March 28, 2024, 06:44:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 352696 times)
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #260 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »

Skirting in on Cookies coat tails...He gets in the back of the minivan while the kids are in their carseats.  Kids are strapped in so tight in car seats now days they can't turn around to see what's happening.

I'm sure they've processed the van?

IIRC the took his van for 1 day or for a night and his BIL took him to go pick it up... let me see if i can find the link... brb
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #261 on: December 18, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »

the dad could have taken the kids "somewhere" and perhaps started a fire and said, isn't it fun camping? and that could be why the 4 yr old said what ever he said about being camping..know what I mean?
he could have disposed of Susan along the way to "camping"..imo..He did something to her...
perhaps he had put something in her food to make her so tired that she had to go take a nap while her friend was there visiting...very odd since it wasn't late in the evening when Susan wanted to take a nap..that drugging may have made her unable to defend herself or made her unconscious or maybe even killed her..then he took her somewhere to hide her body?  ok..I know that I am being a monkey sleuth here but my hinky meter is really up with this guy...
That is exactly what I'm thinking, and the four year old would just think they were camping  this guy just gives me the creeps.
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: December 18, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Powell-family-friend-shares-inside-perspective/1B1tw3Lc2kqZi6DaWSpBVg.cspx

Powell family friend shares inside perspective

Last Update: 12/16 10:25 pm

......Tim Peterson is a family friend of the Powells, who drove Josh to pick up his van from the police department three days after Susan went missing.  He says Powell seemed relatively calm.  Peterson then asked why he didn’t seem more distraught to which he says Powell replied, “The cops are taking care of that.”  Peterson says this response caught him off guard.  He says Josh also told him he frequently takes his boys out camping late at night.

snipped from klaas post on page 10 near top...

So a family friend not BIL
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #263 on: December 18, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »

My Hinky Meter exploded and fell off the shelf the first time he opened his mouth/day 1. She may not be found until spring...with all the storms/snow around 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: December 18, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »

My Hinky Meter exploded and fell off the shelf the first time he opened his mouth/day 1. She may not be found until spring...with all the storms/snow around 

me too Nut...

ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #265 on: December 18, 2009, 11:17:53 AM »

(minus the monkey and the smile) He is digging him self quit the hole....

how would this statement jive with his belief she may have been abducted....

and what makes him think she is somewhere that the snow will burry her or hinder finding her....

unless..... HE DID IT DUHHHH he is not a smart murderer thats for sure
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: December 18, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »

the dad could have taken the kids "somewhere" and perhaps started a fire and said, isn't it fun camping? and that could be why the 4 yr old said what ever he said about being camping..know what I mean?
he could have disposed of Susan along the way to "camping"..imo..He did something to her...
perhaps he had put something in her food to make her so tired that she had to go take a nap while her friend was there visiting...very odd since it wasn't late in the evening when Susan wanted to take a nap..that drugging may have made her unable to defend herself or made her unconscious or maybe even killed her..then he took her somewhere to hide her body?  ok..I know that I am being a monkey sleuth here but my hinky meter is really up with this guy...
That is exactly what I'm thinking, and the four year old would just think they were camping  this guy just gives me the creeps.

There was an article that said the 4 year old told police they went camping but when the reporter asked police if it was on the night Susan disappeared the police would not say, all they would say is that 4 year said Dad took them camping.  IMO the camping trip the 4 year old was recalling could have been from a different time.  I don;t think he took them camping, built a fire, had smores and slept with them in the van all night as he claims.  IMO he did take the kids and Susan somewhere and either drugged the kids so they would sleep until the next day or because it was really late they slept through the whole thing and when they woke Josh told them they had been camping.  He did not get back till 5:30 the next day yet he said nothing about what he made for them camping in the morning on the fire or for lunch all he talks about is smores.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: December 18, 2009, 11:42:15 AM »

Husband of missing Utah woman gives fishy story, suspicions mount

Susan Powell is the wife and mother of two who has been missing from her West Valley City, Utah residence since December 7th.

Her husband, Josh Powell, has been named a person of interest in the investigation. He has not been very cooperative with authorities, refusing to provide necessary details to fill in the story of what may have happened that night.

Now, Susan's family has said Josh's claim that he took their children camping the night Susan disappeared raises a "huge red flag". Josh claimed he took the two children, ages 2 and 4 to the Pony Express Trail to camp in the family van at 12:30 in the morning on a frigid winter night. Yesterday, family friend Shelby Gifford said "Susan ... would not have tolerated her children being taken out of the home after midnight to go camping in dangerously cold conditions."

The fact that Josh Powell has been named a person of interest saddens Susan's family and friends, but apparently it is "not a surprise, given the events and his reaction to them in the past week," Gifford said.

Authorities have found Susan's phone, purse and keys inside the Powell residence. This is also suspicious. Shelby Gifford's husband, Michael, said "She would never leave her home without her ... cell phone, especially if her children were gone camping in the kind of conditions that they had gone camping."

Family and friends have said the marriage of Susan and Joshua Powell has been strained lately, citing financial and emotional stresses.

We hope she is safely found soon.

http://www.theskichannel.com/news/skinews/20091218/Husband-of-missing-Utah-woman-gives-fishy-story-suspicions-mount
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: December 18, 2009, 11:43:45 AM »

also, I thought that I had read somewhere that dad could not recall where they had gone camping at? and that the police could not confirm the camping trip because of the weather?? did I read that? pretty sure I did...

wouldn't there be supplies in the van from the "camping trip"?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: December 18, 2009, 11:44:49 AM »

Joshua Powell "Very Intelligent" Former Associates Say

His responses in a 2News interview last week were slow, but Joshua Powell is being cast as an intelligent man by several former business associates.

"I definitely think he's intelligent, a very bright guy," said Charles Sipes, a real estate broker at a firm where Powell once worked. "I would say he was masterful in creating a marketing presence."

According to Sipes, Powell launched a multi-faceted approach to drum up real estate business, with a website, grocery store ads, even magnets with his name and number that went out in Yellow Books across the Salt Lake Valley.

Powell's expertise was echoed by a person for whom he did web work, through a company know as "Polished Marketing."

The individual called him "very smart" and said, "He completely changed our website...which resulted in more positive feedback."

Their descriptions may belie Joshua Powell's televised persona since his wife Susan disappeared.

But Sipes told 2News Powell often spoke in a halting fashion at the real estate office, calling the speech pattern "typical Josh."

Powell apparently still maintains a real estate site, and lists the same address as his former employer, though he has not worked there in a year.

What's more, the site may have been updated a couple of days after Susan vanished. A link on the site directs users to a link for a real estate article, dated December 9, 2009.

Further, while Joshua Powell declared bankruptcy in 2007, listing more than $187,000 in unsecured debt, his real estate site offers "credit repair tips."

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67802
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »

also, I thought that I had read somewhere that dad could not recall where they had gone camping at? and that the police could not confirm the camping trip because of the weather?? did I read that? pretty sure I did...

wouldn't there be supplies in the van from the "camping trip"?

You are correct Cookie.  Josh could not (or would not)  tell them exactly where he went camping and because of the winter storm between the supposed trip and discovery of Susan being missing , everything was covered in fresh snow so no possibility of finding tire tracks or campsite. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »

'Breaks our hearts' — Susan Powell's family concerned about the actions of her husband

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352238/Susan-Powells-family-saddened.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:34:01 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »

I totally agree, he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut to the public.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2009, 01:14:29 PM »

This question about the wet floor may have been answered.....

I keep thinking about it because I use two box fans to dry my wood floor (in the kitchen) after I mop.  The floor is completely dry after an hour.

For the police to find a wet spot with two fans blowing on the spot makes me think that they were positioned sometime within the hour....unless the fans were very small.

Does this bother anyone else? 

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »

This question about the wet floor may have been answered.....

I keep thinking about it because I use two box fans to dry my wood floor (in the kitchen) after I mop.  The floor is completely dry after an hour.

For the police to find a wet spot with two fans blowing on the spot makes me think that they were positioned sometime within the hour....unless the fans were very small.

Does this bother anyone else? 
Horribly, and I believe the wet spot was on the living room carpet 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2009, 03:58:49 PM »

Investigators Seize More Evidence in Search for Missing Utah Mom (with video)

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - Investigators have retrieved more evidence during a second search of the home of a Utah woman missing for nearly two weeks. Susan Powell, a 28-year-old mother of two young children, was reported missing on Dec. 7, 2009 when she failed to appear at work and her children were not dropped off at day care. Her husband, Josh Powell, told police he took his two sons, ages 2 and 4, camping that day at about 12:30 a.m. in subfreezing temperatures and returned in the evening.

Police have now issued five search warrants in the case, including three searches of the Powell home, a search of the family van and one of Josh himself, looking for a DNA sample. Police are not releasing any details on the evidence seized in the case.
Authorities call Josh Powell a "person of interest" in the case and his "lack of cooperation" and actions have made them increasingly suspicious, but he has not been named a suspect in the case.

At a press conference Thursday in Puyallup, Wash., spokeswoman for the family of Susan Powell, Shelby Gifford, said they were not surprised authorities named the husband as a "person of interest."

"We know that Susan is an excellent mother and would not have tolerated her children being taken out of the home after midnight to go camping in dangerously cold conditions," Gifford said.

A local newspaper reported on Thursday that officers retrieved a notebook from Susan's workplace, Wells Fargo, that allegedly chronicles threats made to her by her husband. Reports also say that police found a wet spot in the home being dried by two fans. Police have not yet confirmed the notebook or the wet spot as evidence in the case.

After his initial interview with police, Powell retained a high-profile attorney, Scott Williams, who is famous for representing clients in high-profile cases.

Susan's father, Charles Cox, said at the family press conference that he is not concerned about the children being with their father.

"From the time I've known Joshua and his interaction with the children, he has always been a super father to them and there is no doubt in my mind that they are safe with him," said Susan's father, Charles Cox.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-evidence-seized-missing-utah-mom,0,54500.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2009, 03:59:54 PM »

Police request media keep footage of missing woman's husband

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Friday morning police asked all news agencies not to destroy video of Joshua Powell. They would not say why they've made that request.

Thursday, police searched the home of Susan Powell for a second time, looking for evidence that may explain her disappearance 11 days ago.

Police have said Powell's husband Josh is their only person of interest in the case, but they are not calling him a suspect. Officers also questioned neighbors of the Powell family.

Members of Susan Powell's family say they had no indication she would have felt threatened in the marriage.

Family spokesperson Shelby Gifford said, "If we felt like Susan was in danger, as a family we would have taken steps to get her out of that situation. So some of the things you are learning this week, we are learning with you."

What role the evidence seized will play in the case is unknown as the investigation continues.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9077062
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »

Josh does not look happy about the latest search warrant
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: December 18, 2009, 04:10:05 PM »

Campsite search
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.