April 18, 2024, 05:40:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353188 times)
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1000 on: March 24, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »

Has Tim Miller or anyone from TES been looking for Susan???

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1001 on: March 24, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »

No...they have to be asked by a family member, I believe.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1002 on: March 25, 2010, 01:09:28 AM »

No...they have to be asked by a family member, I believe.

UGH, that does not look good to happen then, huh?????

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1003 on: March 25, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »

This is the most frustrating case that I ever followed.  It seems like nothing is being done.  LE  doesn't want to do their job.  Why?  Are we ever going to find out about the wet spot that was being dried out by fans. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1004 on: March 25, 2010, 09:24:57 AM »

good questions

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1005 on: March 25, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:53:17 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1006 on: March 25, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »

The warrants also discuss witnesses who "could face a substantial risk of possible harm" if identified, the order states.    Risk from who?
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1007 on: March 25, 2010, 10:28:50 PM »

The warrants also discuss witnesses who "could face a substantial risk of possible harm" if identified, the order states.    Risk from who?

i hope their not talking about the children, but how would they get to that idea,
from the developing evidence

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1008 on: March 26, 2010, 02:01:28 AM »

An innocent comment from one/both of the kids may have tipped the scales for LE.   If so, they will not want to let that info out, not even to the 'family'.  Those boys have been whisked away into another state by their father, who still very well *could be* the one responsible for whatever happened to Susan.  The boys have to live with him 24/7.  I'd think their safety would be priority at this point.  Just in case... ya know?   

I don't even know if that's who LE is talking about, but it sure is the first thing I thought of. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1009 on: March 27, 2010, 07:21:58 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10159431

Tooele County sheriff has concerns about search for Susan Powell
March 26th, 2010 @ 6:14pm
By Alex Cabrero

TOOELE COUNTY -- It's been nearly four months since West Valley mother Susan Powell was reported missing. Her friends are launching a massive search for her.

That search will be in the West Desert, starting at Simpson Springs, and the Tooele County sheriff has some concerns. Sheriff Frank Park is worried a lot of people going out there don't really know what desert conditions are like, and he doesn't want anyone with good intentions to get hurt.

The volunteer search for Susan, scheduled for April 10, will include a massive operation in Tooele County's West Desert by Powell's friends.
The heart of a volunteer should never be questioned. They do a great job, and they're there to help," Park says.

The sheriff says he's heard from search organizers there could be 2,000 volunteers, which makes him a little nervous.

"My major concerns are the accountability for the people coming and going. If we've got 2,000 people showing up, we want to make sure we got 2,000 people coming back," Park says.

Simpson Springs is where the search will be based. It's where Josh Powell said he was camping the night his wife was last seen at their West Valley home, but it's not the easiest place to search.

"In our desert, there are mine shafts; there's unexploded ordinances," Park says. "This time of year, with the animals giving birth or coming out of the stressful winter. There's a lot of dangers."

Tooele County detectives have been busy. In the past few months, they've had several reports of piles of bones that turned out to be dogs.

"We get calls," Park says.

One caller told Park that he noticed some dirt that was disturbed at a grave site in the old mining town of Mercur. Detectives went out there and dug all the way to the coffin. They didn't find anything, but these kinds of tips are something the sheriff says they always have to follow.

"We are continually, on the weekends and the first of the week, following up on information and reports of something suspicious out in the middle of the desert," Park says.

There are a lot of people hoping one of those tips, or next
month's search, turns into something real.

"Hopefully, it'll be a safe, great day; and the concern of everybody throughout the country is to get closure for this family. If that happens, that's great," Park says.

One of the organizers of the search says the snow is starting to melt. She's hoping that will help someone find something.

E-mail: acabrero@ksl.com
Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2010, 08:18:01 AM »

So, did they turn over that concrete slab yet??

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2010, 10:01:58 AM »

I would sure hope so 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2010, 01:30:15 PM »

I found this Nut.
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d23-Susan-Cox-Powell-Update-on-cement-strip-found-in-West-Desert
Susan Cox Powell: Update on cement strip found in West Desert
March 23, 10:04 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder
March 23, 2010 - Linda Osborne, who has been searching the West Desert since early December for missing Utah mom, Susan Cox Powell, stumbled upon a piece of cement the size and shape of a human body that, thankfully, turned out to be nothing more than a piece of cement.

The odd-shaped cement had many concerned that it might have been covering a body.

On Friday, Deputy N. Collins attempted to locate the cement strip. Sheriff Frank Park requested Osborne return to the site Saturday to meet Deputy Collins to determine if what he found was indeed the cement strip in question.

Once the deputy confirmed the cement strip he requested Osborne stay away from the strip. Osborne said, "The deputy requested I not get any closer in order to protect possible evidence. We were about 25' away from the cement strip."

Osborne mentioned to Deputy Collins that the cement strip looked like it could possibly be a body because of the shape.
Deputy Collins said to her, "It very well could be."

Sheriff Park then told Examiner.com he would have his detective unit go flip the cement to see if anything was underneath.

Tuesday Examiner.com received an email from Sheriff Park that said, "It was just discarded cement from a few years back and undisturbed soil."

Osborne is pleased the Tooele Sheriff's department investigated the cement.

Sheriff Park said he did not receive Osborne's email she sent in February with a map, photo, and description of the cement. Once he learned about the cement strip, he acted on it.

Initially Osborne thought the cement strip could be covering Susan's body, but after further inspection of the cement strip, she determined it was most likely not wide enough in the hip area. The concern was that it could have been covering a child's body.

Susan Cox Powell, 28, went missing from her West Valley City home Dec. 6. Her husband, Josh Powell, is the last known person to see her when she went to bed at midnight. He told police and media that just after Susan went to bed he took their two young sons, then ages 2 and 4, on an overnight camping trip.

It was snowing that night and temperatures were subfreezing. He claims he forgot what day it was and that he went camping because he and his boys liked to do S'Mores. He said when he returned the following day his wife had disappeared and he didn't know where she was.

His story has been largely criticized and disbelieved.
Josh Powell is the only person of interest in what police call a missing person's case with suspicious criminal overtones.

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »

Thanks  I think he burned her in a firepit somewhere... 

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2010, 02:50:12 PM »

since it was bad weather that nite in at least a 50 mile radius.
and josh was driving a van with the boys in it, i dont think he would
use any roads that are real hazardous for driving. but in utah, there
are cliffs and canyons, on the main roads, just pull over and drop the
body over, i think its time for an aerial search, b4 the over growth starts
i bet their is someone who would donate a day or two, and fuel to the
search, ill give 20$ towards it
if youve never been to utah, its a vast wilderness,that the cities are
perched on, leave the city limits, and your back to the wilderness

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1015 on: March 31, 2010, 12:24:00 PM »

me too.   
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »

It would be a God Awful order if he did that and they boys would remember that smell forever.

I wont throw it out but a open fire is risky ...... anyone could walk up on to it and aircraft see it from overhead..

Ever try to start a fire in the snow ?

In a ditch with a Log On Top.
In a ditch with Rock on top.
Between two boulders.
In a deep mine shaft.
Buried under sand.

LE does not even have a true direction of travel.

He made dinner and his wife ate that food.. He controlled the situation complete with witness as to her well being and his relationship with his wife as upbeat.
He controlled the news release as to direction of travel.
His kids were asleep in the vehicle. he controlled that too.

she wanted to end the family.. He made sure that came true..

Anything is possible here. Including her showing up alive.. Time will pass and people will forget.
He is betting on it.
jmho

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1017 on: March 31, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »

Anything is possible here. Including her showing up alive.. Time will pass and people will forget.
He is betting on it.
jmho

well hes SOL, her parents wont nor will we

LE does not even have a true direction of travel
right only his word, another controller he set up

the wilds of utah are vast, but people still wander through
its just a matter of time josh powell

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1018 on: April 01, 2010, 10:45:58 AM »

I don't think he's that ambitious Nut.  I have thought from the beginning that he did indeed go into the west desert, but not to Simpson Springs.  The easiest thing he could have done, considering the ground was frozen everywhere along the Wasatch Front, was take her out to the sand dunes at Knolls, dig thru a little bit of sand, and drive away.  Ground wasn't frozen there, and there was no snow on the ground.

The winds out there can be monstrous, so if he did put here there, and is as lazy as he appears to be - the winds could have shifted the sand enough that she could be visible.

There are usually a ton of people out there over Easter weekend (for recreational purposes), so that could stir things up a bit as well.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1019 on: April 01, 2010, 11:44:39 AM »

That could also explain the wind burns on his face and hands noted by a neighbor.
I did not know how close the sand dunes were to this situation but that could make sense.
Wonder if LE found any sand in his vehicle or in the cloth he was wearing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.