dumb as a stump, Cranky, and eats crackers in bed.

Darn no 'charming' on the list.

Now you don't have any prejudices against Old, Short, Fat, Ugly, Bald, Poor, Dumb as a stump, Cranky, and eats crackers in bed, kinda guys do you?

Oh and something to ponder,

"If you are alone in the woods and Phart. Does your wife still say : stop that " ?

Gee, I can't answer that last question.  I've never had a wife.    Laughing  Laughing
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #653 on: December 23, 2006, 10:37:32 PM »

http://mathforum.org/sum95/math_and/moebius/moebius.html

Mobuis strip instructions.

My Dad had his own section of the fridge. Pickled eggs, herring,
pickled pigs feet, blue cheese. Lovely aroma from that section in the back of the fridge. He had to make his own stuff like that. Had to eat it too. And my Auntie would make some delights from the old country and deliver them to him.
The rest of us would just gag.
Florida
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #654 on: December 23, 2006, 10:41:34 PM »

SAM: OMG Florida say it ain't so. I remember Sandrak posted a picture somewhere (probably the original refugee site) Or it could have been here, the pic was supposedly Lorenzo and someone. They both had mask and body paint as I remember. I figure it was one of her many little jokes.

Is this the photo? Titled "Max A. & Corey Taylor
(Deftones & slipknot)
Kinda looks like Lorenzo's "rave ranch"

Klaas if you are here, the link Florida is giving us to the picture of Renzo, the DJ and another guy. I seem to remember you having a pic of this guy. That picture may even have Joran in it. Not sure it is Paul Brough though.

This photo?...of possibly Paul Brough in the back row:
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: December 23, 2006, 10:42:10 PM »

pickled pigs feet, blue cheese. Lovely aroma from that section in the back of the fridge. He had to make his own stuff like that. Had to eat it too. And my Auntie would make some delights from the old country and deliver them to him.

Growing up, I had a friend that lived a few houses away and her Dad was weirdly strict. One day we were raiding her refrigerator and found a big cake box.  We took out, our mouths watering for some yummy cake, and when we opened the box, we saw a hog's head.  Her father was going to make his own head cheese.   Ewwwww!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: December 23, 2006, 10:42:56 PM »

The straw came from a bale of hay that they went out and obtained somewhere fot the evening. The 12 dishes were symbolic of the 12 Apostles.
Everything and I don't remember it all had a symbolic meaning.
That culture and religion was very heavy into the symbols.
Their Easter traditons are pre Christain and the source was pagan.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: December 23, 2006, 10:44:56 PM »

http://mathforum.org/sum95/math_and/moebius/moebius.html

Mobuis strip instructions.

That sounds as bad as the "collard balls."   Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: December 23, 2006, 10:46:35 PM »

They still sell the intact pigs feet complete with the toenails for that pickled pigs feet. Gotta cook it a long time. Stinks up the entire house.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: December 23, 2006, 10:46:47 PM »

Growing up, I had a friend that lived a few houses away and her Dad was weirdly strict. One day we were raiding her refrigerator and found a big cake box.  We took out, our mouths watering for some yummy cake, and when we opened the box, we saw a hog's head.  Her father was going to make his own head cheese.   Ewwwww!

Huh, do I need to know what head cheese is and why a hogs head is involved?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.