April 18, 2024, 05:34:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353178 times)
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #940 on: March 01, 2010, 06:45:43 AM »

I would like to know who took the picture. 

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: March 01, 2010, 09:10:25 AM »

Logging in late to say it seems odd that Josh's cheeks and the boys' cheeks appear to be red in the pick, but Susan's clearly are not.  Why?  If it was that cold, they'd all be rosy-cheeked.  I also find it odd that Susan is looking at the camera straight on and the oldest son is looking to something to the right of the camera.  Why is he not looking at the seemingly roaring, crackling, fire right in front of him?  I'm wondering if Susan and the toddler are photoshopped in, as well as the fire.  JMO

a couple of things i see

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: March 01, 2010, 11:46:50 AM »

WTH with that picture 

http://www.susanpowell.org/Pages/Default.aspx
That photo was obviously posted by Josh to SHOW the public that he and his family did go camping at night , in winter. I can't wait to see this waste of oxygen get hauled in/arrested for her murder....well....IF he ever does.
He makes me puke.
Me too, he is just vile 

The picture of Susan further down the page is not a good picture of her...she is looking away to the side   Susan is a beautiful lady and I have seen some great pictures of her...but this picture is not good...wonder why Josh picked this picture?

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #943 on: March 02, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »

someone added a new pg, its sickening

http://www.susanpowell.org/Pages/Susan_Powell/SusanCosmetologist.aspx
Susan Loves Hairstyling and Makeup

One of Susan's favorite hobbies is hairstyling and makeup. She is one of the best around when it comes to making people look good. She can produce any look or style desired. She can even do her own hair and frequently does.

Susan attended Gene Juarez Academy in Washington state. With scholarships and support from her parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, her full tuition was paid. Susan truly achieved excellence. She is capable of recreating just about any hair style imaginable for both men and women.

Like many cosmotologists, Susan loves to change her hair frequently. It is wonderful to see her passion and creativity manifest through her own hair and makeup. Most of her creative energy has been shared through her hobby and unofficial home based business.

Although licensed in Washington state, Utah did not recognize Susan's cosmotology license. She is currently about 200 education hours short of achieving her license in Utah. Utah requires 2,000 hours total. Therefore, her home based business was never advertised and she never officially accepted payment for services. Many people would offer tips and they would usually reimburse her for products they used.

Susan never held back when it came to purchases at the beauty supply. Of course, Josh has always been happy to support Susan's efforts in any way he could. Josh suggested that she turn it into a real business and he offered to teach her accounting basics. Josh is a Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor and has a degree in Business Administration.

Josh and Susan had been making plans to open a home based salon for Susan. They were going to cut an exterior door for an entrance into the basement. They started the project several years ago, when they obtained a building permit.

During most of 2009, Josh was working on construction projects around the home and with the children. Josh planned to continue working until Susan's salon and the basement were finished. Susan already had her stylist's chair. And as an expert woodworker, Josh was also working with Susan on plans to build a classy styling station for Susan - a station complete with lights, plumbing, and all the features a cosmotologist would want.

Most of these plans have been put on hold for the time being.

seems to put josh in a good lite, sounds like a rebuttal, to the coxs
news conf
http://www.kirotv.com/video/22580702/index.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: March 02, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »

License Information:
Name: POWELL, SUSAN M 
License Type: Operator
License Number: 13881
License Status: Active
First Issued Date: Jun 25 2001 
License Issued: Jun 6 2009 
Expiration Date: Jun 25 2011 

Address:
WEST VALLEY UT 84128-7069

Endorsements on this license:   Endorsement Status     
Cosmetologist   Active     

Information Current as of 03/01/2010 3:07AM Pacific Time

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/lqsLicenseDetail.aspx?SessID=14156&RefID=156046

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/lqsSearchResults.aspx?SessID=14156

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: March 02, 2010, 08:23:08 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d1-Susan-Cox-Powell-Victim-of-domestic-abuse-experts-say-controlling-behavior-a-red-flag
 Susan Cox Powell: Victim of domestic abuse, experts say controlling behavior a red flag (Video)
March 1, 7:04 PM
March 1, 2010 - After Susan Cox Powell went missing friends and family began sharing information with police and among themselves. Over time the pieces of the puzzle began coming together and they have concluded that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse.

Shelby Gifford, spokeswoman for Susan Cox Powell's family, said, "The family now knows without reservation that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse in her own home." They also say her husband, Josh Powell, was controlling.

Susan has been missing since Dec. 6, her husband was the last person to see her.

Friends and family have converged and learned that Josh and Susan's relationship was deeply troubled.
While in relationships it 'takes two to tango' there are times when a person is a victim of abuse, be it physical or emotional. It is apparent, given what those closest to Susan are now saying, that Susan was the victim of abuse by a controlling and abusive husband.

Shelby Gifford, spokeswoman for Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, said during the family's Feb. 15 press conference that Josh was verbally, emotionally, and even physically abusive to Susan.

Gifford said, "We can say without a reservation that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse in her own home."

It has been discovered that Josh controlled the finances even though it was Susan who brought in the bulk of the money. Susan's friends and family say that Josh did not even allow her to buy the groceries she needed for her boys, and complained when she bought them shoes.

They say he sold Susan's car against her wishes, leaving her dependent upon him. He undermined her as a parent.
Josh tells Susan to "Shut up!"

Debbie Caldwell provided child care for Josh and Susan Powell's two boys, Charlie, then 4, and Braden, then 2, three days per week for about a year and a half before Susan went missing in early December. She and Susan were also close friends.

Caldwell remembers a time when Josh and Susan came to pick their children up from daycare. Caldwell and her husband engaged in a conversation with the Powell's. When Susan tried to join in the conversation Josh abruptly told her, "Susan, shut up!"

"That incident," Caldwell said, "has stood out profoundly in my mind as well as my husband's mind."

"I didn't see Susan do anything to provoke Josh to tell her to 'shut up'," Caldwell said. "I do not believe Susan deserved this type of treatment."

Josh's control of the money

Josh was extremely controlling when it came to money. He restricted the amount of groceries Susan bought for her boys and, while friends and family once believed Susan labored in her garden because she loved gardening, they have since learned she was forced to garden to provide healthy and nutritious foods for her growing children.
Jennifer Graves, Susan's sister-in-law, said, "She had to really fight to buy groceries for her kids."

"I remember one time," Jennifer said, "when Josh made her feel guilty for buying a pair of shoes for one of the boys when he outgrew them."

"There was another time," she said, "When Josh borrowed money from Chuck [Chuck Cox is Susan's father] and he refused to repay it, and he refused to let Susan repay her own parents money they borrowed years ago."

Jennifer said when Susan bought anything for herself, "He would get angry whenever Susan tried to purchase non-essential items for herself like clothes and makeup."

During the Feb. 15 press conference,Gifford said that Josh changed PIN numbers so Susan could not access her own bank accounts.

"There was at least one time," Jennifer said, "when things got physical in their relationship."

Examiner.com spoke with two legal experts, Attorney and Legal Analyst, Anne Bremner, and Family Law Attorney, Juliana Wong, of Stafford Frey Cooper for their expert opinion.

"Many of the clients that we represent may not suffer from physical violence, but more often than not," Bremner and Wong conferred, "will be victims of mental violence. A successful perpetuation of the abuse is through financial restraints and limitations."

"For obvious reasons," they said, "by taking away the funds from the victim, the victim is left without the necessary funds to support themselves or the children and is completely reliant on the perpetrator. This is the most effective way of controlling a person."
Josh undermines Susan's parenting

"Josh undermined Susan often when it came to parenting the boys," Caldwell said. "She would work hard to get them to sleep and he'd get them back up saying mommy was mean. When Susan tried taking her sons to church, he would try to bribe them to stay home with him, offering them things like cake."

Caldwell remembers a time when she went to Susan's house, just days before she went missing, to have her hair dyed and cut.

Caldwell brought pizza for the family dinner.

Josh refused to help Susan with the boys. The kids began to act up because they were tired. Susan finally put them to bed and went into the bedroom to talk with Josh.

Susan was very frustrated, Caldwell said. Josh disrespected Susan's wishes for the boys to go to bed and got them back up, saying they needed a story.

Caldwell remembered an incident when Susan left to go to work on her bike. Josh decided the boys were too sick to go to daycare that day. So instead of putting them in the van to go find their mother, he left them at home alone. He chased Susan down, Caldwell said.

By the time they arrived back at the house the two boys were screaming and "freaked out", she said. Braden was only about 1 1/2 years old at the time and Charlie was about 3 1/2. To her knowledge he never did that again.
"There were times when Josh tried to micro-manage my daycare business," Caldwell said, "He tried to find loopholes in rules set up by the government food program. And he was not considerate when it came time to pick the boys up from daycare "

Selling Susan's car against her wishes

Examiner.com learned from those closest to Susan that selling Susan's car was Josh's idea. Susan was not happy about it but finally relented. Josh claimed they didn't need a second car and it was too expensive to keep up two cars. Was it another form of control?

Gifford said during the Feb. 15 press conference that Josh held the only set of keys to the family mini-van.

Susan ended up having to bike it to work. According to friends and family, she had a regular bike, nothing special.

Caldwell said, "Susan rode seven miles to and from work on a very busy road twice each work day for about two months. The ride took her about 45 minutes each way."

Caldwell, Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan's best friend, and others tried to convince Susan it was too dangerous but she told them it would be okay, she could use the exercise.

They told Examiner.com that they discussed their concerns with Josh and he finally agreed he'd ride his bike and Susan could take the van.

That lasted a week, they said, after Josh went out and spent $1,500 on a motor for his regular bicycle. All while he claimed there wasn't enough money for food and incidentals. His ride to work was five miles.
When riding his bike didn't work out for Josh he turned to his friend, John Hellewell, and asked if they could carpool together.

Kiirsi Hellewell , Susan's best friend, said , "John was the one who drove. The carpool lasted only about a week because Josh expected John to pick him up, drop the kids off at daycare, drop Josh off to work, pick him up from work, and pick the kids up from daycare. On most days John had to leave home earlier and get home later, so John decided to stop the carpool arrangement."

For the remainder of the time before Susan went missing Josh drove Susan to work and picked her up. Caldwell remembers six or seven times when he failed to pick Susan up and failed to call. Caldwell would have to pack the kids up into the car to pick Susan up.

If Susan wanted the van on the days she had off, she had to drive Josh to and from work.

On one occasion Caldwell let Susan borrow her car so she could go to the local LDS temple. She said Josh became angry.
The couple seeks marriage counseling

Susan confided in Caldwell, telling her that Josh continually told her she was crazy. Susan was so distraught by what Josh said that she told Debbie she went to a therapist to be analyzed and was told she was not crazy.

Caldwell suggested they try marriage counseling. She told Susan to ask their Bishop, who ultimately signed the couple up for counseling.

Caldwell said Susan confided in her, telling her that Josh became angry during counseling sessions and that the counselor called him on it once.

Susan told Caldwell Josh accused her of discussing their marital problems with her mom.

The last time Susan talked about these things with Caldwell was when Caldwell visited the Powell home three days before Susan disappeared.

Susan said the therapist was having the couple set goals. Josh's goal for Susan, Caldwell said, was that she stop confiding in friends and family about their marital problems. Susan's goal for Josh was that he work on his behavior.

Susan told Caldwell Josh's behavior would change when he talked with his father and brother on the phone. Susan said he would get angry and mean.

Susan's father, Chuck Cox, told Dr. Phil Tuesday, "I know Josh and Susan had their arguments. It seemed like it was reasonably fair between the two of them. We never saw any hint of violence."

Shelby Gifford, spokesperson for the Cox family, said Susan kept many hurtful things from her parents in an effort to protect them. 
Susan Powell, 28, was reported missing Dec. 7 from her West Valley City, Utah home, her husband, Josh Powell, was the last person to see her and is the only person of interest in what police are calling a missing person's case with suspicious criminal overtones.

Official Susan Cox Powell websites:
Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook
Susan Cox Powell Foundation *

* This is the only official site accepting donations for the Susan Cox Powell Foundation. Beware of sites that claim to be "official" Susan Powell websites.

Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #946 on: March 02, 2010, 02:18:28 PM »

I'd like to know what the Cox family is doing to gain custody of those two boys?

If Josh's behavior and control resulted in the possibility of those boys going without food and clothing, daycare, etc - couldn't Child Services be called in to investigate?

I do not feel it is in the best interest of those kids to have them remain in Josh's "care".
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #947 on: March 02, 2010, 04:13:49 PM »

Most likely nothing. I doubt Child Services have been called and even if they were, I doubt anything would result from it. Are her parents/family even allowed by Josh to see the boys?? If not, then why haven't they filed a petition to the court for visitation?

He doesn't seem too worried she will be found. He probably burned her in a 'firepit' out in some remote camping area. I am beginning to think she will never be found and he knows it. Shades of Drew Peterson.... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:25 PM »

Nothing ever came from the wet carpet in the house?  Also, too bad all of the well meaning friends and neighbors helped him move out, knowing the uber helpful types that they were, bet that house was spic n span in short order. If there was evidence left, it's long gone, thanks to folks that just can't seem to have a critical thinking moment. Color me cynical as he77, but under those circumstances I don't think I could be so gracious to give him benefit of the doubt. Sure, only God can judge, but He did give us all common sense.  Typical controlling abuser, can't wait until something exposes him as the cowardly murderer he is .
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: March 03, 2010, 02:38:04 AM »

someone added a new pg, its sickening

http://www.susanpowell.org/Pages/Susan_Powell/SusanCosmetologist.aspx
Susan Loves Hairstyling and Makeup

One of Susan's favorite hobbies is hairstyling and makeup. She is one of the best around when it comes to making people look good. She can produce any look or style desired. She can even do her own hair and frequently does. IMO, this is a slam disguised as a compliment. Deep anger seeping through here.

Susan attended Gene Juarez Academy in Washington state. With scholarships and support from her parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, her full tuition was paid. Susan truly achieved excellence. She is capable of recreating just about any hair style imaginable for both men and women.

Like many cosmotologists, Susan loves to change her hair frequentlyThere's that frequency issue again and headlining the paragraph too. . It is wonderful to see her passion and creativity manifest through her own hair and makeup. Most of her creative energy has been shared through her hobby and unofficial home based business.Interesting, the writer feels the need to not-so-subtly demean the business as unofficial, IMO. Dripping sarcasm, if I ever saw it.  Reading between the lines, the implication here is:  Susan "recklessly" wasted the family's money on her hairstyles/herself; she regularly neglected her family by using her creative energy,time,and talents to further her appearance; and was chasing a hair-styling dream.(MAJOR jealousy and deep-seated anger issues)
Although licensed in Washington state, Utah did not recognize Susan's cosmotology license. She is currently about 200 education hours short of achieving her license in Utah. Utah requires 2,000 hours total. Therefore, her home based business was never advertised and she never officially accepted payment for services. Many people would offer tips and they would usually reimburse her for products they used. IMO,the writer goes to great lengths to explain why Susan's hairstyling business didn't succeed.  IMO, he is surreptitiously suggesting Susan was too lazy to complete the 200 hours and advertise the business. I'm also reading a lot of anger that Susan didn't charge people (as Josh possibly told her to/demanded) for the service or the products she bought to do their hair. JMO

Susan never held back when it came to purchases at the beauty supply.Hear the anger and sarcasm?  Interesting choice of words implying Susan lacked self-control and was self-centered. Of course, Josh has always been happy to support Susan's efforts in any way he could.Contrasting to patient, indulgent, long-suffering Josh, as the writer begins to painstakingly detail all the ways Josh "happily supported" her far-fetched dream. Josh suggested that she turn it into a real business and he offered to teach her accounting basics. Josh is a Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor and has a degree in Business Administration. Remember Susan...you know, the missing person this page/blog is supposed to be about?

Josh and Susan had been making plansStrong emphasis on perpetrating the ideal of Josh and Susan working together as a team, to fulfill her dream to open a home based salon for Susan. They were going to cut an exterior door for an entrance into the basement. They started the project several years ago Interesting, the writer feels the need to specify the exact number of years. IMO, an effort to shore up the togetherness image., when they obtained a building permit.

During most of 2009, Josh was working on construction projects around the home and with the children. Highly suspicious of this one, as the children appear to be quite young to help Daddy with construction projects..particularly if Daddy is a control freak (as rumored).  Would like to see some corroboration from family, friends, and neighbors on this.Josh planned to continue working until Susan's salon and the basement were finished. Another interesting statement, given that going from an investment banker's salary to a hairstyling salary is a huge reduction in income.  Also, given the state of the economy,the housing market, and Josh reportedly being a realtor, I'm not buying this.  It's illogical that he would quit his job and Susan quit hers, expecting the family to be supported by a relatively unknown beauty salon with a very limited clientele (particularly given their reported financial problems, resulting in selling their second car/Josh's short-lived carpooling arrangement/Josh driving Susan to work). Susan already had her stylist's chair. I'd like to see an invoice, please.And as an expert woodworkerAgain, some corroboration from extended family,friends, and neighbors please.  Doubly interesting that so much effort is going into lauding Josh, on Susan's page., Josh was also working with Susan There's that togethernesss, support, shared common goals implication again. on plans to build a classy styling station for Susan - a station complete with lights, plumbing, and all the features a cosmotologist would want. Interesting choice of words again for someone trying to make this article sound so professionally done.  "State of the art" or "High tech" would have been more appropriate terms used by an expert craftsman in describing his work, wouldn't you think?

Most of these plans have been put on hold for the time being. Interesting word choice there. Wouldn't all of your construction and financial plans be put on hold if your beloved spouse, whom you so happily supported went missing?  Wonder what kind of insurance policy the Powells have and who the beneficiary is?

seems to put josh in a good lite, sounds like a rebuttal, to the coxs
news conf
http://www.kirotv.com/video/22580702/index.html

As you can see, I bolded a lot, underlined a lot, and commented a lot.  This article really angered me. Interesting how the writer seems unable to allow this blog to be solely about Susan.  Hmmmmm.  The writer references Josh's (sarcasm alert) overwhelming generosity toward Susan, his *ahem* overwhelming support of Susan, and his *cough-cough* over-indulgence of Susan..as if Josh is the ideal husband.  Blech!  Not buying this!   

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #950 on: March 03, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »

Experienced technical difficulty for a long time trying to post this (Hope I didn't break anything here-LOL!).  Got to run. Hope you al have a good evening/a.m. wherever you are.  God bless you!

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
jen3560
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: March 03, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »

Great analysis ISpy!

You know what stuck out for me the most?  The not so subtle undertones of what I perceive as the real message here:

Susan has the ability to completely recreate her appearance via hairstyle and makeup

Meaning - Susan ran away and she could have changed her appearance so much no one would recognize her, and that's why she hasn't been found yet.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: March 03, 2010, 07:04:24 PM »

JVM on HLN will be reaming out Josh Powell tonight 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: March 03, 2010, 07:50:03 PM »

I'll get the transcript up in the morning.

Susan's friend was on...when asked about the website she says there doesn't seem to be much information on it about Susan or how people can help find her and she wishes there were more photos of Susan on it...but she likes the lavender background of the pages 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:53:51 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #954 on: March 03, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »

I'll get the transcript up in the morning.

Susan's friend was on...when asked about the website she says there doesn't seem to be much information on it about Susan or how people can help find her and she wishes there were more photos of Susan on it...but she likes the lavender background of the pages 
I saw that, just about screamed and then turned the tv off 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: March 04, 2010, 07:42:38 AM »

skipping over to discussion of Susan Powell....

Aired March 3, 2010

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, bizarre new developments in the suspicious disappearance of a Utah mom. Susan Powell has been missing for three months. And the sole focus has been on her husband, Josh.

He is now facing a fresh wave of criticism, thanks to a new Web site he is believed to have launched, SusanPowell.org. We haven`t confirmed this is Josh`s site. We haven`t heard back from his attorney, but a lot of people, including Susan`s family, think Josh is behind it.

The site reads, quote, "The children are all happy and well- adjusted in their new home." The author is either lying or in very close contact with the two Powell boys. The site also singing Josh, the husband, the person of interest, praises. Quote, "Josh is a loving father and husband. He likes to take his wife out to dinner or watch movies with her. Josh is totally committed to his wife and children."

Well, he can`t take her out to the movies, because she is missing and he`s a person of interest in that disappearance.

Ok, anyway, that`s not what Susan`s family says. They say Susan was planning to leave Josh after years of abuse and control. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SHELBY GIFFORD, COX FAMILY SPOKESWOMAN: I`ve spent the most time with Susan on a day-to-day basis, witnessing egregious acts of control on Josh`s part, including controlling her use of the car, denying her access to the family finances, even though she brought in most of the money, repeatedly, sabotaging her parenting efforts. And even governing which groceries she could buy or not buy.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Susan disappeared December 6th. Josh moved out of state less than a month later. He told police the night Susan vanished he took their two young sons camping around midnight in freezy, icy conditions. He says they then returned the next day and Susan was gone. Her parents simply do not believe him.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CHUCK COX, SUSAN POWELL`S FATHER: And he`s not saying anything and I am not buying this story that he gave the police.

GIFFORD: I find it very disturbing that he won`t speak up or say anything. And that he doesn`t seem to show concern or love or care. It`s just not a way a husband should react with his wife missing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, back with our fantastic panel. Also joining us, Michelle Sigona of MichelleSigona.com and we are very delighted to have Susan Powell`s friend, Jovanna Owings.

But first Michelle, what is the very latest?

MICHELLE SIGONA, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Well, I`ve spoke with Captain McLaughlin (ph) earlier today Jane and he says at this point they`re still moving forward with some leads and some information that they have. They`re not ready to go forward with that information as of yet. Josh Powell is still living in Washington State. He says he cannot stop him.

And if Josh is the author of this Web site, which Keersey (ph), one of Susan`s friends -- I spoke with her earlier today -- she told me that Josh is the creator of this Web site. That in fact, that after Susan went missing about three weeks after that, he started creating this Web site inside of her house.

So she witnessed a lot of this happen. It sort of went dead. But then the Web site was then brought up after a recent "Dr. Phil Show" and a neighbor in Josh Powell`s current community went out in Washington State and started plastering the neighborhood with posters and purple ribbons of Susan Powell. And then that`s when this particular --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok.

SIGONA: -- Web site popped up.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Jovanna Owings, you are Susan Powell`s friend. What do you make of this Web site and the fact that some of Susan`s other friends and family say it`s inappropriate if Josh is in fact doing this to kind of make himself look good?

JOVANNA OWINGS, SUSAN POWELL`S FRIEND: Actually, I`ve seen the Web site. And it`s confusing to me, because first of all, if it`s an official Web site, it`s really not very informative at all. And it`s frustrating, because it`s not giving much information at all for us to help or do anything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So are you upset about it, or are you ok with it?

OWINGS: I got to see a couple more pictures of Susan that I haven`t seen. And I like the lavender-filled background. But --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok.

OWINGS: You know, it`s more -- it`s more of a frustration for me than anything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. Jovanna, hang on. We`re going to get to you in just 60 seconds and hear more from you and your analysis. Hold on.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: SusanPowell.com or actually it`s SusanPowell.org, which implies an organization, claims to be the official site for information about this tragic case. It also touts, quote, "Exclusive access and copyright to more photos, videos and even continuing information about this beautiful woman" end quote.

And Mike Brooks, those words sound eerily impersonal to me if Josh is behind this site. First of all, why would he copyright those pictures? Wouldn`t he want Susan`s image spread far and wide since we`re looking for her, since she`s missing?

BROOKS: You know, Jane, you sure would think so. But the odd thing, as a resident former investigator, he`s trying to bolster his alibi, "Oh, look at these pictures, we go out in the snow all the time, camping." But no one, no one goes out at midnight, camping with your kids in blizzard conditions. And then the whole story about, Jane, "Well, I just lost track of time." That is all BS to me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. And he lost track of time. He`s supposed to be at work the next morning.

BROOKS: New job, a new job.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And never showed up.

All right. Susan`s family and friends say Josh controlled every aspect of her life, especially when it came to money. Oddly enough, SusanPowell.org makes a reference to Susan`s spending. Quote, "Susan never held back when it came to purchases at the beauty supply," end quote. Of course, "Josh has always been happy to support Susan`s efforts in any way he could," end quote.

Now, Jovanna Owings, again, is it weird to include that and what do you make of the criticisms that this is designed to bolster his image?

OWINGS: I think it is exactly that. It is a way of showing that he was trying to support her, in that effort to become a beautician and have that home business. But at the same time, I don`t think that that`s really the case. I don`t think that that`s where it was -- it was headed.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did you see controlling behavior on Josh`s part? You`re a friend of Susan`s, you were there, you`re observing. Did you observe any kind of -- would you say a toxic relationship, which is what the parents and the family are saying?

OWINGS: I did not see that between the two of them, because I wasn`t around them very much. I had just started to form that relationship between Susan and I --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did she ever complain about him?

OWINGS: She did a little bit. She was a little bit frustrated the day after Thanksgiving, because she needed to go to work and he was out buying gifts for Christmas and wasn`t back home in time for her to go to work.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now --

OWINGS: And so she asked me to go and help her get to work.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: It`s kind of ironic, because he was controlling the money supply, but she was bringing in most of the money. And that`s what happens sometimes. That -- you know, one of the reasons we`re covering this story, we want to find Susan Powell. That`s reason number one.

But also, to point out the hall marks of what could be an abusive relationship, because if people are in them, Michelle Sigona, there are certain hallmarks.

SIGONA: There are.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Susan`s parents say, you know, in the three months she has been missing, they`ve only been allowed to see their grandsons a couple of times, three times. What do you make of that, Michelle?

SIGONA: You know it`s just very interesting. It just feels like to me that hem you know, wanted to escape a lot of the attention that he was getting in Utah, wanted to go up to his gated community in Washington. Wanted to bring the kids up there to almost start over and kind of ignore what`s going on.

I kind of feel personally on a personal level that if it were my wife and if she were missing I would stay in that neighborhood and do everything that I could possibly do to try to help find her.

And a lot of times in domestic violence situations -- and again, we have not heard from Josh Powell on this end. So we`re just speaking as to what family and friends have come forward and said. There are tall tale red flags that women out there, you have to pay attention to -- you`ve got to pay attention to.

If you have friends out there that are in these kinds of situations, pick up the phone, call the national domestic violence hotline. There is help out there for you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely. Jovanna Owings, thank you for having the courage to talk to us. Thanks panel.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/03/ijvm.01.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #956 on: March 04, 2010, 07:52:58 AM »

Last Update: 3/03 2:11 am

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - Questions are swirling around the website SusanPowell.org that claims to be the "official site for information" about Susan Powell.

The 28 year old mother of two disappeared from her West Valley home in early December of last year.

The big question: Who is behind the website? There's nothing on the site itself that indicates who is responsible or where it comes from.

ABC 4 News researched the domain name and found it is registered through a Scottsdale, Arizona company, "Domains by Proxy" that keeps the names and personal information of website owners private.

A new page added to the site this week describes Susan's dream of opening a hairstyling salon in the basement of their home. The page also said, "Josh has always been happy to support Susan's efforts in any way ... Josh suggested that she turn it into a real business and he offered to teach her accounting basics. Josh is a Quickbooks Certified Pro Advisor and has a degree in Business Administration."

The anonymous writer implies the project was ongoing. According to the page, "Josh planned to continue working until Susan's salon and the basement were finished." But Josh's brother-in-law, Kirk Graves, said, "This project has been dead for two years at least."

What's more, a picture of a salon chair posted to the page seemingly proves that Josh was working to fulfill Susan's dream. But Josh's sister said it didn't come from him. "We actually picked up the chair that's in the picture. We gave it to them," said Jennifer Graves.

Kirk Graves believes the new page was written by a 2nd person. He said Josh is probably getting help from his father, Steve Powell. Josh and his two young sons are currently living in Steve Powell's house in Puyallup, Washington.

ABC 4 News asked Lou Bertram, a retired FBI agent who was on the Unibomber Task Force, to look at the page and give his assessment. While he cannot be sure, Bertram said he would be surprised if it was not produced by Josh Powell.

He believes the motive for creating SusanPowell.org has little to do with finding her. "He's got to go on the offensive," said Bertram. "He has to put himself #1. Unfortunately, other than the headline with Susan's name, she gets put in 2nd place. Josh is #1. It's me. It's me. It's me."

The real motive for the website, Bertram believes, is to counter the allegations from friends and family of Susan Powell that he is a controlling, manipulative, abusive husband. He said, "If I had not known the past 90 days and the situation, I would look at this and I would say Josh is the victim."

Bertram does not believe the website will have any impact on the investigation now being conducted by West Valley police. He does not see anything in it that would warrant removing Josh as a "person of interest" in the case.

For information on Susan Powell from her parent's perspective, click here.
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/New-page-added-to-mysterious-SusanPowell-org/ksdN4VKYwEiEGR9kSPzPkg.cspx

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #957 on: March 04, 2010, 06:43:16 PM »

Ok - I got curious about the SusanPowell.org site - I found it strange there was no contact information listed - almost always there is a "contact webmaster" button. Anyway, I ran a whois check on it and it has the name DomainsByProxy.com as the registrant. When I googled them I got a note that this site is used by scammers to hide their identities so no one can find them by an whois search. I also saw a notation that this is used by law enforcement. DomainsByProxy.com apparently will get the domain for you so you can hide your identity. Very strange to me. I would not hesitate to set up a throwaway email and list it for a contact if I was setting up a site like this.  :

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: March 05, 2010, 01:24:48 PM »

http://whois.domaintools.com/susanpowell.org

am i reading this correctly underlined

Domain ID:D126104342-LROR
Domain Name:SUSANPOWELL.ORG
Created On:19-Jul-2006 21:39:57 UTC
Last Updated On:20-Jan-2010 00:41:36 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Jul-2019 21:39:57 UTC

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #959 on: March 05, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-family-susan-powell-candlelight-vigils,0,3009442.story

Family of Susan Powell to hold vigils to mark 3 month disappearance
Jared Preusz, Web Content Producer FOX 13 News
4:40 PM MST, March 4, 2010

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The family of Susan Cox Powell is planning two candlelight vigils this weekend to mark three months since her disappearance. The 28-year-old West Valley City mother of two young boys was last seen Dec. 7 at her home. Her husband, Josh Powell, said Susan stayed home while he took his boys camping at midnight in subfreezing temperatures.

Police say Josh Powell is the only person of interest in the case. He moved to Washington State with his two sons in January after losing his job as a computer programmer. Susan's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, live minutes away, but Josh is now refusing visits. Susan's family has expressed concern for the children on a national TV talk show and at a press conference.

"I have concerns about their safety emotionally, at least," said Chuck Cox.

The Cox family also said they believe Susan was a victim of domestic abuse.

"We can say, however, without reservation that Susan was a victim of domestic abuse in her own home," said Shelby Gifford, the family spokeswoman, at a press conference.

The vigils will be held Saturday at 7:00 p.m. in Puyallup, Wash. and at Centennial Park at 3100 S. 5600 West in West Valley City.

The Cox family said they hope the public turns out to support the Search for Susan.

-------------------------------------------------------
in the vid they show pics from the .org site
http://susanpowell.org/Pages/SusanPowell.aspx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.