April 19, 2024, 09:14:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353208 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #600 on: January 05, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »

Thanks Blink for the article, I had not thought about water, didn't enter my mind, I just assumed the bodies of water would have been frozen due to the temperatures.

The Great Salt Lake (west of the Salt Lake valley, via I80 westbound toward Nevada) never freezes due to its composition.  It is also a massive body of water.  Conversely, it is not very deep at all, and bouyancy levels are extremely high.  Unless weighted, a body would float from the onset.
Thank-you, I did not know that.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: January 05, 2010, 05:56:41 PM »

Thanks Blink for the article, I had not thought about water, didn't enter my mind, I just assumed the bodies of water would have been frozen due to the temperatures.

The Great Salt Lake (west of the Salt Lake valley, via I80 westbound toward Nevada) never freezes due to its composition.  It is also a massive body of water.  Conversely, it is not very deep at all, and bouyancy levels are extremely high.  Unless weighted, a body would float from the onset.

One more thought on bodies of water in Utah.

Utah Lake and the Great Salt Lake pretty well cover the possibilities along the Wasatch Front (with the addition of Willard Bay, North of the Salt Lake Valley).

Any lakes to the East and further North would have been mostly frozen at that point, if not completely frozen.

Some (to the East, up in the Wasatch Mountains) where people have either capzised on boats or been lost swimming - bodies of which have never been found:

Strawberry Reservoir
Deer Creek Reservoir
Starvation Reservoir
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »

Thank-you, I did not know that.

You're welcome.
AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2010, 07:31:45 PM »

Thanks Northern, I suppose this blitz could work, I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out why they may think Susan was taken against her will from the home, I never read that things in the house looked like they were disturbed from a struggle.

IMO the media blitz should be about Josh and the Van.  If they can get that plastered all over the place maybe someone will recall seeing it by the side of the road, or by a cave entrance, or an abandoned mine, etc.  Find where he went and you find Susan.

Exactly.
Refresh the public about the van description. Even at night someone may have seen something, but without the "look at this" trigger it will be forgotten.

So far, NOTHING has been said about the van driven by Josh to who-knows-where with 2 little kids. Gas stations or rest areas, fast food places... all those surveillance videos should have been checked. Too big a job? Well yeah, but it could show where he went. And therefore give a clur to where he put her.

I can't believe they let him go again in the rental car.

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: January 05, 2010, 08:00:34 PM »

I'm not a superstitious person but saw this and thought.....is it a sign?  

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=69651

2.9 Earthquake Rattles Saratoga Springs
Reported by:
Tuesday, Jan 5, 2010 @03:15pm

A 2.9 magnitude earthquake shook parts of the Utah Valley overnight.

The University of Utah Seismograph Station reports that the small earthquake occurred beneath the northwestern part of Utah Valley just after 1am Tuesday. The epicenter was located four miles southwest of Lehi.

The shock was felt by hundreds of residents in the area.

A 3.3 aftershock rocked Cedar City again Monday night just before 10.

Since 1962, 23 earthquakes with a magnitude of 3.0 or larger have occurred within 16 miles of that epicenter.

The largest quake was a 4.2 magnitude in June 1992.

Saratoga Springs......

AmandaReckonwith
Scared Monkey

« Reply #605 on: January 05, 2010, 08:21:47 PM »

From the bankruptcy documents, the van is a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, if it is the same van as they had then.

I have a few captures of Josh and his Mom getting into the van with the boys (in the pb album) and I also am saving the capture from the vid linked here, TY Northern Rose.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/

Saved pictures and vids from lots of cases:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: January 05, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »

I am trying to comprehend why Kiirsi Hellewell, family and friends have flip flop from their original positon of doubting Josh Powell. Could it be that instructions from somewhere dictate that a runaway/ kidnapped Susan Powell should be the focus and ... bowing to those instructions is where it is at.

++++++

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 14, 2009

Husband of Missing Mom Susan Powell Lawyers Up
Susan Powell, 28, Feared Dead After Disappearing Dec. 7
December 14, 2009

"She's been gone for an entire week. I don't believe there can be any, very much hope left," a tearful Kiirsi Hellewell, Powell's best friend, told ABC News. "I'm trying to stay busy and not think about it. But I don't see how there's any way she can still be alive." ...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/susan-powell-missing-utah-mom-missing-week/story?id=9326774

KIIRSI HELLEWELL - DECEMBER 24, 2009

Susan Powell's best friend says recent reports could be damaging to investigation
Last Update: 12/24/2009 8:11 am

She told us she hopes the focus stays on bringing Susan back home to her two children because she says Susan's oldest son is starting to miss his mommy. Hellewell says, “I know that he doesn't understand why she's gone, somebody whose always been there for him, for every step of his life.”

http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/Susan-Powells-best-friend-says-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: January 05, 2010, 08:58:59 PM »

I afford Susan's father a pass for flip flopping. He is between a rock and a hard place. If Josh is not held accountable for what happened to his precious daughter ... if the investigation is being influenced by outside entities on Josh's behalf ... this man's future relationship with his grandkids is in the balance.

However ... I do not give a pass to Josh's groupies who are behind this media blitz ... this media blitz that is focused on locating a "live" Susan. It is nothing but a distraction from the red flags which implicate Josh in wrongdoing encompassing his the disappearance of his wife.

+++++++

Susan Powell's husband Josh meets with West Valley City police
Published: Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2009 10:16 p.m. MST

Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan Powell's best friend, said she has been in contact with Josh Powell on a daily basis but hasn't asked him specific questions about Susan in an effort not to interfere with the investigation or to lose his trust as a friend.

"He doesn't do a lot of talking. He mostly looks upset and confused and is crying most of the time," Hellewell said.

She said she sat next to Josh Powell at church on Sunday and that he cried through most of the service.

http://archive.deseretnews.com/article/705351731/Josh-Powell-attends-WVC-police-interview-Tuesday-about-missing-wife-Susan-Powell.html?pg=2

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: January 05, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »

It appears that Charles Cox and Kiirsti Hellewell are now on the same page in regards to Josh Powell.  For now I will give Charles Cox a pass.

Janet

++++++

CHARLES COX

DECEMBER 22, 2009

Josh Powell's Washington trip raises eyebrows
Last Update: 12/22/2009 1:52 am

Sunday evening Josh Powell showed up unannounced at a candlelight vigil for his wife. During that appearance, he was shielded from the cameras and just about everyone else by a circle of friends. Not even his father-in-law, Chuck Cox, could get through to talk to him.

Cox said, "We've had no contact with Josh. We don't know what his plans are. I didn't even know he was coming up here." Cox once defended Powell, but now is obviously upset that he has stopped cooperating with police. "Until we get some solid information about what really happened that night ... that morning ... that day ... there are still a lot of unanswered questions."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Josh-Powells-Washington-trip-raises-eyebrows/YMht8xWvVkideITAGsTQ3g.cspx

JANUARY 3, 2010

Susan Powell Case: A Missing Mother from Utah Remains a Mystery
January 03, 2010

Susan's father and one of her best friends were on the Today show to discuss the case. Her father expressed that he doesn't like the way that Josh has been treated.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2550925/susan_powell_case_a_missing_mother.html?cat=8

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: January 05, 2010, 10:00:28 PM »

Apparently ... according to Facebook ... Charles Cox is administrator of a search fund for his daughter.  Consider I have a hinky feeling in regards to the media blitz ... I have made the decision not to register.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187

What are the details encompassing this search?  Did I miss something?  Story of my life.

Janet

+++++++

Susan Powell became missing from her utah home in december all proceeds will go towards a fund that has been setup to help with her search.Please help thank you.

http://www.cafepress.com/susanpowell

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: January 05, 2010, 10:34:58 PM »

Joshua Powell 'Blue cap' interview (Video)
December 27, 10:20 PM

... During the interview, Josh said, "I've been trying to figure out what I can do so I don't sit idle."

When asked if he had anything to say to address his wife's disappearance, Josh said, "I didn’t do anything, I mean, I don’t know where she’s at ... I don’t even know where to start looking."

Powell told interviewers his wife went to bed and he took his two young boys camping. He said, "You know, I got a pretty late start." When the interviewer asked, "9ish, something like that?"

Josh responded, "No it was later. A lot of times I go camping with my boys, you know, nothing big. I just go overnight and we do s'mores and stuff like that."

When asked "Where do you guys camp?" Josh responded, "We went down south to some trails down there."

"You mean like (inaudible)?" Josh said, "No, no, we actually just went down to the, uh, Pony Express."

The interviewer asked, "Pony Express trail?" Josh said, "Yeah".

Monday neither Josh nor Susan showed up for work. Josh was asked, "Why didn't you call to work?" Josh said, "You know, I was somehow thinking it was Sunday. I didn't go to church and I, I just missed a day."

"So you got confused what day it was?" Josh responded, "Yeah".

http://www.examiner.com/x-22460-Seattle-Family-Examiner~y2009m12d27-Joshua-Powell-Blue-cap-interview-Video

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #611 on: January 05, 2010, 10:49:50 PM »

When someone you love goes missing . . . the last thing you want to do is give up hope.  Reality comes soon enough, but for today, let there be a ray of hope to hang on to.  Are they in denial, probably.  But to call them "groupies" or allude to raising awareness as "hinky" is unkind, to say the least.
I helped search for "a live" Sarah Foxwell, even though in my heart I knew she would not be found alive.  A groupie, hinky . . . until you've mudded your own boots, kindly give Susan's family and friends some respect.  Their darkness will come soon enough and that's a living hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: January 05, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

When someone you love goes missing . . . the last thing you want to do is give up hope.  Reality comes soon enough, but for today, let there be a ray of hope to hang on to.  Are they in denial, probably.  But to call them "groupies" or allude to raising awareness as "hinky" is unkind, to say the least.
I helped search for "a live" Sarah Foxwell, even though in my heart I knew she would not be found alive.  A groupie, hinky . . . until you've mudded your own boots, kindly give Susan's family and friends some respect.  Their darkness will come soon enough and that's a living hell I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Sister....you have a wonderful and thoughtful way with the words you choose.  I am so
happy that you are here and that you provide us with this wisdom.  When families are
hoping and praying to see their loved one again, who are we to label any part of their
process.  I would rather we support them than tear them down.  Again, thank you.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: January 05, 2010, 11:25:14 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

I would join the media blitz effort in a bat of an eye IF Josh Powell's image along with the images/full description of his van and the rental vehicle were the focus rather than Susan Powell's image.

I would uphold the effort as doing what the investigators should have been doing in the first week following Susan's disappearance.  Maybe at least one person's memory would have been jogged regarding one of these vehicles in a location that seemed suspicious.

Janet

++++++

Police ask why Powell drove so far in rental car
By Pat Reavy
Deseret News
Published: Monday, Dec. 21, 2009 9:03 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY — A car rented by Josh Powell two days after his wife was reported missing was returned just 24 hours later with a lot of miles on it, according to police.

"It looks like there were several hundred miles driven," West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan told the Deseret News.

Investigators do not know where the car was taken or where Josh Powell was during that 24-hour period. There was no GPS data stored in that rental car, said McLachlan, who declined Monday to say from where the vehicle was rented.

Powell reportedly rented the car after police seized his minivan — his only vehicle — to be processed for evidence in connection with the disappearance of his wife, Susan Powell. The van has since been returned to Josh Powell.

Questions surrounding the rental car are just a few of many to which West Valley police would like Josh Powell to provide detailed answers. But as of Monday, they say, he continues to be non-forthcoming and has not accepted their open invitation to return to police headquarters for another interview.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705353130/Police-ask-why-Powell-drove-so-far-in-rental-car.html

Janet - I agree.  The focus needs to be on Josh and what he did to Susan, IMO. 

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #614 on: January 05, 2010, 11:30:28 PM »

Sister....you have a wonderful and thoughtful way with the words you choose.  I am so
happy that you are here and that you provide us with this wisdom.  When families are
hoping and praying to see their loved one again, who are we to label any part of their
process.  I would rather we support them than tear them down.  Again, thank you.

Mere, you are welcome. Susan's children, family, and friends need our prayers.

Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: January 05, 2010, 11:36:13 PM »

I see nothing wrong with a media blitz of any case regardless of what images are portrayed.  If it adds even a snippet of information that brings answers then it is well worth the effort.  Possible the images of the vehicles could still be subject to LE ratification.

I commend all those who have spread the word about Susan being missing in whatever way they are able as it seems to me another way of being able to lend assistance to Susan and her family as a physical search is out of the question at present.  Much better than just sitting faceless behind a computer screen promulgating erroneous information, which to my way of thinking, is akin to spreading false gossip.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: January 05, 2010, 11:47:10 PM »

Thanks Northern, I suppose this blitz could work, I'm not sure. I'm trying to figure out why they may think Susan was taken against her will from the home, I never read that things in the house looked like they were disturbed from a struggle.

IMO the media blitz should be about Josh and the Van.  If they can get that plastered all over the place maybe someone will recall seeing it by the side of the road, or by a cave entrance, or an abandoned mine, etc.  Find where he went and you find Susan.

Exactly.
Refresh the public about the van description. Even at night someone may have seen something, but without the "look at this" trigger it will be forgotten.

So far, NOTHING has been said about the van driven by Josh to who-knows-where with 2 little kids. Gas stations or rest areas, fast food places... all those surveillance videos should have been checked. Too big a job? Well yeah, but it could show where he went. And therefore give a clur to where he put her.

I can't believe they let him go again in the rental car.

AmandaReckonwith, Northern Rose and no rose colored glasses

I agree.  Consider all the huge red flags that appear to implicate Josh in the disappearance of his wife ... the focus should be on this guy and ... where he drove with those vehicles.  Why authorities did not release the information regarding the vehicles Josh was driving is beyond my comprehension?

Northern Rose ... that you for the van images.

Janet

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #617 on: January 05, 2010, 11:52:03 PM »

I see nothing wrong with a media blitz of any case regardless of what images are portrayed.  If it adds even a snippet of information that brings answers then it is well worth the effort.  Possible the images of the vehicles could still be subject to LE ratification.

I commend all those who have spread the word about Susan being missing in whatever way they are able as it seems to me another way of being able to lend assistance to Susan and her family as a physical search is out of the question at present.  Much better than just sitting faceless behind a computer screen promulgating erroneous information, which to my way of thinking, is akin to spreading false gossip.
I wholeheartedly agree and appreciate your thoughts.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: January 05, 2010, 11:53:42 PM »

From the bankruptcy documents, the van is a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, if it is the same van as they had then.

I have a few captures of Josh and his Mom getting into the van with the boys (in the pb album) and I also am saving the capture from the vid linked here, TY Northern Rose.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Susan%20Powell/

Here is a generic 2005 Chrysler Town & Country:

From the link above:

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: January 05, 2010, 11:59:27 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:20:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.