March 29, 2024, 08:12:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 352721 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #780 on: January 18, 2010, 06:06:54 PM »

I am not going to hold my breath on that one 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: January 18, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »

Has this been posted??.... I didn't see it, if it was.

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:33:44 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #782 on: January 18, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »

Comments      lol 

http://www.tribtowns.com/comments/read_comments.asp?ref=14218073&sec=News

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #783 on: January 18, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »

Interesting comments.  I've seen the Youtube with Frostie the Cockatoo.  He's pretty talented, imo.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: January 19, 2010, 12:25:25 AM »

"We're learning every day, and I'm really hoping that we see success and these young women are found alive," Artwick said.
End.

On the subject of Social Networking.. Like Facebook, My Space or any of the other web sites like them.

Social Networking does not include Tough Subjects like missing people.. and you will always have the drive by poster !!
He/She who has contempt and a desire to make rude and obnoxious comments..

That is why it is better accomplished in sites like Scared Monkeys and Web Sleuths, Refugees or Blogs for Natalee  These are the social networking sites for people interested in investigation through Internet related research and provable theory through relative professional web sites of information as to why any idea relative to the disappearance of Susan Powell or any other missing person can be considered viable.
 I believe people become more astute with opinions and then.. the reality of cases solved....
Experience sets the pace. You have to earn it ! After time you are able to pull Arrest records and Maps and professional opinion as well as other cases relative.
 We become more refined armed with links to viable information that detectives can use to investigate and possibly lead to solving cases and leading detectives to possible suspects, or in the case of a few, to a live missing person.

People involved in these sites are consistent and learning all the time.
I have had the Honor of watching them work. I have tried to learn as well.

Scared Monkeys and other sites like it have been a study in social networking.
We are the first in history to do this !
Every one of you since the beginning have been a part in history.
How we make this work or not expresses win or failure's to future generations.
In other words we either help investigators or this idea goes down in flames and ends up nothing more then a glorified ego/opinion related forum/chat room.

Over the last 5-7 years we have seen a lot of people come and go..
We have witness cases solved and not.. We have been witness, through witness, educated. 
In all the investigative forums exists an elite group of Internet researchers, those that have been here for years collecting data or know how to get the data.
It has been an amazing event in sociology.
No other nation has been successful in this type of forum developed out of concern for others.
You have...
 You Gotta Love That
callie4u
Scared Monkey

« Reply #785 on: January 19, 2010, 01:27:42 AM »

Edward, You are so on point!! 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: January 19, 2010, 03:02:40 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:34:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: January 19, 2010, 03:04:05 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9391743
1 of 2 Powell Facebook pages deleted
January 19th, 2010 @ 8:26am

SALT LAKE CITY -- A Facebook page related to the disappearance of Susan Powell has been deleted.

Two rival Facebook pages with information about the West Valley City mother's disappearance were available on the social networking site.

The group page titled "Susan Powell" had about 6,000 members. The Salt Lake Tribune reports it has been deleted.

The other page, set up by Susan's family, is 42,000 members strong and still available on the site.

The page that was deleted frequently featured posts accusing Susan's husband, Josh Powell, of having a role in his wife's disappearance. The family page tends to filter those kinds of comments.

Usually, a page must be reported for it to be deleted. But a spokesperson for Susan's parents in Washington state says the family did not complain about the page.

A Facebook spokesperson tells the Tribune the reason the page was deleted
is unclear for now because of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday Monday.

Susan Powell has been missing since Dec. 7. She was last seen by her husband, who said he left on a winter camping trip with the couple's children at about 12:30 a.m. that day.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: January 19, 2010, 03:06:05 PM »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/01/19/Susan-Powell-Facebook-page-removed/UPI-60851263922707/

U.S. News
View archive | RSS Feed RSS Feed
Receive Free UPI Newsletter
Susan Powell Facebook page removed
Published: Jan. 19, 2010 at 12:38 PM
SALT LAKE CITY, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- A page on the Facebook Web site about missing Utah mother Susan Powell has been deleted, its creator says.

The Web page's creator, Leslie Bleak, wrote on her own Facebook page that Web site officials took the page down last week, reportedly after it had drawn complaints, The Salt Lake Tribune reported Tuesday.

A Facebook spokeswoman told the Tribune she hadn't had a chance to find out why the Susan Powell page was removed. The newspaper said Facebook's posted terms of use cautions that it reserves the right to remove content if it violates copyrights, other laws or the "spirit" of its terms.

Susan Powell disappeared in early December. Her husband, Joshua Powell, has been called a "person of interest" by police after he told them she was gone when he returned from a short camping trip with their two young sons.

The Tribune said Bleak's page, titled "Susan Powell," contained many postings accusing Joshua Powell of having a role in the disappearance.
Bleak earlier told the newspaper she started the Facebook page because she objected to restrictions on a page started by Susan Powell's family, and had received angry complaints from people asking her to remove her page.

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: January 19, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »

From: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705359021/Police-gathering-Powell-evidence.html

""Cox said the family was "still confident that Susan will be found and very hopeful that she will be found alive." He also praised the work being done by Kiirsi Hellewell, one of Susan's close friends in Utah.""

and from:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-father-of-missing-utah-mom-holds-out-hope,0,846685.story

""Shelby Griffard commented that the family is confident Susan is still alive and the West Valley Police Deparment is doing everything they can to find her.""

Question:

Where do they think she might be??  I will never understand this.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #790 on: January 19, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »

From: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705359021/Police-gathering-Powell-evidence.html

""Cox said the family was "still confident that Susan will be found and very hopeful that she will be found alive." He also praised the work being done by Kiirsi Hellewell, one of Susan's close friends in Utah.""

and from:
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-father-of-missing-utah-mom-holds-out-hope,0,846685.story

""Shelby Griffard commented that the family is confident Susan is still alive and the West Valley Police Deparment is doing everything they can to find her.""

Question:

Where do they think she might be??  I will never understand this.

I'm right there with ya...makes no sense at all! 

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: January 19, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »

Kiirsi Hellewell ?

Well who knows..
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: January 20, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/20/crimesider/entry6119449.shtml
January 20, 2010 11:35 AM
Missing Utah Mom Susan Powell is Missing from Facebook Too

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: January 23, 2010, 08:23:51 PM »

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 08:28:09 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: January 24, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

The Facebook appears to be ok now

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198478842187

Blog

http://findsusanpowell.blogspot.com/

Twitter

http://twitter.com/FindSusan

Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/susanpowellsearch
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #795 on: January 25, 2010, 08:25:14 AM »

Good Morning monkeys  This just baffles me. The family is holding on to hope and that she may be found alive. Where do they think she is? She left her purse, and I am assuming her wallet with her id was in it and her cell phone. There are no bank records as far as we know showing a money trail of her leaving to start a new identity. Nothing as far as we know showing an on line affair, or phone records indicating a third party. No just a strange stain on the floor that no one talks about, a husband who takes the kids camping in sub zero temps. late at night, and the fact that he has not searched for his wife, and just packed up and moved away. Why because logically we all know he knows she is dead and probably knows where she is. What is up with the Utah LE?  Sorry to complain about them but they should have done a more thorough investigation on this before letting this man clear that house out!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #796 on: January 25, 2010, 03:20:26 PM »

Ido not know But I stopped doing research as soon as the family agreed she was alive.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #797 on: January 26, 2010, 08:36:06 PM »

No need to be sorry Newfie.....we all feel the same way. 

Edward....I don't blame you one bit 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #798 on: January 27, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »

Supporters of missing Utah mother decorate home

Wednesday, January 27, 2010; 3:41 PM

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah -- Friends and family of a Utah woman missing since December have decorated her empty home with purple bows and hearts in hopes of renewing public interest in the case.

Susan Powell, 28, was last seen at home on Dec. 7. Her husband, Josh Powell, told police he saw his wife about 12:30 a.m. as he left with the couple's young sons for a winter camping trip on the Pony Express trail west of Salt Lake City.

Josh Powell, 34, has been called the sole person of interest in the case, but has not been arrested. He moved away from Utah weeks ago to stay with family in Washington state. His sister, Jennifer Graves, says the West Valley City house will eventually be sold.

Messages taped to the house Wednesday expressed love for Susan and promised a continued effort to find her and bring her home.

"If she comes back here, at least she'll have a warm welcome," said Graves, one of about two dozen who helped with the decorating project. "We'll keep hoping. We'll keep praying. We'll keep her name out there."

Police contend that Josh Powell has not been forthcoming with information in interviews with detectives.

"We have an open invitation to Joshua to come down, or invite us up there, to clear up some questions from his initial statements and help us verify what he has told us," West Valley City Capt. Tom McLachlan said.

New information and tips from the public have recently slowed, so investigators appreciate efforts by family and friends to keep Susan Powell's story in front of the public, McLachlan said.

A telephone message left for Josh Powell's attorney, Scott Williams, was not immediately returned Wednesday. Williams has said Josh Powell has cooperated with police and has never been asked to take investigators to the place he camped.

Graves and her husband said they were in Washington last Friday and had dinner with Josh Powell and his children - Charlie, 5, and Brayden, 3 - at her father's home. The couple declined to provide any details of their conversation with Josh Powell about his missing wife or his cooperation with police.

"I've been disappointed with his efforts," Jennifer Graves said. "He's chosen to walk away. His job right now is to talk to the police."

Graves said her nephews - both of whom celebrated birthdays in January - are doing well under the circumstances.

"They are aware that (Susan) is 'lost,' that's what they have been told," she said.

Graves said the family remains hopeful that Susan Powell is alive and will be found.

"Just keep looking, keep looking for her," she implored.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/27/AR2010012703220.html

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #799 on: January 28, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »

Most guilty people DO stand in silence.
Why Not ?
They want you to prove it... IF you can't they are FREE.
It is the game guilty play..
Name almost any convicted criminal to see it is true.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.