April 24, 2024, 08:31:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353302 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2009, 09:45:36 AM »

I was just wondering, Susan's father had said he sent toys for the boys for Christmas. I don't know a lot about the Mormon faith, but we had neighbors that were Mormon, and they didn't celebrate Christmas with presents. Josh by all accounts is controlling, I wonder if they got into a fight about the Christmas toys? Silly maybe, but a person like that can go off pretty easily, and maybe that upset him?
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2009, 10:02:01 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:24:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2009, 10:26:07 AM »

I was just wondering, Susan's father had said he sent toys for the boys for Christmas. I don't know a lot about the Mormon faith, but we had neighbors that were Mormon, and they didn't celebrate Christmas with presents. Josh by all accounts is controlling, I wonder if they got into a fight about the Christmas toys? Silly maybe, but a person like that can go off pretty easily, and maybe that upset him?

I read somewhere (and who knows where) that the mother was buying a few presents for the boys for Christmas. Josh looks like he could easily fly off the handle at anything.jmo

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2009, 10:33:28 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580337,00.html

Missing Utah Mom's Husband A 'Person of Interest', Police Say

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SALT LAKE CITY  —
Joshua Powell, whose wife disappeared from their West Valley City, Utah, home more than a week ago, is considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, said Assistant Police Chief Craig Black.

"We've been interested in what Josh has had to say all along," said Black.

Black said that detectives have met twice with Josh Powell. "He submitted to a search warrant and provided a DNA sample."

"I wouldn't characterize him (Joshua) as being cooperative."

Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7 when she didn't show up to work and her children weren't dropped off at day care.

Josh Powell told police he took his two boys, ages 2 and 4, camping around 12:30 a.m. that day and returned in the evening.

Investigators said they haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the site — Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert.

The Powell home was locked when police arrived and they broke in, fearing the family had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. They found no signs of forced entry.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, has said police found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans when they entered.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan declined to comment on that, but said earlier Tuesday that Josh Powell was costing the police valuable time because he failed to show up for an interview on Monday.

"We are very disappointed in that because he is not a suspect and this delays the investigation — it slows things down," McLachlan said early Tuesday. "His stated purpose is he wants to find Susan and that is also our stated purpose on this missing persons case, and this complicates the issue."

McLachlan said police initially interviewed Josh Powell when he returned home and then again the next day. Police have also interviewed the Powells' older son.

Williams said the Monday interview was canceled at his request.

"We have been in contact with West Valley City police multiple times daily," he said. "The Monday afternoon possible interview was canceled by me that morning because I was new and because I needed more information to provide effective consultation and advice."

Williams is a Salt Lake City defense attorney who often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. He declined to specify exactly when he was retained by Josh Powell.

McLachlan said late Tuesday that he wasn't aware if police had met with Josh Powell on Tuesday.

"I'm going to have to wait to the morning to get briefed until I can make any statement," he said.

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, said she has been in contact with Josh Powell on a daily basis but hasn't asked him specific questions about Susan in an effort not to interfere with the investigation or to lose his trust as a friend.

"He doesn't do a lot of talking. He mostly looks upset and confused and is crying most of the time," Hellewell said.

She said she sat next to Josh Powell at church on Sunday and that he cried through most of the service.

It was at that same church on Dec. 5 that the last known pictures of Susan Powell were taken. The couple and their children attended a Christmas breakfast, where one picture shows a smiling Josh Powell with a camera hanging around his neck, talking with his children while his wife stands a few feet away reaching for food.

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he and the family, and yes he has the picture," Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture, wrote in a message to The Associated Press.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »

Missing Utah Mom's Husband A 'Person of Interest', Police Say
Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SALT LAKE CITY  —  Joshua Powell, whose wife disappeared from their West Valley City, Utah, home more than a week ago, is considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell, said Assistant Police Chief Craig Black ....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580337,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2009, 11:53:16 AM »

Conflicting reports coming out on husband of missing West Valley woman

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) – ABC 4 is hearing two different stories about what's happening in the investigation of a missing West Valley woman. Conflicting reports are coming out about whether or not Susan Powell's husband is cooperating with police.

On the one hand, police tell ABC 4 News, Josh Powell is not agreeing to any more interviews, but several reports now cite Powell's attorney which claims his client is cooperating with interview requests from police. In fact, a report from the Associated Press said Powell met with police Tuesday and has been answering their questions on a daily basis.

Tuesday ABC 4 made several calls to Powell’s attorney to confirm the reports, but our calls were not immediately returned.

This story of cooperation is not what ABC 4 is hearing from police.

Since his wife, Susan Powell, disappeared over a week ago, police said he spoke with officers several times, but later got advice from his attorney to cut off police interviews.

A prominent defense attorney, not related to the case, said it's actually smart idea.

"An attorney is smart when he or she tells his client you're not talking anymore to the police until we figure out if you're a suspect or where you are in the process," said Greg Skordas, Attorney.

So far police are suspicious of Susan Powell's disappearance, but her husband is not being named a suspect in this case. Right now ABC 4 is told he's simply one of several persons of interest.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Conflicting-reports-coming-out-on-husband-of/v421aDA_LUiQ4lyAHbHTcw.cspx
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2009, 11:53:47 AM »

OOOPS!

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2009, 11:56:12 AM »

I am not sure he was as religious as Susan was.  There was one article that stated Susan took the boys to church every week and it made it sound like it was without Josh and he was not happy about it. I am wondering if he had this planned and did not want her to get close to anyone so as not to send off warning bells.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »

OOOPS!

???   
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2009, 12:00:53 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xo1uUa_eCbU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xo1uUa_eCbU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:25:26 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2009, 12:08:08 PM »

Paper: DNA Sample Taken From Missing Utah Mom's Husband

SALT LAKE CITY - Police have obtained a DNA sample from the husband of a Utah woman now missing for 10 days, according to a newspaper report.

The Salt Lake Tribune reports police have obtained DNA samples from several people, including Josh Powell, and that it does not indicate he is a suspect.

Powell's attorney says his client has been answering questions on a daily basis and is not hindering the investigation into Susan's disappearance.

Attorney Scott Williams told The Associated Press that he and Josh Powell met with West Valley City police on Tuesday. He said Powell is answering police questions in an effort to help find his 28-year-old wife, Susan.

Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7 when she didn't show up to work and her children weren't dropped off at day care.

Josh Powell told police he took his two boys, ages 2 and 4, camping around 12:30 a.m. that day and returned in the evening.

Investigators said they haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the site - Simpson Springs on the historic Pony Express Trail in Utah's west desert.

The Powell home was locked when police arrived and they broke in, fearing the family had suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning. They found no signs of forced entry.

Susan Powell's father, Charles Cox, has said police found a wet spot in the house being dried by two fans when they entered.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan declined to comment on that, but said earlier Tuesday that Josh Powell was costing the police valuable time because he failed to show up for an interview on Monday.

"We are very disappointed in that because he is not a suspect and this delays the investigation - it slows things down," McLachlan said early Tuesday. "His stated purpose is he wants to find Susan and that is also our stated purpose on this missing persons case, and this complicates the issue."

McLachlan said police initially interviewed Josh Powell when he returned home and then again the next day. Police have also interviewed the Powells' older son.

Williams said the Monday interview was canceled at his request.

"We have been in contact with West Valley City police multiple times daily," he said. "The Monday afternoon possible interview was canceled by me that morning because I was new and because I
needed more information to provide effective consultation and advice."

Williams is a Salt Lake City defense attorney who often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. He declined to specify exactly when he was retained by Josh Powell.

McLachlan said late Tuesday that he wasn't aware if police had met with Josh Powell on Tuesday.

"I'm going to have to wait to the morning to get briefed until I can make any statement," he said.

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, said she has been in contact with Josh Powell on a daily basis but hasn't asked him specific questions about Susan in an effort not to interfere with
the investigation or to lose his trust as a friend.

"He doesn't do a lot of talking. He mostly looks upset and confused and is crying most of the time," Hellewell said.

She said she sat next to Josh Powell at church on Sunday and that he cried through most of the service.

It was at that same church on Dec. 5 that the last known pictures of Susan Powell were taken. The couple and their children attended a Christmas breakfast, where one picture shows a smiling
Josh Powell with a camera hanging around his neck, talking with his children while his wife stands a few feet away reaching for food.

"Susan and her family were very normal and seemed all happy to be there. We actually talked to them quite a bit. Josh seemed really happy to be there and he asked me to take a picture of he
and the family, and yes he has the picture," Mindy Kay Perry Guzman, who took the picture, wrote in a message to The Associated Press.

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67432
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »

Friends and neighbors hold vigil for missing West Valley woman
December 10th, 2009 @ 10:15pm

<snipped>

Neighbor talks about conversation with Josh Powell

Earlier in the day Thursday, the Powells' neighbor talked to KSL News about a conversation he had with Josh Powell Wednesday night.

Tim Peterson said Josh asked him for a ride to pick up his van, which police had searched. He said Josh's behavior was odd and he didn't know what to make of it.

"She's a friend of ours, and this is tearing us up," Peterson said.

Like many others, Peterson has a lot of questions about Susan's disappearance, and he didn't get any answers from Josh.

"He'd only had like six hours of sleep in two days, and so he was just kind of in a haze. He just really wasn't himself," Peterson said. "Anytime we mentioned Susan, he didn't, he wouldn't respond. He wouldn't talk about her."

But Peterson said Josh did talk about having to buy new clothes and a new quilt. He said Josh also told him he last saw Susan just after midnight Monday, when he left with his two young boys to go camping  ...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8986844

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »

Klaas and I posted the same article at almost the exact same time.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »

Janet

LOL ok.  I was worried about you as it took you a while to post again.  Thought you got snowed in with that west coast weather or something like that.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »

Janet

LOL ok.  I was worried about you as it took you a while to post again.  Thought you got snowed in with that west coast weather or something like that.   

No snow since Monday evening.  Yesterday and today ... rain ... rain and ... more rain.  From a selfish point of view ... I hope the white stuff stays away until after Christmas.  Christmas activities and Christmas shopping implies I have to be behind that wheel and ... driving in the snow is not my thing.  Hubby is more confident.

Merry Christmas Northern Rose

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »

Interesting Comments

Friend of the family | 1:39 p.m. Dec. 15, 2009
The friend Susan had dinner with, came to the house...they were working on a project together, so Susan and the woman ate in the other room (Right next to the kitchen).
I really hope Josh didn't do it...I know him personally, and he IS a jerk...but I don't see him capable of Murder. But I also don't see Susan leaving her boys...That being said, Josh sure isn't trying to clear his name...I don't understand why he's not cooperating.

This is just a tale... | 5:06 p.m. Dec. 15, 2009
Man gets enraged when his wife breaks the news...late at night after the young children are in bed...that she is filing for divorce. In his rage he kills her. Needing to dispose of the body, he places places her body in the car...maybe the back of a van. Then he goes back into the home to do a little cleanup. After getting the cleanup/fans going, he quietly takes the children out to the car. The children do not even awaken as he carries them from their beds to their car seats. They drive to their destination and the body is disposed of.

When the young children wake up the next morning, their dad explains he wanted to take them camping, although the weather outside is far below freezing. What he didn't explain is that this is just a ruse so that he could dispose of their mother's body.

Upon arriving back to the residence, the husband thinks everyone will buy this tale...

Fiction? Could be...but I don't think so.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705351731/Susan-Powells-husband-Josh-meets-with-West-Valley-City-police.html?pg=2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »

Janet

No snow since Monday evening.  Yesterday and today ... rain ... rain and ... more rain.  From a selfish point of view ... I hope the white stuff stays away until after Christmas.  Christmas activities and Christmas shopping implies I have to be behind that wheel and ... driving in the snow is not my thing.  Hubby is more confident.

Merry Christmas Northern Rose

Janet

Merry Christmas and God Bless.  I have relatives in the Fraser Valley and their attitutude when it snows is "god bring it and god will take it away"  .  They don't shovel!

Sorry for the O/T
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »

I am not sure he was as religious as Susan was.  There was one article that stated Susan took the boys to church every week and it made it sound like it was without Josh and he was not happy about it. I am wondering if he had this planned and did not want her to get close to anyone so as not to send off warning bells.
That could be. And thanks everyone for all the articles. That timeline was very good. That sledding story gets to me also, not that kids that age can't go sledding, but it was so dark and cold, just seems inappropriate to me to take tiny kids sledding.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2009, 12:38:00 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
There we go, thanks. He was letting her buy some presents for the boys.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:26:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.