April 26, 2024, 02:36:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353359 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: December 19, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose 

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: December 19, 2009, 11:23:25 PM »

The video with the article states that police found a carpet cleaner in the home and early on in the investigation Josh rented a car and disappeared for 24 hours., police have no idea where he went.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: December 19, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »

News Nightline Video coverage of Susan Powell's disappearance

December 19, 2009 - If you've been following the Susan Powell "missing persons" case, you'll want to see ABC News Nightline's "Mom Vanished Without a Trace" video.

Excerpts:

"It's a story line that's become tragically familiar. A young mother vanishes leaving behind her belongings and her loving children."

"And as the investigation develops it’s her husband who soon becomes a person of interest."

"Now friends and family of Susan Powell, the mother of two young boys, are being forced to confront the possibility that she might never come back and the reason may be very close to home."

"Susan Powell vanished without a trace. As the facts come out the family is overcome with emotion, saying, 'Our reaction is it breaks our hearts but we want support'."

"The young mother known as loving and loyal left behind clues that have done little more than baffle friends and family and even police."  More (Video) » http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1O8GQSagC8

Susan Powell has been missing since Dec. 7. Native of Puyallup, Washington, Susan most recently lived in West Valley City, Utah. Her many friends and family members have tirelessly passed out fliers and are doing everything they can possibly think of to help find her.

While their hopes may dwindle as time passes, they are not giving up hope of finding Susan alive. Susan's family will hold a candlelight vigil tomorrow night in Puyallup, Washington. Friends and neighbors in West Valley, Utah, hope they can organize a vigil there to coincide with the vigil in Washington.

Frustration mounts as Susan's husband, Joshua Powell, the last person to see her, is not cooperating with police and is not forthcoming with information about his missing wife. Actions police say have hindered their search in finding Susan.

His actions over the past two weeks have made even his supporters question whether he knows more than he's saying.

Police are now considering this case a crime. Susan's brother-in-law, Kirk Graves, believes Joshua could be arrested as early as next week in the case of Susan's disappearance.

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d19-Susan-Powell--Nightline-video-coverage-of-her-disappearnce-Mom-vanished-without-a-trace
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: December 19, 2009, 11:28:13 PM »

Susan Powell Update: Carpet cleaning machine found, husband rents car then disappears, more

New information has surfaced in the case of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, 28 (detailed below). Susan's husband, Joshua Powell, was the last person to see her before she disappeared after midnight Dec. 7. She's been missing for nearly two weeks and hopes of finding her alive are dwindling.

West Valley City Police Captain, Tom McLachlan, said, “Usually something will surface within a few hours or a day, and everybody goes home happy and singing Kumbaya … on this one, that's not happening, and we're very concerned about that.”

Josh Powell is the only person of interest in this case and police suspect foul play. Josh’s actions seem to speak louder than words these days – though his words have been few, according to police.

Carpet cleaning machine found: Police found a carpet cleaning machine inside the house last week when Susan first went missing and during the early stages of the investigation. While police could not comment about the reported wet spot they did confirm a carpet cleaning machine was found in the home, according to Fox 13 News.

Josh rented a car, then went missing for 24 hours: Josh rented a car and briefly disappeared himself, according to Fox 13 News. Detectives said Josh wasn’t seen or heard from for nearly 24 hours. They will not go into detail about the car rental but did say that Josh rented the car when they seized the van to search it. They would not comment when asked how many miles were put on the rental car, which, Fox News reported, could be significant.

Police have not asked Josh to take them to the campsite: The campsite where Josh reportedly took his two sons on an overnight camping trip has yet to be found. Fox News reported that Powell told police the campsite was in a vast, mountainous area on the Pony Express Trail, making it difficult for authorities to search the area.

Police say Powell has not said exactly where on the trail he spent the night in his van, although his attorney said Friday he's never been asked to take police to the site.

Joshua’s behavior peculiar? Some say yes, some say no: Susan Powell’s father, Charles Cox, said it wouldn’t be uncommon for Josh to lose track of time or to do something at the spur of the moment. He said, “If he could do something in the middle of the night and thought he'd wanted to do it, he'd do it. Does it doesn't [sic] sound totally out there? No, not based on his personality."

However, family and friends continue to say that Susan Powell never would have let her children go camping at that hour.

Shelby Gifford, a family friend and spokeswoman for Susan’s parents, said, "We know that Susan is an excellent mother and would not have tolerated her children being taken out of the home after midnight to go camping in dangerously cold conditions," hinting, according to Fox News, that Susan and Josh's marriage was strained.

Joshua’s friend, Wayne Hamberg, doesn’t think Josh appeared to be evading police in video coverage of the case, as others had alleged.

Testing for blood in Powell home: Police were asked if lights or chemical were used in the house to detect blood. McLachlan responded, “I would assume that would occur. I cannot say whether that did or did not occur”.

Five search warrants served in the case: Five search warrants have reportedly been served in this case - three on the Powell home, one for Josh’s DNA, and one for the family van. Police cannot be specific about the search warrants or what they have found.

Susan’s notebook or journal found: According to Fox News, a notebook or journal was reportedly found at Susan’s work with entries describing an alleged threat made by her husband about a year ago.

Friends hope to spread word outside Utah and Washington: Susan’s best friend, Kiirsi, said they are going to see if they can get fliers into the hands of truckers that are traveling across state lines so they can post them in rest areas.

Support for friends and family: Tomorrow night, Sunday Dec. 20, Susan’s family is planning a candlelight vigil in Puyallup, Washington, Susan’s home town. Friends and neighbors are trying to schedule one in West Valley, Utah to coincide with the family candlelight vigil in Washington.

Support for Joshua Powell: Wayne Hamberg, has spoken out in support of his friend, Josh Powell. Hamberg told Fox News he feels no one is supporting Josh and that everyone has “beaten him up so badly lately.”

Hamberg doesn’t believe seeking legal counsel is an admission of guilt and doesn’t find it peculiar that Josh forgot what day it was.

Holding out hope Joshua is not guilty: Kiirsi said of Josh, “We just have to keep being his friend and being there for him. We believe he’s innocent until proven guilty so he’s still our friend, he’s still the same guy we’ve always known and we still love and care about him”.

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d19-Susan-Powell-Update-Carpet-cleaning-machine-found--husband-rents-car-then-disappears-more-gtgt
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: December 19, 2009, 11:33:59 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:41:53 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: December 19, 2009, 11:39:04 PM »

The video with the article states that police found a carpet cleaner in the home and early on in the investigation Josh rented a car and disappeared for 24 hours., police have no idea where he went.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story

24 hours!!!

Thanks Northern Rose

Why was this guy not under surveillance?

Something is not right.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: December 19, 2009, 11:41:54 PM »

24 hours!!!

Thanks Northern Rose

Why was this guy not under surveillance?

Something is not right.

Janet

I know.  I hope they seized the rental car. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: December 19, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »

A gratefulness candle has been started to pray for Susan's safe return

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Susan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2009, 01:04:03 AM »

Geraldo 12/19/09 - Susan Powell Part 1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0USU_Fj1kE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Q0USU_Fj1kE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #349 on: December 20, 2009, 01:05:11 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BjV7k_uSEJY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/BjV7k_uSEJY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2009, 02:31:47 AM »

In the Geraldo interview they state Josh said he went to this area to camp

Simpson Springs

From Little Valley continue west on Lookout pass Road for approx 20 miles.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2009, 02:33:42 AM »

Simpson Springs Campground, Utah

Description: Elevation 5100 feet. Campground at the foot of the low (8200 feet) and remote Simpson Mountains. Horse corral with water .25 mile west of the camprgound-- horses not allowed in the campground proper. There is running water in the campground but it is not potable unless treated.

Location: From Vernon, go 5 miles north to the Pony Express Trail (still a dirt road), then about 25 miles west southwest.

http://www.publiclands.org/explore/site.php?id=1413&SID=1239357866.1464
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:07 AM »

http://www.publiclands.org/explore/quadrant_map.php?id=1413&site_name=Simpson%20Springs%20Campground&quad=UT_Q11
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: December 20, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »

Map showing house to Simpson springs

Travel time 2 ours 45 mins, 91 miles

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=6254+Sarah+Cir,+Salt+Lake+City,+UT+84128&daddr=Simpson+Springs,+Dugway-Wendover,+Tooele,+Utah,+United+States&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=40.046146,-112.788219&sspn=0.87255,1.573792&ie=UTF8&ll=40.390489,-112.478027&spn=0.868132,1.573792&t=h&z=9
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: December 20, 2009, 02:53:22 AM »

Campground
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #355 on: December 20, 2009, 08:18:20 AM »

I also hope they seized the rental car. Although I am pretty sure that she was dead and disposed of before then. I wonder if he thought about doing away with himself and was too self centered to do it?  It would fit what I have heard of his personality. I feel bad for her parents. Her dad sounds like he really did not like Josh but wanted to keep the lines of communication open in case she came to her senses. I wish they would at least require someone to stay with him and the kids - I am afraid that his selfish nature may make him act like a cornered animal -If I can not have the kids because I am caught, I will just take all of us out. 

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #356 on: December 20, 2009, 09:31:29 AM »

I found it odd in a good way that the daycare phoned the family when the children didn't show up...Is this usual? unless it was a smaller daycare, but still, to have the insight to phone Susan's family...otherwise, how many days would have passed before the news of her disappearance was made public???

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: December 20, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705352732/TV-stations-subpoenaed-for-video-footage-in-Powell-case.html

Wayne Hamberg | 6:11 p.m. Dec. 19, 2009
To Mary:

I'm a good friend of Josh as well and this is what I have I told the media and the police.

1) I don't want to mess up anything that the WVCPD my be working on. The WVCPD will solve this case and I am withholding judgement. I want to believe Josh is innocent and Susan is alive and well.
2) I am worried about the safety of my family because I have come out and stated I'm friends of Josh and that my experience with Josh is different than is presently being reported.
3) KSL and Channel 4 has both been to my house today and CBS-National has called. Imagine the pressure I would get if I knew more details than just being Josh's friend.

If I new anything, I would contact the WVCPD immediately and I would be speaking only to them. I have told everybody that I told Josh only to speak to his attorney and the WVCPD and nobody else.

Everybody let the WVCPD do their jobs as they will solve this case.

Then this response to Wayne:

Anonymous | 7:15 p.m. Dec. 19, 2009
Wayne - you have been speaking to everyone, and advertising yourself all over the place. Sounds like you want the media to contact you by putting your name out in every media source there is. Are you sure you are there to support your man, Josh, or are you just wanting your 15 minute of fame.

Wayne Hamberg | 8:29 p.m. Dec. 19, 2009
I talked to Deseret News and they posted the story on the AP. People Magizine lied and said they were from the Deseret News following up on the story. KSL & Channel 4 both came by asking for a video story which I declined. CBS-National wanted me to do a live broadcast at 4am Monday morning which I have also declined. If I wanted my 15 minutes of fame, I wouldn't be turning down interview requests 3 times in one day would I.

Let the WVCPD do their job and continue to investigate because I have all the confidence the WVCPD will resolve this situation.

My hopes and prayers along with most people is that Susan is still alive.

Mary | 9:03 p.m. Dec. 19, 2009
Wayne

With all due respect. If you are so worried about your family's safety you should not be using your real name on the internet discussing what you say you don't want to discuss.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #358 on: December 20, 2009, 10:32:33 AM »

Thank-you for all the updates.              Chuck Cox said he bought his daughter a cell phone when she moved to Utah so she could use it for emergencies. Joshua Powell knew about the phone, he said, but he and Judy paid the bill each month to ensure his daughter had a way to call them.    The parents knew Josh was trouble, and they also knew that in order to keep the relationship with their daughter and grandchildren, they had to tolerate this fool their daughter married. My prayers to the Cox family  an angelic monkey
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #359 on: December 20, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »

IMO they need to look closer to home for her.

I don't believe she is anywhere near that route. The info is posted by NR to show how far from home in a storm the trip is. I say......look closer to home for her. I don't know much about Utah, but I'd check around the ponds close to home. Do the Kennecott Tailings Pond's (# 1 and # 2) freeze over/solid this time of year? Salt would inhibit freezing....no?

Kennecott Tailings Pond Number One -
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&newwindow=1&q=kennecott%20tailings%20pond&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Kennecott Tailings Pond Number Two -
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&q=Kennecott+Tailings+Pond+Number+Two,+Magna,+Salt+Lake,+Utah&ie=UTF8&oi=georefine&ct=clnk&cd=2&geocode=FXu7bQIdpIlQ-Q&split=0

IMO his words or lack thereof are leading them in the wrong direction. If she is found close to home he can say she was taken from the house.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 12:52:49 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.