April 20, 2024, 07:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353215 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2009, 09:56:06 AM »

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/Husband-of-missing-West-Valley-woman-holds-press/-JQHqU3FbkSsljloDTE3RQ.cspx

Husband of missing West Valley woman holds press conference
Reported by: Brian Carlson
Last Update: 7:45 am

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – The search continues Monday for a missing West Valley woman. There's been a lot of speculation lately involving her husband, and over the weekend he held a press conference to set the record straight.

Josh Powell is trying to get the word out that he loves and misses his wife. Although Powell held a press conference Saturday, his brother in law, Kirk Graves, did all the talking.

Josh's wife, Susan Powell disappeared a week ago Sunday night. Her purse and cell phone left behind in the west valley home. Her husband said he left her to camping with their two sons in a Tooele campsite and hasn't seen her in over a week. Powell's brother in law said Josh is not comfortable talking to the media right now. They're still trying to figure out how to handle this situation.

"It's been difficult to know what to say, who to talk to, how soon to talk, and we want to be as open as possible and at the same time keep some sense of normalcy in the daily lives of our family and children,” said Kirk Graves.

Friends and neighbors of Susan Powell are trying to get the word out too. Over the weekend they handed out thousands of flyers, hoping someone who knows something will come forward to help them find her.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2009, 12:26:35 PM »

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=67061

Police Seek Second Interview With Missing Woman's Husband
Reported by:
Monday, Dec 14, 2009 @10:52am

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police in Utah want another interview with the husband of a woman whose disappearance authorities are calling suspicious.

Police say Susan Powell was last seen a week ago. Powell's husband told authorities he left his wife around midnight Dec. 6 and took their young sons on a camping trip in subfreezing temperatures.

Police say they haven't been able to verify the trip because snow had covered the site.

Authorities say Josh Powell told them he and the boys slept in a van and returned home Tuesday evening.

Susan Powell disappeared, leaving her purse and cell phone behind.

Damon Talbot, who helps maintain a Facebook page for Susan Powell, says some family members are fasting and praying for her safe return.

On The Web: Friends and Family of Susan Powell on Facebook
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2009, 02:26:26 PM »

He doesn't feel comfy discussing it because HE knows exactly what happened to her. He does not feel comfy discussing it because he knows he'll screw up.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »

He did NOT leave at midnight. In his first interview that we watched he clearly states he got a late start on his camping adventure.. 9-930 ..THAT would be A.M.
HE last had seen his wife around midnight when SHE went to bed.
It makes no mention of HIM going to bed.

So it would appear that something bad happened after midnight and His wife may have gone on the trip with them buried under some camp supplies in his vehicle and nicely wrapped in plastic and dead as a doornail.

Sometimes, I hate the news media.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »

Husband of missing Utah woman retains attorney

By BROCK VERGAKIS and JENNIFER DOBNER (AP) – 13 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — The husband of a 28-year-old woman who went missing a week ago without taking her purse or cell phone has retained an attorney.

Well-known Salt Lake City defense attorney Scott Williams says he has been retained by Josh Powell. Williams declined further comment.

Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7 when she didn't show up to work and her children weren't dropped off at day care.

Josh Powell told police he left his wife about 12:30 a.m. Dec. 7 to take his two boys, ages 2 and 4, camping in subfreezing conditions. He returned about 5 p.m. the same day

Police planned to interview Josh Powell a second time this week, possibly Monday.

Josh Powell has declined to answer questions from reporters.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CJ96M80

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2009, 02:55:38 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:20:38 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »

the heat is on

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2009, 03:06:10 PM »

the heat is on
Yes, and now the fool has a lawyer.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »

Nut - Yes it is    

By BROCK VERGAKIS and JENNIFER DOBNER (AP) – 15 minutes ago

SALT LAKE CITY — The husband of a 28-year-old woman who went missing a week ago without taking her purse or cell phone has retained an attorney.

Well-known Salt Lake City defense attorney Scott Williams said Monday he has been retained by Josh Powell, whose wife Susan Powell was reported missing Dec. 7.

Williams often represents high-profile defendants in criminal cases. Among his recent clients are Wanda Eileen Barzee, who has pleaded guilty to federal charges in the Elizabeth Smart kidnapping, and Christopher Jeppson, one of two men charged in the 1995 murder of Utah County teenager Kiplyn Davis.

Williams declined to say when he was retained and when Powell was going to be questioned again.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CJ9D080

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »

Wow, wonder how he is paying for that lawyer? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

Missing West Valley woman's husband hires attorney

WEST VALLEY CITY — The Deseret News has learned that Josh Powell, the husband of missing West Valley City woman Susan Powell, has retained a high-profile Salt Lake attorney.

Several sources have told the News that Powell has retained the services of Scott Williams. Williams most recently has served as the attorney for Wanda Barzee in both state and federal court.

Last month, Barzee pleaded guilty to federal charges of kidnapping and unlawful transportation of a minor. She and Brian David Mitchell both were accused of kidnapping Elizabeth Smart from her Federal Heights home in 2002.

West Valley police said Monday they had no new information in the Powell case, but they expected to interview Josh Powell again and ask some follow-up questions.

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing for a week.

West Valley Police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday that he could not comment on details of the investigation. He said at least eight detectives worked on the case Sunday, fielding any tips or leads they could get from family or friends.

Police had said they planned to conduct another interview early this week with Josh Powell, who told police he left his wife at home and took his boys, ages 2 and 4, on a camping trip around midnight Dec. 6 in subfreezing temperatures.

Josh Powell told police he slept in a van with the boys in Utah's western desert. Police say he returned home Monday evening. They haven't been able to verify the camping trip because snow had covered the spot where he said he went.

Anyone with information about Susan Powell can call West Valley police at 801-840-4000.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351526/Sources-Josh-Powell-hires-attorney.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2009, 03:48:55 PM »

He slept in the van with the boys?  He would have had to let the van run all night, or turn it off and on every hour to keep the kids warm.  This smells worse than stinky cheese.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

He slept in the van with the boys?  He would have had to let the van run all night, or turn it off and on every hour to keep the kids warm.  This smells worse than stinky cheese.

The whole camping story makes no sense.  And he forgot it was Monday and that's why he didn't call into his work?!  I highly doubt that.  I wonder what the 4 year old has told authorities.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »

This man's story must have to rank up with one of the worst, craziest story one can come up with 
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2009, 05:36:35 PM »

This man's story must have to rank up with one of the worst, craziest story one can come up with 

I rank as #1 worse story I have ever heard....how and how much rope is LE going to give this nut before he cracks...maybe LE is waiting on him to say where her body is so they want have to search...idk .....CRAZY

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2009, 05:36:47 PM »

By BROCK VERGAKIS and JENNIFER DOBNER (AP) – 3 hours ago

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CJ96M80

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2009, 05:48:33 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9024861&comments=true

Good blog site on the wet spot found on the floor of the home.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52:17 PM »

In my opinion ... Josh had not anticipated arriving home with his boys after disposing of his wife's body and ... finding that authorities were already involved.  Could he have blurted out the unbelieveable  explanation for his absense without first considering his words ... words he could not take back.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2009, 07:38:19 PM »

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=9029772

last person to see susan other than husband - dinner guest.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2009, 07:39:14 PM »

In my opinion ... Josh had not anticipated arriving home with his boys after disposing of his wife's body and ... finding that authorities were already involved.  Could he have blurted out the unbelieveable  explanation for his absense without first considering his words ... words he could not take back.

Janet

Excellent point Janet, he probably was surprised authorities were looking for them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.