April 18, 2024, 12:21:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353173 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #900 on: February 21, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »

Deputies call circumstances involving body found in Hobble Creek Canyon "suspicious"

SPRINGVILLE — Sheriff's deputies have confirmed that a dead body was found by hikers in Hobble Creek Canyon on Sunday.

The call came in to Utah County Sheriff's dispatchers about 4:10 p.m. that a body was found on the side of the road about 3 to 4 miles from the mouth of the canyon. Investigators are calling the circumstances "suspicious" but wouldn't disclose details.

Investigators have been trying to reach the body by snowmobile or hiking for removal. Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said the age and gender of the body is not being released yet.

When asked whether the body could be that of Susan Powell the missing West Valley City mother of two. Cannon would only say that if that is determined, they would contact authorities in West Valley.

More information will be posted on deseretnews.com as it becomes available.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700011086/Body-found-in-Hobble-Creek-Canyon.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #901 on: February 21, 2010, 10:10:25 PM »

Hi everybody - Just a note: The body found near Hobblecreek Canyon this afternoon is NOT Susan per WVCPD. Thanks for your care and concern. Please pray for the family of the person found...
about an hour ago · Comment · Like · View Feedback (13)Hide Feedback (13) · Report
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=198478842187

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #902 on: February 21, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »

Now how would the WVCPD know this already? 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: February 21, 2010, 10:19:39 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:45:29 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #904 on: February 21, 2010, 10:21:41 PM »

Last Update: 8:02 pm

SPRINGVILLE, Utah (ABC 4 News) - A body has been found in Hobblecreek Canyon Sunday afternoon.

The body was found about five minutes from the main road in the Right Hand Fork area of the canyon.

Officials are calling it suspicious at this time.

Hikers called in the find Sunday afternoon.

Not much is known yet about how the body got there or even the gender.

The Utah County Sheriff's Office said Sunday evening that they could not release the identity until family members have been notified.  But updates on gender and info later in the evening.

A base camp has been set up at the Jolley's Ranch Campground just north of the Hobblecreek Golf Course

Stay tuned to ABC 4 News and abc4.com for updates on this story.
http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/story/UPDATE-Body-found-in-Hobblecreek-Canyon/yWBRkykOsEaHOMH406ex3g.cspx

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: February 21, 2010, 10:32:57 PM »

thanks for the updates
and since they made a base camp,that makes it
seem they have not removed the body yet, prob
still checking site for evidence maybe

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #906 on: February 21, 2010, 10:55:34 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys!

I haven't been in this thread since last week. Does anyone know if this is in the area that Josh  supposedly said they went camping?

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: February 21, 2010, 11:02:05 PM »

I don't think he ever did say exactly where.

Deputies say female body found in Hobble Creek Canyon unlikely that of Susan Powell

SPRINGVILLE — Sheriff's deputies have confirmed that the body of a 25- to 35-year-old woman was found by hikers in Hobble Creek Canyon on Sunday.

The call came in to Utah County Sheriff's dispatchers about 4:10 p.m. that a body was found on the side of the road about 3 to 4 miles from the mouth of the canyon. Investigators are calling the circumstances "suspicious" but wouldn't disclose details.

Investigators have been trying to reach the body by snowmobile or hiking for removal.

When asked whether the body could be that of Susan Powell the missing West Valley City mother of two, Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said they're pretty certain the body is not that of Powell, who has been gone for more than two months.

"It's not connected to any missing person cases that we know about at this time," he said.

More information will be posted on deseretnews.com as it becomes available.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700011086/Deputies-say-female-body-found-in-Hobble-Creek-Canyon-unlikely-that-of-Susan-Powell.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: February 21, 2010, 11:12:51 PM »

Thanks for the update Nut.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #909 on: February 22, 2010, 08:33:19 AM »

This says the woman wore 2 hearing aids...  no copy/paste allowed
http://heraldextra.com/news/local/article_aadc4ad9-fbc6-5d22-be92-49750be0d83f.html

and the search for Susan continues.... come on Josh, where's your wife?? Sooner or later she will be found...then what will you do? Tick tock tick tock....spring is a comin' and the snow is a meltin'

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: February 22, 2010, 08:40:08 AM »

Thanks for the updates Nut.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: February 22, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »

This says the woman wore 2 hearing aids...  no copy/paste allowed
http://heraldextra.com/news/local/article_aadc4ad9-fbc6-5d22-be92-49750be0d83f.html

and the search for Susan continues.... come on Josh, where's your wife?? Sooner or later she will be found...then what will you do? Tick tock tick tock....spring is a comin' and the snow is a meltin'

A woman's body was found near Jolley's Ranch in Hobble Creek Canyon Sunday on county land, according to the Utah County Sheriff's Office.

The woman is between the ages of 25 and 35, and her death was not accidental, Utah County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Spencer Cannon said.

Officers don't know who the woman is, and they're asking for help identifying her. The woman wore two hearing aids. Anyone who may know the woman is asked to call the Utah County Sheriff's Office at (801) 375-3601.

The woman's body was discovered just after 4 p.m., Cannon said, when recreators in the area discovered it.

Cannon said the body's location was on unincorporated county land, though he was not sure whether it was on public or private property. The area was off-road, not accessible by vehicle, and would take "several minutes to access it by hiking or snowshoeing," he said.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #912 on: February 22, 2010, 09:28:25 AM »

Thank-you for all the updates.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: February 22, 2010, 10:11:11 AM »

thanks for all the updates.

So where is Susan?

I can't imagine there be no missing persons info on a young woman who wore 2 hearing aids???

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: February 22, 2010, 10:16:52 AM »

How many 25 year old girls are missing in Utah ?

A 25 year old with 2 hearing aids should be easy to identify as she would be considered handicapped under the law.
any school should have record of such a student.

Very disturbing indeed..

Also I did search for info on another missing girl Madaline Baker listed as missing at 17 years old.. LITTLE OR NO INFO
No Web Site other then the national data base and No family looking for her in news reports.. Very Strange indeed since she went missing in late of 2009.

Lots of people missing in a little state of mostly wilderness.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #915 on: February 22, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

Police identify body found in Hobble Creek Canyon

Daily Herald | Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 12:45 am | No Comments Posted

SPRINGVILLE -- Police have identified the body found Sunday in Hobble Creek Canyon as Amy Candland, and have arrested her nephew in her death.

Damien Allister Candland, 22, of Provo was arrested on a charge of aggravated murder and booked into the Utah County Jail. Amy Candland was 41 and lived in Provo.

The woman's body was discovered just after 4 p.m. on Sunday near Jolley's Ranch in Hobble Creek Canyon by a female snowshoer, according to Utah County Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Spencer Cannon.

Jurisdiction in the case has been turned over to the Provo Police Department.

According to court records, Damien Candland has an assault charge pending in 4th District Court. He is scheduled for a preliminary hearing in that case on March 1. He also is on probation for theft and possession or use of a controlled substance, charges to which he pleaded guilty in May 2009.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: February 22, 2010, 03:03:49 PM »

when did Amy go missing? how did they know that it was the nephew this soon after finding the body?

RIP Amy....

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #917 on: February 22, 2010, 03:05:27 PM »

when did Amy go missing? how did they know that it was the nephew this soon after finding the body?

RIP Amy....
I wondered the same thing Cook - esp when they said they did not feel it was related to a missing person....someone had to know she was missing....didn't they?  And to make an arrest this quick?

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #918 on: February 22, 2010, 03:17:40 PM »

RIP Amy....
I wondered the same thing Cook - esp when they said they did not feel it was related to a missing person....someone had to know she was missing....didn't they?  And to make an arrest this quick?
I wondered also, what a shame 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: February 22, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »

RIP Amy....
I wondered also, what a shame 

This is all very strange. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.