April 25, 2024, 06:59:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353341 times)
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1040 on: April 09, 2010, 06:39:39 AM »

It upsets me to think what those precious boys are being told about their Mother.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1041 on: April 09, 2010, 10:26:39 AM »

It upsets me to think what those precious boys are being told about their Mother.
I know, this case get's me so angry that I will read here but seldom post 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1042 on: April 10, 2010, 01:05:10 PM »

Interesting blog entry:

<snipped>

I have a friend who was on the board of directors of a land fill here in the Salt Lake Valley for a while. And he would go to conferences around the country to learn more about the business. He said that in most of the country, where they don't pay attention, all you need to get rid of a body is a roll of carpet, and a pickup truck.

Sounds like something out of, "The Soprano's" but it's a true story.

Susan Powell's husband needs to come clean. No amount of desert searches are going to find his wife. And if you don't believe me? Guy's, has YOUR wife ever left the house without her purse and cell phone? I rest my case.

<much more at link>

http://truthstick.blogspot.com/2010/04/susan-powell.html

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1043 on: April 10, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »

Here's a great site for Susan:

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1044 on: April 10, 2010, 01:14:36 PM »

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1045 on: April 10, 2010, 01:15:12 PM »

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1046 on: April 10, 2010, 04:55:41 PM »

What a beautiful lady ::MonkeyAngel::I pray for her to be found soon. an angelic monkey

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1047 on: April 10, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »

Massive search for Susan Powell turns up empty-handed

5:18 PM MDT, April 10, 2010
SALT LAKE CITY - A massive search effort in Utah's West Desert as volunteers tried to solve the mystery of missing West Valley Woman, Susan Powell. About 50 searchers gathered in Rush Valley in Tooele County where Powell's husband told investigators he took their children camping in a snowstorm the night she went missing. Susan Powell has not been seen since December 2009.

A family friend of Susan's family said the kindness is overwhelming. "I think the biggest thing that this will do is make us not feel alone," Shelby Gifford said.

The search group came up empty handed at the end of the day with no sign or clues of Susan's remains. "While on the one hand I really want her to be found so we can have some closure. At the same time, it's going to be a very sad day when they find her," Susan's best friend Kiirsi Hellewell said.

There are no more large scale searches planned at this time. Volunteers say they hope that investigators can at least cross the area off their list.
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-massive-search-for-susan-empty-handed,0,3627934.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1048 on: April 10, 2010, 08:25:33 PM »

Thanks for the updates.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1049 on: April 11, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »

Susan Powell Update:
Young couple releases song ‘How I wish I could find you’

(Dedicated to missing Utah mom, Susan Powell)
by Sugar and Spice

January 18, 2:26 PM  - Seattle Family Examiner  - Isabelle Zehnder

A song released today is a touching rendition of the story of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell.

The hearts of a young couple, Brook and Alicia Nuttall, were touched by Susan’s story. Their caring and concern can be felt when hearing their just-released song “How I wish I could find you”.

“How I wish I could find you” was written by both Brook and Alicia and was sung by Alicia, who said, “I was captivated from day one, when I first read the news on KSL that Susan Powell was missing. The circumstance in which she disappeared is so intriguing and nothing about the situation seemed explainable or normal.”

“I felt that there was something so familiar about her and that somehow I knew her even though I can't recall ever meeting her. When I read more about the details of her life, her marriage, and emails she sent, I couldn't help but imagine what I would have felt like if this mother had been me, and all the possible things she must have gone through that could have led up to her disappearance.”

“I imagined very well how much she loved her little boys and wanted them to know that she would never deliberately leave them, since I too have three young children ages 5, 3, and 2.”

“I also imagined the pain that her family and close ones must be going through since I too recently had a personal loss in my family. It was hard to move on and appreciate what I hadn't lost. So, because of Susan Powell's story, I now have a greater appreciation for my life and cherish my husband and children even more.”

“At first my husband was surprised with my constant talking to him about the story, since there seems to be so many tragic stories in the news every day. But I was surprised that he was actually patient with me and let me continue to talk about it, and he himself started to follow the story.”

“When something moves me emotionally, I feel the desire to write a song, so I started to write the song about Susan Powell in a way that I felt that family or friends or anyone could relate too and hopefully be comforted in some way.”

“I also felt that she would hear the song herself, either on this earth or in heaven and that this song could somehow help in finding her and to help heal the pain. If this song has helped no one else, it has at least comforted me.”

Alicia ended with, “My husband was so excited about the song when I showed it to him, that he helped me write a lot of the second verse and he helped me put the song together for sharing with others.”

Brook said, “I felt drawn to this story because Susan’s smile and sweet personality that shines through, in the many pictures that have been posted of her, reminds me of one of my daughters that has a similar smile and sweetness, that I feel that Susan must be the same kind of person. My heart goes out to the family and anyone affected by her being missing."

To hear song, click on link then just under the title to the left, click on play.  Lyrics are included on same page:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_3164750

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2010m1d18-Susan-Powell-Update-Young-couple-releases-song-for-Susan-How-I-wish-I-could-find-you

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1050 on: April 12, 2010, 11:58:57 AM »

Someone at WS heard on the news that the dogs found something during a search and another dog confirmed.  Haven't heard or read anything reported to the media about this yet.  Am holding out hope this is true. 

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1051 on: April 12, 2010, 12:04:15 PM »

That is GREAT News.. Lets hope they have her.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1052 on: April 12, 2010, 12:04:16 PM »

Josh finally 'allowed' the Cox's time to spend with the boys.  But he timed that visit for the same day the big search was going on for Susan.  He *could have* allowed this visit at anytime, so doing it on that day seems very spiteful somehow.  IMO.  Means the Cox's couldn't attend the search even by showing support to other family members involved.   

Josh is despicable, IMO.   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1053 on: April 12, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »

Ground and air search for Susan Cox Powell: Two confirmed search dog findings

<MUCH more at link below>

Two findings

There were some findings throughout the day. The Tooele County Deputy was alerted to women's underwear that were found in an area above the Simpson Springs camp sites.

Kiirsi said, "The parachute guys were coming back in and reported two areas of interest. Just as we were about to leave, radio information came in that ground searchers with a search dog had found a pair of women's underwear. More dogs were brought in."

The cadaver dog that located the underwear alerted its handler of a specific area about 50' from the underwear. A second dog was brought in that confirmed the two hits.

At that point the sheriff's deputy at the command post was notified and responded. He called in a detective and another officer, and the three collected the evidence. They seemed very interested in the finding. It is unknown at this time if the items belonged to Susan or to someone else.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m4d10-Ground-and-air-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-Two-confirmed-search-dog-findings

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1054 on: April 12, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »

<from the above link>

While the search for Susan was in full swing in the West Desert in Utah her father and mother, Chuck and Judy Cox, were finally able to spend some time with Susan's two young sons, Charlie, 5, and Braden, 3, in Puyallup, Washington.

Josh Powell, Susan's husband, agreed Chuck and Judy could meet at a local park at 1 p.m. Saturday to spend some time with the children.

Something they haven't had the luxury of doing for months and something they simply couldn't miss. Otherwise, there is no doubt Chuck Cox would have been at Simpson Springs today thanking everyone for their dedication and efforts in searching for clues into Susan's disappearance.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1055 on: April 12, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »

That's a far cry from 'Massive search for Susan Powell turns up empty-handed
', as reported earlier. 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: April 12, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »

Hi ALL

HERE is the latest it appears  they are not Susan's belongings...

http://connect2utah.com/content/fulltext/?cid=83362
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: April 12, 2010, 05:21:49 PM »

NUTS...

Back to the research
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1058 on: April 18, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »

Seems like several cases have come to a screeching halt.   

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: April 20, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »

Never the less Susan must be found..

The family of Susan and there friends were the limitation in this case from the beginning..
They should have been hot on this idiot and had CPS take those children from the him.
They have enabled a liar and worse by NOT performing in the best intrests of Susan faster.
The family friend and spoksperson was / has not helped at all by suggesting to her family that Susan was alive. Pure Bullshift. Very irresponsible. Her family should have been hot on accusations with LE, EARLY on. They trusted him and crucified Susan in doing so.
jmho
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.