Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1

(1/229) > >>

klaasend:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,579961,00.html?test=latestnews

Stockbroker Mom Disappears in Utah, Husband Questioned

Thursday , December 10, 2009

FC1
ADVERTISEMENT

Family members and police have stepped up their search for a Utah mother of two who vanished over the weekend.

Stockbroker Susan Powell, 28, has been missing since Sunday. Her husband Josh says he last saw her getting ready for bed about 12:30 a.m. and left her sleeping while he went camping with the couple's two young sons.

Powell's purse, cell phone and car were found at their home in the Salt Lake City suburb of West Valley City.

Initially, the entire family was unaccounted for — until the missing woman's husband turned up with the boys and without Powell, her father Chuck Cox said in an interview with Fox News.

Her parents say Powell, who works as a stockbroker for Wells Fargo Financial, wouldn't have left her family of her own accord.

West Valley police are asking for the public's help in the case. They won't reveal what Powell's husband has told investigators in interviews.

Cox said his daughter was looking forward to the holidays when he spoke to her last Thursday and "everything was fine."

When his son-in-law called him about her disappearance on Sunday, Cox said he sounded "a little upset."

"He informed me that she was missing and he didn’t have any idea where she was," he told Fox. "His voice cracked, like he was choking back tears or something."

Cox says he doesn't believe the couple had any martial problems.

But he said some of his son-in-law's story "didn't sound normal" to him — like his explanation of taking the camping trip with the boys while Powell stayed home in bed.

"I have no evidence that he was involved in anything," Cox said. "Police have looked in the house. Currently, they have no official persons of interest or suspects at this time. We don't know what happened."

Powell is 5 feet 4 inches, 130 pounds, with long, brown hair and blue eyes. Anyone with information is asked to call West Valley police in Utah.

klaasend:
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

Police may have 'areas' to check in missing woman case
December 10, 2009

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Police said Thursday they may have some "areas" to check as they follow-up on the case of a missing West Valley woman.

West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan said those areas are based on statements made by Susan Powell's husband, Josh Powell. Still, McLachlan declined to elaborate on what or where the areas are.

Susan Powell,28, disappeared Sunday. Her father, Charles Cox, told KSL News Josh said he took the couple's children camping Sunday night and came home Monday to find his wife missing. Cox says his daughter's cell phone and purse were left behind.

"The thing that doesn't add up is Susan is still missing," McLachlan said. "We don't know where she's at, and there's been no contact with her family or friends."

Now Josh Powell's story may be coming under scrutiny. McLachlan said the idea of Josh taking his toddler and 4-year-old camping in very cold whether during the disappearance raises questions, but he said Josh has been cooperative with police.

Forensics teams, meanwhile, are going over what was taken from the home during a warrant search.

"We have seized several items," McLachlan said. "I'm not going to get real specific about what items, but to process forensically to see if that can shed any light on the situation."

Josh and Susan Powell and their boys

McLachlan said Susan and Josh's children have now been interviewed, although he admitted it was a difficult process.

"You have to be very cognizant that they may be tying two different situations together in one," he said.

Police are also continuing to interview Susan's family and friends, looking for any clues as to where she might be.

Meanwhile, friends of Susan distributed fliers Thursday with Susan's picture and description.

Tami Allen used to live in Susan's neighborhood and brought fliers to her work. She was spreading the word about Susan's disappearance to all her tenants at the storage facility where she works.

Allen said doing this makes her feel like she's helping in some way.

"Obviously, it breaks my hart. I think about it all day, everyday," Allen said. "I just keep wondering what happened to her, and I just want her home safe."

Susan Powell is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 130 pounds, with brown hair and blue eyes. If anyone has any information about her whereabouts, you're asked to call the West Valley Police Department at 801-840-4000.

klaasend:
IMO, he killed her.   ::MonkeyNoNo::

fatcatlurker:
yup -

fatcatlurker:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350544/Few-details-on-missing-WV-mom-2-just-anxiety.html

West Valley police are being very tight-lipped about the case. They have asked for the public's help to find her, yet won't say where or when or how the husband and children were found or where they had been. Investigators have also declined to answer questions about whether foul play is suspected or what Josh Powell has told police during interviews, though they did say that all of the Powell family's vehicles were accounted for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page