April 24, 2024, 05:29:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353300 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #660 on: January 07, 2010, 03:04:52 PM »

Mark Klaas on Nancy Grace last night.... 

KLAAS: Well, I think that he`s an irresponsible, immature little man that needs a mother more than he needed a wife. She is the one that was carrying the weight in this relationship. I have to commend her friends and family for the incredible work they`ve done on the Internet campaign to bring to the attention millions and millions of people via Facebook, twitter and YouTube.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/06/ng.01.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »

I agree NoRose & Jen.  Very strange comment to make when your wife is missing.  It sounds like something Drew Peterson would say.

I'm so frustrated that he has not been classified as a "suspect".  I certainly look forward to the results of the evidence coming back.  And I really worry about the two little boys.  The father seems so unstable.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #662 on: January 07, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »

Sorry if this is a repeat:

Criminal Profiler Pat Brown Commets on Missing Utah Woman, Susan Powell, Husband Questioned

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9qhSqt1QA4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9qhSqt1QA4o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #663 on: January 07, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »

Yep....he'll be filing for divorce next Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: January 07, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »

Josh Powell Moving From Utah Utah News, KUTV, 2News, Utah Community.flv

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K25lj-kYmEA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/K25lj-kYmEA&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #665 on: January 07, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »

I agree NoRose & Jen.  Very strange comment to make when your wife is missing.  It sounds like something Drew Peterson would say.

I'm so frustrated that he has not been classified as a "suspect".  I certainly look forward to the results of the evidence coming back.  And I really worry about the two little boys.  The father seems so unstable.

What did they say on a forensics return?  4 - 8 weeks?  It's been 4....

I do hope they scoured what those kids were wearing from their "camping" trip - and also any blankets/sleeping bags they had.

If they went out into the sand dunes like I'm thinking is more and more likely - there is no way Josh could have gotten all the sand out of the kids clothing and bedding.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: January 07, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »

Blink

I am a huge fan of your indepth research but we will have to agree to respectfully disagree on this issue.

The media blitz encourages others to be on the lookout for a "live" Susan Powell and ... in my opinion ... this is a distraction from all the red flags which direct suspicion on Josh Powell.

From my perspective ... the cause of justice for this young Mom is being deterred if the focus is not on her husband as well as all aspects encompassing his van and the rental vehicle.

In my opinion ... tips generated from sightings of either of these vehicle that Josh was driving in that crucial time is where it is at.  Why are authorities withholding discriptions from the public?

Susan has been missing for one month and ... nothing.  Something is not right.

IMO  

Janet  

I was not disagreeing with you that Josh needs to be the focus, and the cars and his activities. We concur 100%, in fact I also agree with some of the issues you remarked about LE.

What I was trying to say was that although on the surface it looks like maybe people are putting out a blitz for a "live Susan", any leads developed will be potentially helpful.  If I am being honest, do I think that is the best angle? No.

I specifically did not post my article on that site because it asked for nothing speculatory, and I do respect that from the friends and family of a missing loved one. I apologize if my oversensitivity to the friends/family got to me. I just know that what they are saying and feeling is something very natural for the situation.

The investigation, is a separate matter. I sincerely hope this PD has asked for help in this case.

I also sincerely hope a guardian ad litem is requested by Susan's parents, pronto.

B

Thanks for the response Blink.

Regarding guardianship.  I agree but ... there is so much to consider.

I do believe that Charles Cox's words to the media upholding his SIL as a "super" father may come back to haunt him.

Also ... the relationship of Susan's parents with their grandsons would be in the balance if the request for guardianship was denied.  Currently ... Josh is affording visitation to the grandparents.

Is CPS currently involved?  If not ... I would assume that the "powers that be" do not have a concern over Josh's ability to parent.

Janet

+++++++

Susan Powell Reportedly Made Plans to Leave Husband 1 Year Ago, Feared Kidnapping
Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cox and Joshua Powell have barely spoken since Susan Powell was reported missing, although Cox has defended Joshua Powell as a good father.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580882,00.html

BLOCKED WEBSITE

« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:28:19 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #667 on: January 07, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »

FYI in case anyone is interested.

On Dec 6/7 this (Knolls OHV Park) is likely one of only 2 places remotely nearby where the ground wouldn't have been frozen.

The other is Little Sahara, but while both Parks are State operated, Little Sahara has a guard shack for entry, and Knolls does not (honor system).

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/utah_09597/ride_976b.htm

Watch the video at that link, to understand what I mean about the ground being easy to dig in - year round.

Here is the weather report for Knolls - note the amount of precipitation for the entire month of December 2009 (there would have been no snow)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/pastweather/US1006:13?when=-7
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #668 on: January 07, 2010, 05:54:17 PM »

I wonder how Josh can sell the house without Susan...unless he is sole owner of
the home.

Perhaps his thought is to just turn the house over to the bank/mortgage company
and walk away.

I wish we knew if there was an attorney representing Susan.

Good Morning Monkeys.... 

They own the house jointly - so he'd either have to declare Susan deceased - or just walk away from it like you stated.

If he's just walking away from it, then why not stay until the Bank boots him out?  Considering the reason he gave for leaving is that he lost his job and cannot afford the mortgage - well, stay anyway!  At least give the appearance you have hope your wife will come back to her home!! 

14-35-307-027-0000Parcel

POWELL, JOSH & SUSAN; JT Owner
xxxx x xxxxx  CIR  Address
0.26Total Acreage
  - Tax Class Id
103 - SNGL FAM RESProperty Type
29Tax District
 % Exempt
 Exempt Type
  Value History 
  Record Land Value  Building Value  Market Value  Tax Rate 
2009   $ 74,100  $ 89,100  $ 163,200  .0140050
2008 1 $ 87,800 $ 103,500 $ 191,300 .0122170
2007 1 $ 56,700 $ 142,400 $ 199,100 .0124730
  90 $ 56,700 $ 127,200 $ 183,900 
2006 1 $ 50,500 $ 129,900 $ 180,400 .0139840
  90 $ 50,500 $ 124,500 $ 175,000 
2005 1 $ 41,500 $ 102,400 $ 143,900 .0141250
2004 1 $ 37,100 $ 112,200 $ 149,300 .0145950
  90 $ 37,100 $ 98,900 $ 136,000 

40.686116213,-112.040560964 More

+ MAP+ LAND
+ RESIDENCE/CONDO
+ COMMERCIAL
+ DETACHED STRUCTURE
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #669 on: January 07, 2010, 06:35:53 PM »

KSL News right now reporting:

Body Found-

West of Wendover near/in Pilor Valley
Found right next to the road (I-80)

The only description they have right now is that the body is 5'5" - 5'6" tall

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: January 07, 2010, 06:38:14 PM »

Thanks for the info Jen.  Very interesting & helpful.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705356889/Josh-Powell-keeps-low-profile.html

Josh Powell keeps low profile

Friends say Web blitz was big success

WEST VALLEY CITY — Josh Powell did his best to stay out of the public eye again Thursday as he reportedly prepared for his move back to Washington.

Friends and neighbors say the husband of Susan Powell, missing for over a month, is selling his house and moving back to his hometown of Puyallup, Wash. Josh and his two sons, ages 2 and 4, have reportedly been staying with relatives in Washington since Christmas.

Kiirsi Hellewell, a close friend of Susan's, said Josh has asked his LDS ward to help him move on Saturday. Hellewell said before Susan disappeared, Josh had started attending their ward again and has reportedly been attending church in Washington.

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing since Dec. 7. Josh told police he went camping in a remote area of Tooele County about 12:30 a.m. that day with his two boys. When he returned, his wife was gone.

Since then, police say Josh Powell has been uncooperative in answering their questions. That, combined with a pair of odd media interviews and reports of unusual behavior, have raised public speculation and criticism of Josh. Police have called him a person of interest in the case. Powell lost his job soon after his wife disappeared and questions about his behavior started being raised.

Josh Powell keeps low profile

Friends say Web blitz was big success

By Pat Reavy

Deseret News
Published: Thursday, Jan. 7, 2010 4:03 p.m. MST
0 comments
Facebook Fark Twitter Digg |  E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + -

* Page:
    * Next >

WEST VALLEY CITY — Josh Powell did his best to stay out of the public eye again Thursday as he reportedly prepared for his move back to Washington.

Friends and neighbors say the husband of Susan Powell, missing for over a month, is selling his house and moving back to his hometown of Puyallup, Wash. Josh and his two sons, ages 2 and 4, have reportedly been staying with relatives in Washington since Christmas.

Kiirsi Hellewell, a close friend of Susan's, said Josh has asked his LDS ward to help him move on Saturday. Hellewell said before Susan disappeared, Josh had started attending their ward again and has reportedly been attending church in Washington.

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing since Dec. 7. Josh told police he went camping in a remote area of Tooele County about 12:30 a.m. that day with his two boys. When he returned, his wife was gone.

Since then, police say Josh Powell has been uncooperative in answering their questions. That, combined with a pair of odd media interviews and reports of unusual behavior, have raised public speculation and criticism of Josh. Police have called him a person of interest in the case. Powell lost his job soon after his wife disappeared and questions about his behavior started being raised.
Story continues below

Also Thursday, some neighbors were still talking about a dispute over a swing set in the Powell's backyard that ended with police being called to the Powell house Wednesday afternoon.

The Powells have a playground set in their backyard, 6254 W. Sarah Circle. The man who built that swing set and placed it in the yard so his kids and Josh's kids could use it claimed the swing set was his, said West Valley police Capt. Tom McLachlan.

But after a pickup truck was backed up to the Powell's yard Wednesday and became stuck in the snow, a dispute over ownership of the playground equipment started between the neighbor and Michael Powell, Josh's brother who drove to Utah with him from Washington to help him move. McLachlan said Michael Powell reportedly changed his mind and thought moving the swing set would become too much of a problem.

Although he wouldn't classify it as an argument, McLachlan said Michael Powell "was nervous about all the media" sitting out front watching and called police.

An officer showed up to keep the peace, but did not arrest anyone. Because of the dispute over who owned the property, the group was ordered to keep the playground where it was, McLachlan said.

Josh Powell was not seen by the responding officer, he said. McLachlan said because he is not a suspect, Powell is free to leave the state whenever he wants.

Meanwhile, friends and families who helped launch a 72-hour social media blitz over such networks as Facebook and Twitter were extremely pleased Thursday with the results,

Approximately 22,000 people friended the "Friends and Family of Susan Powell" Facebook page during that three-day period.

"That 22,000 means 44,000 new eyes and ears," said Shelby Gifford, a friend of Susan Powell and spokeswoman for her family in Washington, "Who knows what that might end up being."

Gifford believed they had received Facebook responses from every continent. Messages were received over the past three days from Japan, Australia, Africa and Mexico, she said.

"(The social media blitz) went extremely well. Way beyond our expectations," Hellewell said. "The main point beside keeping her name and face in the news was hoping someone would remember something."

Both Hellewell and Gifford said the social media campaign resulted in some good new tips about the case that police were now following up.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #671 on: January 07, 2010, 06:42:59 PM »

Body Found-

Wow. Dear God, I wonder if it is her?.
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #672 on: January 07, 2010, 06:43:39 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-01-07-utah-missing-woman-husband_N.htm

Missing Utah woman's husband appears to be moving

Joshua Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, will only say that the Salt Lake City area doesn't provide his client with the financial and social support his family needs.

snipped.

jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: January 07, 2010, 06:44:16 PM »

Body Found-

ETA:  Wrapped in black plastic
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: January 07, 2010, 06:46:27 PM »

Body Found-

Well - it's definitely the direction he claimed to have gone "camping" - albeit several miles further west.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: January 07, 2010, 06:46:45 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story/Body-found-west-of-Wendover/xS_Vf9ff4EWgoI-KJrmEog.cspx

WEST WENDOVER, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Police confirm that a body has been found in the desert west of Wendover wrapped in duct tape and plastic.

There was no other description of the body or what gender it may be.

There was no indication that the body could be Susan Powell, either.

The body was found in Pilot Valley, about 15 miles from the Utah border near Interstate 80.

Stay tuned to ABC 4 News and ABC4.com for more on this story.

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #676 on: January 07, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »

Body Found-

Well - it's definitely the direction he claimed to have gone "camping" - albeit several miles further west.

Thank you Jen.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #677 on: January 07, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story/Body-found-west-of-Wendover/xS_Vf9ff4EWgoI-KJrmEog.cspx

WEST WENDOVER, Utah (ABC 4 News) - Police confirm that a body has been found in the desert west of Wendover wrapped in duct tape and plastic.

The body was found in Pilot Valley, about 15 miles from the Utah border near Interstate 80.

Dear Lord, my heart sunk, when I saw duct tape. My thoughts and prayers to this person's loved ones.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: January 07, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »

Thanks cece

KSL said nothing about the duct tape

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: January 07, 2010, 06:54:39 PM »

If the body was found right next to the road, then there wasn't much effort to conceal it, whether this is Susan Powell or not. She's been gone a month and a day now.  I wonder if the intention was to return and hide the body in a more concealed space. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.