April 19, 2024, 03:38:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353196 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1120 on: June 20, 2010, 06:24:05 PM »

APX. distance to WVC  17 miles

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Red%20Butte%20Canyon%2C%20Salt%20Lake%20City%2C%20Salt%20Lake%2C%20Utah%2084108%20to%20West%20Valley%20City%20UT&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1121 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:00 AM »

It is now being reported as only a 'foot' and that it is male. ....then they mention dental records...ugh.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/local/kstu-decomposed-foot-found-near-red-butte-gardens,0,5142109.story
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:37:14 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1122 on: June 21, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

Body ID'd as Douglas Todd Nelson
http://www.dailyutahchronicle.com/news/body-identified-at-red-butte-garden-creek-1.2276100

akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1123 on: June 22, 2010, 12:26:42 AM »

I am glad someone's family will have closure.

I remember you, Susan.....

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1124 on: June 23, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/about_4/blogs/story/Brent-Hunsaker-Is-this-Find-Susan-billboard-too/XMlEMop9y0yIfzF9F8NoSA.cspx
Brent Hunsaker - Is this "Find Susan" billboard too late?

Reported by: Brent Hunsaker
Last Update: 6/22 4:54 pm
The billboard asking for help in the search for Susan Cox Powell is finally up in the Salt Lake Valley.

The billboard can be found along the 201 Highway in Magna. If it’s not near you, don’t despair. Reagan Outdoor Advertising, which donated the billboard, will move the message every couple months to a new location (mostly on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley). Odds are you’ll see it at some point in its “tour” during the year.

In fact, a lot of people should see it. That’s the point.

Some have said the billboard is too little, too late. Their theory is that it might have done some good in the first days or even weeks of Susan’s disappearance, but now we’re just too far removed from the event (six months and counting) and memories have faded.

Two counterpoints:
 When it comes to a disappearance, certainly sooner is better in everything. But both the West Valley Police Department and the Susan Cox Powell Foundation are to be commended for their working hard in to get this billboard deal done. It is never too late unless the case has already been solved.

- The billboard is needed now more than ever so people will not forget. There are so many positive things that can happen when the public remains engaged in an issue. This helps.

As much as I hate to admit it, not everyone has seen my stories on Susan over the past few months. Nor have they read all that’s been printed in newspapers or all that’s been spoken on radio. The billboard will extend the reach of the message: “This young mother is still missing. Please help.”

You never know what will be the “one thing” that breaks this case wide open, so you try everything.

Six months later is not “too late.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1125 on: June 29, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »

i almost forgot about the search, some info i found on it

Where is Susan Powell
6262010 Search for Susan Powell

Chris Willden I just wanted to express my personal THANK and GRATITUDE to everyone who attended the search on Saturday. A LOT of ground was covered and a couple items of interest were emailed to Tooele County S.O. (GPS Cords) Three flat tires total (thanks to donations we had plug kits and were able to repair them and inflate them... so they coulr either continue searching or get to a service station and get them repaired, LOTS of water drank and taken home, NO INJURIES, Munchies all eaten, more friends made, LOTS of effort put out by everyone, K-9's worked longer than anticipated (American Search and Rescue), Medics were bored (thats good), and estimate about 25-30 miles covered in the West Desert. Thank you again!See More
Yesterday at 11:08am
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187&v=wall

search pics from LindaOz53
http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt73/LindaOz53/6262010%20Search/

slide show
http://s599.photobucket.com/albums/tt73/LindaOz53/6262010%20Search/?albumview=slideshow

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1126 on: July 13, 2010, 02:07:36 PM »

from,Friends and Family of Susan Powell
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187&v=wall

Chuck Cox Still here, still waiting, still praying, still thankful for everyone's support. Someone, somewhere, has to know something that will help find Susan. Share Susan's story and pictures with people you meet, the more eyes looking for Susan, the better.10 hours ago ·

Jazzlyn Oakes does anyone talk to the people who moved into the house or made friends with them....is there any way that the police rented the house to monitor things?? thx14 hours ago ·

Kiirsi Branham Hellewell I know them. They're nice people, friends with Josh and Susan. They're not police. 4 hours ago

Quail Feathers Who remembers this ABC News video with George S.? The legal opinions are interesting and "educational." IMO, the prognosis is uncertain at this time.Why Joshua Powell Is Not a Suspect
abcnews.go.com
Why Joshua Powell Is Not a Suspect
18 hours ago ·
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=9398638

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1127 on: July 13, 2010, 02:18:06 PM »

i think tere are 2 new pgs at susanpowell.org

http://susanpowell.org/Pages/JoshPowell.aspx
http://susanpowell.org/Pages/Response/MormonsMobilize.aspx

snip
In spite of Josh's initial willingness to give these people the benefit of the doubt, they have chosen to be completely adversarial toward his family. From the beginning, their numerous statements and blogs have not only attempted to suppress the voice of all "outsiders," but have also ridiculed the grieving of the Powell family. There seems to be one core issue that motivates this group of detractors, and that is their religious cohesion.

The proficiency of the Mormon Church to organize and motivate people to action can be used for positive purposes, such as when church members help people with moving or with home repairs. However, this solidarity also motivates individuals to cover for fellow Mormons and attack perceived critics of Mormonism.

All of the known administrators and all of the leaders of the "Susan Cox Powell" movement to date (May 2010) are Mormons. It is undeniable that the tone and rhetoric is led by Mormons. We do offer thanks to the many people who have supported Susan and her family in a positive way. However, too many supporters are openly parroting the Mormons' hostility toward Josh and his father Steve, because Steve is an ex-Mormon.

From the beginning, Susan's father, Chuck Cox, started using the Mormon Church phone directory and Facebook as networks to privately contact Josh's friends and loved ones. Multiple reports and evidence of this came back to Josh. Among other things, Chuck was asking people to "pressure" Josh, asking them to withhold affection and friendship, and asking them to spy on Josh. In addition, Chuck's organization used the media to spread rumors and innuendo.

another snip
Leaving Mormonism
Josh and his family have recently been objects of contempt for "investigating Christianity as an alternative to Mormonism." It is unbelievable that anyone would feel threatened by hearing about the family's spiritual progress, considering the importance of God in this family's life. According to an ABC news story, Josh has his free agency to make choices, but "he is taking his two young boys [out of the Mormon church]. That infuriates friends of Susan." Obviously, this decision was difficult and painful, but a necessary decision for Josh and his children.
more

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1128 on: July 14, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

The Mormon Church Members have let down a grieving family and our nation.
They have hidden the truth by supporting a murderer.
I have seen this many times in my life where members of an organization misinterpret policy into there own views and commit wrong doings.

This is wrong. Period.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1129 on: July 17, 2010, 10:44:51 AM »

i think tere are 2 new pgs at susanpowell.org

http://susanpowell.org/Pages/JoshPowell.aspx

snip
In spite of Josh's initial willingness to give these people the benefit of the doubt, they have chosen to be completely adversarial toward his family. From the beginning, their numerous statements and blogs have not only attempted to suppress the voice of all "outsiders," but have also ridiculed the grieving of the Powell family. There seems to be one core issue that motivates this group of detractors, and that is their religious cohesion.

The proficiency of the Mormon Church to organize and motivate people to action can be used for positive purposes, such as when church members help people with moving or with home repairs. However, this solidarity also motivates individuals to cover for fellow Mormons and attack perceived critics of Mormonism.

All of the known administrators and all of the leaders of the "Susan Cox Powell" movement to date (May 2010) are Mormons. It is undeniable that the tone and rhetoric is led by Mormons. We do offer thanks to the many people who have supported Susan and her family in a positive way. However, too many supporters are openly parroting the Mormons' hostility toward Josh and his father Steve, because Steve is an ex-Mormon.

From the beginning, Susan's father, Chuck Cox, started using the Mormon Church phone directory and Facebook as networks to privately contact Josh's friends and loved ones. Multiple reports and evidence of this came back to Josh. Among other things, Chuck was asking people to "pressure" Josh, asking them to withhold affection and friendship, and asking them to spy on Josh. In addition, Chuck's organization used the media to spread rumors and innuendo.

another snip
Leaving Mormonism
Josh and his family have recently been objects of contempt for "investigating Christianity as an alternative to Mormonism." It is unbelievable that anyone would feel threatened by hearing about the family's spiritual progress, considering the importance of God in this family's life. According to an ABC news story, Josh has his free agency to make choices, but "he is taking his two young boys [out of the Mormon church]. That infuriates friends of Susan." Obviously, this decision was difficult and painful, but a necessary decision for Josh and his children.
more

It's interesting how the Powells are using the religion card to further distance Josh from the past. I always thought that the overwhelming support and ridiculous NON judgemental attitude the Mormans gave him in the beginning is how he managed to get away with this.  So many brotherly comments , a hoard of busy helper bees to clean the crime scene (house) and pack up his crap to move.... now the powell's can really cut the ties from any former friends who may inquire about him or the kids. Snip off all those pesky nosy people who fondly remember Susan.  I've got no opinion on the religious part but it's a strategic move.....erase the past.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1130 on: July 22, 2010, 01:38:43 PM »

Nearly 8 months since she went 'missing'..... I guess Josh gets to move on with her children under his Daddy's roof and nothing will be done ....  This case is a disgrace to society.....to humanity... and especially to Susan's family!  PATHETIC!

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1131 on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »

Nearly 8 months since she went 'missing'..... I guess Josh gets to move on with her children under his Daddy's roof and nothing will be done ....  This case is a disgrace to society.....to humanity... and especially to Susan's family!  PATHETIC!

**My Opinion Only**    one of these days, maybe years from now, I predict that another significant other of Josh Powell will disappear, he's a paranoid controlling ticking time bomb.    Where's Susan? 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1132 on: July 28, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »

mizjay..... I would not be at all surprised at that.... 

REMINDER:

The forum goes down today at.....

4pm PST
6pm Central Time
7pm Eastern Time

It will be down for at least 6 hours but it may be down longer.......

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1133 on: July 30, 2010, 01:15:27 PM »

All that support Josh are just a guilty as he is.

MURDER !
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1134 on: July 31, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »

All that support Josh are just a guilty as he is.

MURDER !
I agree with ya on that.  And aside from gang bang, street thugs killers, ( who are so desensitized to human value)  I really think that most murderers are nurtured throughout their lives. Bad behavior, odd behavior, acting out, paranoia, manipulation, threats, mental issues, etc, etc..........so that when the person does kill, the family or close friends deep down can believe it, they choose to not deal with it just like they have always done.   Wonder why that is?  Like maybe he was just driven to do it , it's a one time thing...I don't see how they rationalize it.
I don't get it.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1135 on: August 07, 2010, 09:25:51 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m8d6-Government-employee-sabotages-mine-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-Part-2-Photos
Government employee sabotages mine search for Susan Cox Powell, Part 2 (Photos)
August 6, 9:59 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

August 6, 2010 - A government employee working for the Division of Gas, Oil, and Mining (DOGM) allegedly sabotaged efforts to search a breached mine for clues into Susan Cox Powell’s disappearance after the West Valley City Police Department (WVCPD) alerted him of the search.

Corey Shuman, President of Gold Mine Expeditions, contacted the DOGM to complain about the slanderous statements made by the DOGM employee to the landowner. A conference call between the parties was organized.

Conference call

The conference call was placed Wed., August 4 at 1 p.m. by Dana Dean, the Assistant Director of DOGM.

Also on the call for DOGM were John Baza, Director of DOGM, and Luci Malin, Director of Utah’s Abandoned Mine Reclamation Program (UAMRP).

Representatives of the Susan Cox Powell search effort included Jeremiah Chesley for MU, Corey Shuman, President of GRE, Linda Osborne for the Susan Cox Powell search effort, and attorney Russ Hartill who provided office space for the call in Sandy, Utah.

Hartill represents both Gold Rush Expeditions and Mojave Underground in their individual capacities as mine exploration groups.

“The conference call was in response to actions taken by an employee within DOGM that appeared to have the effect of discouraging private landowners from cooperating with GRE, MU, and the Susan Cox Powell search effort,” Hartill said.

According to Linda Osborne, DOGM’s Dana Dean apologized for the DOGM employee’s actions that created an atmosphere that resulted in one landowner revoking permission to search his mine.

The intent of the search group was to lower a camera into the mine. When asked if this was legal, Hartill said Luci admitted this would NOT be in violation of Utah law.

Hartill said, “I am at a bit of a loss as to why a DOGM employee would so characterize our coalition of volunteers (who are merely trying to help give the Powell family and friends some closure) as partygoers.”

Shuman said, “It is unfortunate the DOGM employee acted recklessly of his own accord without the backing of the DOGM.”

Mr. Baza, DOGM Director, indicated he wished to continue better communication between the parties and Dana assured GRE, MU, and Linda that what transpired in this case would not happen again.

DOGM agreed if they are contacted by law enforcement in future mine searches for Susan, they will refer them back to the involved parties.

“We came out of the phone call encouraged and with the felling we are back on track in assisting the Susan Cox Powell search effort,” Hartill said.

Linda stated she would attempt to contact the landowner of the original, breached mine, to see if they can work together to have the mine searched.

Hartill stressed that both GRE and MU have members with unique sets of technical experience in examining old mines.

Hundreds of mines in Utah are scheduled to be backfilled beginning August 15, 2010. Attorney Hartill said the backfilling process creates a “permanent airtight closure.” Click here for Part 3, “Backfilling to begin August 15”.
Susan Cox Powell, reported missing Dec. 7, 2009

Susan is the 28-year-old mother of two who disappeared from her West Valley City home in Utah. Her husband, Josh Powell, remains the only person of interest in what police call a missing person’s case with suspicious criminal overtones.

Within a month of Susan’s disappearance, Josh moved to their hometown of Puyallup, Washington, where he currently resides with his father, siblings, and two young sons.

Josh told police and media that just after Susan went to bed on Sun., Dec. 6, he took their two young sons, then ages 2 and 4, on an overnight camping trip.

It was snowing that night and temperatures were subfreezing. He claims he forgot what day it was and that he went camping because he and his boys liked to do S'Mores. He said when he returned the following day his wife had disappeared and he didn't know where she was.

His story has been largely criticized and disbelieved.

Part 1 – Search efforts thwarted  http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m8d6-Government-employee-sabotages-mine-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-Part-1-Photos
Part 2 - Conference call  http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m8d6-Government-employee-sabotages-mine-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-Part-2-Photos
Part 3 – Backfilling mines: How it can hinder search for Susan  http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m8d6-Government-employee-sabotages-mine-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-Part-3-Photos
Part 4 – Details of what transpired between search group and government agencies  http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m8d6-Government-employee-sabotages-mine-search-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-Part-4-Photos

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1136 on: August 10, 2010, 08:13:13 PM »

trimm i think i had mentioned b4 that the owners of the mines, in utah an elsewhere
would not be receptive to outsiders, i know a few, and they are protective of their
claims, has to do with GOLD, not people missing, sometimes it takes yrs for the owner
to get back to their claim. it is said that the blm has workers that sorta oversee theses
 claims for a fee, a fee off the blm payroll of course, and once a mine has been
back filled, it is a difficult task,$$$ and labor to undo safely
the seachers would be better off checking this and talk to the claim owner

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/index.shtm
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=MC
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/reference/NILS_GC_How_to_use_guide_LSIS_2007.pdf

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1137 on: August 11, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »

trimm i think i had mentioned b4 that the owners of the mines, in utah an elsewhere
would not be receptive to outsiders, i know a few, and they are protective of their
claims, has to do with GOLD, not people missing, sometimes it takes yrs for the owner
to get back to their claim. it is said that the blm has workers that sorta oversee theses
 claims for a fee, a fee off the blm payroll of course, and once a mine has been
back filled, it is a difficult task,$$$ and labor to undo safely
the seachers would be better off checking this and talk to the claim owner

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/index.shtm
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=MC
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/GeoComm/reference/NILS_GC_How_to_use_guide_LSIS_2007.pdf

not sure if any monkeys are helping in the searches or talk to the searchers
sorry i forgot a link for the above map system

A. choose state/utah
B.choose county/Tooele
C. choose all forests
click search, you get a list of claims, click the heading { more info } will give the name of the owner, if you click the blue i, it will located on the map

claim search
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/mining_claim_search.faces

how to use

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1138 on: August 11, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »

not sure if any monkeys are helping in the searches or talk to the searchers
sorry i forgot a link for the above map system

A. choose state/utah
B.choose county/Tooele
C. choose all forests
click search, you get a list of claims, click the heading { more info } will give the name of the owner, if you click the blue i, it will located on the map

claim search
http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/mining_claim_search.faces

how to use

sorry bad case of crs today
you can click heading [ reports] for owner info name, addy, ect.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1139 on: August 11, 2010, 03:16:37 PM »

cw618,thanks for posting that info,I remember you mentioning the mines before.
Hopefully if we have any monkeys here that are invloved in the searches they will see and use your information.   

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.