March 28, 2024, 10:39:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 352709 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #920 on: February 22, 2010, 04:08:17 PM »

Thanks for the update!

NOW..... Josh....where is Susan??

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #921 on: February 22, 2010, 11:51:55 PM »

This says the woman wore 2 hearing aids...  no copy/paste allowed
http://heraldextra.com/news/local/article_aadc4ad9-fbc6-5d22-be92-49750be0d83f.html

and the search for Susan continues.... come on Josh, where's your wife?? Sooner or later she will be found...then what will you do? Tick tock tick tock....spring is a comin' and the snow is a meltin'

Nut- Your post reminded me of some Forensic Science material I went over today. 

Snow and it's subsequent cold temps can actually preserve evidence.  Did you also know that everywhere you go, you leave evidence particles?  All kinds of particles (fibers, soil, hair, dead skin cells,etc.) are left behind with every contact.  Even the acts of attempting to erase evidence and cleaning up leave their own distinct particles...particles to small to be seen, much less cleaned up or picked up...and the Forensic Science team has been training for years to find them...it's their passion, their gift.  We spent time today practicing collecting particles, labeling them, and learning about the chain of custody.   Very Happy

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #922 on: February 26, 2010, 09:22:21 AM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/85455257.html

Neighbors to Josh Powell: Your wife is still missing
By Lindsay Cohen
Story Published: Feb 25, 2010 at 11:10 PM PST

PUYALLUP, Wash. -- Josh Powell has had few words to say since his wife disappeared from their Utah home.

He has since moved to his and his wife's home town of Puyallup with his two sons.

The mysterious disappearance of Susan Powell has yet to be solved, and Josh Powell's new neighbors don't want him to forget that. So they're posting flyers all over the place their gated community.

The woman who began the campaign didn't even know Susan Powell, but was too moved by her story not to act.

Josh Powell's decision to move to Puyallup has been puzzling, at best, for his new neighbors.

"I do not understand how he can pick up and move almost act as if nothing happened," said neighbor Colleen Russell.

Josh Powell is the only person of interest in his wife's disappearance.
Susan Powell has been missing since Dec. 6 when Josh Powell took his sons camping in below-freezing temperatures to a site near their home in Salt Lake City.

He has since moved his life, but his new neighbors have posted flyers and purple ribbons on his lamp posts as a reminder of his missing wife.

"Just to make him aware that we're going to be visible and that it's not right to move away and forget," Russell said. "I don't feel as a neighbor so much that there's a danger to me, but I do feel that he needs to still have it in the forefront."

Josh Powell's family did not want to comment on the neighbors' campaign.

Anyone with information on the case is urged to contact police immediately.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #923 on: February 26, 2010, 09:25:19 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:46:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: February 26, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »

OK ..So Joshua's father has raised a sociopath child who has most likely murdered his wife.
He has justified his son's behavior and shows us how he developed his son over time.
Where does Joshua's father suppose his daughter in law is located these days ?
What a group..

Purple ribbons..

Absolutely absurd and ridicules.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #925 on: February 26, 2010, 05:16:50 PM »

Has the snow melted enough to send out search parties or are they still looking for her on facebook?  Have they posted photos of Josh's vehicle and the rental car and HIS photo on those facebook pages?? Doubtful.

It is ridiculous Edward.....truly outrageous.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: February 26, 2010, 07:19:12 PM »

Has the snow melted enough to send out search parties

soon guys, soon i think people will be out and about

next 10 days
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USUT0225

feb
http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USUT0225

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #927 on: February 28, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »

http://www.komonews.com/news/85744947.html

Tensions rise as 'missing mom' fliers torn down
By Shomari Stone
Story Published: Feb 27, 2010 at 6:40 PM PST
PUYALLUP, Wash. - Tensions are rising in the search for missing Puyallup native Susan Powell, who disappeared after dark Dec. 6 under mysterious circumstances.

Volunteers are frustrated after the fliers they posted about Susan in her husband's neighborhood were torn down.

Now the president of the Country Hollow Homeowners' Association has made them take down the rest of the fliers, which are designed to raise awareness about Susan's disappearance.

"The regulations of the community do not allow any posting of signs on community property," he told the volunteers. "As the president of the association, I have to tell you."
Colleen Russell and her friends taped the signs to light poles and put up purple ribbons on trees in the gated community where they live.

"I don't think the homeowners' association understands that that was Susan's favorite color," Russell says. "We're not accusing anything - we just want to find Susan and bring her home."
Susan Powell's husband Josh moved to Country Hollow with their two sons from Salt Lake City, where she vanished. He is considered a person of interest in the case.

Investigators say Josh told them he took his kids camping in subfreezing temperatures around midnight on Dec. 6, and that his wife was missing when he returned the next day.

Susan and Josh are both from the Puyallup area and Susan's in-laws live there.
The volunteers feel defeated, and they wonder why Josh Powell isn't asking the homeowners' association to make an exception to the rule, since it is his wife and she's missing.
KOMO News tried to interview Josh Powell about it, but no one would answer the door at the house where he is staying. A man's voice inside said Josh was not available.

Susan Powell's father, Chuck Cox, is disappointed the fliers have to come down.

"I still have hope, and I can't deny it's been almost three months. And the likelihood now is if she is not being captive somewhere then she is no longer with us," he said.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #928 on: February 28, 2010, 01:51:27 PM »

Volunteers are frustrated after the fliers they posted about Susan in her husband's neighborhood were torn down.    Not trying to be rude, but what good are these fliers in her husband's neighborhood going to do? I'm sure she is nowhere near there. And what on earth is taking so long with the evidence the police have collected?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: February 28, 2010, 03:53:27 PM »

There does appear to be a problem with common sense thinking in everyone associated to this case.

I would have taken the kids away first thing and threw his butt in the clink and CALLED his suspect until the cows came home.

Being a Spineless jellyfish will get you anywhere..
and that is where they are NOW.

Like Dr.Phil says, How is that working for ya ? 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: February 28, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »

Sickening.......to say the least 

Pathetic.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #931 on: February 28, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »

Deseret Morning News (Salt Lake City) 
February 28, 2010 Sunday 

Josh Powell apparently starts Web site for finding Susan Powell

WEST VALLEY CITY ? Almost three months after a West Valley City woman went missing, a new Web site has been launched, apparently by her husband, in an attempt to find her. The site is susanpowell.org, not to be confused with www.susancoxpowellfoundation.org, which is the site for a foundation established earlier this month by missing Susan Cox Powell's parents to fight domestic violence and provide strategic media consulting to families of missing persons.

Days after Susan Powell went missing, the Cox family and Susan Powell's friends started a Facebook page called "Friends and Family of Susan Powell," which had nearly 46,000 members as of Saturday, as a clearinghouse of information. As for susanpowell.org, Susan Powell's husband, Josh Powell, purchased the domain name in 2006, said Shelby Gifford, spokeswoman for the Cox family. "As far as who put up the Web site, I have no information on that," Gifford said. "It is not the Cox family." The susanpowell.org home page prominently features a picture of Susan, Josh and their two children before a campfire in the snow. They are apparently winter camping ? the same activity Josh Powell says he was doing with his two young children on the night she went missing, a story that the police cannot collaborate. The site also includes a section about Josh Powell, with a picture of him with the kids and description of all the activities he enjoys doing by himself or with his wife and kids, such as photography, music and woodwork. The section asks viewers to pray for him, Susan, the children and the Cox family. Josh Powell, who police have labeled a "person of interest" in his wife's disappearance, was apparently the last person to see her, sometime after midnight on Dec. 7. The Web site says it is "the official site for information" about the missing woman, and "the only source of new photos, videos and even Susan's own words." The site also promises more photos, videos and information about her. The photos currently posted on the site contain watermarks, which makes printing them for use in newspapers, television, on the Web or on fliers difficult. "Some of the information (is) humorous," the site says. "Some is educational. Most of all, we would like this site to be uplifting." The rest of the site praises Susan as a "beautiful woman," "loving mother and wife" and "an inspiration." Police call Susan's disappearance suspicious, since she left her purse and cell phone at home. Friends and family of the broker for Wells Fargo Financial say she never would have left her children. Susan Powell's family and her friends say their marriage was troubled. Friends said she talked openly at church about marital problems and divorce. Some even gave police e-mails Susan had written with details of a troubled marriage. Police have complained that Josh Powell hasn't been cooperative in the investigation. In early January, he packed up the belongings in the West Valley house, 6254 W. Sarah Circle, and returned with his children to Puyallup, Wash., to live in his parents' home. The Tacoma-area city is where the couple met and first lived. The new Web site says that the children need to be protected from the media and public, but said they "are happy and well adjusted in their new home. They are now living with their father and extended family. They receive love and hugs frequently throughout each day. They regularly play with their friends. And they get lots of personal attention to their education and other needs." The site, which does not list any contacts except West Valley police, asks those who have information about Susan's whereabouts to contact detectives. It also asks for prayers on behalf of Susan, Josh and their children.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020825&docId=l:1135281196&start=1

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: February 28, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »

not sure kinda weird

New memorial website for Susan Cox Powell said to be 'creepy', thought to be set up by her husband

February 27, 2010 - A new website, www.susanpowell.org, has many people confused and asking questions.

There is chatter on the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook page about the new website. The general consensus seems to be that the fire in the photo may have been added to the picture.

Some believe the picture is distasteful given the circumstances surrounding Susan's disappearance and Josh Powell, Susan's husband's, largely disbelieved story that he took his kids camping in the middle of the night during a Utah snowstorm the night she disappeared.

Readers shared their opinions:

Fonda Sue Truelove wrote, "Someone photo shot the campfire into the pic."

Linda Blair said, "Scary picture...is he trying to prove they go camping in the snow???? It looks photo shopped … added to the picture … I think I've seen this picture without the fire before …"

"That picture is just creepy considering what we know," said Anne White. "How distasteful that he would choose that shot - but typical

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m2d27-New-memorial-website-for-Susan-Cox-Powell-said-to-be-creepy-thought-to-be-set-up-by-her-husband

web site
http://www.susanpowell.org/Pages/Default.aspx

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: February 28, 2010, 05:18:32 PM »

WTH with that picture 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #934 on: February 28, 2010, 05:32:39 PM »

a new campaign, now no photos on the flyers

Susan Cox Powell: 'Where have all the ribbons gone, again?' Josh says fliers upset the kids

February 27, 2010 - This isn't the first time ribbons and fliers put up as a reminder that Susan Cox Powell remains missing have been taken down. Earlier this month Susan's house was decorated in her honor, then one night, the decorations disappeared. (Read more).

And now supporters of Susan Powell canvassed her husband's new Puyallup neighborhood putting up ribbons and fliers only to watch them be taken down Friday.

Josh Powell, Susan's husband, moved his two young sons from their family home in Utah just weeks after his went missing to live with his father, Steven Powell aka Steven Chantrey, in Puyallup, Wash.

Some of Josh's new Puyallup neighbors recently learned of Susan's disappearance and wanted to help. They canvassed the neighborhood, going door-to-door getting permission to put fliers and posters on neighbor's trees or front porches.

Fliers and ribbons were also placed on mailboxes, light posts, and posts at the entrances.

Almost as fast as they went up many of the fliers and ribbons were taken down.

Colleen Russell, one of the neighbors involved in putting up the fliers and ribbons received a text message from a concerned neighbor in the community Friday afternoon stating that the ribbons and fliers were being removed from Country Hollow.

When she arrived home she saw they had been removed from the east side of the street on Country Hollow, the street where Josh lives with his two boys, father, two brothers, and younger sister.

Fliers and ribbons were also missing from mailboxes, light posts, and posts at the neighborhood entrances.

The fliers and ribbons were allegedly removed because Steven Powell, Josh's father, complained to the Homeowner's Association, saying they were disturbing Josh's two young children.

The question is why were the ribbons removed when it was the pictures that were reportedly disturbing the children?

In a phone interview with Colleen Russell Friday she said, "We'll be back out canvassing the neighborhood Saturday morning, asking for neighbor's support in hanging a purple ribbon on their tree or porch in support of Susan Powell. This should not be an upsetting site to the children since it will not contain photos of Susan."
On the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook wall, Danielle Dorr Hill said, "We will be distributing more purple ribbons around the neighborhood of Silver Creek. If anyone would like one, please send me your address so we can make sure you have one for your tree since we can't put them anywhere else."

There has been an ongoing debate about the use of purple ribbons in the Susan Powell missing person's case, implying they were originally used to portray Susan as a domestic violence victim.

While purple ribbons have been used to raise awareness about victims of domestic violence, they have also been used to raise awareness about over a dozen medical conditions, animal abuse, foster care, religious tolerance, homelessness, and more.

The color purple was originally chosen in Susan's case because it is one of Susan's favorite colors.

Now, not only are the purple ribbons appropriate because they are Susan's favorite color, but because they symbolize what many did not first realize - Susan was a victim of domestic abuse:

"We can say without reservation," Shelby Gifford, spokesperson for Susan's family said, "that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse in her own home."

The Salt Lake Tribune published an article that included a new website created by Josh Powell. The article generated much public comment, including these few:

"The comments by Steve P. make me furious. The fliers upset the kids?!?! Why not use this as an opportunity to LET those poor kids TALK about their MOTHER! Why not put your arm around Charlie and say "Charlie, your mommy's pictures are on these papers because all these nice people are trying to find her. Isn't that wonderful?" But no--the kids most likely aren't being allowed to talk about her at all, so rip the fliers down and get rid of them, just like they're removing all presence of Susan in those poor boys' lives."

"Thank you thank you thank you to everyone that had a hand in putting those flyers up all over in Puyallup (SP). It brings rightful attention to the Powells and reminds Josh that he can't run away."

"Colleen Russell is a hero … You can take the signs down, but you can't erase the care for Susan or the distaste for your incredibly inhumane reactions."

"Josh and this father could have handled the flyer situation like this: Explain to them that everyone wants to find mommy, and people who don't even know her care about her. If Josh were not guilty of 'something' he would not be bothered by missing person posters, he would be embracing them."

"Why not put your arm around Charlie and say, Charlie, your mommy's pictures are on these papers because all these nice people are trying to find her. Isn't that wonderful? Exactly KBH. The kids know their mom is missing and should be comforted to learn they are not alone in wanting to find her. Why is that so hard?"

Click here to read more comments.

Susan Cox Powell, 28, was reported missing Dec. 7, 2009. The last person to see her was her husband, Joshua "Josh" Powell. Josh is the only person of interest in the case of his wife's disappearance. Shelby Gifford, spokeswoman for Susan's family, said police call this a missing person's case with suspicious criminal overtones.

Friends, family, the public at large, and police are frustrated at Josh's lack of cooperation with police. Josh is now living about 900 miles from the home where he and his wife raised their two young sons.
http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m2d27-Susan-Cox-Powell-Where-have-all-the-ribbons-gone-again-Josh-says-fliers-upset-the-kids

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: February 28, 2010, 05:50:15 PM »

i think the coxs are getting upset finally

Susan Cox Powell Press Conference: Josh's control over Susan, there were clues (Full video)
February 15, 2:32 PMSeattle Headlines ExaminerIsabelle Zehnder

February 15, 2010 - (Click here for full video of press conference, see notes below for viewing the video.) The family of Susan Cox Powell, who was reported missing Dec. 7, 2009, held a press conference Monday afternoon in Puyallup, Wash. The family discussed several issues, including that Josh Powell, Susan's husband and only person of interest in the case, showed controlling behaviors toward Susan.

Of primary concern was Josh's control of Susan's day-to-day activities. For example, Gifford said, not giving Susan the keys to her car. She had to check them in and out with Josh.

Josh changed Susan's PIN number so she could not access her checking account. Her father helped remedy this by helping her open a new account. The family is not aware if Josh took control of that account.

Susan, Gifford said, was an exceptional mother and her boys were everything to her. She was great at parenting the kids. She was consistent, considerate, and loving.

Josh undermined her efforts as a mom. Gifford cited a first-hand account when Susan was trying to put the boys to bed one night. Josh would take them out of bed and tell the boys how mean their mommy was. She was frustrated and it was not something she took lightly.

When asked if the family had some of the pieces, did they encourage Susan to leave? Gifford said Susan's concern was not with her own physical safety but rather that Josh would take the children away from her. He repeatedly threatened her with that and she believed, due to his family history, that he could do it and would do it.

The family understands that domestic violence progresses through physical violence, sexual violence, and even death. Gifford said domestic violence typically starts gradually and escalates. Susan and Josh had some of those dynamics in their relationship.

Aside from his controlling behaviors mentioned above, there was an incident where abuse from Josh toward Susan became physical, according to a family member Susan confided in.

Susan also confided in family members that she had plans to leave Josh in April of this year, after their wedding anniversary. They do not believe Josh was aware of this.

From Susan's perspective it was if I have to divorce him what should I do? None of the family members or friends had enough of the pieces to believe she was at risk. Susan was protective of her parents and didn't share everything with them.

video
http://www.kirotv.com/video/22580702/index.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: February 28, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »

WTH with that picture 

That photo was obviously posted by Josh to SHOW the public that he and his family did go camping at night , in winter. I can't wait to see this waste of oxygen get hauled in/arrested for her murder....well....IF he ever does.
He makes me puke.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: February 28, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »

Disgusting.   

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: February 28, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

WTH with that picture 

That photo was obviously posted by Josh to SHOW the public that he and his family did go camping at night , in winter. I can't wait to see this waste of oxygen get hauled in/arrested for her murder....well....IF he ever does.
He makes me puke.
Me too, he is just vile 
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: February 28, 2010, 11:18:19 PM »

Logging in late to say it seems odd that Josh's cheeks and the boys' cheeks appear to be red in the pick, but Susan's clearly are not.  Why?  If it was that cold, they'd all be rosy-cheeked.  I also find it odd that Susan is looking at the camera straight on and the oldest son is looking to something to the right of the camera.  Why is he not looking at the seemingly roaring, crackling, fire right in front of him?  I'm wondering if Susan and the toddler are photoshopped in, as well as the fire.  JMO

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.