April 26, 2024, 06:20:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353365 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #540 on: January 03, 2010, 06:51:02 PM »

yipes, didn't mean to post that twice, wasn't that profound at all

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #541 on: January 03, 2010, 07:15:30 PM »

Thanks for the info about the search warrants in Utah. I don't want to see anything that might mess up this case.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #542 on: January 03, 2010, 07:42:32 PM »

yipes, didn't mean to post that twice, wasn't that profound at all

I removed the double/ lol 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #543 on: January 03, 2010, 07:43:17 PM »

check out comments........
http://www.deseretnews.com/user/comments/705355778/Susan-Powell-friends-to-launch-social-media-blitz.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: January 03, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »

Nutt, although I agree in principle what the folks are saying, I know too it helps family and friends to feel like they are doing something to help.  Hope springs eternal.  I know that in so many cases LE messes up, but I also try to hope they won't.  I don't think Josh is far from their sights, no matter what.  But like with Sarah Foxwell, LE is assuredly dotting their "i"s and crossing their "t"s and for that I can wait.
Haven't said this before, but thank you for keeping us so up-to-date on these cases.  I don't even read them all, I have a point of saturation.  I respect very much your ability to do what you do and I just wanted to say thank you very much.

little lookie has nothing at all to do with this, such have been wanting to use him.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #545 on: January 03, 2010, 09:21:21 PM »

I though Josh's father didn't want Josh involved in the Morman faith.

Aren't the Cox family Morman?

A Morman conspiracy just doesn't make sense to me.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: January 03, 2010, 09:31:42 PM »

Yes, supposedly Josh's father was sending him anti Mormon articles of some kind.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #547 on: January 03, 2010, 10:45:11 PM »

Yes, supposedly Josh's father was sending him anti Mormon articles of some kind.

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:16:16 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #548 on: January 04, 2010, 01:28:22 AM »

Magnolia and Tibrogargan, you are correct.  Josh's family are not Mormons and therefore a Mormon theory does not make sense.  To state things have not change in the last 135 years is not correct on many ways and is an afront to many of the good people in Utah.
The Poland Act, which was referenced, though interesting, has little, if any, relevance to this case.  That case, in part, had to do with having a jury of one's peers include those of a different faith.  It was a dreadful time in the history of Utah (and most states have their dreadful times in history) with much ado about pologamy, Young, Smith.  At issue was the Mormons staying within their local levels to settle their differences and try or not try their own cases.  They were intentionally by-passing the federal marshal/courts.  At specific issue was the murder of a group of non-Mormons who had settled into the territory.  The massacre of these people was deplorable.  Again, it is very interesting reading, I had studied it some years ago in one of my constitutional law classes. A Mr. Lee, who was a Mormon, was one of the men found guilty of this crime.  His statement as he sat on his coffin before he was shot before the firing squad, reflects his belief he was misguided and then abandoned by the Mormon Church and by Brigham Young in particular.
Your link was an informative read.  Thank you for posting it.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #549 on: January 04, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »

I'm just going to assume that LE is waiting for the test results to come back on the evidence before they do anything. Even though everything seems to be pointing to Josh, they can't just arrest him because it looks like he did something to his wife. I'm hoping they are just being very careful and professional.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: January 04, 2010, 10:43:05 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:16:53 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: January 04, 2010, 10:45:37 AM »

Thanks Northern, I suppose this blitz could work, I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out why they may think Susan was taken against her will from the home, I never read that things in the house looked like they were disturbed from a struggle.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:36 PM »

Thanks Northern, I suppose this blitz could work, I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out why they may think Susan was taken against her will from the home, I never read that things in the house looked like they were disturbed from a struggle.

no rose colored glasses

Law enforcement has never indicated when quoted in the media that there is any foundation to indicate that Susan Powell was taken against her will.

Something is hinky in regards to this media blitz.  Kiirsi Hellewell has done a flip flop in less than three weeks.

Janet

++++++

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - IN HER OWN WORDS

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Is Missing Woman`s Husband Stonewalling?
Aired December 15, 2009 - 19:00:00   ET

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST: Kiirsi, thank you so much for joining us. I know this has to be very, very difficult. We are talking with you in the hopes that somehow, something we say might trigger some kind of break and solve this terrible, terrible mystery.

My understanding is that you actually talked to Susan, your best friend, the very day she vanished, Sunday, December 6. Tell us what you spoke about and what she was like?

KIIRSI HELLEWELL, SUSAN POWELL`S BEST FRIEND: Well, we had gone to church together. I didn`t see her at church. And I just saw her walking out of the doors, and so we walked homes together as far as my house. And then she just talked about her boys, because she had her little boys with her. She was glad they behaved really well so she was able to enjoy church. And that`s -- that`s basically all we said. I had no idea it was going to be the last time I was going to see her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: There are some conflicting reports as to what the husband`s explanation is for why she didn`t accompany her on the camping trip. Some say that he said that she wasn`t feeling well. He`s quoted as saying, well, she just wanted to go to sleep.

Did she mention anything about a camping trip to you?

HELLEWELL: Not at all. She didn`t mention anything about that. And I don`t think she knew about it at the time, because they were both scheduled to be at work the next day.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: … As Susan`s best friend, you undoubtedly know her husband. What do you make of his story that he went camping around midnight Sunday, taking his 2- and 4-year-old sons with him, even though it was sub-freezing temperatures, it was late at night, even though he was supposed to be at work the next morning, Monday, where he fails to show up and then doesn`t call, saying he`s gotten confused about the days?

HELLEWELL: It`s absolutely unexplainable. I cannot understand it, and I know everybody is having a hard time believing it. I am myself having a hard time believing it, even though I`m Josh`s friend and I want to stand by him.

He has been known to I know go camping. And they always do sleep in their van. I don`t think they have a tent. They have gone camping three or four times this summer, and it has been a spur of the moment thing, but always on a Saturday morning, never at night, and never in the winter. So I cannot understand that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now what about the state of their marriage? Because reports are that even Susan`s father has said that they had marital problems, but they seemed to be working through them. Friends say that they had had problems involving finances, et cetera, and that at one point divorce was an issue that had been discussed, but that they had appeared to be putting all that behind them. What can you tell us about that?

HELLEWELL: They were very happy when they moved here five years ago. They`ve been married about eight years. And probably about two years ago, things started kind of falling apart. And I`m not going to go into detail about why or what or anything. It just was bad enough that she was going to leave. It was about a year and a half ago in the summer.

Then she decided that she would try to work it out. And they had been working on it, and they both said that things were a lot better the last couple of months.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/15/ijvm.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #553 on: January 04, 2010, 12:44:13 PM »

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - IN HER OWN WORDS

Husband of Missing Mom Susan Powell Lawyers Up
Susan Powell, 28, Feared Dead After Disappearing Dec. 7

"She's been gone for an entire week. I don't believe there can be any, very much hope left," a tearful Kiirsi Hellewell, Powell's best friend, told ABC News. "I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive." ...

Joshua Powell told police that he last saw his wife around 12:30 a.m. before he and the boys left for their trip and that she didn't go along because she was feeling sick.

Yet Hellewell said she talked to Susan Powell on Sunday and she wasn't sick.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-missing-utah-mom-missing-week/story?id=9326774

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: January 04, 2010, 12:46:36 PM »

I'm even wondering if Kiirsi was told by LE what to say, some kind of strategy of some kind. She has flip flopped.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: January 04, 2010, 12:58:59 PM »

EVIDENCE TURNED OVER TO AUTHORITIES

E-mails from Susan Powell told of marriage struggles
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009

WEST VALLEY CITY — E-mails sent last year by Susan Powell to friends told of marriage struggles between her and her husband to the point that she seemed to be in fear of him.

Several of her friends, who wished to remain anonymous, confirmed to the Deseret News that they had turned over to police e-mails that she sent them in June and July of 2008, the point when all friends agreed the Powells' marriage was at its worst.

One friend confirmed that in one of the e-mails, Susan Powell said she was afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys, divorce her or worse.

The friend said Susan Powell had talked to her one day about something she had written and left in her desk at work.

"She had mentioned about writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide. She said it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone," the friend said.

MORE:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353467/Friends-turn-over-e-mails-sent-by-Susan-Powell.html?linkTrack=rss-30

KIIRSI HELLEWELL'S RESPONSE

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation
Last Update: 12/24/2009 8:11 am

Susan Powell's best friend talks exclusively with ABC4 tonight, saying the information from "anonymous leaks" to local publications may be hurting the police investigation.  Kiirsi Hellewell says she's questioning why these so called sources are going to local news outlets instead of the police.  Kiirsi says she's skeptical about some of the recent revelations printed in local publications.  She says Susan told her "pretty much everything".  She's worried the recent leaks might be hindering the work of the police. ...

She told us she hopes the focus stays on bringing Susan back home to her two children ...

MORE:
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Susan-Powells-best-friend-says-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

_____

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #556 on: January 04, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

Reality has Hit and Now Depression sets in.
She is very truthful with herself in preparation for some very bad news.

1 week in this case is a lifetime for Kiirsi Hellewell.

These people are extremely nice...so very kind ..so very considerate..

If that were one of my own that was missing
I would have gotten my answer with a baseball bat by now.. Concern for damages? None..
But that is just me. Monkey Devil!

jmho
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: January 04, 2010, 01:12:23 PM »

I'm even wondering if Kiirsi was told by LE what to say, some kind of strategy of some kind. She has flip flopped.

Could the strategy of the investigation be to use Susan Powell's best friend to direct attention away from Josh Powell?  Could the strategy be to keep all evidence sealed ... evidence that could implicate Josh Powell?

Janet

+++++

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation
Last Update: 12/24/2009 8:11 am

Hellewell says, “I'm just surprised by some of the things that came out this week because it's not anything she's ever told me before, and she pretty much told me everything.”  She adds that she doesn't know who these “anonymous sources” are, but she encourages anyone with fact-based valuable information to go straight to the police.  Hellewell says, “A lot of us, even though we really want to help, it's really not helping.  It's hurting more by talking about all these details that really should be kept between the police.”

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/state/story/Susan-Powells-best-friend-says-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #558 on: January 04, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »

I messed up.  Would a mod please delete post "Reply 552".

Thank you.

Janet

Done.  YW Janet.  MB
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:39:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #559 on: January 04, 2010, 01:48:38 PM »

I could be wrong but somehow I believe that the Mormon faith may be the root of the distancing of Josh Powell from implication in his wife's disappearance despite all the huge red flags to the contrary.

1.  Could it be that Josh's Utah family are in are pulling strings within the organization's hiearchy on his behalf.

2.  Could it be that Josh and/or his anti-Mormon father has the ability to expose be what the closed organization does not want exposed as it relates to Josh and Susan Powell's relationship.

3.  Could it be that Tamikosmom is suspecting a conspiracy where there is not one and ... stuff is going on behind the scenes that dictate there will ultimately be justice for Susan Powell?

Janet

++++++

Powell took his time getting home, neighbor says
Why was husband so slow to come home on first day?
Published: Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009 10:05 p.m. MST

When Josh and Susan Powell were first married, both were very active in the LDS Church, Petersen said. They were sealed in the temple. But once they moved to Utah, Josh Powell stopped attending church.

Petersen said the Powells' marriage counselor instructed Susan Powell to set specific goals. Susan Powell told her husband that her goal was for him to become active in the church again by the end of 2009 and to have his temple recommend again by their anniversary in the spring. Otherwise, she was going to divorce him and take the children, Petersen said.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353673/Friend-Powell-took-time-getting-home.html?pg=2

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.