April 24, 2024, 11:50:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353315 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #520 on: January 02, 2010, 02:25:41 PM »

Unless it is official policy to allow persons of interest in the disappearance of their wives a free pass over the holiday ... it does appear that the story of Susan Powell has become yesterday's headlines in the media.

Who is/are influencing the investigation on Josh Powell's behalf.  Something is not right.  The huge red flags that point to this guy can all be considered circumstancial evidence.

Janet

I'm not sure how to phrase this question, I know nothing about the Mormon faith, and I guess my question is could people in that church that Susan went to have influence over the LE, in one way or another? I guess what I'm getting at is they maybe don't want bad things coming out? Not suggesting that there is bad things in the church, the last thing I want is to start a debate on religion, so I hope people know what I'm meaning. Otherwise I'm at a loss over all this, unless they are waiting on forensic testing to come back?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #521 on: January 02, 2010, 02:39:55 PM »

I think someone here mentioned something similar to that early on...I can't remember who mentioned it. I have no idea...but IMO this has nothing to do with the Church, other than rumors that Josh was tired of her going there.....right??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: January 02, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

I think someone here mentioned something similar to that early on...I can't remember who mentioned it. I have no idea...but IMO this has nothing to do with the Church, other than rumors that Josh was tired of her going there.....right??
That's what I mean, I don't know. I wouldn't think so, it shouldn't interfere with a police investigation, and LE is probably waiting on tests results before they make their move.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: January 02, 2010, 03:04:53 PM »

Unless it is official policy to allow persons of interest in the disappearance of their wives a free pass over the holiday ... it does appear that the story of Susan Powell has become yesterday's headlines in the media.

Who is/are influencing the investigation on Josh Powell's behalf.  Something is not right.  The huge red flags that point to this guy can all be considered circumstancial evidence.

Janet

I'm not sure how to phrase this question, I know nothing about the Mormon faith, and I guess my question is could people in that church that Susan went to have influence over the LE, in one way or another? I guess what I'm getting at is they maybe don't want bad things coming out? Not suggesting that there is bad things in the church, the last thing I want is to start a debate on religion, so I hope people know what I'm meaning. Otherwise I'm at a loss over all this, unless they are waiting on forensic testing to come back?

1.  Considering that there is a high probability that those within this Utah investigation are of the Mormon faith ... my response is "YES".  Check out the high profile pologamy cases that have become yesterday's headlines without any charges/convictions.

2.  Maybe.  I am thinking about that one.

Could it be that members Josh's family may hold positions of authority within the heirachy of the Mormon organization and ... that is where pressure is being put on the investigation to distance him from implication in his wife's death?

Is the prosecutor in the investigation of the Mormon faith?  Could this be is why he appears to be an advocate of Josh rather than the victim?

It appears that some friends who were originally outspoken in their belief that Josh was responsible for Susan's disappearance are backing down and ... a kidnapped theory is being furthered.

no rose colored glasses ... it is only a basic understanding of the Mormon organization that can shed should light on the theory that Church influences within the Susan Powell case may be a factor.  I suggest you try some googling.  Googling?  Sound obscene ... LOL.

Happy New Year All!

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: January 02, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »

Happy New Year Janet, and I will do some googling on that  Your thoughts are my thoughts, and who knows this could all be factors.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: January 02, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »

Why did the red flags not dictate that there should have been surveillence on Josh Powell in the days following his wife's disappearance.  He was given a 24 hour opportunity of furthering an obstruction of the investigation.

In my opinion ... at this point in time ... West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan is either incompentent or corrupt.  I sincerely hope I am wrong on both counts and ... stuff is going on behind the scenes.

Janet

+++++

Police ask why Powell drove so far in rental car
By Pat Reavy
Deseret News
Published: Monday, Dec. 21, 2009 9:03 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY — A car rented by Josh Powell two days after his wife was reported missing was returned just 24 hours later with a lot of miles on it, according to police.

"It looks like there were several hundred miles driven," West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan told the Deseret News.

Investigators do not know where the car was taken or where Josh Powell was during that 24-hour period. There was no GPS data stored in that rental car, said McLachlan, who declined Monday to say from where the vehicle was rented.

Powell reportedly rented the car after police seized his minivan — his only vehicle — to be processed for evidence in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell. The van has since been returned to Josh Powell.

Questions surrounding the rental car are just a few of many to which West Valley police would like Josh Powell to provide detailed answers. But as of Monday, they say, he continues to be non-forthcoming and has not accepted their open invitation to return to police headquarters for another interview.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353130/Police-ask-why-Powell-drove-so-far-in-rental-car.html

Husband of missing mom attends Wash. vigil
Wife's side of the family also is at service; he’s a ‘person of interest’

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday there are no restrictions on Josh Powell's movements.

"He can come and go as he pleases," McLachlan said, adding that police would still like to speak with him again.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34503052/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

BUMPED

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: January 02, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »

Today Show:Where is Susan Powell?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/18424824#34664740

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: January 02, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »

Susan Powell: Susan's friend and father talk to The Today Show about ways to help find Susan (Video at link)

January 2, 2010 - (VIDEO below) The Today Show interviewed Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, and Chuck Cox, Susan's father, in the Susan Powell missing person's case this morning.

Susan Powell, 28, and the mother of two young boys, Charlie, 4, and Braden, 2, has been missing for nearly four weeks. According to The Today Show, police say leads are "pretty slim" as the investigation into Susan’s disappearance continues.
NBC News Consultant, Clint Van Zandt, said investigators say Josh Powell, who claims he went camping with his two boys the night Susan disappeared, appears to be the most logical person to look at. He’s the one that law enforcement believes would have the critical answers that might help solve the case in the disappearance of Josh's wife.
Josh's sister had this to say on Christmas Eve, "It makes me sad that he won’t speak up more."
Susan's friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, said it gets harder every morning she wakes up and that it's a lot harder to keep hope that Susan's alive.
The Today Show reported that Kiirsi Hellewell and other friend's of Susan's are planning a "Networking blitz" starting on Monday. They will be putting out messages on Twitter and Facebook, using YouTube videos and others pictures of Powell to urge people everywhere to be on the lookout for the missing woman.
Van Zandt said, "This helps to get the word out much greater than putting missing posters around a city or on the back of milk cartons or something like that."
Susan’s father, Chuck Cox, was asked about the search warrants that have been sealed in the case. What does it tell him? Cox said, “I understand the police’s need to seal the contents of the warrant and it gives me hope. I see no need for them to unseal them at this time. It would just provide more information for speculations and make their job more difficult, delaying finding my daughter.”
Cox was asked if he has personally reached out to Josh Powell saying "we need your help here." Cox replied, “I’ve asked for his help, I’ve asked and so far that opportunity has not come to pass.”
Van Zandt asked Cox what reaction he's gotten. Cox said, “Just that he doesn’t know where she is and that’s about it.”
Hellewell was asked if anything has changed since last week when she said Josh is still their friend and they still love him. She responded, “It hasn’t but I will say that his actions aren’t doing him any favors right now.”
When asked why she hinted Susan may no longer be in Utah, Hellewell said, “For one thing Utah is a very big state, it’s the 13th biggest state and we also have three other states within a three-hour drive or less. So really she could be anywhere. It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack.”
She was asked if there is something in her mind that leads her to believe Susan is outside of Utah, and that attention should be focused outside of Utah. Hellewell said, "I don’t know if the attention should be outside of Utah but from being her friend for 5 ˝ years I have had many conversations with her. And without going into detail I will just say I do have reason to believe that she may be out of the state.”
Cox was asked how his grandsons were holding up and he said they seemed "OK". He was asked what the children have been told about their mother and Cox responded, “I’m not sure, we’ve avoided the subject. We want to protect the privacy of the children and shield them if at all possible from everything that’s going on."
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m1d2-Susan-Powell-Susans-friend-and-father-talk-to-Today-show-about-ways-to-help-find-Susan-Video

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: January 02, 2010, 07:52:38 PM »

The above article gives me a hinky feeling.

Both family and friends of Susan Powell who  ... in the past ... openly focused on the red flags which impled Josh Powell was behind the disappearance of his wife ... are now backing away.  Josh now appears to now be a non-issue.

What is the foundation of the current search encompassing a "live" Susan ... a foundation that the media has not been privy to? 

I suspect that the search may be nothing but a distraction to take the focus off the person of interest in the investigation ... Josh Powell.

Could  it be that the charging of Susan's husband in her disappearance/death may have far reaching implications that the Mormon organization would rather was not exposed?

Could it be that influences are controlling more than just the direction of the investigation?  Are members being  instructed ... "All that happens within the family ... stays in the family"?

IMO ... something is not right.

Janet

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: January 02, 2010, 09:46:58 PM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/80516392.html

Family plans online blitz for missing mom
By Joel Moreno
Story Published: Jan 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM PST
Story Updated: Jan 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM PST

PUYALLUP, Wash. - Twitter and Facebook are about to play key roles in the search for a missing mother from Puyallup.

Her family plans to saturate the sites - and others - in a media blitz to find Susan Powell, who disappeared nearly a month ago.

It's an experiment, and no one knows if it will work. People often find friends with Facebook - although this could be the first time the site has been used to find a missing person.

But Susan's desperate family is ready to try anything. On Saturday, one of her kids turned 3 years old. And her family says she wouldn't miss his birthday for the world unless she was in trouble.

Susan Powell disappeared from her Utah home nearly a month ago under suspicious circumstances.

Shelby Gifford is the family spokesperson. She says that by the time she is done, she hopes everyone in the world will know about the desperate search for Susan Powell.

"Using different social networking sites, using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube - lots of different sites like that," she says.

"It's just an opportunity to remind people that we're still looking for her. And if they pass that around, our hope is that it will go viral."

For example, YouTube has a channel dedicated to Powell.

And the Facebook page includes an extensive photo gallery of the 28-year-old mother of two.

Susan's husband Joshua attended a candlelight vigil for her in Puyallup two weeks ago.

He told police he last saw Susan just before he took their children on a midnight camping trip in the snow. When they got back, he says she was gone.

Police now consider Joshua a person of interest.

"She would never disappear and leave her babies here with somebody else," says Gifford. "It's just a huge red flag for the family."
KOMO News went looking for Joshua at his father's house, where he's visiting for the holidays. We were told through the door to go away, and Joshua would not answer questions.

Susan's supporters hope their online media blitz brings out the truth.

"We're hoping that somebody might remember something. They'll see this. They'll remember. Something will hit them that before they hadn't though about. Some bit of information will get passed on to the police," Gifford says.

The tweets and postings start Monday morning and will continue non-stop for 72 hours.

People who want to help can send an e-mail to findsusanpowell@gmail.com.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: January 03, 2010, 08:37:00 AM »

D - E -N -I -A -L

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: January 03, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:14:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: January 03, 2010, 02:35:42 PM »

snip:
Mike Stavros and his ex-wife, her boyfriend and daughter Meghan Laudie had a dinner together on Jan. 2.
He said that "at some point things got weird" and Stavros and her boyfriend left about 10 p.m. to return to her Millcreek home.

end

Boyfriend
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: January 03, 2010, 03:24:18 PM »

I don't understand why the search warrants are sealed.  Disclosure is the foundation of the judcial system within a democracy.  Without disclosure ... citizens may as well be living under a dictatorship where "we ... the little people" must trust the powers that be do not have an agenda ... an agenda to prevent justice from prevailing for the victim.

Janet

+++++++

Susan Powell: Newspaper wants search warrants disclosed, Susan’s father wants them sealed
January 2, 4:48 PM

January 2, 2010 - Susan Powell’s father, Chuck Cox, said today on The TODAY Show that he wants the three search warrants that were sealed on Mon., Dec. 28, to remain sealed. The Salt Lake Tribune wants them disclosed.

On Dec. 29, the day after the three search warrants were sealed in the Susan Powell missing person’s case, The Salt Lake Tribune announced their attorney would file a motion to have the warrants disclosed and made available to the public.It wasn’t clear when the judge would review or rule on the motion.

Susan’s father wants them sealed

But today Susan’s father, Chuck Cox, says he’d rather the warrants remain sealed.

During an interview with The TODAY Show this morning, Cox said, “I understand the police’s need to seal the contents of the warrant and it gives me hope. I see no need for them to unseal them at this time. It would just provide more information for speculations and make their job more difficult, delaying finding my daughter.”

Search warrants at-issue

The search warrants at issue are the two that were issued to search the Powell home and van, and one issued for biological samples from Susan’s husband, Joshua Powell.

Search warrants are made available to the public 20 days after they are issued. Police and prosecutors, according to The Salt Lake Tribune, don’t want the public to know what they took from Susan Powell’s house and husband.

According to The Salt Lake Tribune, search warrants in Utah most often include statements written by police officers explaining why they have cause to search along with a list of what they seized.

Susan Powell, 28, went missing from her West Valley City home in Utah. The last person to see her was her husband, Josh Powell, when she went to bed around 12:30 a.m. on Dec. 6.

Josh is, at this time, the only person of interest in the case. Police are calling the case a missing person’s case with “suspicious criminal overtones.”

Josh Powell answered a few questions at the beginning of the case but, according to The Salt Lake Tribune, has since refused to grant investigators further interviews.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m1d2-Susan-Powell-Newspaper-wants-search-warrants-disclosed-Susans-father-wants-them-sealed

_____

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: January 03, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »

Josh would know what is in the search warrants, right, if not, then they are probably sealed because LE doesn't want him to know what exactly they are looking at. I think that this 72 hour blitz could be a great idea, but in this case, they just need to drag Josh to the police station, he can tell them where Susan is  If he is still in WA, which I haven't seen anything to show he is back in Utah, I really hope someone is watching him, but something tells me nobody is.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: January 03, 2010, 03:54:01 PM »

Josh would know what is in the search warrants, right, if not, then they are probably sealed because LE doesn't want him to know what exactly they are looking at. I think that this 72 hour blitz could be a great idea, but in this case, they just need to drag Josh to the police station, he can tell them where Susan is  If he is still in WA, which I haven't seen anything to show he is back in Utah, I really hope someone is watching him, but something tells me nobody is.

no rose colored glasses

Utah Law Enforcement (Prosecutor) cannot have it both ways.  Sealing the warrants and ... stating to the media that there are no further development in the case ... allow Josh Powell to remain free without restrictions ... does not make sense unless something is being covered up.  IMO.

Janet
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:22:33 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: January 03, 2010, 04:08:40 PM »

There were conflicts of interest when members of the Mormon Church had control over the Utah justice system in the late 1800's and ... the same problems exist 135 years later.  The code of silence that is expected from church membership when instructed only goes to further the corruption within the justice system in this state.

Janet

+++++++

THE POLAND ACT - 1874

Congressman Luke P. Poland of Vermont, author of the Poland Act

Prosecution for the murders at Mountain Meadows became possible only when, in 1874, Congress passed the Poland Act.  The Act sought to eliminate the nearly total control the Mormon Church had over Utah's justice system.  The Poland Act redefined the jurisdiction of Utah courts, restricting the formerly powerful probate courts, which had taken no action concerning the 1857 massacre, to their traditional jurisdiction.  The Act also eliminated the territorial marshal and attorney, giving their duties to a U. S. marshal and U. S. attorney.  Finally, the Act opened up Utah juries to non-Mormons. 

The first grand jury called under the new law, in September 1874, indicted Lee, Dame, Haight, Higbee, Klingensmith, Stewart, and three other men for the deaths of members of the Fancher Party at Mountain Meadows in 1857.

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/FTrials/mountainmeadows/polandact.html

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: January 03, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »

NoRose, if the search warrants are for him or his properties, he has to be given (a reasonable attempt to provide him or his legal representative) a copy of the search warrant as a matter of law.  We may not agree with certain laws in certain states, however, law enforcement must abide by them or cases can be tossed.
The Utah law clearly defines how long a search warrant may be sealed as it also clearly defines under what circumstances it can be extended:

(m) Sealing and Unsealing of Search Warrant Documents

(m)(1) Application for sealing of documents related to search warrants. A prosecutor or peace officer may make a written or otherwise recorded application to the court to have documents or records related to search warrants sealed for a time in addition to the sealing required by Subsection (i)(1). Upon a showing of good cause, the court may order the following documents to be sealed:

(m)(1)(A) applications for search warrants;

(m)(1)(B) search warrants;

(m)(1)(C) affidavits or other recorded testimony upon which the search warrant is based;

(m)(1)(D) the application, affidavits or other recorded testimony and order for sealing the documents.

(m)(2) Sealing of search warrant documents. Search warrant documents are public record that may be sealed in entirety or in part and not placed in the public file if all or part of the information in them would:

(m)(2)(A) cause a substantial risk of harm to a person’s safety;

(m)(2)(B) pose a clearly unwarranted invasion of or harm to a person’s reputation or privacy; or

(m)(2)(C) pose a serious impediment to the investigation.

Sealed documents shall be maintained in a file not available to the public. If a document is not sealed in its entirety, the court may order a copy of the document with the sealed portions redacted to be placed in the public file and an un-redacted copy to be placed in the sealed file. Except as required by Section (i), no document may be designated as “Filed under Seal” or “Confidential” unless it is accompanied by a court order sealing the document.

(m)(3) Unsealing of documents. Any person having standing may file a motion to unseal search warrant documents with notice to the prosecutor and law enforcement agency. If the prosecutor or law enforcement agency files an appropriate and timely objection to the unsealing, the court may hold a hearing on the motion and objection. Where no objection to unsealing the documents is filed, the defendant may prepare an order for entry by the court. The court may order the unsealing of the documents or order copies of the documents to be delivered to a designated person without unsealing the documents and require the person receiving the documents not to disclose the contents to any other person without the authorization of the court.

(m)(4) Length of time documents may remain sealed. The documents may remain sealed until the court finds, for good cause, that the records should be unsealed.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not advocating for Josh.
Nor do I think the Mormon Church is doing some cover-up work on this case.  Being a Mormon does not, in and of itself, mean there is a cover-up anymore than being a Catholic (or any other religion) would mean there is a cover-up.  Maybe I'm just sensitive to "lumping" and labeling.  Anyway, JMHO

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: January 03, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »

Powell Supporters Plan Social Media Blitz

SALT LAKE CITY - Friends and family of a missing West Valley woman will launch a social media blitz Monday. They hope to make Susan Powell's face familiar to people across the globe. "We want people to put it on youtube, we want podcasts," said Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell. Loved ones believe technology could help them find answers. "We feel like instead of rounding up 2,000 people to knock on doors in the city, we'd rather contact 2,000,000. And if there's 2,000,000 eyes looking for her, that's a so much better chance for us." Supporters of Powell are planning a three-day social media blitz using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, e-mails and blogs.

Friends and family hope that Susan's story will go viral and reach people unfamiliar with the missing woman. "It seems like to us because we're so in the middle of it that everybody's got to know, but there's been at least two people that joined our Facebook group yesterday that said, I just barely saw this on the news for the first time. I want to do everything I can to help."

Powell disappeared on December 7th. Police have labeled her husband, Josh, a person of interest. Friends pray that she still alive and that someone just needs to step forward with information. "We also have a brand new slide show we're making with pictures from Susan's childhood all the way through when she was married and as a mother," said Hellewell.

A purple ribbon campaign will run in conjunction with the social media blitz. Loved ones hope the ribbons will be a visual reminder for people in Utah, Washington and elsewhere that Powell is still missing. Hellewell added, "It's just one of Susan's favorite colors, purple, and we're just hoping to get awareness to everybody that sees the ribbons everywhere."

To participate in the social media blitz, send an e-mail to findsusanpowell@gmail.com. Organizers say you will be provided with information on how to help.

FOX 13's Katy Carlyle will have more with News at Nine.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-powell-media-blitz-and-ribbon-campaign,0,4000442.story
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »

Powell Supporters Plan Social Media Blitz

SALT LAKE CITY - Friends and family of a missing West Valley woman will launch a social media blitz Monday. They hope to make Susan Powell's face familiar to people across the globe. "We want people to put it on youtube, we want podcasts," said Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell. Loved ones believe technology could help them find answers. "We feel like instead of rounding up 2,000 people to knock on doors in the city, we'd rather contact 2,000,000. And if there's 2,000,000 eyes looking for her, that's a so much better chance for us." Supporters of Powell are planning a three-day social media blitz using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, e-mails and blogs.

Friends and family hope that Susan's story will go viral and reach people unfamiliar with the missing woman. "It seems like to us because we're so in the middle of it that everybody's got to know, but there's been at least two people that joined our Facebook group yesterday that said, I just barely saw this on the news for the first time. I want to do everything I can to help."

Powell disappeared on December 7th. Police have labeled her husband, Josh, a person of interest. Friends pray that she still alive and that someone just needs to step forward with information. "We also have a brand new slide show we're making with pictures from Susan's childhood all the way through when she was married and as a mother," said Hellewell.

A purple ribbon campaign will run in conjunction with the social media blitz. Loved ones hope the ribbons will be a visual reminder for people in Utah, Washington and elsewhere that Powell is still missing. Hellewell added, "It's just one of Susan's favorite colors, purple, and we're just hoping to get awareness to everybody that sees the ribbons everywhere."

To participate in the social media blitz, send an e-mail to findsusanpowell@gmail.com. Organizers say you will be provided with information on how to help.

FOX 13's Katy Carlyle will have more with News at Nine.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-powell-media-blitz-and-ribbon-campaign,0,4000442.story

NorthernRose, I am so glad to see they are proactive.  I pray it will help find Susan or provide some leads/evidence.  At a minimum it will assuredly help raise awareness that this can happen in anyone's community.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.