April 19, 2024, 01:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353193 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2009, 12:39:03 PM »

Merry Christmas and God Bless.  I have relatives in the Fraser Valley and their attitutude when it snows is "god bring it and god will take it away"  .  They don't shovel!

Sorry for the O/T

My hubby does shovel and ... that worries me.  Son-in-law and/or son tell him to leave it and ... they will be over after work but ... he beats them to it every time.

Hey ... this guy was up on the ladder and walking on the roof putting up Christmas lights.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »

I was just wondering, Susan's father had said he sent toys for the boys for Christmas. I don't know a lot about the Mormon faith, but we had neighbors that were Mormon, and they didn't celebrate Christmas with presents. Josh by all accounts is controlling, I wonder if they got into a fight about the Christmas toys? Silly maybe, but a person like that can go off pretty easily, and maybe that upset him?

I am not sure he was as religious as Susan was.  There was one article that stated Susan took the boys to church every week and it made it sound like it was without Josh and he was not happy about it. I am wondering if he had this planned and did not want her to get close to anyone so as not to send off warning bells.
That could be. And thanks everyone for all the articles. That timeline was very good. That sledding story gets to me also, not that kids that age can't go sledding, but it was so dark and cold, just seems inappropriate to me to take tiny kids sledding.

The youngest in some articles says he is 1 and other he is 2.  Regardless I am betting he is still in diapers.  Sledding with a child in diapers does not last long if that diaper has been used.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2009, 01:17:36 PM »

I was just wondering, Susan's father had said he sent toys for the boys for Christmas. I don't know a lot about the Mormon faith, but we had neighbors that were Mormon, and they didn't celebrate Christmas with presents. Josh by all accounts is controlling, I wonder if they got into a fight about the Christmas toys? Silly maybe, but a person like that can go off pretty easily, and maybe that upset him?

I am not sure he was as religious as Susan was.  There was one article that stated Susan took the boys to church every week and it made it sound like it was without Josh and he was not happy about it. I am wondering if he had this planned and did not want her to get close to anyone so as not to send off warning bells.
That could be. And thanks everyone for all the articles. That timeline was very good. That sledding story gets to me also, not that kids that age can't go sledding, but it was so dark and cold, just seems inappropriate to me to take tiny kids sledding.

The youngest in some articles says he is 1 and other he is 2.  Regardless I am betting he is still in diapers.  Sledding with a child in diapers does not last long if that diaper has been used.

I read the older is 4...anyway how do you manage two children on a sled?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2009, 01:40:49 PM »

I would have no idea, but the four year old will certainly be able to do some major talking, kids that age don't miss a trick.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2009, 01:56:43 PM »

Josh Powell Called a 'Person of Interest' in Wife's Disappearance
David Wells Senior Web Producer
10:55 AM MST, December 16, 2009

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - West Valley City police say Josh Powell is a "person of interest" in the disappearance of his 28-year-old wife, Susan Powell, and police are now treating the case as a criminal investigation. Police say they have not discovered evidence of foul play in Susan Powell's disappearance, and Josh Powell is not being called a suspect. Susan was reported missing on Dec. 7, 2009 when she failed to appear at work and her children were not dropped off at day care. Josh Powell told police he took his two sons camping that day at about 12:30 a.m. and returned in the evening.

"Do we have evidence of an actual crime has been committed? We don't," said Assistant Chief Craig Black of the West Valley City police department. " I guess that's why we're not saying we have suspects in this case. Susan is a missing person at this time. And, we're concerned for her welfare. And, like Josh has stated, we have the same interest here. We would like to find Susan and see that she's brought back to her family."

After his initial interview with police, Powell retained a high-profile attorney, Scott Williams. Powell was scheduled to meet with police on Monday, but did not attend the meeting on the advice of his attorney. Powell met with detectives on Tuesday, and answered questions described as "very basic." Detectives say they are not ruling out the possibility of foul play, but they also say Susan Powell may have left at her own will. Family members say leaving her sons behind, however, would be out of character for Susan. A court order required DNA samples to be collected from Josh Powell and other family members.

"Strong interest is probably all I probably should say," said Chief Thayle Nielsen of the West Valley City police department when asked if Josh Powell is considered a suspect in Susan's disappearance.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-josh-powell-called-a-person-of-interest-in,0,2671348.story

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »

I agree norose...I said that several days ago.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »

Interesting Comments

Friend of the family | 1:39 p.m. Dec. 15, 2009
The friend Susan had dinner with, came to the house...they were working on a project together, so Susan and the woman ate in the other room (Right next to the kitchen).
I really hope Josh didn't do it...I know him personally, and he IS a jerk...but I don't see him capable of Murder. But I also don't see Susan leaving her boys...That being said, Josh sure isn't trying to clear his name...I don't understand why he's not cooperating.

This is just a tale... | 5:06 p.m. Dec. 15, 2009
Man gets enraged when his wife breaks the news...late at night after the young children are in bed...that she is filing for divorce. In his rage he kills her. Needing to dispose of the body, he places places her body in the car...maybe the back of a van. Then he goes back into the home to do a little cleanup. After getting the cleanup/fans going, he quietly takes the children out to the car. The children do not even awaken as he carries them from their beds to their car seats. They drive to their destination and the body is disposed of.

When the young children wake up the next morning, their dad explains he wanted to take them camping, although the weather outside is far below freezing. What he didn't explain is that this is just a ruse so that he could dispose of their mother's body.

Upon arriving back to the residence, the husband thinks everyone will buy this tale...

Fiction? Could be...but I don't think so.

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705351731/Susan-Powells-husband-Josh-meets-with-West-Valley-City-police.html?pg=2

That scenario is what I was thinking ... she told him it was over and he snapped.

so, he is now a POI. I'd say he left enough evidence to hang himself.

I remember you, Caylee.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »

morbeer666: has anyone else heard that Susan Powell has been found?
4 minutes ago from mobile web

http://twitter.com/morbeer666
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:27:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »

Oh, I wonder if that is true? 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2009, 02:58:27 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »

This is just sooo sad!!!  Those poor kids!!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2009, 03:03:11 PM »

Police suspect foul play in missing Utah mom case
By BROCK VERGAKIS and JENNIFER DOBNER (AP) – 31 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — Utah authorities say they suspect foul play may be involved in the disappearance of a 28-year-old mother.

West Valley City Asst. Police Chief Craig Black says Susan Powell's disappearance is so out of character that it's now a criminal investigation. ....

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CKJAE00

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »

TRANSCRIPT

On the Record w/ Greta - December 15, 2009

What Happened to Susan Powell?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580241,00.html

_____

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »

Oh, I wonder if that is true? 

First thing that caught my eye was the tweet name"morbeer666" sounds like a NOT so reliable source...jjmo

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »

INSIDE STORY: Wife's Disappearance Has Shades of Laci Peterson

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20331267,00.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2009, 03:33:25 PM »

Police Suspect Foul Play In Missing Woman's Disappearan...

SALT LAKE CITY - SALT LAKE CITY  - Police say they suspect foul play in disappearance of Utah mother reported missing Dec. 7.

Authorities also say the woman's husband Josh Powell is hindering the investigation and are now calling him a person of interest.

"I wouldn't classify him as being cooperative. Cooperative would be to work in partnership with us to find Susan. And we don't feel that that level of cooperation has been reached," said West Valley Police Asst. Chief Craig Black.

Black said Wednesday Susan Powell's disappearance is so out of character for her that police are treating the case like a criminal investigation.

MORE...

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67432
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »

Hi Everyone!  Long time no post!

Well, this case brought me back to the forums.  I am so certain the husband did it.  Why oh why don't people just get divorced?  Those poor children!

Thanks for assembling all of this great information on the case.  I'll keep following what you guys are finding!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

Karen

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »

Well, this case brought me back to the forums.  I am so certain the husband did it.  Why oh why don't people just get divorced?  Those poor children!

Thanks for assembling all of this great information on the case.  I'll keep following what you guys are finding!

Karen

Good to see you, oh yes, the husband in my eyes certainly did something to Susan. Merry Christmas
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #179 on: December 16, 2009, 04:08:07 PM »

Karen

Hi and Happy Holidays to you too, Sparks    It's so good to see you!

I think the husband is up to his eyeballs in this one...JMHO.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.