April 20, 2024, 12:36:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353211 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #820 on: February 01, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »

Wouldn't some of the tests be done by now? At least you would think so 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #821 on: February 01, 2010, 05:36:55 PM »

There has been noticeable slowness in the forum this afternoon.  The tech guy suggested I move some of the MP High Profile if they weren't so high profile any longer as refreshing while in that area might be slowing things down (since that's where most everyone is).  So I've done that and moved some down to the regular MP area.  Let's see if it helps 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #822 on: February 01, 2010, 06:27:51 PM »

I love that kinda talk.   Monkey Devil!

Me too.   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #823 on: February 01, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »

I love that kinda talk.   Monkey Devil!

Me too.   Monkey Devil!

Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

Me Three

newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: February 02, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »

I joined the facebook forum, but you can only say things  the person running the site allows or your post will be deleted. You are not allowed to say anything against the husband Josh, or his family, you cannot speculate, you can only say things related to bringing home a live Susan. I understand hope, but these people have their heads in the sand. They do not want to hear facts. They do not want to hear truth. They have no objectivity. I feel as if they are creating a sense of falsehood, which is unhealthy. You cannot even hint that you would hire a PI, press LE etc. We all want a live Susan but facts and truth are leaning towards something else. I guess ignorance is bliss.

I am hoping LE is holding evidence close to their vest. We should know very soon what that stain was in the carpet.
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #825 on: February 02, 2010, 09:03:47 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700006396/Susan-Powells-parents-keep-hope-alive.html?linkTrack=rss-32
snipped from article:

"He's not helping," Chuck Cox said. "I mean, OK, if it's my wife and they want to know what I'm doing, I'll walk them through my day, tell them exactly where I was, whatever. If I do some crazy camping trip in the middle of the night, (I'd tell police), 'This is the road I took,' and I'll take them to where I am, I'll do whatever to get this over with and go on to the rest. He's not helping, and that's scary."

"I think (the police) investigation combined with his unwillingness to say anything, and what he is saying makes no sense at all … I think when you add those things up, if someone is pointing the finger at Josh, I think it's because he's pointing it at himself by his actions," Gifford said.

When asked if he believes Josh Powell had anything to do with Susan's disappearance, Chuck Cox simply points out that Josh was the last person to see her.

"I ask him if he knows where she is, he says, 'No,' " Chuck Cox said. "He needs to help. If he knows something, he needs to come out with it. I don't know if he does or doesn't."

I really feel for her parents, they are older and have health problems. This has been very taxing on them. I am so sorry for them. I think Chuck is starting to see Josh in a different light now.  The article mentions The Cox family had planned to hold a press conference Monday in Washington but postponed it at the last minute.

"For an investigative reason, we've been told to hold off."  I wonder what that is about?
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #826 on: February 02, 2010, 09:53:07 AM »

Pointing my finger directly at ... JOSH. 

Come on. What a "big man" he is to murder the mother of his children.

She gave birth to your children, Josh! At least give her the dignity of a proper burial.

Lousy, waste of space, coward. That's what he is.

This pisses me off if you couldn't tell.

I remember you, Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #827 on: February 02, 2010, 11:25:22 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9541537
Missing woman's family concerned over lack of contact with kids
February 1st, 2010 @ 4:43pm
By Andrew Adams
SALT LAKE CITY -- The family of Susan Powell says it has not seen the missing woman's children for nearly a month.

Family spokeswoman Shelby Gifford told KSL Newsradio Monday the last contact came Jan. 3, and Susan's parents have little information about the boys' well-being.

"There's tremendous concern," Gifford says. "They really want to take advantage of the fact that they're just down the street. Unfortunately, that just doesn't seem to be happening."

Gifford says the Cox family has reached out to Josh Powell a few times to try to see the children.

She says, "He has declined for reasons that we don't necessarily understand."

The family is hopeful something will change soon. Gifford says Josh's sister, Jennifer Graves, last saw the boys on Jan. 22.

The Cox family is also revealing more about why a family and friends Facebook page disappeared over late last week, then reappeared over the weekend.

Gifford says the family had received several messages from Susan Powell impostors before the page was taken down.

They had also received numerous threats. While most threats pertained to the page itself, Gifford says some alluded to knowledge of what the page's administrators were doing "at all times," and made them fear for their safety. Several of the threats were passed on to local law enforcement.

Josh Powell, has shunned the spotlight, telling police he doesn't know where she is. But his bizarre behavior, and hole-filled story of a camping trip at midnight Sunday, Dec. 6, with his two young sons in the west desert during a snowstorm has positioned him as law enforcement's sole person of interest.

Officers have searched the Powell home and interviewed dozens of neighbors, friends and family members, but have made no arrest.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: February 02, 2010, 12:37:25 PM »

Gifford says the Cox family has reached out to Josh Powell a few times to try to see the children.

She says, "He has declined for reasons that we don't necessarily understand."

Obviously, they are completely inept.
IF This family does not produce Susan then they are guilty of interference in a murder investigation and on purposely throwing LE off track.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: February 02, 2010, 12:48:40 PM »

Kiirsi Hellewell ?

Well who knows..

Either This person needs to produce Susan or Evidence of Susan alive or this person should be arrested by LE.

IF LE believed Susan was alive they would have never taken the van last weekend with a search warrant.
jmho
CarolynV
Scared Monkey

« Reply #830 on: February 02, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700006396/Susan-Powells-parents-keep-hope-alive.html

Crossing fingers...
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: February 03, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »

Were still waiting...

Susan's family deserves and answer.. Within hours.. Not Days, Weeks or Years.

This is a travesty.. What is worse it appears LDS Church members "lawyers" are behind hiding her husband from proper investigation. LE is having to tiptoe around.
He is now holding the children as shields and if he goes off the deep end he may even harm himself and them.

Who will pay the price for that ?

I am a Christian and I can't believe what I am watching.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #832 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:36 PM »

The LAW should be above the Church...period!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #833 on: February 03, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »

Were still waiting...

Susan's family deserves and answer.. Within hours.. Not Days, Weeks or Years.

This is a travesty.. What is worse it appears LDS Church members "lawyers" are behind hiding her husband from proper investigation. LE is having to tiptoe around.
He is now holding the children as shields and if he goes off the deep end he may even harm himself and them.

Who will pay the price for that ?

I am a Christian and I can't believe what I am watching.

I agree with you Edward.  LDS protection of Josh seems to be strong, but why?  Susan was much more involved with the Church and trying to bring Josh along.  Could it be that the patriarchal system overrides all else?   

I too can't believe what we are seeing.  That we should to crafts and paint our nails for Susan's return just about sent me over the cliff.   

Please family and friends  - open your eyes and see the truth! 

Chi-M

Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: February 03, 2010, 04:01:15 PM »

I should say this..

I do not know if the church is blocking LE or Not .. It appears to me like this is happening.
We do know Josh has an attorney.
We do know Susan is missing.
We do know some family friend appears to believe and has convinced family and friends Susan is alive and wants to be left alone ? I am not sure..
We do know Josh does not want Susan's family to see there grand children.
We do know The first story stinks..

That is all I suppose I know .. If any of that is true.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #835 on: February 05, 2010, 05:20:05 PM »

As the World Waits..

I pray her family finds answers.
chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: February 05, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »

After reading the comments section on an article in the Salt Lake City newspaper, I felt better about Susan's friends.  They said that groups are going searching every weekend and that a coordinator is charting where they have been and where to go next.    You can never be sure about "comments" but it sounded sincere.   

On the other hand, I do not know how to crochet finger puppets.  So disappointing.

http://www.newsrunner.com/display-article/?eUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc4.com%2Fcontent%2Fnews%2Fstate%2Fstory%2FWeek-of-service-for-Susan-Powell%2FR5h3NfSFikqjz122tFZ_kA.cspx%3Frss%3D1451&eSrc=ABC+-+KTVX+4&eTitle=Week+of+service+for+Susan+Powell

Susan's friends are asking people to bring an item to work on to donate.  They
suggest knitting a baby hat, crocheting finger puppets, quilting or sewing.
It kicks off with a party on Monday, February 8, at 7pm in the Hunter Library
meeting room, 4740 West 4100 South in West Valley City.
justiceforall
Scared Monkey

kinda scared of monkeys---yikes!

« Reply #837 on: February 05, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »

Hi monkeys,   

Do not speak often, but I have such admiration for the incredible strength, and grace shown by the Cox family.
Yes, keep her face out there no matter what it takes. My feeling is that LE is building a very strong case. Maybe not in the time we would like---but, getting it right is far better than a quick arrest. With the wet spots, evidence from van(s), home, etc. I think we will all be happy with the outcome of this. Have never seen anyone guiltier than JP....ever!

Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys    I agree with "getting it right is far better than a quick arrest".  I'm not sure I will be happy with the outcome though.  We'll just have to wait and see. 

Since you're new, I guess you didn't realize posters have been asked not to post in colors.  It's hard on some  monkey's eyes and causes confusion as mods and admin use colors to call attention to important notes.  I've edited this post to remove the purple color.  (Even though it's my fav color...)  Again, welcome and I look forward to seeing you around the forum.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:25:07 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

really am not one to quote until I found this:

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with
the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday you will have been all of these.   George Washington Carver
justiceforall
Scared Monkey

« Reply #838 on: February 06, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »

um, OK then...I think.  then why give option of colors?  hope I as asking this correctly?

the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday you will have been all of these.   George Washington Carver
justiceforall
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: February 06, 2010, 12:07:20 AM »

Hope I am asking this correctly......   is bold OK?  gosh, this is hard here.  Thank you for the welcome....?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.