April 25, 2024, 03:52:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353322 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2009, 07:58:11 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9029772

Friend describes seeing woman shortly before she disappeared
December 14, 2009

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Police say they will interview the husband of a missing West Valley woman again today.

A friend who had dinner with the couple last Sunday and lives in the couple's neighborhood spoke with KSL Monday. Other than Josh, she was the last person to see Susan Powell before she disappeared.

Friend talks about Sunday dinner with Powell family

JoVanna Owings spent a couple of hours with the Powells on the afternoon of Sunday, Dec. 6, which is the last day anyone saw Susan.

Owings says Susan invited her to have dinner at her home because she wanted some help with a crocheting project. She says Susan's yarn for that project was tangled and she wanted help with it.

Owings says the mood was calm and relaxed. She and Susan sat in the living room, ate dinner and talked while Josh ate in the kitchen with the couple's two boys.

She says Josh often came out to the living room to talk to both of them.

Around 5 p.m., the last thing Susan said to Owings before Owings went home was, "She said, did I mind if she went and lied down? I said I didn't have a problem with it. I'd keep working on the yarn."

She says Josh told her he was going to take the boys sledding. She didn't think it was unusual because Josh is a responsible father and would not have kept the boys out very long. She says Josh never mentioned taking the boys camping later that night.
(snipped)

Just thinking out loud but could Josh have drugged her?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »

<snipped>

On Dec. 7, Josh Powell's mother went to her son's house after the couple's employers called asking why they had not shown up for work, and their day care called asking why their children were not dropped off. The doors were locked, and there were no signs of forced entry, said West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

Officers were called and broke a window to get into the house, fearing possible carbon monoxide poisoning. Inside, they found two fans directed at a spot on a floor that was wet, according to Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox. Cox flew to Salt Lake City from Washington state Sunday to assist in the search for his missing daughter.

Josh Powell returned to his house the afternoon of Dec. 7, less than 24 hours after he said he went camping.

Police say items belonging to Susan Powell that "one would normally take" when leaving the house were still in the residence.

Police interviewed Josh Powell the night of Dec. 7. Investigators had asked Powell to come in again this week for follow-up questions, and there was speculation he would be interviewed Monday. But by Monday afternoon, he had not shown up at the West Valley Police Department.

JoVanna Owings told KSL-TV she had dinner with the Powells the afternoon of Dec. 6 and may have been the last person to see Susan Powell, other than Josh Powell.

"There was no indication that there were any problems, nothing that would indicate that anything was any different than any other day," Owings said.

There was no mention of camping that afternoon.

Owings told KSL she spoke with Josh Powell on his cell phone the following day before he came home, but she declined to talk about what was discussed.

Court records show Josh Powell filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2007 with nearly $188,000 in unsecured debt, including a nearly $60,000 debt for student loans and $90,000 owed to a collection agency.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351526/Sources-Josh-Powell-hires-attorney.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2009, 08:03:25 PM »

December 14, 2009

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Police say they will interview the husband of a missing West Valley woman again today.

A friend who had dinner with the couple last Sunday and lives in the couple's neighborhood spoke with KSL Monday. Other than Josh, she was the last person to see Susan Powell before she disappeared.

JoVanna Owings spent a couple of hours with the Powells on the afternoon of Sunday, Dec. 6, which is the last day anyone saw Susan.

Owings says Susan invited her to have dinner at her home because she wanted some help with a crocheting project. She says Susan's yarn for that project was tangled and she wanted help with it.

Owings says the mood was calm and relaxed. She and Susan sat in the living room, ate dinner and talked while Josh ate in the kitchen with the couple's two boys.

Around 5 p.m., the last thing Susan said to Owings before Owings went home was, "She said, did I mind if she went and lied down? I said I didn't have a problem with it. I'd keep working on the yarn."

She says Josh told her he was going to take the boys sledding. She didn't think it was unusual because Josh is a responsible father and would not have kept the boys out very long. She says Josh never mentioned taking the boys camping later that night.
(snipped)

Drugging her would explain why he kept coming to the living room to talk to his wife and friend.  He wanted to see if the drugs were taking effect.  Can not see leaving a 1 and 4 year old alone in a   kitchen just to go chit chat.

Would also be a good way to tell the kids "Mommy is Sleeping" and the kids would know no different. 

Lastly if she were drugged she could have vomited.  That could be the wet spot with the fans after she vomited and he cleaned it.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »

December 14, 2009

(snipped)

That would explain the wet spot on the carpet if he did drug her and she vomitted. 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »

Northern - get outta my head   

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2009, 08:13:58 PM »

Northern - get outta my head   

First thing that came to mind is he picked the wrong drug and watched too much TV. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »

Timeline: Missing West Valley City Woman
(video also)

SALT LAKE CITY - Police are still searching for a West Valley City woman who went missing from her home a week ago without taking her purse or cell phone. Susan Powell, 28, the mother of two young children, ages 2 and 4, was reported missing on Dec. 6. Police starting searching the Powell home on Dec. 7. Here is a timeline of the search for Susan Powell so far:

Monday, December 7: Police went to Powell home to investigate missing WVC woman and found no one.

Tuesday, December 8: Josh Powell told investigators he and his kids went camping in Utah's West Desert at the time his wife went missing. West Valley City Police, Capt. Tom Mclachalan said, "The husband returned home with the children in the family car but Susan was still missing."

Wednesday, December 9: Police spent two hours removing items from the Powell home. Police say Josh Powell is not a suspect at this time.

Thursday, December 10: Police searched the Simpson Spring Recreation Area and found no sign of Josh Powell's campsite. Josh Powell speaks briefly with reporters.

Friday, December 11: Police stil have no arrests and said Josh Powell was not a suspect but a person of interest.

Saturday, December 12: Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, traveled to Utah to help search for his daughter and spoke with FOX 13. Josh Powell's family held a press conference and Josh Powell stands silenty with them. Community members pass out fliers with pictures of Susan Powell.

Monday, December 14: Josh Powell retains attorney.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-timeline-missing-west-valley-city-woman,0,1473366.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2009, 10:34:20 PM »

Susan Powell missing Utah mother may be dead

December 15: Susan Powell missing Utah mother may be dead. Utah mom has gone missing and even after a week the cops are clueless about her whereabouts.

What is worrisome is that despite days of searching sleuths have failed to make any lead in the case. Thousands of missing-person flyers have and been searched and many persons have been interviewed in an effort to trace Susan Powell. But will little success.

Kiirsi Helliwell, Powell’s friend told a network: “She’s been gone for an entire week I don't believe there can be any, very much hope left. I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive."

She was reported missing by her relatives after she failed to return home in West Valley City last Sunday. It was on this day that the 28-year-old Powell was last seen.

Shockingly, Powell's husband, Joshua Powell, and the couple's two children, who were also believed to be missing, returned home a day after. Joshua Powell told reporters that incident took place when he had taken the children on a late-night camping trip. The weather was atrocious on that day between 10 and 25 degrees. Rain and snow lashed the region.

"Lots of times I just go camping with my boys," Powell said, adding: "Just overnight. We do s' mores and stuff."

http://www.khabrein.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30354&Itemid=57
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2009, 01:55:49 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9029772

Missing woman's husband is a no-show at 2nd police interview
December 14th, 2009 @ 9:43pm

WEST VALLEY CITY -- It's been over a week since anyone last saw a West Valley City mother of two, and police still aren't naming any suspects.

Investigators had planned to re-interview 28-year-old Susan Powell's husband, Josh Powell, Monday night. However, Josh was a no-show for that interview.
(snipped)
linds1980
Scared Monkey

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2009, 04:56:25 AM »

Quite a few comments on this page.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351526/Missing-West-Valley-womans-husband-hires-attorney.html?linkTrack=rss-32

Missing West Valley woman's husband hires attorney
By Pat Reavy

Deseret News

Published: Monday, Dec. 14, 2009 5:35 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY — No new leads were reported Monday in the disappearance of a West Valley woman missing for more than a week. Meanwhile, her husband, who police have not labeled as a suspect, has hired a high profile Salt Lake attorney.

Josh Powell has retained the services of Scott Williams, sources told the Deseret News. Williams did not return a call Monday placed by the News to his office.

Williams has been involved in a couple of recent high profile cases, including the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping in which he represented co-defendant Wanda Barzee in both her state and federal court proceedings. Williams also represented Christopher Jeppson, one of two men charged in the 1995 murder of Kiplyn Davis.

Police continued looking Monday for Josh Powell's wife, 28-year-old Susan Powell, who has not been seen since Dec. 7.

He told police he left his house about midnight on Dec. 6 to go camping with their two sons, ages 2 and 4. He said they went to the Simpson Springs recreation area in Tooele County. Temperatures that night were well below 32 degrees.

Powell later told police he slept with his boys inside their van. Investigators searching that area over the weekend said they could neither prove nor disprove Powell was there, due to a layer of fresh snow.

On Dec. 7, Josh Powell's mother went to her son's house after the couple's employers called asking why they had not shown up for work, and their day care called asking why their children were not dropped off. The doors were locked, and there were no signs of forced entry, said West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

Officers were called and broke a window to get into the house, fearing possible carbon monoxide poisoning. Inside, they found two fans directed at a spot on a floor that was wet, according to Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox. Cox flew to Salt Lake City from Washington state Sunday to assist in the search for his missing daughter.

Josh Powell returned to his house the afternoon of Dec. 7, less than 24 hours after he said he went camping.

Police say items belonging to Susan Powell that "one would normally take" when leaving the house were still in the residence.

Police interviewed Josh Powell the night of Dec. 7. Investigators had asked Powell to come in again this week for follow-up questions, and there was speculation he would be interviewed Monday. But by Monday afternoon, he had not shown up at the West Valley Police Department.

JoVanna Owings told KSL-TV she had dinner with the Powells the afternoon of Dec. 6 and may have been the last person to see Susan Powell, other than Josh Powell.

"There was no indication that there were any problems, nothing that would indicate that anything was any different than any other day," Owings said.

There was no mention of camping that afternoon.

Owings told KSL she spoke with Josh Powell on his cell phone the following day before he came home, but she declined to talk about what was discussed.

Court records show Josh Powell filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2007 with nearly $188,000 in unsecured debt, including a nearly $60,000 debt for student loans and $90,000 owed to a collection agency.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:50 AM »

Husband of missing Utah mom isn’t talking
But father of Susan Powell still hopes husband will cooperate with police

Although he has not been named as a suspect, the husband of a missing Utah mother of two has stopped talking to police and hired a prominent criminal defense lawyer as the mystery deepens over what happened to Susan Powell.

<snipped>

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34428565/ns/today-today_people/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »

Susan Powell's Father on Son-in-Law: 'I Don't Know What to Think'
Joshua Powell, Husband of Missing Mom Susan Powell, Skipped Police Interview, Hired Lawyer (With video)

The father of a missing Utah mother who initially defended his son-in-law against suspicions that he might be involved in her disappearance said he's now not sure what to believe.

"I don't know what to think," Charles Cox told "Good Morning America" today. "This case is suspicious and, well, it's just unexplainable."

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing for more than a week. Her husband, Joshua Powell, told police he left his wife at home to take their young sons on a late-night camping trip in the woods and she was gone when they returned.

"I did ask him if he had any idea where his wife, my daughter Susan, could be. He said he didn't," Cox said of Joshua Powell. "He was sincere sounding."

MORE...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/missing-mom-susan-powell-suspicion-grows-husband-lawyers/story?id=9336078
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09:51 AM »

<snipped>

Neighbors also said Powell had spoken openly about seeking a divorce from her husband. One neighbor has been quoted as saying Powell was trying to save money to leave her husband.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351578/Bleak-holiday-for-Powells-boys.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »

Images grabbed from the Today Show.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:21:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

Real concerned husband  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:22:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
Real concerned husband  

You would think he would want to help find her if he had nothing to do with it regardless of how uncomfortable it makes him.  This speaks volumes to me.  I feel so bad for the two boys.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:22:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »

Utah Police Say Missing Mom's Husband Hinders Investigation
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580262,00.html?test=latestnews

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2009, 02:30:04 PM »

This is bull ... if the husband is innocent why not cooperate fully and eliminate himself as a suspect? What a POS.

It's called divorce, people. It's not pretty. But it's a hell of a lot prettier than murdering the mother of your children. Just sayin.

I remember you, Caylee.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2009, 02:36:04 PM »

This is bull ... if the husband is innocent why not cooperate fully and eliminate himself as a suspect? What a POS.

It's called divorce, people. It's not pretty. But it's a hell of a lot prettier than murdering the mother of your children. Just sayin.
Unbelievable, this guy is a good for nothing bum, imo. Thank-you for the images from the Today Show Northern. What a pity for the little boys and the family. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.