March 29, 2024, 01:31:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 352715 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #360 on: December 20, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »

December 20, 2009 Sunday 

396 words

TV stations subpoenaed for video footage in Powell case

WEST VALLEY CITY
Authorities have requested all video footage of the husband of missing Utahn Susan Powell from local television stations. West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan declined to elaborate what they're looking for in the footage.

Most Salt Lake-area TV stations received the subpoenas Friday. KSL received an electronic subpoena after business hours Friday and has yet to review it, said Con Psarras, vice president of KSL News. Because almost everything recorded in the case has already been published online, the station is likely to comply with the request, he said. "We don't have much," he said. "With a person of interest, it's logical for the police to want to know." The news and radio station will follow established policy for dealing with recordings, Psarras said. 
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1095543664&start=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #361 on: December 20, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »

http://newsblaze.com/story/20091220075129kays.nb/topstory.html      Another good article 
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #362 on: December 20, 2009, 02:46:23 PM »

Nothing has been said about Susan's FIL Steven. Hopefully the police have interviewed him.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: December 20, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »

Neighbor Talks About Noise At Powell Home

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67992
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: December 20, 2009, 03:22:09 PM »

is this new the vid mentions a search warrant

West Valley Woman Missing, Police Search House for Clues

http://www.fox13now.com/videobeta/?watchId=b9cb10db-3053-43d2-af94-34cc290b738a

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: December 20, 2009, 04:11:56 PM »

This is one of the Josh creepy videos:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: December 20, 2009, 05:07:33 PM »

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=68001

Police Think Husband Of Missing Mom Has Left Utah

Reported by:
Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 @03:33pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police say they believe the Utah man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife is now in Washington state.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday that neighbors of Josh Powell say he left Utah either Friday or Saturday, presumably to be with family in Washington.

His wife Susan has been missing since Dec. 7. Josh Powell told police he last saw her at 12:30 a.m. that day when he took his two young sons on a camping trip and left her at home.

Police have called Josh Powell a person of interest and said he was not forthcoming in interviews with detectives.

McLachlan said there are no restrictions on Josh Powell's movements.

Meanwhile, Susan Powell's family and friends are planning a candlelight vigil Sunday night in Puyallup, Wash.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: December 20, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

IMO they need to look closer to home for her.

I don't believe she is anywhere near that route. The info is posted by NR to show how far from home in a storm the trip is. I say......look closer to home for her. I don't know much about Utah, but I'd check around the ponds close to home. Do the Kennecott Tailings Pond's (# 1 and # 2) freeze over/solid this time of year? Salt would inhibit freezing....no?

Kennecott Tailings Pond Number One -
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&newwindow=1&q=kennecott%20tailings%20pond&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Kennecott Tailings Pond Number Two -
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&q=Kennecott+Tailings+Pond+Number+Two,+Magna,+Salt+Lake,+Utah&ie=UTF8&oi=georefine&ct=clnk&cd=2&geocode=FXu7bQIdpIlQ-Q&split=0

IMO his words or lack thereof are leading them in the wrong direction. If she is found close to home he can say she was taken from the house.

hmmm, I just dont think he is that smart to think ahead and be able to say someone else took her since she is close to home.  I think he took her very far from the house.  And not at all where he says he went camping.  Who knows I guess - I just dont think he that bright.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: December 20, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=68001

Police Think Husband Of Missing Mom Has Left Utah

Reported by:
Sunday, Dec 20, 2009 @03:33pm

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police say they believe the Utah man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife is now in Washington state.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday that neighbors of Josh Powell say he left Utah either Friday or Saturday, presumably to be with family in Washington.

His wife Susan has been missing since Dec. 7. Josh Powell told police he last saw her at 12:30 a.m. that day when he took his two young sons on a camping trip and left her at home.

Police have called Josh Powell a person of interest and said he was not forthcoming in interviews with detectives.

McLachlan said there are no restrictions on Josh Powell's movements.

Meanwhile, Susan Powell's family and friends are planning a candlelight vigil Sunday night in Puyallup, Wash.

BOTTOM LINE!  Utah authorities do not know the whereabouts of the person of interest in the disappearance of Susan Powell and ... this is not the first time.  Surveillance is not an option?

Could it be that somewhere behind the scenes there are church connections between relatives of Josh Powell and ... someone in Law Enforcement  ... pulling strings ... deterring the justice process?

Janet

+++++++++

The video with the article states that police found a carpet cleaner in the home and early on in the investigation Josh rented a car and disappeared for 24 hours., police have no idea where he went.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-police-puzzled-utah-moms-disappearance,0,3590060.story

24 hours!!!

Thanks Northern Rose

Why was this guy not under surveillance?

Something is not right.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: December 20, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

IMO they need to look closer to home for her.

I don't believe she is anywhere near that route. The info is posted by NR to show how far from home in a storm the trip is. I say......look closer to home for her. I don't know much about Utah, but I'd check around the ponds close to home. Do the Kennecott Tailings Pond's (# 1 and # 2) freeze over/solid this time of year? Salt would inhibit freezing....no?

Kennecott Tailings Pond Number One -
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&newwindow=1&q=kennecott%20tailings%20pond&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Kennecott Tailings Pond Number Two -
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&num=50&q=Kennecott+Tailings+Pond+Number+Two,+Magna,+Salt+Lake,+Utah&ie=UTF8&oi=georefine&ct=clnk&cd=2&geocode=FXu7bQIdpIlQ-Q&split=0

IMO his words or lack thereof are leading them in the wrong direction. If she is found close to home he can say she was taken from the house.

hmmm, I just dont think he is that smart to think ahead and be able to say someone else took her since she is close to home.  I think he took her very far from the house.  And not at all where he says he went camping.  Who knows I guess - I just dont think he that bright.

He wouldn't have to 'think ahead'. If she is found close to home, he could simply say it. One thing we can agree on is that she is not in the direction he speaks of.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #370 on: December 20, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »

And I'm assuming the children left the state with this creep?   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: December 20, 2009, 06:23:09 PM »

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.  It is something akin to the tail wagging the dog.

Janet

+++++++

Lawyer: Husband of missing mom has left Utah
(AP) – 18 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife has left the state with the couple's two young children, his attorney said Sunday.

Josh Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, said in a text message to The Associated Press that his client went to his father's house in Washington state for the holidays with his sons

<snipped>

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan on Sunday said there are no restrictions on Josh Powell's movements.

"He can come and go as he pleases," McLachlan said, adding that police would still like to speak with him again.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CNAP402

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: December 20, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »

Oh geeeeeeezeeeeee    what if he takes her to WA? Naaaaa....nevermind...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: December 20, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:43:10 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: December 20, 2009, 06:41:52 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose, so he took the kids with him, and how easy is it to cross over into Canada? 
Susan's parents can have a judge draw up emergency, temporary custody papers, and hope they do so immediately. Only problem is what if they don't know where he is with the kids? My biggest fear, is this sick SOB could kill his children and himself.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: December 20, 2009, 06:52:57 PM »

His parents live only about 2 miles from Susan's parents in Washington state.  He's probably going to visit with them for Christmas.  I imagine it was a planned trip although I could be wrong.  Just seems that it would be pretty expensive purchasing tickets at the last minute.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: December 20, 2009, 06:55:18 PM »

I agree NR and it would not surprise me. I wish they could arrest him NOW. I know they don't have enough, but geeeeeeeezeeeeeeeeee.....it is so obvious.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: December 20, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone.  It is something akin to the tail wagging the dog.

Janet

+++++++

Lawyer: Husband of missing mom has left Utah
(AP) – 18 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife has left the state with the couple's two young children, his attorney said Sunday.

Josh Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, said in a text message to The Associated Press that his client went to his father's house in Washington state for the holidays with his sons

<snipped>

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan on Sunday said there are no restrictions on Josh Powell's movements.

"He can come and go as he pleases," McLachlan said, adding that police would still like to speak with him again.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CNAP402

no rose colored glasses

You are right!!

If there are no restrictions on Josh's comings and goings ... there are several entries into Canada ... into the Fraser Valley of British Columbia ... by driving the Interstate 5 directly from the Seattle area.

It could be that Josh Powell is attempting to avoid the death penalty.  Extradiction from Canada is only a possibility if Utah takes it off the table.

Janet

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: December 20, 2009, 06:57:15 PM »

His parents live only about 2 miles from Susan's parents in Washington state.  He's probably going to visit with them for Christmas.  I imagine it was a planned trip although I could be wrong.  Just seems that it would be pretty expensive purchasing tickets at the last minute.
Yes, and maybe it was a planned trip, he is obviously unstable, I don't trust him, and I just hope that is all he is doing is visiting for Christmas.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: December 20, 2009, 06:57:17 PM »

It's only about a 3hr drive from Puyallup Washington to Vancouver Canada.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.