April 30, 2024, 01:30:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 353575 times)
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2009, 01:08:38 AM »

So if the police had to break into the house to get in we can say she either left of her own free will leaving behind everything or she was taken out of the house and the person who took her was kind enough to lock up when he left.

Now I'd like to know are the fans and wet floor a result of the police breaking the window or was this what the police found when they first entered the property?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2009, 09:50:03 AM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 05:19:04 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2009, 10:02:29 AM »

So if the police had to break into the house to get in we can say she either left of her own free will leaving behind everything or she was taken out of the house and the person who took her was kind enough to lock up when he left.

Now I'd like to know are the fans and wet floor a result of the police breaking the window or was this what the police found when they first entered the property?

I believe the wet spot on the floor and the fans were there, not something the police did when they broke the window.    Joshua Powell handed out fliers outside Energy Solutions Arena to people headed into the Utah Jazz game Saturday evening, but wouldn't offer any comment as to what he hoped passing out the copies with two photos of his beaming wife would achieve.

"I don't know," Powell said as to why he came to distribute the flyers. "I'm not here to answer questions."     This guy is a real major piece of work, can't even figure out why he is passing out flyers. He can't even pretend to care    I have two thoughts about the comments Susan's father is saying. One, the police told him to say that, or two, like you said Klaas they are in denial.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »

Five Stages Of Grief
Denial and Isolation.
At first, we tend to deny the loss has taken place, and may withdraw from our usual social contacts. This stage may last a few moments, or longer.
Anger.
The grieving person may then be furious at the person who inflicted the hurt (even if she's dead), or at the world, for letting it happen. He may be angry with himself for letting the event take place, even if, realistically, nothing could have stopped it.
Bargaining.
Now the grieving person may make bargains with God, asking, "If I do this, will you take away the loss?"
Depression.
The person feels numb, although anger and sadness may remain underneath.
Acceptance.
This is when the anger, sadness and mourning have tapered off. The person simply accepts the reality of the loss.

http://www.memorialhospital.org/library/general/stress-THE-3.html

craftycathie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »

Here is an interesting blog post from a wife of a man named Tim.  I believe from previous posts that Tim worked with Susan at Wells Fargo. 

http://owneroftheband.blogspot.com/2009/12/update-on-susan-powell.html
craftycathie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2009, 01:10:03 PM »

Here is an interesting blog post from a wife of a man named Tim.  I believe from previous posts that Tim worked with Susan at Wells Fargo. 

Sorry to quote myself - Found a new blog post that states that her Husband (Time) sat next to Susan at work.

http://owneroftheband.blogspot.com/2009/12/updates.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2009, 01:48:13 PM »

Thank-you 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »

Missing Utah mom's family prays for her return

y BROCK VERGAKIS (AP) – 8 hours ago
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The father of a missing Utah woman is doing what he can to keep attention focused on the search for her, saying investigators' focus on her husband appeared to be misplaced.
Susan Powell, the 28-year-old mother of two small children, was reported missing Monday under what police are calling suspicious circumstances.
Since than, police have increased the number of investigators assigned to the case to about 30. They have questioned her husband, Josh Powell, and searched a desert area where he said he took the couple's children, ages 2 and 4, camping early Monday morning in freezing conditions.
West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan says police haven't been able to verify Josh Powell's story because snow had covered the spot where he said he went.
Her father, Charles Cox, flew in from Puyallup, Wash., south of Seattle, to assist in the search. He spent Saturday morning granting dozens of interviews to media outlets around the country in an effort to keep his daughter's name and picture in the news.
While Cox and Josh Powell shared a brief hug before a prayer service began, Cox said the only conversation he's had with him since his daughter was reported missing was on Tuesday.
"I'm kind of concerned that all the focus is on him at the present. I mean he's told his story — believable or not — and I don't see him as capable of harming her," Cox said. "And the more time spent on him, the less time there is looking at other possibilities."
Meanwhile, a prayer service attended by about 100 people was held for her y BROCK VERGAKIS (AP) – 8 hours ago
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — The father of a missing Utah woman is doing what he can to keep attention focused on the search for her, saying investigators' focus on her husband appeared to be misplaced.
Susan Powell, the 28-year-old mother of two small children, was reported missing Monday under what police are calling suspicious circumstances.
Since than, police have increased the number of investigators assigned to the case to about 30. They have questioned her husband, Josh Powell, and searched a desert area where he said he took the couple's children, ages 2 and 4, camping early Monday morning in freezing conditions.
West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan says police haven't been able to verify Josh Powell's story because snow had covered the spot where he said he went.
Her father, Charles Cox, flew in from Puyallup, Wash., south of Seattle, to assist in the search. He spent Saturday morning granting dozens of interviews to media outlets around the country in an effort to keep his daughter's name and picture in the news.
While Cox and Josh Powell shared a brief hug before a prayer service began, Cox said the only conversation he's had with him since his daughter was reported missing was on Tuesday.
"I'm kind of concerned that all the focus is on him at the present. I mean he's told his story — believable or not — and I don't see him as capable of harming her," Cox said. "And the more time spent on him, the less time there is looking at other possibilities."
Meanwhile, a prayer service attended by about 100 people was held for her ay in West Valley City, and volunteers posted thousands of fliers with her image on it.
Josh Powell declined to answer questions from The Associated Press on Saturday.
"I can't say anything," he said following the prayer service.
Complicating the search for Susan Powell, McLachlan said police don't have a description of the clothing she was wearing when Josh Powell last saw her about 12:30 a.m. Monday.
Susan Powell's friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, described her as a "girly girl" who liked to get dressed up when she went out with friends and make blankets for friends at church.
She said that winter camping trip seemed out-of-character.
"They might go camping, but they would not do it in the winter, they would not do it in the middle of night and they wouldn't do it when they were expected at work the next day," she said.

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2009, 05:08:05 PM »

Utah mom missing for full week; clues are few

SALT LAKE CITY — Police had little to go on Sunday in the search for a Utah woman who hasn't been seen for a full week.

Twenty-eight-year-old Susan Powell was reported missing from a Salt Lake City suburb in a case that police call suspicious.

She left behind two children and a husband who says he doesn't know what happened to her.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan says at least eight detectives worked the case Sunday, fielding any tips or leads they can get from the family or friends.

Detectives are appealing for the public's help.

They plan to conduct another interview early this week with husband Josh Powell, who told police he left his wife and took his boys, ages 2 and 4, on a camping trip around midnight Dec. 6 in subfreezing temperatures.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jE-50f71E8ypwigW42nKuDx27hxAD9CIKFA81
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »

Sorry to quote myself - Found a new blog post that states that her Husband (Time) sat next to Susan at work.

I got the feeling of craziness all around them when I read the article that friends and church members were fasting until Susan was found.   Fasting is not going to help find her. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

Utah mom missing for full week; clues are few

SALT LAKE CITY Police had little to go on Sunday in the search for a Utah woman who hasn't been seen for a full week.

Twenty-eight-year-old Susan Powell was reported missing from a Salt Lake City suburb in a case that police call suspicious.

She left behind two children and a husband who says he doesn't know what happened to her.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan says at least eight detectives worked the case Sunday, fielding any tips or leads they can get from the family or friends.

Detectives are appealing for the public's help.

They plan to conduct another interview early this week with husband Josh Powell, who told police he left his wife and took his boys, ages 2 and 4, on a camping trip around midnight Dec. 6 in subfreezing temperatures.

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/916/story/828484.html?storylink=omni_popular
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2009, 05:12:11 PM »

Where is missing Utah mom Susan Powell? (video)

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-Crime--Media-Examiner~y2009m12d13-Where-is-missing-Utah-mom-Susan-Powell-video
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2009, 05:54:07 PM »

I got the feeling of craziness all around them when I read the article that friends and church members were fasting until Susan was found.   Fasting is not going to help find her. 
Fasting? You are right how in the world does that help anything?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2009, 06:07:26 PM »

Utah: Friends and family of Susan Powell, 28, who disappeared Monday under what police call suspicious circumstances, fasted and prayed Saturday for her safe return as volunteers posted thousands of fliers with her image on it.

http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/creator-of-first-50-star-american-flag-dies-at-67/1058492
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2009, 06:53:55 PM »

I think he is guilty...maybe he will confess ....by the sound of his story he isn't too bright so he should be easy to catch...JMO
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »

Dad to Utah cops: Find my daughter

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - The father of a missing Utah woman says he doesn’t think his son-in-law had it in him to harm his daughter, and wants cops to focus on finding her.

Susan Powell, 28, was reported missing last week under what police say are suspicious circumstances. Police have questioned her husband, Josh Powell, and searched a desert area where he said he took their children, ages 2 and 4, camping early last Monday morning in freezing conditions but couldn’t verify his story because snow had covered the area.

Susan Powell’s father, Charles Cox, flew in from Puyallup, Wash., to assist in the search. He and Josh Powell shared a brief hug before a prayer service began.

“I’m kind of concerned that all the focus is on him at the present. I mean he’s told his story - believable or not - and I don’t see him as capable of harming her,” Cox said. “And the more time spent on him, the less time there is looking at other possibilities.”

Josh Powell told police he last saw her about 12:30 a.m. Dec. 7.

Susan Powell’s friend, Kiirsi Hellewell, said the story seemed odd. “They might go camping, but they would not do it in the winter, they would not do it in the middle of night” she said.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/national/west/view/20091213dad_to_utah_cops_find_my_daughter/srvc=home&position=recent
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »

Fasting? You are right how in the world does that help anything?

I know a lady that is a prayer warrior...by that I mean she spends the whole day praying,and at times she will fast up to three days which I feel is very unsafe because she has MS...so maybe the church folks feel they should fast and pray..My guess only.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »

New post from above link:

Yeah, it is totally crazy. There are people at work who knew that she felt like she was in danger, and she took precautions in case something else happen to here. I'll post details later if it doesn't all come out in the end.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2009, 09:49:53 AM »

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9024861

Wet spot was found in missing woman's home, father says
December 14th, 2009 @ 7:15am

WEST VALLEY CITY -- The father of a missing West Valley City woman says police found a wet spot at her home last week.

Susan Powell, 28, has been missing since Dec. 7. According to the Deseret News, her father, Chuck Cox, says police found the wet spot on the living room floor when they first broke into Powell's house to see if the family was OK. Two fans were blowing on the spot.

Cox says he heard about it from a family member that was with police when they broke in.

West Valley City Police Capt. Tom McLachlan told the Deseret News he could not comment on details of the investigation. Police have not said whether they think the wet spot has anything to do with Powell's disappearance. Investigators have called her disappearance suspicious.

Susan's friends and family held a church prayer service Saturday afternoon. Her husband, Josh Powell, attended with their two children. His brother-in-law, Kirk Graves, spoke to reporters and blasted speculation about Josh, who stood next to him and said nothing.

(snipped)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705351425/Wet-spot-found-in-Powells-home.html

Police found wet spot in Susan Powell's home

2 fans were pointed at area on floor, missing woman's father says

By Paul Koepp

Deseret News
Published: Sunday, Dec. 13, 2009 10:38 p.m. MST

WEST VALLEY CITY — Why were there two fans blowing on a wet spot on the living room floor of Susan Powell's home last Monday?

It's just one question her family would like answered in connection with the suspicious disappearance of the 28-year-old West Valley City mother of two.

Police noticed the spot when they broke into the house to see if the family had been poisoned by carbon monoxide, according to Powell's father, Chuck Cox. He said a family member who was with police at the time conveyed the information to him.

Cox said the presence of the wet spot initially gave him hope the family may have simply rushed to the hospital after an accident.

Powell's husband, Josh, showed up at the home later on Monday with his two sons and said he had taken them camping in the Simpson Springs area of Tooele County.

But there has been no word from Susan Powell, despite pleas from friends and family that have spread the news of her disappearance nationwide.

Josh Powell called Cox on Tuesday to say Susan was still missing.

"I wanted to ask him a bunch of questions, but he was on the way to the police," Cox said. "When he said she's missing, his voice kind of cracked."

Cox said he's had a "decent relationship" with his son-in-law.

"He confides in me at times, and we've worked through problems that they've had with his employment and stuff," Cox said. "There are so many questions I would ask, but I'm not really planning on talking to him."

Josh Powell's brother-in-law, Kirk Graves, who has been speaking on his behalf, said he was aware police were investigating the wet spot, but he had no comment.

Cox said he will continue spreading the word about his daughter for a few more days before returning home to Puyallup, Wash. He also has plans to meet with Elizabeth Smart's father, Ed, who has offered his support.

"I would love to do something, but what can you do?" Cox said. "All I can do is wait."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.